3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

The Sadie Appreciation Posse

vKing
Posted (edited)

I actually think sadie will become Arthurs gf, they seem very close in the trailer. But it will probably be complicated like if you have sex with a hooker she will flip out which let's you know that this character is alive and has feelings. I feel like Sadie is a good opportunity to do some Witcher 3 sh*t in terms of a romantic relationship with a female character.

Edited by vKing
spelling error

SherifWayne

I'm pretty sexist when it comes to forcing women into games unrealistically but women pretty much ruled the wild west back in the day because brothels were the only fun thing around for working men slaving away trying to find gold. As long as they don't make her some bs karate chopping reskin of a man then I'll be happy to have a prominent female in the game. I want to see her do things men can't do, maybe she's a master manipulator or has connections with all the brothels, i dunno. Either way I'm glad she seems realistic and not some big titted sex symbol with superhuman strength.

BretMaverick777

The pre-order collectibles features a set of playing cards, with the face cards based on characters from the game.  

Arthur Morgan is shown to be the King of Hearts.  

Sadie Adler is shown to be the Queen of Hearts. 

Yinz figure it out.  ♥️

Dick Justice

That isn't a heart - for starters because it's black - looks like Sadie is the Queen of Clubs. 

BretMaverick777
35 minutes ago, Dick Justice said:

That isn't a heart - for starters because it's black - looks like Sadie is the Queen of Clubs. 

Okay, partly right....looks like Queen of Spades on second glance.   But Morgan definitely matches suit, whether that's a sharp-top or a puppy-toe. 

Point being that Morgan and Sadie are the King and Queen of Spades/Clubs.   

Dutch is shown as the King of Diamonds.    His "Queen" will likely be Karen, or whatever the brothel madam character who hangs out in Dutch's tent is called.   Then Marston and Abigail will probably be King and Queen of either Hearts or Clubs.  

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)

I don't know why people  want Sadie to be romantically involved with Arthur or anyone, as though she can't stand on her own merits without some man putting his penis in her

Also looks to me like Sadie is queen of Clubs Arthur is King of Spades

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

BretMaverick777
54 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I don't know why people  want Sadie to be romantically involved with Arthur or anyone, as though she can't stand on her own merits without some man putting his penis in her

Also looks to me like Sadie is queen of Clubs Arthur is King of Spades

Nobody said she "can't stand on her own merits without some man putting his penis in her."   Least of all me.   That was you. 

Sadie's kickass, there's no question about that.   Doesn't mean she'll be any less kickass, with or without a hookup with Morgan.  

But whether it involves sex, love, friendship, business, family, or whatever else, the trailers and photos so far show Sadie has a definite connection to Morgan.   "You're the only one I trust."  

Cutter De Blanc

I still think she was saying that to John.

Odenied
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I still think she was saying that to John.

I kinda doubt it. I'm not going to say one way or the other of any sort of romantic relationship happening between Arthur and Sadie, but it is pretty obvious they are close to eachother. Seeing Arthur save Sadie in a burning building during trailer 3 I think would more or less confirm that the line she said about trust was towards Arthur.

With that said I am very excited to see her character and her character development in this game. I really feel like Rockstar have a chance to make a real standout female character in the game industry. I have a feeling she can be a real strong badass and hopefully Rockstar will deliver that for us. I do fear that they will have us grow attached to her (whether thats by means of her being a great character or being really close to our playable character in Arthur or a combo of both) only for her to die. Gonna suck if that happens lol.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

I'm loving what I'm seeing about her so far. I find it pretty hard to appreciate a female character in movies and games nowadays because they feel generic and forced. I hope she has a weakness. In many games and movies they create an OP female character like it's a robot or some sh*t. But Sadie seems like a loveable character beyond her strong front. 

Also I don't know why but her name just fits her so much. Like I wouldn't accept if it was any other name. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Dick Justice

Annie Stoakes, Bonnie MacFarlane and now Sadie Adler. One thing is clear, the Red Dead franchise likes its blondes like Star Wars likes brunettes. 

Mr. Morgan

tumblr_pa8cpyKPnn1rsntc8o1_1280.png

Sadie seems to be wearing an engagement ring in this shot? :inlove: That's very interesting.

Fluffy Sock

^Maybe her born name is in fact Sadie Hawkins, and the Adler name is her marriage name.

Mr. Morgan
9 minutes ago, Fluffy Sock said:

^Maybe her born name is in fact Sadie Hawkins, and the Adler name is her marriage name.

Oh, is that referring to how IGN at first stated her last name was Hawkins instead of Adler? I assumed that was just a mistake, they might have been thinking about the Sadie Hawkins dance/holiday/whatever when they wrote the article about the gang members.

I don't see why a woman who's involved in a gang like this would bother getting married to some fella, unless said fella is another member of the gang. Unless said fella is also the only one of those fools she trusts ;)

Rockstar Vienna

Young Abigail > Sadie

Bite me!

*Lola
On 6/10/2018 at 11:56 AM, TheSantader25 said:

I'm loving what I'm seeing about her so far. I find it pretty hard to appreciate a female character in movies and games nowadays because they feel generic and forced. I hope she has a weakness. In many games and movies they create an OP female character like it's a robot or some sh*t. But Sadie seems like a loveable character beyond her strong front. 

Also I don't know why but her name just fits her so much. Like I wouldn't accept if it was any other name. 

What about Becky Snodgrass? Is that acceptable? LOL

Journey_95

She looks badass and very interesting..finally a compelling female character in Rockstar games? Hope so

TheSantader25
4 hours ago, *Lola said:

What about Becky Snodgrass? Is that acceptable? LOL

Nope doesn't fit😀

Mr. Morgan
11 hours ago, Mr. Morgan said:

tumblr_pa8cpyKPnn1rsntc8o1_1280.png

Sadie seems to be wearing an engagement ring in this shot? :inlove: That's very interesting.

Went back to watch the trailer again to look for the ring in other shots. And guess what?

tumblr_pa8cpyKPnn1rsntc8o2_r1_1280.png

[thinking emoji + several hundred different heart emojis]

Odenied
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Mr. Morgan said:

Went back to watch the trailer again to look for the ring in other shots. And guess what?

tumblr_pa8cpyKPnn1rsntc8o2_r1_1280.png

[thinking emoji + several hundred different heart emojis]

It could be that whoever her fiance/husband was could be dead which is why she is in the gang now. Regardless whether her and Arthur are in a relationship or friends I'm sure based on the trailers they are going to be close and perhaps depend on eachother throughout the story when maybe they feel they can't depend on anyone else in the group.

Edited by Odenied

BretMaverick777
On 6/12/2018 at 6:27 PM, Mr. Morgan said:

Oh, is that referring to how IGN at first stated her last name was Hawkins instead of Adler? I assumed that was just a mistake, they might have been thinking about the Sadie Hawkins dance/holiday/whatever when they wrote the article about the gang members.

I don't see why a woman who's involved in a gang like this would bother getting married to some fella, unless said fella is another member of the gang. Unless said fella is also the only one of those fools she trusts ;)

John and Abigail Marston should already be married at the time of RDR2, and Jack should be a little kid.     I'm assuming Rockstar researched the genealogy.  

Doesn't seem unreasonable that Arthur and Sadie could tie the knot at some point.  Maybe literally.   Lariats are cool

Yelda
Posted (edited)

It would be interesting to see how that would behave if the two really had a romantic relationship and Arthur can act with prostitutes?! I mean, I've never considered that before, but it will be difficult to make more than a good friendship out of it.

Edited by Yelda

Mr. Morgan

I'm still under the impression that whichever media outlet (I think it was the Italian one) stated Arthur could "interact" with prostitutes was either A) incorrect or B) meaning that you can talk to the prostitutes the same way you talk with gang members.

Why did only one of the outlets report on this, if it is indeed a feature? And why on Earth would Rockstar have shown something like that in that 45-minute demo? Seems odd to me, hah.

Yelda

I've heard that so far only in a video on YT, no idea where they got that from. In all other reports about the previews that wasn´t discussed and that didn´t happen in the demo. For my part, I don´t need that anyway.
I´m curious, if Arthur and Sadie have more than just friendship ... but I´d be also cool, if they don´t be more. I also like the idea that she is widowed and joined the gang ... They just became closer friends and take care of each other. That's definitely too early to say all that ^^ but ... Maybe she's responsible for Arthur's change?

Dick Justice

What if, rather than Sadie joining the gang because she's a widow, her husband used to be a member of the gang alongside her but was killed in the failed robbery at the beginning of the game? This would give Sadie some pretty unique motivation to want out and for Arthur, who we know is also on the fence about leaving, to be "the only fool she trusts." 

BretMaverick777
15 hours ago, Mr. Morgan said:

I'm still under the impression that whichever media outlet (I think it was the Italian one) stated Arthur could "interact" with prostitutes was either A) incorrect or B) meaning that you can talk to the prostitutes the same way you talk with gang members.

Why did only one of the outlets report on this, if it is indeed a feature? And why on Earth would Rockstar have shown something like that in that 45-minute demo? Seems odd to me, hah.

I believe it was IGN that was reporting on the brief gameplay demo they saw after the second trailer released, who said that during a bank robbery mission, an unspecified female (could be Sadie, could be Abigail, could be Karen(?), or someone we haven't even met yet) offered to serve up a distraction to the bank president.  The player was given a choice between this female playing naive and innocent and coy, or trampy and seductive.  The Rockstar player chose the first option, and was successful in distracting attention away from Arthur long enough for him to get into the vault.  

So *maybe* that's the kind of interaction they're talking about.  Then again, GTA5 devoted a ton of work to detailing encounters with hookers and strippers, so it shouldn't be surprising if they go that route for RDR2.

Jabalous
Posted (edited)

For some reason, I don't like female protagonists and lead characters, even in movies, especially if they are forced into the script. However, I trust Dan Houser and co-writers to provide authentic writing and stay independent of the industry's trends. I don't hold anything against women, and after all they're our mothers and sisters, but it's my preference. 

Edited by Efreet

Odenied
1 hour ago, BretMaverick777 said:

I believe it was IGN that was reporting on the brief gameplay demo they saw after the second trailer released, who said that during a bank robbery mission, an unspecified female (could be Sadie, could be Abigail, could be Karen(?), or someone we haven't even met yet) offered to serve up a distraction to the bank president.  The player was given a choice between this female playing naive and innocent and coy, or trampy and seductive.  The Rockstar player chose the first option, and was successful in distracting attention away from Arthur long enough for him to get into the vault.  

So *maybe* that's the kind of interaction they're talking about.  Then again, GTA5 devoted a ton of work to detailing encounters with hookers and strippers, so it shouldn't be surprising if they go that route for RDR2.

I feel like I haven't seen that yet, not to say it isn't true by any means but if so thats awesome if you can approach things based on how you want your gang members to act in order to pull off something. But something tells me having Sadie or whoever go the seductive route, while interesting to watch maybe, probably wouldn't work as well on the bank president. I'm sure he'd be suspicious lol. The innocent/need help route seems like it would make more sense.

Dick Justice

The girl in that preview wasn't Sadie, it was Karen. 

Mr. Morgan

hey fellas it's me again lol

I went back to look at the screenshots to look for any rings I might've missed (because I have little else to do with my time, clearly). Sadie is wearing the ring in this screenshot below, but not in any of the others either on Rockstar's website or the media outlets:

caQulqr.png

It sure will be interesting to see if she wears the ring from the get go (meaning she's already married/widowed at that point), or if she gets it later during the game from a.. certain someone.