3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Red Dead Redemption 2 Bitch & Moan Thread

TheSantader25
4 minutes ago, thc_404 said:

The story was sub-par compared to the previous iterations, for one. I still play GTA IV and EFLC. I already traded in my copy of GTA V. See where I am going with this?

Every GTA has its flaws. 

I played tbogt 10 times more than IV because of lack of things to do other than story. Money was useless in IV and customization and variety was absolute disaster but it doesn't make it bad game. Still a masterpiece. IV and V both have serious flaws.SA is the most flawless despite having minor flaws. 

luke73tnt

Why are we talking about GTA in a sub forum about RDR2

mombo2811
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Exactly. I don't care about minor content like SP DLC or microtransactions. I just wanna play a damn good game. The day R* fu*ks up is the day I have to kiss gaming goodbye because these days it's only them who can impress me. Other companies are just Copy/pasting eachother.

Well i dont know why you havent said goodbye already considering how many "missteps" they have made in the last couple of years. Your just a fanboy who cant see the truth you will defend Rockstar no matter what or how many mistake they will make. Rockstar could littarily add microtransactions in to SP and you would sit here trying to defend that sh*t saying its just to help "speed up" the game.

Here are a couple missteps have made since they GTA Online

5 years of no new game because online is making them so much money.

Trying to make mods illegal Making GTA Online even more P2W

Plans to only release games with 'recurrent consumer spending' hooks

I mean just cmonn they are not the same company they were 5 years ago! Its time for you to start opening your eyes

Edited by mombo2811

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, mombo2811 said:

Well i dont know why you havent said goodbye already considering how many "missteps" they have made in the last couple of years. Your just a fanboy who cant see the truth you will defend Rockstar no matter what or how many mistake they will make. Rockstar could littarily add microtransactions in to SP and you would sit here trying to defend that sh*t saying its just to help "speed up" the game.

I mean just cmonn they are not the same company they were 5 years ago! Its time for you to start opening your eyes

Yes I'm fanboy but I know their mistakes.

First of all nope i cannot take microtransactions in sp and nope i can't take lootboxes either.there are lines no dev can cross and that's one of em. 

But microtransactions in online? Nope. There is no multiplayer mode in anygame without microtransactions anymore. Even uncharted 4 had microtransactions. And that says a lot. 

Also all the mistakes you mentioned are just one. But a big one:FOCUSING TOO MUCH ON GTA ONLINE. that's the reason for all of them.

For me their biggest mistake is this:

With the money they have they can easily dump take2 and be their own boss but I don't know why they won't do it. 

Edited by TheSantader25

VigMarston91
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, greenrock said:

Did you guys actually read the previews

its an even more ambitious game than GTA V and it was all single player

this weird fear that Rockstar's single player quality is going down because of the behemoth success of GTA Online needs to stop

When Greenrock makes a sensible post:

lolof1.gif

Edit: On a much serious note, when discussion about RDR 2 stops, the slander of GTA V begins.. smh:bored:

Edited by VigMarston91

vKing
59 minutes ago, mombo2811 said:

Don't forget when a year ago Strauss Zelnick said that they are "undermonotezing their users" LOL

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170468-Take-Two-CEO-Company-is-Under-Monetizing-its-Users

Absolutely disgusting. 

mombo2811
Posted (edited)

Im worried about the previews its just constant praising the game. They never say anything negative or question anything about what they saw. Not sure how much I want to belive of it tbh..

Edited by mombo2811

Horrid_Saiyam
1 hour ago, mombo2811 said:

Why you gotta spread Bs here 

what about cd projekt red it’s been over 3+ years since they released a new game 

call them a money whore too

santa monica also took around 4-5 years in developing god of war 

call them money whores too

look you are just a fool who don’t have any idea 

greatness takes a time and that’s what r* is all about 

gta online just helped them so they can focus more on single player 

mombo2811
1 minute ago, Horrid_Saiyam said:

Why you gotta spread Bs here 

what about cd projekt red it’s been over 3+ years since they released a new game 

call them a money whore too

santa monica also took around 4-5 years in developing god of war 

call them money whores too

look you are just a fool who don’t have any idea 

greatness takes a time and that’s what r* is all about 

Its not bs im just telling you fanboys what you dont want to hear. How can you compare one of the most consumer friendly companies (so far) to one of the most greedy? CD project red and Sony doesnt actually milk their consumers, huh crazy i know!!?? They give fans what they promise, like SP DLC free updates etc.

Yes games takes time but there are other ways to earn money, than just milking your consumers to death with microtransactions, it may make them a lot of money really fast in a short period of time but Rockstar are ruining their own reputation with these anti consumer practices. Look at how worried everyone is about RDR2 now. Everyone is questioning every decision they make. "Will there be DLC? Will there be focus on SP??" Rockstar used to be one of the heroes of gaming but not anymore. They found an easy way to get money from their players and never looked back. But its just going to hurt sales for their future games.

If that was really the truth... Then why havent we seen any SP DLC??

Zello
Posted (edited)

Since when does having a SP DLC mean they care about singleplayer? It doesn't.

Most devs cut things out from the base game to later sell as DLC. You seem to keep on supporting this practice.

I'd rather have a complete SP experience from the start and not worry about DLC. 

Edited by Zello

Jason

In all seriousness, I know GTA V and GTA:O is a pretty big example as far as examples go... but it is just one example. I've said in the past, RDR2 will be the game that reveals where Rockstar are going regarding things like single player DLC, monetisation and the like. They've officially said that SP DLC is not off the table at all in a recent interview so we can hold them to that.

But I just think judging them and their next unreleased game on what they did with the last game is a bit premature (I know they've milked that game for 5 years but ya'know). RDR2 will tell us what the future of Rockstar is, writing them off completely right now just comes across as doomsaying to be bitter/edgy, to be frank. Simply put, you can't judge how a developer has changed just from the one game, changes in direction (single player to online) and monetisation methods/ethics happen over multiple games.

YouAreWrong
1 minute ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness, I know GTA V and GTA:O is a pretty big example as far as examples go... but it is just one example. I've said in the past, RDR2 will be the game that reveals where Rockstar are going regarding things like single player DLC, monetisation and the like. They've officially said that SP DLC is not off the table at all in a recent interview so we can hold them to that.

But I just think judging them and their next unreleased game on what they did with the last game is a bit premature (I know they've milked that game for 5 years but ya'know). RDR2 will tell us what the future of Rockstar is, writing them off completely right now just comes across as doomsaying to be bitter/edgy, to be frank. Simply put, you can't judge how a developer has changed just from the one game, changes in direction (single player to online) and monetisation methods/ethics happen over multiple games.

Agree.

But denying how big of a ''STOP'' sign all the BS they pulled with V,is just downright stupid.

Horrid_Saiyam

On 6/6/2018 at 1:26 PM, saintsrow said:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Well said man 

you are absolutely right 

but haters like mombo don’t give a f*ck what you and me thinks so just ignore them 

mombo2811
Just now, Jason said:

Yes not wrong but I think it is pretty obvious were their efforts are. Locking missions behind more expensive versions of the game and making it easier to level up in online should tell you were their priorities are.

Borgeitor
1 minute ago, Horrid_Saiyam said:

Well said man 

you are absolutely right 

but haters like mombo don’t give a f*ck what you and me thinks so just ignore them 

It's no use arguing w/ him, he's just the same over on r/reddeadredemption, if not worse.

TheSantader25

There's one thing I've learnt. People just don't like seeing someone make money. As soon as a company starts making cash they will get destroyed. 

Horrid_Saiyam
2 minutes ago, mombo2811 said:

Yes not wrong but I think it is pretty obvious were their efforts are. Locking missions behind more expensive versions of the game and making it easier to level up in online should tell you were their priorities are.

Stop it stop it now

those missions are side quests and specially designed for special edition for the game... it’s not like they are cutting anything from the main game 

and that level up thing does not affect gameplay 

Borgeitor
Just now, Horrid_Saiyam said:

Stop it stop it now

those missions are side quests and specially designed for special edition for the game... it’s not like they are cutting anything from the main game 

You can tell that to him any number of times you want, he just doesn't listen. He's been told that multiple times on here and on reddit.

TheSantader25

Naughty dog as one of the most praised companies of all time put lootboxes and microtransactions in their uncharted 4 multiplayer mode and no one calls it out. Why? Because they don't make as much money as R* does. 

Horrid_Saiyam
1 minute ago, Borgeitor said:

You can tell that to him any number of times you want, he just doesn't listen. He's been told that multiple times on here and on reddit.

Seriously man 

is this so hard to understand that 1 side quest and 1 gang attack are specially made for special versions of the game -_-

YouAreWrong
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Naughty dog as one of the most praised companies of all time put lootboxes and microtransactions in their uncharted 4 multiplayer mode and no one calls it out. Why? Because they don't make as much money as R* does. 

LOL.

Naughty Dog focused more on Single Player,everyone buys a Naughty Dog game for single player.

They introduced multiplayer,but never made it the main focus, ust to get more money,like R* did.They also released a SP dlc,which was promised,and delieverd.

TheSantader25

And how many times i have to say you have yet to see a multiplayer mode in a cdpr game. It would be interesting to see how a 'consumer friendly' company would handle multiplayer. But nope they seem to be pretty smart. They still don't do multiplayer. 

R* doesn't have microtransactions in their SP. 

And also we are all gonna ignore the fact  greedy R* completely reworked heists just because they felt they weren't good enough. They could just think about their milking and released the half assed heists so they wouldn't waste development budget but no. Greedy R* remade heists from the ground up just because they care. 

3 minutes ago, YouAreWrong said:

LOL.

Naughty Dog focused more on Single Player,everyone buys a Naughty Dog game for single player.

They introduced multiplayer,but never made it the main focus, ust to get more money,like R* did.They also released a SP dlc,which was promised,and delieverd.

It appears that you are happy to pay 40$ for a 7 hour dlc. 

dkunit
2 minutes ago, YouAreWrong said:

LOL.

What purpose do lootboxes and micro-transactions have in games other than to just make money exactly? Good to know that your outrage is selective.

happygrowls

Naughty Dog games are quite generic to me, same kinda graphical detail, same kinda cover shooter gameplay/puzzle solver.

Also they like to jerk themselves off about their franchises given they reference them every chance they get.

thc_404
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

There's one thing I've learnt. People just don't like seeing someone make money. As soon as a company starts making cash they will get destroyed. 

Yes... it's all because we resent C* making money. That's why we're sh*tting on them. GTA V being a lacklustre game has nothing to do with it At all.

Edited by thc_404

saintsrow
2 hours ago, Horrid_Saiyam said:

Stop it stop it now

They did this with La Noire (a new mission a new suit as paid DLC,IIRC) and it seemed OK there - I don't recall a big fuss about it, but I wasn't tracking LA Noire Forums then.  

dkunit
14 minutes ago, saintsrow said:

They did this with La Noire (a new mission a new suit as paid DLC,IIRC) and it seemed OK there - I don't recall a big fuss about it, but I wasn't tracking LA Noire Forums then.  

Assain's Creed Origins did the same thing and WORSE, but I don't remember nearly as much outrage about it.

TheSantader25
1 hour ago, thc_404 said:

Yes... it's all because we resent C* making money. That's why we're sh*tting on them. GTA V being a lacklustre game has nothing to do with it At all.

I've been wondering why are you even here? 

Do you enjoy gaming anymore at all? 

PapasHota

R* has fallen in the depth of sh*ttinnes with their anti-consumer bs together with ea, wb, ubisoft and activision

mombo2811
30 minutes ago, PapasHota said:

R* has fallen in the depth of sh*ttinnes with their anti-consumer bs together with ea, wb, ubisoft and activision

They had a good run at least.

GTA V may have been the last good game from the game we have gotten from them. It was a complete game.