Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,242 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Quinn_flower

GTA ONLINE: BUSINESS WEEK

204 members have voted

1. 1. how you feel about this week event?

• meh
    • eh could be better
    • happy
    • fk you r*
    • pleased/content
    • should of been something else released

Rashkovskys Shiv

Business papers.

Per Fun, Doomsday heist (technically a series of contact missions) is currently doubled so get in there before they fix.

I'm on Ps4 and Double money for Doomsday heists are patched already.

I joined a Bogdan problem finale as a random, and got 30% cut for $300k but ended up with $600k!

Next setup I joined in Doomsday was back to normal:(

Darn.

Maxx1013
Posted (edited)

I was already happy and planning to play daily with the double rp stunt races and missions but I get 150k extra every day just for playing makes this even better. Plus a new treasure hunt later this year awesome. Not playing for the last 2 weeks makes me even more excited to play this week.

I voted for happy and pleased/content but also had to vote for fk you r* because I still can't own a cop outfit.

Edited by Maxx1013

Kiethblacklion

I'm happy to see the contact missions get some double money love. Looks like I'll be playing every day this week for the free money

StormerBoy

Source please OP

Preban_ar15

I've never even tried a contact mission so I'll give that a shot. Also bought a yacht since I want to start doing piracy prevention. Seems like an easy 30k

Rammer2k

Up to $1million just for logging in for the week, plus 2x on Contact Missions? Something big, and expensive must be coming this summer. Prolly another paywall business where you have to spend $5million on a useless facility, and then try to get a solo lobby just to safely complete the sell missions.

BlanketGrinder

Happy!

Gonna grind jobs from uncle Lester all week.

Cudwieser

Just gonna say this week is going to be insane in the free mode lobbies. Team play in the missions should be decent though (even with randoms). Great chance for newbies to progress their game as long as they don't dick about. Frankly this'll be the most active GTA Online haas been for an age, especially with the log in bonuses. Take a hint R* a daily login of between 20k and 100k (at 5k intervals) would create a more sustained and willing crowd generally than relying on 12 year olds and hardcore loonies, while the casual crowd generally stay away. Add a round robin of double money jobs in each category (5 contact missions, 10 adversary, 10 races, etc) each week and the turn out will be even more consistant. FFS R* you have moments of genius like this weeks events, but you are forever dropping the ball soon after. It's necessary to be consistant, just don't be consistantly bad.

FlacidJack

Did a forum member take a R* developer hostage or something? This looks more like a ransom demand than the weekly specials.

Kiethblacklion
Posted (edited)

Did a forum member take a R* developer hostage or something? This looks more like a ransom demand than the weekly specials.

It was probably "LD", going all crazy. But hey, whatever works right?

Edited by Kiethblacklion

Jenkiiii
Posted (edited)

Effectively, you can earn several million dollars this week by doing very little, which doubles up into even more money when you take the discounts into account. A new and up-n-coming player could earn 2-3 million, for example, which effectively doubles up to 4-6 million in assets if you buy wisely.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Vapid Dominator GTX and the thought of playing 2X Contact Missions.

As is often the case with these mass GTA$ giveaways, they reek of a major update just round the corner? Rockstar want to get new and casual players on board, give them lots of free cash to play with, and easy ways of spending that cash through hefty discounts, then suddenly... a whole bunch of new DLC content that they can't afford because they've spent it all.

Spend wisely. A future update is on its way.

Edited by Jenkiiii

CultureJim

The best all around specials I've seen since coming back to the game a few months ago.

BOOGIEMAN219
Posted (edited)

This week im trying to get the akula, a yacht, and a facility. Im level 250 something and never once did a heist yet I just want the facility for the strike teams.

Edited by BOOGIEMAN219

sea cucumber

Business papers.

Per Fun, Doomsday heist (technically a series of contact missions) is currently doubled so get in there before they fix.

so you're telling me the doomsday heists have double money and rp?

That1Skeleton

Decent, glad the two vehicles released today were ones I was looking forward to.

dairyworker

This is great. I have actually been back onto contact missions the last couple days after a few weeks away from L.S so perfect timing. With the added bonuses just for playinv the next week i will easily bank a few million, even if i don't get on much.

II_J3D_II

Can someone please share the highest paying contact missions, and maybe make a playlist of them for Xbox one?

FlacidJack

This week im trying to get the akula, a yacht, and a facility. Im level 250 something and never once did a heist yet I just want the facility for the strike teams.

don't buy the Akula, it scares the crap out of me when another one is roaming the island! especially when we're both protecting random cargo :)

RANDOMv2

FYI, make sure you max out the contact missions time to 15 minutes to get the full payout.

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

Nice.

Pedinhuh
Posted (edited)

1 million and 2x on contact missions?

Hell yeah, I gonna steamroll that sh*t with my new toys again :)

Edited by Pedinhuh

Cudwieser

FYI, make sure you max out the contact missions time to 15 minutes to get the full payout.

I'll contest that. If you're playing passively then yes, but the rule of 4-6 minutes still applies for best returns. More missions played in less than half the time for 50% of the pay will still net a better return than the full 15min payout (unless you're being passive).

Effectively, you can earn several million dollars this week by doing very little, which doubles up into even more money when you take the discounts into account. A new and up-n-coming player could earn 2-3 million, for example, which effectively doubles up to 4-6 million in assets if you buy wisely.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Vapid Dominator GTX and the thought of playing 2X Contact Missions.

As is often the case with these mass GTA$ giveaways, they reek of a major update just round the corner? Rockstar want to get new and casual players on board, give them lots of free cash to play with, and easy ways of spending that cash through hefty discounts, then suddenly... a whole bunch of new DLC content that they can't afford because they've spent it all.

Spend wisely. A future update is on its way.

Also bear in mind that if you wait a month or so for the new dlc to become discounted you'll save a ton of money. Like you've said spend wisely, but also remember patience is a virtue.

DangerZ0neX

I cannot say I'm not happy about $x2 Contact Missions. It has been too long.

Pedinhuh
Posted (edited)

Man, this upcoming update is gonna be expensive...

Edited by Pedinhuh

Jenkiiii

Can someone please share the highest paying contact missions, and maybe make a playlist of them for Xbox one?

Sigh... let me explain...

Contact Missions do not have fixed payouts, but payouts that are based on how long it takes to complete the mission. This applies to ALL Contact Missions, so there are no missions that pay out better than others, only missions that are easier than others.

The general consensus is to take 5-8 minutes to complete each mission and then move on to the next.

reform
Posted (edited)

A decent round of bonuses/offers TBH. Too bad I'll be playing Dad of War.

Sigh... let me explain...

Contact Missions do not have fixed payouts, but payouts that are based on how long it takes to complete the mission. This applies to ALL Contact Missions, so there are no missions that pay out better than others, only missions that are easier than others.

The general consensus is to take 5-8 minutes to complete each mission and then move on to the next.

Not entirely true. Each contact mission has a baseline payout, generally speaking the higher the level requirement to start the mission, the higher the baseline payout. There is indeed also a variance based on completion time, but a higher level mission, like "Trash Talk" for example, will pay out more than a low level mission if they are completed in the same amount of time.

Edited by reform

Commander S

Free money and t-shirts? Yeah, okay, I'll bite - not least because that'll help me claw my way back over the million dollar mark...

I'm guessing this is a hint that June's update is going to be pricey - not sure if it's worth grinding missions, though, since we've no clue what it's going to be about, and I'm not wasting time stockpiling cash, only for it to be another Gunrunning/Smuggler's Run/Doomsday Heist... :sui:

PondNewt
Posted (edited)

To answer II_J3D_II's question I think Trash Talk is one of the best paying missions as when done with something like the Savage it doesn't take very long but still provides a good cash and RP payout.

In regards to the week in general it seems Rockstar are being very generous. I'm going to be doing mainly contact missions (possibly in freeaim) mixed in with a bit of racing to break it up. I was thinking of busting out a good old fashioned Crystal Clear Out 3 playlist as well but I see someone mentioned the non contact missions sadly aren't included in the event so I guess I'll have to give that a miss. Still great though to see contact missions get some attention.

Edited by PondNewt

MaxBazooka01

WOOHOO. That calcs out to a total 1.15 mil for FREE. Time for me to get myself a hydra. 2x on contact missions will make amazing money while I let my bunker and lockup produce.

JustCallMeNiko

Looks like the best event week in recent memory...