2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

just do it bob1

GTA:O Drip feeding Has Officially Reached A New Low...

So, About Dripfeeding (At this point in time)  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Personal Opinions On Dripfeeding?

• I don't mind. This allows me to save up for content and have a longer span of time to prepare for it
    • I want it to go back to one vehicle every week
    • I Hate Drip feeding All Together (Drip Drip Drip)
    • Unsure.

just do it bob1
Posted (edited)

Drip Feeding Has Reached A New Low

As many of you know, Dripfeeding has now passed the 2 Week mark in GTAO as we have had no new cars, or weapons, or anything. You could argue about how they added new stunt races, but that is just recycled content. Nothing has changed, it is just a map with a lot of water or pavement with you driving a Deluxo, Stromberg, and Thruster.

You could also argue that this gives players the time to make money to buy all these vehicles.

However, regardless this is getting a bit ridiculous.

We should have all the content on day one. However, I liked it a little better when we were promised a new vehicle every week.

This is honestly so sad. R* Has taken the drip-feeding way too far. They spend all this time, and cant produce good enough content anyways. They add these good vehicles, but they have so much missed potential. The Sea Sparrow had the potential to be a good and lethal helicopter if it had the OP machine gun from GTA SA, but no. So if R* isn't going to produce good enough cars after such a long time, wtf are they doing?

The Jester Classic is another excellent example of this, highly requested, but r* ruined it as it was poorly executed. I can't believe how we have gone two full weeks without content. The SSA Update should have been short and simple. Everyone was saying this is a filler update... Is it still a filler update? When they are holding back cars for this long, adding six new supercars and "5 different races" (I use the term different very lightly.) That just doesn't make sense... How is this still a filler update? Are you suggesting that this is the same filler update as the Drop Zone and Lowrider CC update? If you were one of those people and still stand by your decision and statement, then you need to wake up. Seriously.

What are your thoughts on this 2-week drip-feed that is taking place? Honestly, drip feeding has become too much at this point. I was okay with it at first, but now that we are skipping weeks and up to two of them, I'm just getting distraught. I really hope that the next update is worth the wait.

I get that we also got three cars at once, but this is not the way I want to see things executed. I would prefer to have the drip-feed done the way it was in updates like Bikers, one car per week.

I cant be the only one who is upset by this.

Edit: Oh did I forget to mention that 4 YEARS OF UPDATES LATER, Rockstar haven't fixed some major bugs in the game and haven't fixed the loading times in online?

Edited by just do it bob1

Shadowfennekin

I HATE dripfeeding, and I don't get the people who defend it at all.

Say we get an update like this one, that adds nothing special and the vehicles that you DO want are being held off. Are you going to come back before they release? Hell no! I'd come back after I get my damn Dominator!

And dripfeeding planes was just boring, you can tell the planes weren't a good money maker for them. People got bored, hell I even saw Youtubers skipping out on planes until the Hunter as those videos weren't getting much views.

Content reserved for Halloween/Valentines/4th is all fine....

elfoam

Drip feed is great, I don't buy anything, don't even play. Then in a couple updates time I'll get the one good car on sale. :)

Kushology

I hate drip feeding.. People think they do it to keep people interested..but do they really? elfoam set a good example as to how they don't... lol

I get bored pretty quick with updates.. "let's release a few cars and dripfeed 3x the amount", derp.

CarimboHanky

...However, regardless this is getting a bit ridiculous.

We should have all the content on day one.

i find it funny that people like you bitch and moan about the so called "dripfeed" yet, wants everything released on day 1, which would result in 3-4months of nothing new! which would cause you to bitch and moan some more 🤣

only people that know about the locked vehicles tend to have an issue with the system used by R*, i know quite few players that are not aware of this locked vehicles and they are just happy when R* surprise them by adding some new cars, im sure this is how it goes for the vast majority of the player base.

with that said, i personally have no issue with the dripfeed system, is not pretty but its effective!

Kushology

i find it funny that people like you bitch and moan about the so called "dripfeed" yet, wants everything released on day 1, which would result in 3-4months of nothing new!

Just wanna add from my POV. I hate the drip feeding cause it's usually sh*t I want in the last week or so of the drip. Gets pretty boring. Lol.

Plus, I won't play for very long until the said item is out. I hear you though, it's a mixed bag.. lol

just do it bob1
Posted (edited)

...However, regardless this is getting a bit ridiculous.

We should have all the content on day one.

i find it funny that people like you bitch and moan about the so called "dripfeed" yet, wants everything released on day 1, which would result in 3-4months of nothing new! which would cause you to bitch and moan some more

I wouldn't. We get these things called event weeks. They put things on sale and make businesses double GTA$ and add new modes (That are okay around 60% of the time ) I would not get bored. Unless you are a modder. For the record, I already own pretty much all the vehicles from this update, with 30 mil to spare. Yes, that is legitimate. I would just rather have them all released at once.

For ex. I would really like my Dominator right about now.

Edited by just do it bob1

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

I do hate it and think its stupid yes but since there is usually only one maybe two vehicles that Im interested in anyway it really doesnt bother me as much.

Unless we have another Hunter situation where the only vehicle Im interested in gets released last grrrr

Edited by Is this The Guy?

Voodoo-Hendrix

I do hate it and think its stupid yes but since there is usually only one maybe two vehicles that Im interested in anyway it really doesnt bother me as much.

Unless we have another Hunter situation where the only vehicle Im interested in gets released last grrrr

Yep, locking the Hunter, one of the most requested vehicles ever, behind the dripfeed was a mayor dick move, even more when it was featured in both the trailer for Runners Smug and some Hangar missions.

Like who they think they're fooling? Even casual players know about the dripfeed locked vehicles thanks to clickbait YouTubers, it's just another ploy to artificially extend an update and promote Shart Crap sales as always.

Same thing as the Lazer but that was another whole can of worms.

EkaSwede
Posted (edited)

I HATE dripfeeding, and I don't get the people who defend it at all.

Say we get an update like this one, that adds nothing special and the vehicles that you DO want are being held off. Are you going to come back before they release? Hell no! I'd come back after I get my damn Dominator!

And dripfeeding planes was just boring, you can tell the planes weren't a good money maker for them. People got bored, hell I even saw Youtubers skipping out on planes until the Hunter as those videos weren't getting much views.

Content reserved for Halloween/Valentines/4th is all fine....

To be fair one kind of dripfeeding I would defend was if we had 15 dripfed cars and we'd get 3 cars every week for five weeks (or 5 cars per week for three weeks). One car perweek is just really dragging it out, though.

Edited by EkaSwede

Willy A. Jeep

I'll take a page out of Kung Pow: Enter The Fist and describe dripfeeding thusly:

"Rockstar has gone too far. Dripfeeding is wrong. And bad. There should be a new, stronger word for dripfeeding. Like, bad-wrong, or badong! Yes! Dripfeeding is badong! From this moment, I will stand for the opposite of dripfeeding, gnodab."

It is annoying as a player, of course, to wait and wait and wait for content. Even when it's just a car, it draws in players and makes the game more lively. But I'll always disagree with the argument that races aren't good dripfeed content - they're something to do, moreso than a car provides. It's silly to say that races aren't worth dripfeeding - that they're recycled content - because that's all cars are. More cars with different appearances and handling profiles, but still just cars. All this game contains is navigating land, sea, and air, with PvP and PvE shooter elements. Races are that. So, if that's tired, it's silly to say the entire game isn't tired, and to single out races as a target.

When it comes to the problems of vehicles being added that are not up to par, whatever that might mean, that taps into a whole different problem. Rockstar gets mixed messages from the community, the art team is made up of different people, and there's some kind of lack of quality control. The Sea Sparrow's changes - the fact the gun doesn't auto-target like it used to - is probably the result of good balancing ideas. If it could lock onto an enemy like it used to, with the power it has, it would be ridiculously imbalanced for players on foot, and I think this is good balancing. The case of the Jester Classic is likely from problems within Rockstar - lack of quality control in the art team - and players sending requests for the "San Andreas Jester", and this does deserve criticism. Too, the addition of new handling flags has greatly affected the balance of racing, and has been handled poorly overall. This is also a point to criticize, though I think it's a sign that Rockstar wants vehicles to have more unique profiles.

Rockstar wants to appease the community - their players are the source of their revenue - but the community is wide and varied enough that not everybody is going to be pleased with what they do. This new dripfeeding schedule is an example of that - testing the waters. The Smuggler's Run aircraft-heavy content drop wasn't received well by the car-centric majority, but it was tailored for the folks who had begged for more aircraft. Bikers was for those who wanted motorcycles, and catered to all sorts of niches in that. Cars appear in almost every update, and they're a big part of GTA's image. We've got over 500 different vehicles in this game, of which about seventy are not land-based cars. It's silly to me that people could realistically complain that a focus on other vehicles for a relatively short time, or a lack of them in favor of things to do, when this is the state of things. Too, people constantly request more garage space!

The dripfeed itself is another example of how Rockstar spreads the content out for different kinds of players, people who want different things. They know what is going to be big-ticket, and know that by holding some of it for the end, they can drum up hype. Local groupthink and cult mindsets aside, the larger GTA community is quite a lot more flexible and patient - plenty don't even know that there's specific content coming, only what Rockstar showcases. Vehicles in the middle of the dripfeed might not cater to wishes of folks on these forums, or only a few, but will see popularity and appreciation in other circles. Imagine it like going to a foreign country - you might be surprised at the difference in culture from your own experiences! The Cheburek may seem like a cow patty to some Americans, but some Russians might think it's like being served the best bowl of borscht in their lives!

Of course people will consider SSASSS as a filler update, because it's not a major update. It has no new businesses, no new special gimmicks, no fresh ideas. More official races, sixteen new vehicles, a few unlocks. Even if the installments of ownable content are further apart, the fact it's a "filler" doesn't change. Still filling the void between major updates. Rockstar, despite all their money and following, is still made up of people who need time, and they have a working method unknown to me when it comes to game design. I doubt it's like Valve's "we make a game, then play the game, then make another game, and play that game, then decide which game we want to sell" method, which takes years, but it's clearly a lot more involved than making a texture pack for Minecraft or creating a custom map for Halo: Reach, both of which can still take weeks. A bit of filler in-between, still with a decent injection of automobiles, isn't absurd.

On the whole, I'll go ahead and say that if you're tired of the game, you shouldn't keep playing. If you are unwilling to put up with way things are being handled, then there's no reason to put yourself through the stress. It's a video game! You should enjoy it, not feel obligated to keep coming back just because there's new content. I play because I think it's fun, not because I might have fun. Go play a different game! Go read a book or catch up on some television! Come back later if you find yourself interested.

And, just as a general tip for this kind of thing - don't go into an argument already dismissing other peoples' perspectives. That's unhealthy and is only going to attract ire and create strife. Be open and ask for opinions without imposing your own bias, and never feel like your beliefs are perfect. Accept you might be wrong, and there might be other answers, even ones that might not seem to connect directly to what the topic is. It's a complicated world!

alkaline_
Posted (edited)

honestly, i don't mind (anymore). maybe my onion opinion is a very selfish one (ui ui ui i like selfish... i eat and i sell fish hihihi), butt:

my situation is this:

first, i love this flippy game. it's the only game i play. i would love it more, if it went another direction (read: [post=http://gtaforums.com/topic/909044-a-long-take-on-immersion-in-gta-online-and-what-the-original-intention-was-on-how-to-play/]sparklytopic by Neonlila[/post]) and if they added more stuff to make the map more lively. stinky fishing (of course hihihi), open burger shots, other interiours, more pve content, more misions etc.. but they didn't.

i'm still having fun with the game, especially now where my crew grew from about 10 to about 130 fluffy members. i can hop on, play missions, freeroam or anything else, there are always some fluffy penguins available. and that finally brings me to the point hihihi: i don't have hopes for the game to change a lot now and i don't have hopes for the content i wish for to drop on our heads. so i'm not focused on content that much anymore, it's more the fun i have with my crew. i still have a lot of money from my very grinding days and i don't need to have everything at day 1. i even await for sale prices and i'm in no hurry, because in my book new toys don't add new gameplay anyway, so i have fun with what's there. if they release new cars each, every two or three weeks is fine by me because i'm having the same fun with my huddle with or without that new toy oi oi hihihi...

as i said, it's a selstinkyfish opinion and i of course don't want to defend the stinky dipsh*t dripfeed! i'd like to drive my crunchy michelli gt by now and i will, but i'm still going to play in the evenings with or without it.

yeah fluffy penguin, you made your point about three times in your post already hihihi

Edited by alkaline_

flexcreator

It's an effective strategy. I'm using it myself with my youtube channel when there is an excess content.

So, I would be a hypocrite, if I told you that dreepfeeding is wrong.

It seems that that GTA dripfeed is mostly caused by the R* shift towards RDR2. It serves exactly as the filler between the major updates, because when the Doomsday DLC was released - all the weaponized vehicles were available from the day one.

Why do people care so much about the unreleased vehicles? Are you bored with the existing content? If so, people have too much spare time on their hands.

Sanches

I don't really mind drip feed. Because there's no content im hyped for.
However, drip feed makes an illusion of game's getting weekly updates (with glitched cars).

Cackling Jack

Never liked the drip feeding and never will. I dont know why ppl defend it but hey thats their beef.

Black-Dragon96

i find it funny that people like you bitch and moan about the so called "dripfeed" yet, wants everything released on day 1, which would result in 3-4months of nothing new!

The thing is, if we would get everything on day one, we could get the stuff we like and enjoy it for the next 2 month instead of waiting 2 month to finally get something we enjoy. (There is no dlc that would stay fresh for 4 month by the way.)

We could enjoy the content at our own pace.

crsN

In my opinion drip feed has destroyed any kind of DLCs. It's embarrassing how they want to extend the life for a game which is almost dead. If everyone will understand that, they will be forced to launch GTA6 faster, the only thing that interests me now.

REXX

I think dripfeed has its pro and con.

Pro: Have something to look forward to, sometimes brings people back.

Con: Lengthy process lasting months, waiting for something you don't want.

wisdom000

I agree with Carimbo that the only people who are complaining are the ones who know what's coming. Heck, even as one of the people who do know what's coming, I would rather get something small every week which helps some pass till the next big update, then have the entire was blown at once and deal with a dry season for two or three more months.

Hellbendzor
Posted (edited)

I'm no fan of it, but I think it's because this game is slowly on its way out. I hope it'll continu for a few more years, but I think the dripfeeding will only increase, especially the weeks in between new stuff... Perhaps next DLC is the last, who knows. If not, the dripfeeding is here to stay (sadly)...

I just make use of this dripfeeding to prepare some more (financially). And when they would drop everything all at once, like they did in the past, I run out of cash fast. So on the one hand I hate it, but on the other it does offer a small advantage (aka saving and earning for stuff) to people likely to collect...

Edited by Hellbendzor

irish.chr

Dripfeeding should be f*cking abolished.

It was one of the 3 worst mistakes this game has ever made. Along with freemode work, and the excessive hotwheels races that they LOVE to pump out.

Maddened_Ghost

I don't mind the drip-feed, last year we got the Special Vehicle Races with only one car released on day-one and then the drip-feed ended in early April, we got two months of nothing after that, now if I were to choose between drip-feed and those two months of nothing, I'd go with the drip-feed, at least then we get something new each week, a lot of people seem to forget that we are not supposed to know about the drip-feed content, it's the dataminers that reveal this info.

with that being said, I do prefer the one car a week instead of skipping weeks like this.

Also, this is B&M.

irish.chr
Posted (edited)

a lot of people seem to forget that we are not supposed to know about the drip-feed content, it's the dataminers that reveal this info.

Except for when they show it in trailers and feature them in missions months before they release of course...

This argument has been invalid ever since then.

Edited by irish.chr

Maddened_Ghost

a lot of people seem to forget that we are not supposed to know about the drip-feed content, it's the dataminers that reveal this info.

Except for when they show it in trailers and feature them in missions months before they release of course...

Still, shown in trailers and missions doesn't change it's release schedule, or if it's even gonna be released at all.. The Heists update introduced the Lost Slamvan and it was featured in missions but we never got the actual car, the Smugglers Run trailer showed the Skylift, was it part of the update? no it wasn't.

Like I said, between "drip-feed for months" and "nothing for months", I'll take the first one.

irish.chr

Still, shown in trailers and missions doesn't change it's release schedule, or if it's even gonna be released at all.. The Heists update introduced the Lost Slamvan and it was featured in missions but we never got the actual car, the Smugglers Run trailer showed the Skylift, was it part of the update? no it wasn't.

Like I said, between "drip-feed for months" and "nothing for months", I'll take the first one.

And I'd take "nothing for months" anyday.

At least then I would have a bunch of toys to play with in those months, instead of 1 or 2 and a whole bunch of waiting for more.

Lonely-Martin
Posted (edited)

It's a mixed one for me.

Bit like when I was a kid at Christmas, lol. If I knew what I was getting, I just wanted it now and it stays on my mind, lol. But IMHO, technically we're not supposed to know what's there, and if things were like they were for me when I was on old gen and not here on the forums, I just didn't know something was coming, so it was a pleasant surprise to see.

That said, now I know I don't like it and would rather things be dropped at once and we then figure stuff out. More like gaming to me. This feels like they herd sheep at times, lol.

* Read all now.

The thing I dislike is that I'll get the toy I like closer to a new DLC, so I may get less time where it's competitive or even remembered, lol. Also, it gets boring to log on on a Tuesday and see that a new car came, so every job I join for the next 24-48 hours, all I see is the latest addition everywhere, lol. The variety goes often initially because of it. If they released all vehicles from this last DLC, aside the race tracks added being for one specific vehicle, when I'm in freemode or heisting, I'd see more diversity out there from the off of each DLC.

Good event weeks like 2x on more varied game modes would equally keep interest, it's expensive out there, money is never not needed, lol.

Edited by KWF1981

whywontyoulisten
Posted (edited)

Dripfeeding gives me more time to talk myself out of buying overpriced sh*t, especially when the YouTubers on PC have reviews and customisation up from day one. When everything was released at once I bought a lot more.

Edit: Oh yeah, and instead of having the new vehicle straight away, and enjoying it for months, I hardly play until it's released, and then have it for less than a week before the next DLC drops and distracts me.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Voodoo-Hendrix

I agree with Carimbo that the only people who are complaining are the ones who know what's coming. Heck, even as one of the people who do know what's coming, I would rather get something small every week which helps some pass till the next big update, then have the entire was blown at once and deal with a dry season for two or three more months.

Think about it this way:

If R* actually released all vehicles from an update on day one, they would see themselves forced to actually make either good gameplay additions or good week events to keep the playerbase interested. Dripfeeding vehicles is just a distraction to the game's issues.

StangOne50

Hmm I dont really care for the drip feed but like many have said it works both ways.

I see people saying well if I got everything at once that would keep me busy till the next update and thats bullsh*t because you would still be busy with the last dlcs dripfeed items and not worried about the next dripfeed items. You are waiting for that one car that keeps you busy for months but what about the last car you waited for...bored of it already huh? lol

I get it, everyone wants more content. Either way no one will ever be satisfied because everyone is always looking for the next new thing.

In a 5 year old game, at this point I take anything new as a bonus whether it comes every week or every 3 months. We are lucky to still be getting anything new at all even if most of it is complete crap. So I dont really care what comes or when its coming anymore. I take it as it comes.

R3CON
Posted (edited)

I would rather Rockstar just drop everything at once and release more fully fleshed updates more often. The current process of making one update and then spreading the content out over a three month period makes the game into a drag.

Rockstar has the resources and the business case to invest more into the DLC than they currently do. They just cheapen out and do the bare minimum because they'll get away with it.

I'd understand the dripfeed better if Rockstar released new heists and new contact missions everytime an update came. If they released so much content we would need time to digest it all. But that's not the case. This current update, like previous updates, is literally a list of cars and a couple races. This is far too weak of a DLC to properly drip feed and stretch out into months on end.

So I suggest we have bigger updates more often. A big update every three months (like Heists or Doomsday) and a small update (like Cunning Stunts or Freemode Events + all new cars and accessories) every month in between. So every month is something fully fleshed out and brand-new to the game.

GTA Online is a cash cow for TakeTwo - has been for years now - and GTA VI is a pipe dream. Story mode DLC, a GTA IV remaster and a map expansion is also a pipe-dream. The least they could do, considering what they're not doing, is put more time and effort into the updates we do get in the meantime. We all know GTA isn't going to die once Red Dead drops, so that's not a factor either. Arguably more investment will pay off for Rockstar, just like it did last year - despite how old the game is getting.

Imagine if Finance and Felony, Bikers and Import/Export were released back to back - month after month. That's what I'm talking about. No need for a dripfeed in this scenario. Every month would have it's own theme, it's own new batch of missions and jobs, it's own new list of cars and clothes, sometimes new guns or new properties. This is how you properly end the dripfeed. By opening the floodgates. More updates - bigger updates - more often. That's what we need.

Edited by R3CON