2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ice_cold2016

"1 on 1 at the beach" Why is this a thing?

MaxBazooka01
Posted (edited)

Completely and utterly false. I invite people to 1v1s all the time and I despise the marksman. It's a stupidly overpowered weapon while in first person and is completely unrealistic. People like us also don't just fight at beach, most also do dogfights with aircraft like the pyro and starling. Don't be an overgeneralizing idiot.

Yeah that's pretty far from the truth. Hydras and Lazers are the ones tryhard 1v1'ers use most of the time.

Not true, the majority of my friends are starling and pyro dogfighters who also do 1v1s at beach. It's much better than base. Then again I am in the Ghilliemaster crew.

The players who invite you to the beach are the ones who have spent all their time learning the marksman shuffle. They only have the one trick and can't fight anywhere else. It's the most boring 1v1 that you could possibly have anyway so I'd never accept an invite to go there.

Completely and utterly false. I invite people to 1v1s all the time and I despise the marksman. It's a stupidly overpowered weapon while in first person and is completely unrealistic. People like us also don't just fight at beach, most also do dogfights with aircraft like the pyro and starling. Don't be an overgeneralizing idiot.

How can it be utterly false? I'm talking about 1v1 at the beach. That's exactly how it is all the time. And if you are saying you don't fight that way when you're not at the beach then that's not fighting at the beach, is it.

So you are saying that every single 1v1 at the beach is marksman spam? There are countless videos on YouTube that disprove that, by people like Motmus, Crazy Krille, Staeni, King Fancy, UVersusPro, etc. Beach isn't like base, it's not explicitly rpg and grenade launcher spam. Often times beach can be marksman, but the majority of time it is heavy s. vs heavy s.

Edited by MaxBazooka01

I_Took_Your_Lzzz?

Tryhards 1 v 1 at the beach because they're all about Heavy Sniper and Marksman many use RPGs too. And when you're in the first person, the beach is the best place to move faster and also there are no obstacles like Skyscrapers and stuff. Typical tryhards play base means City mostly for passive popping, spawning the best griefing tools R* ever released in the game. Meanwhile, you can't spawn your vehicle on the beach. So, I can say 1 v 1 on the beach could mostly clean/Fair. I mean you would have to deal with BST but nobody is stopping you you to use it too. I'm not a Tryhard or wannabe tryhard, I'm just kinda good at the game is what I can say so, I don't know a lot. 💠

Big Molio

Last time a Tryhard™ invited me to a 1v1 at the beach, I accepted. I waited until he went over there and started dancing around then just flew over and dropped bombs on him from the Akula. 

f*cking idiot

QnJ

I don't why it's a thing but then one night I was playing I heard someone raging at another player over killing him with a deluxo and then this high ranker dude stepped in a mediator and asked them to meet at the beach to fist fight..... gotta be the cringiest thing I ever heard.

xwinkx_girlYakuza

The only 1 on 1 at the beach I'd participate in would be me and my Issi Classic watching the sunset together :D

ciel

it's out in the open, you'll spawn on the beach over and over if they kill you. and they want their e-peens validated 

f*ckin virgins.

PetrolCB
4 minutes ago, xwinkx_girlYakuza said:

The only 1 on 1 at the beach I'd participate in would be me and my Issi Classic watching the sunset together :D

You could always go spelunking on the east coast. 

That’s a pretty detailed area that gets no use, outside one of my old favorite contact missions, “Coveted”.

xwinkx_girlYakuza
44 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

You could always go spelunking on the east coast. 

That’s a pretty detailed area that gets no use, outside one of my old favorite contact missions, “Coveted”.

Will check it out. Thnx :)

x_TestsubjecT_x

Definitely a quiet part of the map worth checking out.   They even have a lighthouse out that way.  Always liked that.   I think the first time players really started getting out there was with the final

for Series A.  Always a tough day for Trevor.  

PetrolCB
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, xwinkx_girlYakuza said:

Will check it out. Thnx :)

No problem. There’s a pretty cool cave out there. It’d probably be a nice place to hide out if you were bountied or whatever. The underwater flora is nice as well, IIRC.

Edited by PetrolCB

RyuNova
Posted (edited)

They will call you a pussy and a scrub because you got a "cheap kill" but will then Spawn-Kill you with an Explosive Sniper repeatedly on the beach and claim they won.

I get them all the time when I vaporise people with my Thruster and fly away cackling. I just reply "I cant, I am already in Paleto Bay, catch me if you can."

Edited by RyuNova

Voodoo-Hendrix

I can't wait for the 1v1 at Bahamas Mamas West.

Those Marksman dancing skillz are going to be put to the test.

*puts an Sticky Bomb on the dance floor*

xwinkx_girlYakuza

That would be funny to watch. Popcorns are ready :D

Brutal Trout
Posted (edited)

I've had plenty of requests... I deny all of them, because I'm "scared". Or maybe because I'm having fun dropping bombs on their heads with my Akula and watch them go passive because they are clueless on how to counter it. They usually go passive and start sending you messages. What a delight.

So my common answer to "1v1 beach" is "why ?" or "1v1 darts".

Edited by Brutal Trout

PetrolCB
Posted (edited)

The title of this thread reminds me of one of those John Oliver “...and now this...” bits. 

Edited by PetrolCB