2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ice_cold2016

"1 on 1 at the beach" Why is this a thing?

Happy Hunter

Tryhards don't catch onto stuff very quickly, so they often have only one part of the game they've perfected (wiggle sniping and blowing themselves up, typically at the beach).

Bang!

Only one part. Imagine playing GTAO like that? I don't think I need to go any further.

Seems to completely kill their situational awareness too.

RockstarZigs

cuz i wanna own u wit mah mad skillz bro lol, fite me

Voodoo-Hendrix

No explosives, Sniper only, Vespucci Destination

A Maned Wolf

I love the messages you get off the tryhards when you explosive snipe their Deluxos, after they have tried to rocket and ram you with them.

Especially when I bring out the VIP Ruiner 2k....

All the tears

LunaticPandora

Gets way too funny when you start beating them at the beach with strafe sniping. Next thing you know, they end up bringing a Khanjali. What a great way to admit defeat. Now I'll be teleporting away from your salty ass, thank you very much.

Funny because I was doing stand your ground in an mc with 2 others, and 2 tryhards come up to us and proceeded to spend the next 20 minutes trying to capture it despite getting routinely thrashed.(I expect one of them was especially pissed off that I stole his nightshark and ran him over with it) Eventually after being killed countless times, they BOTH got out a Khanjali and attempted to double team us. In the end, we still won. Says a lot about their "skill" if they resort to using 2 tanks against us and they still couldn't win.

Talisman_83

I love the messages you get off the tryhards when you explosive snipe their Deluxos, after they have tried to rocket and ram you with them.

Especially when I bring out the VIP Ruiner 2k....

All the tears

I love taking my Stromberg on a tour to visit all the Deluxos and Oppressors in a session :)

AUScowboy
Posted (edited)

It's the time old tradition of "meet me behind the school yard at 3 o'clock". But in GTA, so a digital E-peen measuring contest essentially.

Happy, that is the funniest sh*t I've seen in a good while... you should label that with a humor warning, I legit almost choked to death on my dry cereal!

Edited by AUScowboy

Retroview1955
Posted (edited)

It proves overall sniping and rocket skill. You can't get hit by pedestrians and your opponent can't walk hang. This is where tryhards are exposed and real players shine. Tryhards go passive when they respawn on the beach.

Tryhards don't catch onto stuff very quickly, so they often have only one part of the game they've perfected (wiggle sniping and blowing themselves up, typically at the beach).

Bang!

Only one part. Imagine playing GTAO like that? I don't think I need to go any further.

I'll bet you went passive or left the session when he spawned too. Edited by Retroview1955

SkylineGTRFreak

I either don't respond or say "it's not a good day t go to the beach".

a stupid fight is stupid.

*Bombs people in Seabreeze*

1vs1 sniper on the beach!

-1vs1 Seabreeze dogfight?

No, anyone can use these easymode jets

-lel, k

Gotta love the hypocrisy of tryhards

"explosive sniper noob"

Bruh, you're on a jet...

at least you got that, I've got one messaging me "cheater" and left the lobby after I destroyed his jet with explosive rounds.

That's what I Love about bombs. Apperantly people can't comprehend that they can be used very effectively once "mastered".

I already had people trying to tell me I modded explosive guns on my Seabreeze. Glorious.

Smooth Longsack

I'm never the guy to ask for a 1v1. That being said, there is something satisfying about a good wiggle match at del pero. It's not nearly as exhilarating as a good dogfight though. Sometimes you make a friend.

Nutduster

It proves overall sniping and rocket skill. You can't get hit by pedestrians and your opponent can't walk hang. This is where tryhards are exposed and real players shine. Tryhards go passive when they respawn on the beach.

Bang!

I'll bet you went passive or left the session when he spawned too.

We found the tryhard, ladies and gents.

TankGirl

They just wanna marksman dance and blow themselves up after you shoot them once. I always decline. If someone wants to kill me they can come kill me where I am, I'm not making any special trips to the beach for them.

Ice_cold2016

The last time somebody begged me to 1v1 at the beach it was a 2v1 against me. Then my crew turned it 5v2.

Pro-tip: don't try to grief somebody when half of the other players have the same crew tag.

Taking on entire crews solo is my speciality. I find it much easier than 1 on 1. Because in my mind there's much more to hit. lol Its easier to pick them off and pick them apart.

Killer Whale
Posted (edited)

Maybe the tryhards who ask for a 1v1 really want a romantic walk on the beach at sunset, but theyre too shy to ask.

Honestly though, I think its more of a reassurance that theyre superior by using predictable spawn points and tired sniping strategies.

Edited by Killer Whale

Ice_cold2016

They just wanna marksman dance and blow themselves up after you shoot them once. I always decline. If someone wants to kill me they can come kill me where I am, I'm not making any special trips to the beach for them.

Same. I very rarley go over unless its to wind them up as i mentioned. I know its because they want me to play to a playstyle that suits them. I'm not stoopid enough to fall for that. I always let them come to me and fall into the trap of my playstyle. Take them right out of their comfort zone roll em over and play with their balls. :colgate:

Ice_cold2016

Had another beach invite last night. (I know i'm popular) Got on the mic and told him no. He asked why not, scared? I replied "Not at all. I've just had a shower and don't want to get sand in my drawers. You ever had sand in ya crack? Once that stuff get's in there its in there for weeks!" Then carried on my merry way whizzing around in my issi classic equipped with clown horn. Gave him a few toots on the way past. He didn't know what to make of me and just left. lol

Voodoo-Hendrix

Bang!

490.jpg

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)

Its merely a request for a fair fight, people who are good use the heavy sniper, and beat marksman all day. The spawn trap idea doesnt really apply as after each kill the other player normally ewos, this keeps the cops off the beach and negates the spawn trap idea being promoted as some reason to hate on this game. The beach near vespucci is a straight line and allows for pure sniper battle unlike most areas of the map.

I have never accepted an invite or made an offer, because I am not trying to be the best at gta, but I can understand the logic of the area and game. But I have fought a lot of people on the beach, and thats why I understand the request.

Not only that, this was promoted by youtubers as a way to determine who are the best snipers. Thats why you get children spamming this when you beat them.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Voodoo-Hendrix

^if people actually wanted a "fair fight" they would take it to a Deathmatch with forced weapons and no bulletproof helmets.

And even with that, there's some balance issues with the weapons in the game.

EkaSwede

Happy Hunter: "Excuse me, sir, do you have a moment to talk about Helisexuality? *gently taps tryhard's back*

It turned out that Helisexuality was the Tryharder's Death Trigger and the mention killed him outright because he just couldn't handle Helisexuality. He will not be missed.

Funeral is on Saturday.

Nutduster

Its merely a request for a fair fight, people who are good use the heavy sniper, and beat marksman all day. The spawn trap idea doesnt really apply as after each kill the other player normally ewos, this keeps the cops off the beach and negates the spawn trap idea being promoted as some reason to hate on this game. The beach near vespucci is a straight line and allows for pure sniper battle unlike most areas of the map.

There are problems with it though. First of all it's really solely a sniper fight. You are usually too far for accurate rocketing, other weapons are completely useless, and of course vehicles are considered off limits. For those of us who prefer the full palette of GTA battling, this is seriously confining. (Personally I most often beat people by out-strategizing them, not by outshooting them; I am never going to force myself into a box where I lose my biggest advantage.)

Second, it purports to be fair but it's really not. The spawns are all basically in a straight line, so once a guy kills you, he will have a shot on you as you respawn, before you can even raise your gun to scope in. A really good sniper will be literally spawn-trapping you because you're always in front of him with no cover. This is just one example out of dozens why GTA is not a real competitive shooter, and why I don't play it like one; better shooters (the ones that qualify for MLG or other competitive play) have logic to prevent line-of-sight spawning, so that you have a fighting chance when you just have come back from being killed.

TankGirl

Same. I very rarley go over unless its to wind them up as i mentioned. I know its because they want me to play to a playstyle that suits them. I'm not stoopid enough to fall for that. I always let them come to me and fall into the trap of my playstyle. Take them right out of their comfort zone roll em over and play with their balls. :colgate:

Yeah, I skip the playing with their balls part....

Retroview1955
Posted (edited)

Bang!

We found the tryhard, ladies and gents.

I might be worst than a tryhard. I don't ewo in the middle of fight. I can pretty much kill anyone onsight. I can handle people's Pegasus vehicle tendencies the best. Edited by Retroview1955

Nutduster

What's that? Sorry, I couldn't understand you with that rebreather on.

Retroview1955

No rebreather.

Silencer555

You made me spill my damn iced tea all over the floor.

Voodoo-Hendrix

c51.png

hei3enberg

I'm surprised that this topic is still alive.

Retroview1955

c51.pngTease as you will. You got nothing on me.

Voodoo-Hendrix

^Go back to COD buddy.