1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Mark_Purayah_II

Why did CJ hide Denise from Sweet, Kendle and Cesar?

xXxRyanxXx
1 hour ago, lil weasel said:

You Forgot that Game Saving also Feeds Carl.

The only time I fed Carl was to fatten him up to use the Gym to increase his stamina.

It's still impossible to play through the entire game without ever eating. What if you don't save for hours on end?

Also having to eat to fatten him to use the gym nullifies the claim that eating can be ignored. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but it beats me why it's being swept under the rug pretending that it's not there. 

TheSantader25
1 hour ago, lil weasel said:

You Forgot that Game Saving also Feeds Carl.

The only time I fed Carl was to fatten him up to use the Gym to increase his stamina.

Well I guess it's safe to say I've survived by saving. 

Utopianthumbs
9 hours ago, watersgta3 said:

Well to be fair, with Tommy, Rosenberg was getting annoying to him with his constant overreacting and whining. So Tommy being a bit of a dick to Rosenberg is kind of understandable.

As for CJ being "humane", I wouldn't be sure if I could refer to him as such. Remember, this is the same guy who killed the manager of a famous rapper because a wannabe gangster said so and burying a foreman alive just for calling his sister a hooker. Also, it's pretty difficult to refer to him as that when he complains about having it hard when he has no qualms of robbing and murdering bystanders for his own wants. Don't get me wrong, CJ is a decent character, but his personality is pretty inconsistent. Really, the only character of the GTA series that was truly "humane" is Niko Bellic.

Yeah Rosenberg was rather whiny but to be fair most people would when they are in deep sh*t with the mob, not many people would be stone cold in the face of death like Tommy was.

You are spot on about CJ. Honestly, and I know this is kind of cheating, but I personally consider the mission Deconstruction non canon because it adds nothing to the story, it only adds inconsistency to CJs character. One thing to note I think is that R* tried to prioritize having  varied and crazy missions in the 3d era as opposed to the HD era where they focused more on story elements(not that they can't be fun too). So while I think R* tried to have CJ appear more humane compared to his predecessors, they also didnt focus on consistency of story and in trying to give a more fun experience went for wild missions like burying the foreman alive which hindered CJs character somewhat. I still think CJ is a decent guy who treats his colleagues with friendliness and respect which is why he won the respect of Woozie, Cesar, Truth etc, it's just that admittedly there are some glaring inconsistencies which imo can be attributed to less focus on story and more focus on having varied missions (for better or worse).

Sorry for going off topic so much haha, I just thought I'd address these points.

TheSantader25
8 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Yeah Rosenberg was rather whiny but to be fair most people would when they are in deep sh*t with the mob, not many people would be stone cold in the face of death like Tommy was.

You are spot on about CJ. Honestly, and I know this is kind of cheating, but I personally consider the mission Deconstruction non canon because it adds nothing to the story, it only adds inconsistency to CJs character. One thing to note I think is that R* tried to prioritize having  varied and crazy missions in the 3d era as opposed to the HD era where they focused more on story elements(not that they can't be fun too). So while I think R* tried to have CJ appear more humane compared to his predecessors, they also didnt focus on consistency of story and in trying to give a more fun experience went for wild missions like burying the foreman alive which hindered CJs character somewhat. I still think CJ is a decent guy who treats his colleagues with friendliness and respect which is why he won the respect of Woozie, Cesar, Truth etc, it's just that admittedly there are some glaring inconsistencies which imo can be attributed to less focus on story and more focus on having varied missions (for better or worse).

Sorry for going off topic so much haha, I just thought I'd address these points.

One thing for certain is that R* was certainly doing everything they can to reach the 100 mission count. They were obsessed with it in SA. 

Utopianthumbs
6 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

One thing for certain is that R* was certainly doing everything they can to reach the 100 mission count. They were obsessed with it in SA. 

Yeah I feel that too, with missions like this and a couple of missions that were just cutscenes iirc. Anyway I have no complaints as aside from a few inconsistencies I really enjoyed SA's story