2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Red Dead Redemption 2 Bitch & Moan Thread

Mas u Sees

f*ck Take Two for not announcing a PC version because they want to sell their game twice, like GTA V.

Yes i know that it work for them, but is still a greedy and f*ck up tactic.

Not entirely sure they have a choice, the bigger the company, the less you can afford to not squeeze every last dime of profit you can.

But they definitely are the only company that does that. even EA announce and release for PC, and at the same time too.

GTA Vs PC Version turned out a lot better than the PS4 and XBOX One Versions, plus it features the R* Editor.

I believe the extra time goes into getting the fullest out of the machine they have.

They don't want the PC Version to look too similar to the console versions, do they?

VolumeRX

f*ck Take Two for not announcing a PC version because they want to sell their game twice, like GTA V.

Not entirely sure they have a choice, the bigger the company, the less you can afford to not squeeze every last dime of profit you can.

But they definitely are the only company that does that. even EA announce and release for PC, and at the same time too.

With which game can EA pull the numbers Rockstar games do? None.

And most of their games are like, yearly franchises. How would they expect BF3 to sell well on PC if they only release it by the time BF4 comes out on consoles.

Compare COD then, Acti pull insane numbers with cod despite it being a recycle piece of trash released yearly. and that wasn't the point in the first place. numbers aren't everything too.

Mach1bud

GTA Vs PC Version turned out a lot better than the PS4 and XBOX One Versions, plus it features the R* Editor.

I believe the extra time goes into getting the fullest out of the machine they have.

They don't want the PC Version to look too similar to the console versions, do they?

PS4 and XB1 also have the Rockstar Editor.

oCrapaCreeper
Posted (edited)

They didn't at launch though, only PC. People begged for it on consoles and they eventually caved in and updated it.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

The Algerian

With which game can EA pull the numbers Rockstar games do? None.

And most of their games are like, yearly franchises. How would they expect BF3 to sell well on PC if they only release it by the time BF4 comes out on consoles.

Compare COD then, Acti pull insane numbers with cod despite it being a recycle piece of trash released yearly. and that wasn't the point in the first place. numbers aren't everything too.

COD's even worse, and is even more of a yearly release than BF.

Could Activision seriously expect fans of its game to buy the game twice? Once on consoles and then on PC?

Nobody would even buy it once on PC if the game came out when the next game is released on consoles. Their games might pull big numbers, but they're also the kind of game very few regulars would have a problem skipping.

Mas u Sees

I know, but that was added later on in an Update(I believe it was in September 2015.).

Originally the R* Editor was developed as a PC Exclusive feature.

Also my other points about PC offering additional optimization, better graphics and more options, still stands.

Algonquin Assassin

The game looks great, but I'm not a fan of it being a direct prequel. I wish it was a completely different lineage because it just feels like it's going to be a Dutch's gang history lesson.

IMO they missed an opportunity to do something different like showing the West in its infancy since RDR showed it in it dying stages or take some cues from Django Unchained and have an African-American protagonist. I also fear they might try to shoehorn in GTA V's switching mechanic which would be disappointing as I would prefer a singular protagonist game.

To be honest I haven't been following too closely which is a bit odd since I'm normally glued to my PC screen waiting for news 6 months out of a release window, but this time.....meh. Hopefully my fears are exercised and R* are on point.

ARTHUR.

My only complaint so far is the pockmarked old money, noble born-cum-pantomime accent who appears to be a significant antagonist. I understand Rockstar don't stray away from stereotypes which helps enhance the humour; but, at first glances he's a bit too derivative British villain for me.

Mas u Sees

IMO they missed an opportunity to do something different like showing the West in its infancy since RDR showed it in it dying stages or take some cues from Django Unchained and have an African-American protagonist. I also fear they might try to shoehorn in GTA V's switching mechanic which would be disappointing as I would prefer a singular protagonist game.

Rockstar Games has confirmed, that Red Dead Redemption II will not include any character switches.

The Algerian
Posted (edited)

The game looks great, but I'm not a fan of it being a direct prequel. I wish it was a completely different lineage because it just feels like it's going to be a Dutch's gang history lesson.

To be honest I haven't been following too closely which is a bit odd since I'm normally glued to my PC screen waiting for news 6 months out of a release window, but this time.....meh. Hopefully my fears are exercised and R* are on point.

I'm not too happy about it being a prequel either, but I would definetly have liked to have at least two playable characters.

One bandit (Morgan) and one bounty hunter/lawman.

Not holding my breath, but still hoping it happens.

EDIT: Confirmed not happening.

Edited by The Algerian

Jon Jon

This game is trash! f*ck this game! Table Tennis was a better game than this hot garbage! f*ck you R* and f*ck you Take Two! I'm returning this piece of sh*t game and YOU WILL GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!! Game of The Year MY f*ckING ASS!!! This game gets a 0/10 from me!!!

I jest, obviously.

SherifWayne

why does that guy in trailer 3 slide when he is pulled off the carriage? My only worry for the game is it having GTAV euphoria instead of RDR euphoria.

UnknownDivision

RED DEAD ONLINE IS GONNA f*ckING BLOW ASS AND ALL THE NORMIE FAGS ARE GONNA PLAY IT AND THERE WILL PROBABLY BE NO STORY DLC BECAUSE OF IT SO f*ck ROCKSTAR

Those leaked icons already pissed me off. f*ck your shiny gold, R*. f*ck transfering money to ingame currency.

Make a small DLC, where you pay up front and earn your stuff by doing a new mission or two. Not by magically buying money.

Jon Jon

These horse testicles aren't realistic enough!!!

mombo2811
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, geordr said:

R* has all the resources, all the talent and all the time in the world to produce an amazing, long lasting single player experience for RDR2.

Failing to do so it's gonna really hurt their reputation because despite the enormous commercial success of GTAO the majority of the gaming community are expecting that amazing SP experience from them.

So, I don't think they're gonna risk their reputation by intentionally underperforming in the story mode, an area in which they can dominate like very few game companies can.

They have already ruined their reputation with cancelled SP DLC and GTA Online. 

They need to get their reputation that they had before GTA Online back by showing us that they are still able to make amazing SP stories and support both modes, not completely abandoned half your playerabse because online is making them more money. They have to show us that they arent just an EA, have it only be multiplayer focus

If they do that maybe I can start trusting Rockstar again

Edited by mombo2811

thc_404
7 hours ago, geordr said:

R* has all the resources, all the talent and all the time in the world to produce an amazing, long lasting single player experience for RDR2.

Failing to do so it's gonna really hurt their reputation because despite the enormous commercial success of GTAO the majority of the gaming community are expecting that amazing SP experience from them.

So, I don't think they're gonna risk their reputation by intentionally underperforming in the story mode, an area in which they can dominate like very few game companies can.

They had the same with GTA V, and still managed to sh*t the bed. Your point being?

geordr
16 minutes ago, mombo2811 said:

They have already ruined their reputation with cancelled SP DLC and GTA Online 

They have to show us that they are still able to make amazing SP stories and support both modes, not completely abandoned half your playerabse because online is making them more money. They have to show us that they arent just an EA, have it only be multiplayer focus

That's not enough to ruin their reputation...

The story in GTA V is there, anyone who hasn't played it can buy the game and play that story, it's not that they didn't bother to make one.

We paid for a full single player experience and this is what we got, you cannot beat the main missions in less than 30 hours.

So, let's assume that GTA V had only the single player, like GTA IV did...would you described it as a bad game or a failure?

mombo2811
3 minutes ago, geordr said:

That's not enough to ruin their reputation...

The story in GTA V is there, anyone who hasn't played it can buy the game and play that story, it's not that they didn't bother to make one.

We paid for a full single player experience and this is what we got, you cannot beat the main missions in less than 30 hours.

So, let's assume that GTA V had only the single player, like GTA IV did...would you described it as a bad game or a failure?

Yes GTA V had a great campaign and all but its what they did after. Online came out, they lied to fans about SP DLC for years and kept promising us that it was coming but ofc it never did because online is making them so much money. 

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, thc_404 said:

They had the same with GTA V, and still managed to sh*t the bed. Your point being?

No they didn't. GTA V story mode had 100 hours of gameplay. Was the first to change the boring A to B mission system with multiple characters although it hurted it's narrative but it was like any other GTA. amazing but flawed.

2 minutes ago, mombo2811 said:

Yes GTA V had a great campaign and all but its what they did after. Online came out, they lied to fans about SP DLC for years and kept promising us that it was coming but ofc it never did because online is making them so much money. 

Did they ever keep promising? 

As far as I remember there was only once they said it was coming. 

Edited by TheSantader25

thc_404
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

No they didn't. GTA V story mode had 100 hours of gameplay. Was the first to change the boring A to B mission system with multiple characters although it hurted it's narrative but it was like any other GTA. amazing but flawed.

Did ever keep promising? 

Quantity =/= Quality.

TheSantader25
Just now, thc_404 said:

Quantity =/= Quality.

What's wrong with GTA V's quality?

It had lack of interiors and an unsatisfying finale and dumbed down euphoria physics but other than that it was great. 

mombo2811
10 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Did they ever keep promising? 

December 9 2013  April 2 2014 and a couple of more times but those are the I remember seeing on their newswire 

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, mombo2811 said:

December 9 2013  April 2 2014 and a couple of more times but those are the I remember seeing on their newswire 

Alright. 

But still one misstep can't destroy the reputation of a developer considering how many good games they've done in the past.

geordr
4 minutes ago, mombo2811 said:

Yes, a DLC would've been nice, no arguing.

But GTAV will not go down in history as... "the game that didn't produce a DLC".

It will be remembered for it's characters and it's missions.

I don't think it's fair to compare a game like GTAV with the likes of SW Battlefront or Destiny, these are games that cannot stand on their own without the multiplayer element.

Now, if the RDR2 single player experience turns out to be a fiasco I will be the first one to call them out!

J.Dillinger Blackheart
7 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Alright. 

But still one misstep can't destroy the reputation of a developer considering how many good games they've done in the past.

When Rockstargames delivers a sh*t game, that will ruin their reputation. Not a under promised SP DLC or how a few feel about online getting supported, nor content of special editions. 

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

When Rockstargames delivers a sh*t game, that will ruin their reputation. Not a under promised SP DLC or how a few feel about online getting supported, nor content of special editions. 

Exactly. I don't care about minor content like SP DLC or microtransactions. I just wanna play a damn good game. The day R* fu*ks up is the day I have to kiss gaming goodbye because these days it's only them who can impress me. Other companies are just Copy/pasting eachother.

J.Dillinger Blackheart
6 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Exactly. I don't care about minor content like SP DLC or microtransactions. I just wanna play a damn good game. The day R* fu*ks up is the day I have to kiss gaming goodbye because these days it's only them who can impress me. Other companies are just Copy/pasting eachother.

Straight up! I'm way too critical about what I play. Rockstargames have set the bar entirely too high for me to play these subpar bullsh*t ass games.  No dev is perfect, but when the pros outweigh the cons by miles I'm impressed. I just enjoy great games, all the politics and bullsh*t means sh*t to me. 

thc_404
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

What's wrong with GTA V's quality?

It had lack of interiors and an unsatisfying finale and dumbed down euphoria physics but other than that it was great. 

The story was sub-par compared to the previous iterations, for one. I still play GTA IV and EFLC. I already traded in my copy of GTA V. See where I am going with this?

Edited by thc_404

greenrock

Did you guys actually read the previews

its an even more ambitious game than GTA V and it was all single player

this weird fear that Rockstar's single player quality is going down because of the behemoth success of GTA Online needs to stop