3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ThatBenGuy

Types of people you can’t stand

Mister Pink

I'm glad I'm not alone!

As for standing when there are seats, I've now taken to doing that sometimes. Especially if I've been sitting on my ass all day. I always wondered why others do that but now I'm one of them.

Then there's idiot that can't wait to get off the bus before they call the mate and they gossip really loudly.

I'm not normally this bitter, lol. Off to a more positive topic!

rome7

People who go to fast food restaurants with ridiculous special orders holding up the line.

universetwisters

People who go to fast food restaurants with ridiculous special orders holding up the line.

My local McDonald's installed these automated kiosks where you can order and sh*t and it's great. I can make ridiculously special and long orders without holding up the line.

If you want to sit alone, get a car or a bike. It's public transport and not your private limousine.

Rocky0910

People who make noises while eating. Honestly its just irritating. I get like extremely mad at that.

universetwisters

Homophobes like this salty boi

Like what the f*ck are you to be afraid of gays for, are you afraid they'll crawl from the sewers and swallow your arms?

Cao Ang

Nostalgic fags. Kill em' with a flamethrower.

FukNRekd
Posted (edited)

Like what the f*ck are you to be afraid of gays for, are you afraid they'll crawl from the sewers and swallow your arms?

I have gay friends and family. Don't really care until they get on their soapbox about how I should expose my kids to things like the gay rodeo, etc., or how I should encourage them to experiment.

Seriously, if you want people to accept you (and in rare cases not beat the living sh*t out of you) quit being f*cking douchebag deviants about it and trying to shove it up everyone's ass.

It's pathetic and does nothing to help your cause. Just the opposite, actually.

Edited by FukNRekd

Raavi

Nostalgic fags. Kill em' with a flamethrower.

People who use the word "fags" unless referring to cigarettes.

universetwisters

I have gay friends and family. Don't really care until they get on their soapbox about how I should expose my kids to things like the gay rodeo, etc., or how I should encourage them to experiment.

Seriously, if you want people to accept you (and in rare cases not beat the living sh*t out of you) quit being f*cking douchebag deviants about it and trying to shove it up everyone's ass.

Seriously, it's pathetic and does nothing to help your cause. Just the opposite, actually.

I mean that's just a matter of humility. I'm talking about people like I linked who think gays are worse than communist terrorist zombie robots whatever just because they're gay.

FukNRekd

Seriously, it's pathetic and does nothing to help your cause. Just the opposite, actually.

I mean that's just a matter of humility. I'm talking about people like I linked who think gays are worse than communist terrorist zombie robots whatever just because they're gay.

Gotcha. Can't stand those people either.

Star-Lord
Posted (edited)

People who get on your case on just about anything. And those that like to have the last word always.

Edited by Star-Lord

trip

[...] or how I should encourage them to experiment. [...]

That happened? Really happened? I only ask because it seems odd.

I'm not usually one to say something as drastic as I'm about to say but; I think you may need to hang with a better batch of gay friends. Obviously the ones you hang with now are a bad influence.

FukNRekd

[...] or how I should encourage them to experiment. [...]

That happened? Really happened? I only ask because it seems odd.

I'm not usually one to say something as drastic as I'm about to say but; I think you may need to hang with a better batch of gay friends. Obviously the ones you hang with now are a bad influence.

Yes it really happened. More than once. And you dont get to choose family.

If a friend said that they would no longer be a friend.

MyNameHere

All those people recycling phrases, thinking they are like philosophers or they are better person than others.

Short Stay
Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2018 at 3:10 AM, rome7 said:

[Trigger Warning - Misogyny Ahead]

Do you find that they are usually of the female persuasion, or at least someone ordering on behalf of someone of that persuasion?

Edited by Short Stay
To make it more aesthetically pleasing

Lock n' Stock

People who act like they're above you because they have different opinions or views.

Also, bullies and pedophiles just to name a couple.

Femme Fatale

Misogynists who beat women, and still have the nerve to rant about "being a man". Lol, you like to hit girls, you're not a man in my book.

Obnoxious, loudmouthed meatheads at the gym.

∴

People that are unable to accept when they're wrong.

This isn't relating to anything specific, and nor do I go around believing I'm the only one who has it right. This is more about people who simply cannot admit to others (or themselves) when they're wrong. It's as if it would give them physical pain, even though it's so apparent to everyone around them that they've made a mistake. I find it incredibly humbling to admit when I'm at fault, and with each mistake I am offered an opportunity for growth. It's easy to drift through life, week after week, without ever really committing a mistake on the scale where you have to own up to it. It's a foreign feeling. Not only will you feel instantly better through admitting a mistake, but you'll find people will respect you far more than if you were to stubbornly clutch the horns and downright refuse to. It makes you look foolish, and the quality of your character is immediately called into question.

Nobody likes to be wrong. I'm not saying it's particularly enjoyable, but it is oddly rewarding to hold your hands up and be offered the chance to change your perspective or put a situation right that fell by your hands. It's beyond frustrating to meet people who simply cannot do this.

ghost of delete key
On 5/3/2018 at 11:07 PM, ThatBenGuy said:

So..what about YOU GUYS?

You'll love Deez Nutz... chewy, AND salty!

Get'em now at a bodega near you!

Short Stay
23 hours ago, ∴ said:

Nobody likes to be wrong. I'm not saying it's particularly enjoyable, but it is oddly rewarding to hold your hands up and be offered the chance to change your perspective or put a situation right that fell by your hands. It's beyond frustrating to meet people who simply cannot do this.

I'd just like to say that I find this post spiritually uplifting and life enhancing.  There's too much negativity nowadays, not only here but in the wider world in general. 

Sir, you have made my day.  God bless you.

FrancisBlack
Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2018 at 10:40 AM, Femme Fatale said:

Edited by FrancisBlack
Nevermind ha ha!

Short Stay
On 6/3/2018 at 4:40 PM, Femme Fatale said:

Misogynists who beat women, and still have the nerve to rant about "being a man". Lol, you like to hit girls, you're not a man in my book.

Agreed, they are a despicable lot.  But what about women who like a bit of a beating?  A very small minority indeed, but in this age of inclusion and diversity why aren't their voices being heard? 

Blaze

I'm going to hazard a guess that Femme Fatale is referring to domestic abuse and not those into beating for sexual gratification (which in this age of inclusion and diversity is pretty big) unless you mean some stockholm syndrome type sh*t.

Femme Fatale
34 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that Femme Fatale is referring to domestic abuse

Yup, it has nothing to do with masochism.

Short Stay
On 6/5/2018 at 3:22 PM, Femme Fatale said:

Yup, it has nothing to do with masochism.

Never thought it did, really.  What about the men who lash out because they have been driven to distraction by those who have studied them closely, know their 'buttons' and how to press them?  Those with a way with words and 'micro aggressions'. Those who are quietly confident that society will automatically take their side despite all talk of the Patriarchy. Confident that some noble knight will ride up to save them with his "I will save you from the dragon" schtick. Or that some plain type will hold open the door to the women's refuge with no questions asked.

We hear so much about men beating their female partners (and rightly so given men's size and strength and the terrible damage it can inflict) but we never hear about them being driven to it.  If it were possible to produce some sort of scale of male abuse, going from completely unwarranted psychopathic domestic abuse at one end to those gentle and lovely men who finally snap at the other...wouldn't that be jolly interesting?

Lucy_Woooolfe
Posted (edited)

^^ I feel quite unsure at which point this could possibly become a "jolly" discussion, but should you be genuinely interested, here we are:

Yes, what about? We often find in cases of domestic abuse a drama involving perpetrator, victim, and rescuer/observer (since you mentioned the role, this is indeed called the "drama triangle of the victim", and you'll find tons of discourse under that header on the net) often interwoven in unexpected ways. Tragically, you too often find victims of abuse even asking themselves whether they have "deserved it", "had it coming", "drove him into doing it", I myself once was in that very same situation.

But let me state this piece of personal opinion clearly, and for all sexes (for women, too, can hit men, before you bring that one up): No-one deserves to be beaten, and no one has the right to beat. Period. Beyond the need to defend against an actual physical assault, any attempt in justification for applying physical force must ultimately fail, for there is none, and there is even a very slim line where actual self-defense ends and excessive use of force begins. There is much more to say to this, as we know there are also many non-physical forms of abuse being harmful, but I don't feel up to this at the moment, I admit. I can only try.

And where do you see "society automatically taking sides"? Whenever a case of abuse surfaces and comes under scrutiny (as the staggering majority of cases never does, by the way), every single time along comes the "jolly interesting" question what the victim might have done to bring it upon her.

As to the "plain type", I don't know who you are talking about. What I do know is there are not nearly enough women's refuge houses as there are women in need of shelter and succour, and I happen to know some people doing volunteering work in one. They seldom ask initial questions, true - they very seldom need to, for women seldom go there for a lark.

I know, i take all this probably too serious again, so kindly ignore me, should I have gone OTT again and this was just a joke. I don't want to start beef with anyone, but I couldn't let that topic stand as it is.

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

Short Stay
Posted (edited)

This discussion should really be taking place over at Debates and Dicussions but we are here, and besides, there don't seem to be many women over there. Too geeky I suspect.

^^ I feel quite unsure at which point this could possibly become a "jolly" discussion, but should you be genuinely interested, here we are:
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 But let me state this piece of personal opinion clearly, and for all sexes (for women, too, can hit men, before you bring that one up): No-one deserves to be beaten, and no one has the right to beat. Period. Beyond the need to defend against an actual physical assault, any attempt in justification for applying physical force must ultimately fail, for there is none, and there is even a very slim line where actual self-defense ends and excessive use of force begins. There is much more to say to this, as we know there are also many non-physical forms of abuse being harmful, but I don't feel up to this at the moment, I admit. I can only try.

Of course no one should be beaten just as no one should be "driven to distraction by those who have studied them closely, know their 'buttons' and how to press them. Those with a way with words and 'micro aggressions'." to quote myself.

If any of the victims brought it upon themselves I refer you to my first paragraph. Also, do you wonder how many women in refuges have struck their partners, shouted and screamed at them,  but don't mention it or are excused on the grounds of stress, poverty, phillandering, etc? How many are even asked? We all understand that women are in the more vulnerable position but how is the law to cater for this? How does the law decide what behaviour is abuse and what can be given a free pass because, well, it suits us to do so?

As to the "plain type", I don't know who you are talking about. What I do know is there are not nearly enough women's refuge houses as there are women in need of shelter and succour, and I happen to know some people doing volunteering work in one. They seldom ask initial questions, true - they very seldom need to, for women seldom go there for a lark.

Women's shelters are fine by me. As for plain types, I have often been struck by the way that uber-sexual** types are somewhat under-represented in the caring professions and more often found in the 'look at me' professions. What's at work here? Do many of the ubers really want to work in social justice but think "Nah, I won't fit in, I'll stick to flashing my face/ass"? Likewise for plain janes.

It's quite striking the way women "make use of their assets". In general you come across as pretty driven and determined little fluckers. And loud too.

Do you really know nothing of plain types or do you simply refuse to discuss it? On the whole I find that women are pretty good at deciding what does and doesn't get discussed :p

I know, i take all this probably too serious again, so kindly ignore me, should I have gone OTT again and this was just a joke. I don't want to start beef with anyone, but I couldn't let that topic stand as it is.

No, you're right to take it so seriously. I just want to eat the Universe alive, that's all.

*in the developed world mostly.
**large curvaceous bodies, overly pretty or strong faces, etc.

Edited by Short Stay

Lucy_Woooolfe
Posted (edited)

° Peace, man, peace. I retreat. Eat as many universes as you like (another joke I don't understand?), but you certainly shall not have mine.

I obviously expressed myself badly, for you, in my feeling, ignored some points I said here, left out in your quote even the part where I halfway agreed to your initial point. Then you got a bit warm just repeating your points, as I see it, and I don't claim I'm seeing it right. However, I think the "determined little fluckers" and such have gotten a bit out of line, haven't they? But I assume I've driven you to it.

Nevertheless, I think we somehow don't tackle the same subject, and a misunderstanding ensued. I genuinely don't feel up to a discussion, be it here or somewhere else.

I admit that this half-mocking, half-cynical style of yours riled me somewhat (and this wasn't the first jab at women I've read from you); to be honest I felt stunned by the amount of disrespect against female victims of abuse (ok, ok, only those who "caused it", as you said) you somehow managed to wrap into one single paragraph, and I am willing to believe that you might not even be aware of this.

Also this is an online forum, not a knitting circle, huh?

It was quite unprofessional on my part to pick up a discussion at this time and place. Occasionally I have days where I just talk/write too much, yesterday was one of those (i pretty much killed two other threads, I fear) and I shouldn't have answered in the first place. 

Should I have hit a nerve with your personal feelings towards women (or any other's feelings), I apologize. And this is not 'saltiness', I mean this truly. I feel bad whenever I cause or trigger bad vibes, and I really want to put things right again. 

Anyone to please just throw in a witty on-topic answer to "people not to be stood with" and get this thread back on track, please.

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

John Smith

Parents who don't discipline their children properly. I was at a friend's of a friend recently, and I had a bunch of change lying on the cabinet of the room I was staying in. First the little sh*t comes running in naked and jumping all over me, then proceeds to start lifting my chance. His mother, who was in the room at the time, told him he can't just take people's money like that, but the little sh*t didn't listen and walked out the room with my change to which the mother said f*ck-all as if this is just normal behaviour. Seriously, wtf? My parents would've given me an absolute bollocking and sent me to my room if I had done such a thing. I eventually had to get a hotel room just to get the f*ck away from that wee sh*te.