Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    2. News

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

    1. GTA Online

      1. After Hours
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Crews

      1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA Next

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

    2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Mark_Purayah_II

Why did CJ hide Denise from Sweet, Kendle and Cesar?

Recommended Posts

Mark_Purayah_II
Posted (edited)

I have always wondered why CJ never got Denise to meet Sweet, Kendle and Cesar? I mean it could have been cool if she appeared in the end of "End Of The Line", when Ken, Maccer, Kent Paul and Madd Dogg appeared, and he then introduced her to the others. I mean she lives few meters away from Grove Street. I mean she knew CJ and Sweet as she recognized CJ in "Burning Desire"

 

In my opinion, there is no reason to hide her from them, I mean why wouldn't they accept her? Imagine if Denise and Kendle became BFF's XD

Edited by Mark_Purayah_II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil empire

Because it's in the scenario and Denise isn't a major character.

 

If CJ was real I would say he doesn't want his relatives to guess he works for the C.R.A.S.H given the way he met Denise Robinson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA_CAT

After all the story line and its characters it would be too complicated to set up all the relations between them, the only reasonable way is to add mentions in the mission dialogues but that would make them more difficult to understand. I don't think it's necessary to develop that much character relations.

 

Another possibility is that CJ is asexual and never pay attention to his girlfriends so he can keep relationships without his friends and family noticing it. Sometimes I think he don't give a sh*t about his girlfriends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpicyDragon

Well the other girlfriends, Millie and Denise's random cameo appearances in some missions would complicate the story a bit.

 

Still would be funny though if CJ had dialogue with Denise when she randomly appeared in some missions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark_Purayah_II
Posted (edited)

Maybe I need to try DYOM but idk, I fear Cleo might crash my game, again. Because then you can actually make them all meet her :) But DYOM is not story related, nor will it affect the game.

Edited by Mark_Purayah_II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil empire
Posted (edited)

CLEO v4 is reliable. I used to have frequent crashes with some older CLEO mods but with its latest version it's alright.

 

Playing some missions with Denise might be funny.

Edited by Evil empire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lil weasel
Posted (edited)

In my opinion, there is no reason to hide her from them, I mean why wouldn't they accept her? Imagine if Denise and Kendle became BFF's XD

The culture is use'em and leave'em. He is not Hiding anything. Bringing them home to "meet the family" is something to do when marriage is in the offering. Carl shows no deep interest in any of them. Catalina included.

 

It would appear you are ignoring the Dialog, "Yup uh huh.."

 

Questions about Modifying the game, should be discussed in the Modding Forums, or the DYOM forums.

Edited by lil weasel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eddo

Because Denise can be killed at any given time when hanging out with her, and if she's dead, it would cause inconsistency in the missions where she would appear\be mentioned.

So that's why R* decided not to feature Denise in any other missions, simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am Shaegar

While the players never saw Denise meeting Sweet, etc. It doesn't automatically mean that CJ was hiding his relationship from Sweet. CJ was dating other girls as well. It is not something that I thought CJ was expecting a long term relationship like marriage.

Do you share your experiences about every girlfriend you met in life with your parents or cousins?

There's no indication in game through CJ's conversations with all the girlfriends (correct me, if I'm wrong) that he was serious about having a relationship with either of them. Denise could be said as his first crush or something like that. Maybe at the end, after completing the story, at some point CJ might have decided to settle down. So, it's possible that CJ wasn't hiding anything, just not important enough to talk about the girls at that point in the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
∴

I always assumed their relationship fell apart due to CJ being shipped off to the countryside. Regardless of progress, it is implied that CJ would do better than to return to LS, even though you can technically go back and forth between the two without so much as a second glance. As far as the story is concerned though, CJ has been evicted from the city and now must fill his time delivering farm equipment for paranoid hippies and playing second fiddle to a murderous Mexican woman.

 

Life went on for them both. CJ continued to date other women and Denise probably did the same. Who here can honestly say they continued to date women after the outfits and vehicles were unlocked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SanLiberty

I lost count of how many times did you say ''I mean''....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtCheap

After Burning Desire, it is up to you if you wanna go out with her or just leave her alone.

It wouldn't make sense if you broke up with her and then the next minute, she's introduced to Sweet/Kendl/Cesar and is back to being your GF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watersgta3

I don't think Denise is really any of their business. CJ may as well let them know about all his other girlfriends. Like I said, that's none of their business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eddo

If he had told Sweet, he would tell Big Smoke and BS would eat Denise... with extra dip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

Because she is just another bitch to bang for CJ. Just like another girlfriends of him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin

It's a really poorly developed story arc. I guess he didn't have to go into detail about their relationship, but strange that he never makes the slightest mention seeing that he risked his life to save her from a burning building.

 

Or maybe he got struck on the head and forgot about her existence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

Because the news could have spread and cause Catalina to go nuts. Come back from LC and kill Denise. Jokes aside if you don't know why it's because you still haven't understood who CJ is. CJ is the ultimate GTA protagonist. He has an aim but he barely reveals his personality throughout the game and that's why having Denise and multiple other GFs and killing hundreds of ppl with him makes sense. You can identify CJ as any person you want. His personality is for you to judge but his aim is clear. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
5 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Because the news could have spread and cause Catalina to go nuts. Come back from LC and kill Denise. Jokes aside if you don't know why it's because you still haven't understood who CJ is. CJ is the ultimate GTA protagonist. He has an aim but he barely reveals his personality throughout the game and that's why having Denise and multiple other GFs and killing hundreds of ppl with him makes sense. You can identify CJ as any person you want. His personality is for you to judge but his aim is clear. 

Quite frankly that's one of the reasons if not the main reason I don't like him. Barely any personality is shown. I want to be play an actual character. Not just an empty shell to project whatever personality I like otherwise I'd play GTA III or GTAO.

 

I have a feeling there was particular vision with the girlfriends to try and make him appear more "human". The problem is they're just as personality stricken as he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utopianthumbs
26 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Quite frankly that's one of the reasons if not the main reason I don't like him. Barely any personality is shown. I want to be play an actual character. Not just an empty shell to project whatever personality I like otherwise I'd play GTA III or GTAO.

Thats an interesting take because I thought CJ was actually one of the more humane protagonists in the 3d era. Claude had no personality, Toni was bland, I loved Tommy V but I can understand why some call him one dimensional. I felt  CJ and Vic were the only protags in the 3d era with a real personality. For eg I really liked how CJ treated Ken Rosenberg compared to Tommy, it really showed his humane side. Of course the HD era had more complex and nuanced protagonists, I just thought all things considered CJ was one of the better 3d era protagonists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
2 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Thats an interesting take because I thought CJ was actually one of the more humane protagonists in the 3d era. Claude had no personality, Toni was bland, I loved Tommy V but I can understand why some call him one dimensional. I felt  CJ and Vic were the only protags in the 3d era with a real personality. For eg I really liked how CJ treated Ken Rosenberg compared to Tommy, it really showed his humane side. Of course the HD era had more complex and nuanced protagonists, I just thought all things considered CJ was one of the better 3d era protagonists.

Atleast you can respect my position without getting emotional and defensive. I have no problem with you feeling that way. Different strokes for different folks.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Thats an interesting take because I thought CJ was actually one of the more humane protagonists in the 3d era. Claude had no personality, Toni was bland, I loved Tommy V but I can understand why some call him one dimensional. I felt  CJ and Vic were the only protags in the 3d era with a real personality. For eg I really liked how CJ treated Ken Rosenberg compared to Tommy, it really showed his humane side. Of course the HD era had more complex and nuanced protagonists, I just thought all things considered CJ was one of the better 3d era protagonists.

He definitely shows personality and emotions more than other 3D protagonists but I could say he is the Only protagonist of the series(Michael a bit as well) that shows multiple personalities. Most likely according to his missions. That's why he is the ultimate protagonist. GTA wants to cover many areas of culture. One protagonist can barely make sense. So you either need to have someone like CJ(who's basically a handy man who can do anything) or have multiple protagonists(like V) that's why these 2 games can achieve what they want. 

So you never understand who is CJ. Is he calm? Is he angry? Is he a gangster? Is he a hitman? Is he good driver? Is he a good pilot? No CJ is all of them. He shows each side of his character at the right time. What's funny is that I always feel like he knows this himself and doesn't show his true self on purpose. I like to put it in a way that he doesn't want the others to know who he is. That's why he is also different to claude or GTA ONLINE protagonist. 

I don't take him as a generic character. We have lots of people in real life who barely show their true personality during work. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nico

Despite the fact that girlfriends are required for 100% on both SA and IV, I'm glad this is a majorly "optional" thing of both games if you don't really care about 100%. Never quite liked being forced to engage a relationship with a minor / side character, either girlfriend or male friend, just to progress through the story. In IV, the conversations between the characters definitely make it more interesting, but I still wouldn't like it if I was deliberately forced to do it. Heck, even though Michelle and Kate are involved in IV's story you don't really need to date them more than once if you don't want, and it won't affect your progress on the storyline (I think so).

 

If they involved the girlfriends deeply into the SA storyline, they would have needed to force the main character to engage an active relationship with them, and that would have been quite annoying IMO. Having to feed CJ about each hour in real life was annoying enough, among other things. However, one thing I should thank SA for is that, during the casino heist preparation, if you didn't want to deal with the hassle of "developing a relationship" with the casino girl -forgot her name- you could just kill her and take the card. It wasn't be the most politically correct way to do it -and I'm quite sure in today's wonderful society this option wouldn't be possible- but at least it was possible back then. After all, the GTA series I used to know when I was a kid was mostly about crime, and if you wanted some virtual sex you could just pick a hooker or go to a gentleman's club. Talking about virtual sex, I believe that the true reasoning behind the girlfriend system in SA was the initial ability to play the infamous "Hot Coffee" mini game with them, which was later disabled before release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
1 hour ago, Nico said:

Despite the fact that girlfriends are required for 100% on both SA and IV, I'm glad this is a majorly "optional" thing of both games if you don't really care about 100%. Never quite liked being forced to engage a relationship with a minor / side character, either girlfriend or male friend, just to progress through the story. In IV, the conversations between the characters definitely make it more interesting, but I still wouldn't like it if I was deliberately forced to do it. Heck, even though Michelle and Kate are involved in IV's story you don't really need to date them more than once if you don't want, and it won't affect your progress on the storyline (I think so).

 

If they involved the girlfriends deeply into the SA storyline, they would have needed to force the main character to engage an active relationship with them, and that would have been quite annoying IMO. Having to feed CJ about each hour in real life was annoying enough, among other things. However, one thing I should thank SA for is that, during the casino heist preparation, if you didn't want to deal with the hassle of "developing a relationship" with the casino girl -forgot her name- you could just kill her and take the card. It wasn't be the most politically correct way to do it -and I'm quite sure in today's wonderful society this option wouldn't be possible- but at least it was possible back then. After all, the GTA series I used to know when I was a kid was mostly about crime, and if you wanted some virtual sex you could just pick a hooker or go to a gentleman's club. Talking about virtual sex, I believe that the true reasoning behind the girlfriend system in SA was the initial ability to play the infamous "Hot Coffee" mini game with them, which was later disabled before release.

I don't understand the ppl who say you NEED to feed CJ. I've finished the storyline 29 times and I've never fed him except for like 2 or 3 times in each walkthrough and that was just to have some fun and kill everyone after I'm done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nico

Don't know which version you played, but on PC it was frequent to see the notification "you're getting hungry". At least, from my experience with the game -which is from a long time ago, since I haven't touched SA in a couple of years- it popped out once every session, or twice if I played for way too long. I know people have their opinions on this, but I believe food on GTA should be ONLY a way of healing the player. Playing with the protagonist shouldn't feel like playing with a tamagotchi pet, or a Sims game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
10 minutes ago, Nico said:

Don't know which version you played, but on PC it was frequent to see the notification "you're getting hungry". At least, from my experience with the game -which is from a long time ago, since I haven't touched SA in a couple of years- it popped out once every session, or twice if I played for way too long. I know people have their opinions on this, but I believe food on GTA should be ONLY a way of healing the player. Playing with the protagonist shouldn't feel like playing with a tamagotchi pet, or a Sims game.

You can ignore it. It doesn't matter.you can play the game without eating once.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nico

Yes, you're right, it can be ignored, but over time you will start losing some of your "stats attributes" like muscle mass, and if you spent a sh*tload of time tapping the button to make him run on the machine or lift weights, that kinda makes you think twice about fulfilling that need to eat. Either way, we are derailing the discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
watersgta3
5 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Thats an interesting take because I thought CJ was actually one of the more humane protagonists in the 3d era. Claude had no personality, Toni was bland, I loved Tommy V but I can understand why some call him one dimensional. I felt  CJ and Vic were the only protags in the 3d era with a real personality. For eg I really liked how CJ treated Ken Rosenberg compared to Tommy, it really showed his humane side. Of course the HD era had more complex and nuanced protagonists, I just thought all things considered CJ was one of the better 3d era protagonists.

Well to be fair, with Tommy, Rosenberg was getting annoying to him with his constant overreacting and whining. So Tommy being a bit of a dick to Rosenberg is kind of understandable.

 

As for CJ being "humane", I wouldn't be sure if I could refer to him as such. Remember, this is the same guy who killed the manager of a famous rapper because a wannabe gangster said so and burying a foreman alive just for calling his sister a hooker. Also, it's pretty difficult to refer to him as that when he complains about having it hard when he has no qualms of robbing and murdering bystanders for his own wants. Don't get me wrong, CJ is a decent character, but his personality is pretty inconsistent. Really, the only character of the GTA series that was truly "humane" is Niko Bellic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, watersgta3 said:

Well to be fair, with Tommy, Rosenberg was getting annoying to him with his constant overreacting and whining. So Tommy being a bit of a dick to Rosenberg is kind of understandable.

 

As for CJ being "humane", I wouldn't be sure if I could refer to him as such. Remember, this is the same guy who killed the manager of a famous rapper because a wannabe gangster said so and burying a foreman alive just for calling his sister a hooker. Also, it's pretty difficult to refer to him as that when he complains about having it hard when he has no qualms of robbing and murdering bystanders for his own wants. Don't get me wrong, CJ is a decent character, but his personality is pretty inconsistent. Really, the only character of the GTA series that was truly "humane" is Niko Bellic.

It's safe to say all GTA characters are inconsistent. Even Niko keeps killing ppl for his "price" and after a while if you think about he doesn't even need the money anymore. But he keeps killing ppl and keeps moaning how miserable he is and how many bad things he's done and he's gonna change and... But yeah he still keeps killing ppl for 5000$

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
6 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

You can ignore it. It doesn't matter.you can play the game without eating once.  

The only way you could do that is to use the never get hungry cheat. Playing the game as it's intended though is technically impossible to play it from start to finish without ever eating once since it's programmed into the game to eat every 72 in game hours. 

 

From my experience I always found I had to eat just enough to keep the condition satisfied, but if I forgot about eating after a while that's when I got hit with the "CJ is getting hungry" message 9 times out of 10 when I was out in the middle of no where or I was far away from somewhere to get something to eat.

 

This is getting a bit off topic, but just wanted to give my 2 cents.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lil weasel
1 hour ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

The only way you could do that is to use the never get hungry cheat. Playing the game as it's intended though is technically impossible to play it from start to finish without ever eating once since it's programmed into the game to eat every 72 in game hours. 

This is getting a bit off topic, but just wanted to give my 2 cents.

 

 

 

You Forgot that Game Saving also Feeds Carl.

The only time I fed Carl was to fatten him up to use the Gym to increase his stamina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.