Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,810 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Red Dead Redemption 2 Bitch & Moan Thread

Horrid_Saiyam

oh baby i can not wait until rdr2 comes out and shuts all these haters for good

DexMacLeod

I don't get why Rockstar is "greedy" for what they've done. Sure, most of us think Sharkcards and the RDR2 inflated editions are overpriced but things are only worth as much or as little as people are willing to pay for them and the market has told Rockstar that their prices are just fine. Why on Earth would they change things?

thc_404
4 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

I've been wondering why are you even here? 

Do you enjoy gaming anymore at all? 

What has my enjoyment of gaming got to do with anything? Stop looking for a fight all the damn  time.

Am Shaegar
Posted (edited)

A nice commentary on the state of the game, covering the content accessible by paying extra

1K2GIFI.jpg

Edited by Am Shaegar
Added screenshot

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

I don't get why Rockstar is "greedy" for what they've done. Sure, most of us think Sharkcards and the RDR2 inflated editions are overpriced but things are only worth as much or as little as people are willing to pay for them and the market has told Rockstar that their prices are just fine. Why on Earth would they change things?

The fact is they haven't even done anything other companies don't do at all. Their single player doesn't have microtransactions. They are taking their time for their games just like naughty dog and cdpr. They are the only developer to care about both single player and multiplayer but yet they get sh*tted on while other devs slip away. I bet none of these whining would happen if GTA V wasn't breaking records everyday. Many ppl aren't just happy to see that game succeed and make R* some money. 

5 hours ago, thc_404 said:

What has my enjoyment of gaming got to do with anything? Stop looking for a fight all the damn  time.

So much negativity these days in the industry. Ppl whining all the time. OverExaggerating the bad things devs do and OverExaggerating the good things other devs do although it's not that good at all. Basically jumping on bandwagons. 

Edited by TheSantader25

dkunit
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

A nice commentary on the state of the game, covering the content accessible by paying extra

Ah yes, Mr. Worth A Buy.

Mr. "Doom 2016 is lackluster because it isn't like Doom 3."

Mr. "Monster Hunter World sucks because it reminds me of Evolve."

Mr. "I'm going to judge the quality of every FPS by comparing it to Half-Life 2, whether it's appropriate or not."

Mr. "What Rockstar is doing now is worse than what EA did with Battlefront 2, despite the fact that is provably untrue and needlessly hyperbolic."

Worth A Buy is a hack and always has been. I understand people have their concerns, but you can do a lot better than citing Mr. "If you like something I don't, you are a stupid person."

Edited by dkunit

Am Shaegar

You can't expect from any person to always have an opinion that will resonate with yours. On this issue, not only him but many youtubers gave expressed their shock as well. Its unusual for Rockstar to stoop to this level. They are following the trend that other popular publishers practice, not the type of Rockstar who used to be a trendsetter for others in the past.

dkunit
Posted (edited)

And I understand that. I've seen a lot of videos talking about it. I'm just saying you can do a lot better than this guy.

My hope is that Rockstar understands that they have upset a lot of people, and try to make up for it somehow.

Here's a link to more measured response to this whole situation:

Edited by dkunit

Xiled

When a bunch of people are not getting the collecters box because the game isn't with it, meanwhile the game came with the collecters edition of Duke Nukem Forever of all games. 

Gonna trust rockstar when this was there response to take2 shutting down openiv. 

“Take-Two’s actions were not specifically targeting single player mods,” reads the original Rockstar statement. “Unfortunately, OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody. We are working to figure out how we can continue to support the creative community without negatively impacting our players.”

Hmm apparently its whining after pc players devestated the gta v reviews on steam and open iv became allowed again

Apparently its whining that ea f*cked up in starwars battlefront 2017 and ended up removing the pay to win loot crates and got the most downvoted topic comment on reddit.

Apparently its whining that everyone hated youtube heroes and youtube ended up deleting the video and going back on that decision. People keep spamming that word while whining at people who care about companies ruining many game series to make a quick buck. 

Keep pretending that rockstar and take2 are your friends. Wait until there future games end up requiring you to pay a subscription fee to play online and you have to pay $ for every dlc and still have the microtransactions and is full of drm so if you disconnect for any reason you get booted from the game. Wait until the companies wanna make money from selling mods to people and free mods are no longer allowed. Keep defending the companies and it will happen. Or continue being a fanboy and be partially responsible for the shady bs that they keep getting away with in the industry. 

TheSantader25
1 hour ago, Xiled said:

When a bunch of people are not getting the collecters box because the game isn't with it, meanwhile the game came with the collecters edition of Duke Nukem Forever of all games. 

Gonna trust rockstar when this was there response to take2 shutting down openiv. 

“Take-Two’s actions were not specifically targeting single player mods,” reads the original Rockstar statement. “Unfortunately, OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody. We are working to figure out how we can continue to support the creative community without negatively impacting our players.”

Hmm apparently its whining after pc players devestated the gta v reviews on steam and open iv became allowed again

Apparently its whining that ea f*cked up in starwars battlefront 2017 and ended up removing the pay to win loot crates and got the most downvoted topic comment on reddit.

Apparently its whining that everyone hated youtube heroes and youtube ended up deleting the video and going back on that decision. People keep spamming that word while whining at people who care about companies ruining many game series to make a quick buck. 

Keep pretending that rockstar and take2 are your friends. Wait until there future games end up requiring you to pay a subscription fee to play online and you have to pay $ for every dlc and still have the microtransactions and is full of drm so if you disconnect for any reason you get booted from the game. Wait until the companies wanna make money from selling mods to people and free mods are no longer allowed. Keep defending the companies and it will happen. Or continue being a fanboy and be partially responsible for the shady bs that they keep getting away with in the industry. 

Slow down cowboy we haven't even seen lootboxes in a R* game yet you're predicting things even EA isn't dumb enough to pull. 

If any of those things happen I'll be the first to sh*t on them.

Take2 is the one responsible for all of this GTA ONLINE Bullsh*t. 

Ppl forget that R* is just a developer. They make games. Take2 takes the buck. Take2 is the boss when it comes to financial politics. 

Zello

GTA Online was The Benz idea though...

saintsrow
13 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

There's one thing I've learnt. People just don't like seeing someone make money. As soon as a company starts making cash they will get destroyed. 

I'm going to play the same broken record here, as I do in other threads.  For what I've spent, GTAV is totally worth it.  It's the culmination of almost everything I could imagine in the GTA series.  

However, Rockstar has made a sh*tload of money off of the GTA gamer community, and so they have a responsibility to the community, to give back a little.  It would take them almost no money to support a reasonable amount of interaction and engagement with their fans.  Rockstar marketing could have a little initiative, with a few part time people, to actually interact with the fans, answer some actual questions, host short interviews with some of the developers, give us some insight to the creative process. 

Instead, Rockstar marketing acts like a bunch of snobbish assholes, acting too good to deign to interact with their fans.  Admittedly, a look at the comments on Rockstar Newswire shows that the average GTA fan intelligence and maturity levels are pretty far down in the gutter, but there is still a good fraction of us who want to truly interact intelligently with our favorite game company.  I feel ignored, unloved by Rockstar.  For all their profits, they should do better.  

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, saintsrow said:

I'm going to play the same broken record here, as I do in other threads.  For what I've spent, GTAV is totally worth it.  It's the culmination of almost everything I could imagine in the GTA series.  

However, Rockstar has made a sh*tload of money off of the GTA gamer community, and so they have a responsibility to the community, to give back a little.  It would take them almost no money to support a reasonable amount of interaction and engagement with their fans.  Rockstar marketing could have a little initiative, with a few part time people, to actually interact with the fans, answer some actual questions, host short interviews with some of the developers, give us some insight to the creative process. 

Instead, Rockstar marketing acts like a bunch of snobbish assholes, acting too good to deign to interact with their fans.  Admittedly, a look at the comments on Rockstar Newswire shows that the average GTA fan intelligence and maturity levels are pretty far down in the gutter, but there is still a good fraction of us who want to truly interact intelligently with our favorite game company.  I feel ignored, unloved by Rockstar.  For all their profits, they should do better.  

You're right. I think they have a high opinion on themselves and they think they are the best in the world. 

On the other hand I hate the way devs like ubisoft show everything they have in their game before release. I like to be surprised by the game. One of the reasons I like R* is because they don't spoil much before the game. Like for GTA 5 we didn't even see the antagonists at all in any screenshot or trailer before release. 

Edited by TheSantader25

thc_404
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

The fact is they haven't even done anything other companies don't do at all. Their single player doesn't have microtransactions. They are taking their time for their games just like naughty dog and cdpr. They are the only developer to care about both single player and multiplayer but yet they get sh*tted on while other devs slip away. I bet none of these whining would happen if GTA V wasn't breaking records everyday. Many ppl aren't just happy to see that game succeed and make R* some money. 

So much negativity these days in the industry. Ppl whining all the time. OverExaggerating the bad things devs do and OverExaggerating the good things other devs do although it's not that good at all. Basically jumping on bandwagons. 

It's not whining when it's true. Maybe you should take less offence when people disagree with you, and just accept that people will have a different opinion, no matter what you think of a product. Your opinion on the matter just happens to be wrong.

Edited by thc_404

TheSantader25
8 minutes ago, thc_404 said:

It's not whining when it's true. Maybe you should take less offence when people disagree with you, and just accept that people will have a different opinion, no matter what you think of a product. Your opinion on the matter just happens to be wrong.

I should be more like you. 

GTA 5 was a step down in every aspect except graphics. 

thc_404
6 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

I should be more like you. 

GTA 5 was a step down in every aspect except graphics. 

At least now you're starting to get it. We'll wean you off of C*'ss dick in no time, boy.

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, thc_404 said:

At least now you're starting to get it. We'll wean you off of C*'ss dick in no time, boy.

Predictable answer my friend. Wasn't expecting anything else. 

thc_404
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Predictable answer my friend. Wasn't expecting anything else. 

Are you like one of those bullsh*t "mediums" you see on TV? Maybe predict me some lottery numbers, do something useful for a change.

TheSantader25
5 minutes ago, thc_404 said:

Are you like one of those bullsh*t "mediums" you see on TV? Maybe predict me some lottery numbers, do something useful for a change.

We can keep this pointless argument going all week but I won't back off. Especially not when I'm arguing with ppl like you. 

thc_404
1 minute ago, TheSantader25 said:

We can keep this pointless argument going all week but I won't back off. Especially not when I'm arguing with ppl like you. 

Will you at least stop whinging, then?

TheSantader25
22 minutes ago, thc_404 said:

Will you at least stop whinging, then?

Me? I'm not the one calling R* a C* and Overexaggerating every mistake they've made in the past couple if years. 

Also I'm not calling a 97 rated game a step down in every aspect except graphics. 

thc_404
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Me? I'm not the one calling R* a C* and Overexaggerating every mistake they've made in the past couple if years. 

Also I'm not calling a 97 rated game a step down in every aspect except graphics. 

Yes, because we all should just trust the ratings right? God, you're dumb.

TheSantader25
5 minutes ago, thc_404 said:

Yes, because we all should just trust the ratings right? God, you're dumb.

So we can agree on something for once. How did GTA 4 get a 98 rating?

thc_404
46 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

So we can agree on something for once. How did GTA 4 get a 98 rating?

That was way back, when ratings still meant anything. That time, has long since passed. What rock are you living under?

vKing
Posted (edited)

Well, f*ck Rockstar but tbh i ain't that mad actually because i'm excited for Tlous2, Ghost of Tsushima, Fallout 76 and Death stranding. So RDR2 can f*ck right off until they release a Gameplay trailer, which will probably be in late July or in August. 

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THIS IS A DISAPPOINTMENT! 

Edited by vKing

Cozzi
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, vKing said:

Well, f*ck Rockstar but tbh i ain't that mad actually because i'm excited for Tlous2, Ghost of Tsushima, Fallout 76 and Death stranding. So RDR2 can f*ck right off until they release a Gameplay trailer, which will probably be in late July or in August. 

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THIS IS A DISAPPOINTMENT! 

Ghost of Tsushima got me hype. Theres not enough samurai games. And Death Stranding is made by the genius mastermind of Kojima so I trust it.

But FO:76 confuses me. They said "You can play this game entirely as a single-player experience" and "There will be quests" but they also said something like "The only people in this world are the players"... 

Does that mean there's no NPC's? So who gives us quests? Are there actually genuine quests? Are they all on holotapes and notes? I think that genuine Bethesda style quests are hard to do without NPC's. Maybe robots for direction like ED-E in The Divide on Lonesome Road DLC for FO:NV? or just some stupid guide that says "After the fallout build shelter and find food" etc. That one sounds lame. So far it just looks like "you and friends kill irradiated monsters". which i don't like the idea of at all. Need more details.

Sorry I know this isnt the place for that but I had to get it off my chest. lol. back to red dead.

Edited by Cozzi

Jason
3 minutes ago, Cozzi said:

Does that mean there's no NPC's? So who gives us quests? Are there actually genuine quests? Are they all on holotapes and notes? I think that genuine Bethesda style quests are hard to do without NPC's. Maybe robots for direction like ED-E in The Divide on Lonesome Road DLC for FO:NV? or just some stupid guide that says "After the fallout build shelter and find food" etc. That one sounds lame. So far it just looks like "you and friends kill irradiated monsters". which i don't like the idea of at all. Need more details.

Todd talked about this a bit on YouTube, quests are gonna be like "Fallout 4's found quests" type, from robots, terminals, holotapes etc. I imagine that means you'll run across these quests while exploring or something?

VigMarston91

Not gonna be bitchy per se, but hope the Single Player does not have any microtransactions. I'm not a Multiplayer gamer so, I don't care what they do in that. I just want a pure SP experience with zero microtransaction. If its there, It pains me to even say this.. I'm gonna lose my trust in R*.

TheSantader25
32 minutes ago, VigMarston91 said:

Not gonna be bitchy per se, but hope the Single Player does not have any microtransactions. I'm not a Multiplayer gamer so, I don't care what they do in that. I just want a pure SP experience with zero microtransaction. If its there, It pains me to even say this.. I'm gonna lose my trust in R*.

I wouldn't believe it if they did that. 

I would probably quit gaming. That's how pissed i would be. 

R* is my last hope along with cyberpunk 2077 to save this sorry ass generation. 

thc_404
6 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

I wouldn't believe it if they did that. 

I would probably quit gaming. That's how pissed i would be. 

R* is my last hope along with cyberpunk 2077 to save this sorry ass generation. 

Cyberpunk's going to be a dud. Witcher 3 already was nothing special. Did you even watch their lame ass trailer?