4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Domac

GTA Next's special feature.

Domac

GTA III was the first 3D GTA.

GTA VC had planes, helicopters, more stuff, better weapons, etc.

GTA SA was way ahead of its time, it has three cities, countryside, lots of vehicles and weapons, etc.

GTA LCS, VCS and CTW were released on PSP, first LCS and VCS were first GTAs with official R* multiplayer.

GTA IV was the first HD GTA, new systems, Euphoria ragdoll, etc.

GTA V was the first GTA with three protagonists, massive map, lots of vehicles, DLCs, a completely new multiplayer system, etc.

So, what could be the next special thing/feature about GTA Next?

- maybe we will be able to ride animals?

- maybe we will be able to destroy big buildings and smaller ones like houses?

- maybe we will have an inventory system that's more advanced?

- maybe we will be able to be a cop?

But, to be honest I think it may be multiple GTA maps in one (e.g. Vice City and Las Venturas connected with a bridge or seperated by a desert, and overseas could be San Fierro with a surrounding countryside area.

What do YOU think, what will be special about the next GTA?

You never know what to expect from Rockstar.

If there's a similar post to this, don't bother moving moving this post to it, just lock this one and that's it.

Edited by Domac

DOUGL4S1

It will be the first GTA where Shark Cards completelly replace money.

American Venom

It's really hard to think of something from a mechanical standpoint unless it has a completely different engine/physics. So I'm thinking it might be more story/narrative related like if the switching mechanic is retained one of the protagonists being female. Something just tells me R* have toyed with the idea at some point. It would be a risky thing to do with a singular protagonist game, but a female protagonist along side a male one (or more depending if R* expand on it) wouldn't be that unrealistic.

Also I'd love to see a muti-year/decade GTA where it starts off in the past and ends up in the present.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

MojoGamer

Without a doubt, its going to feature a smoking hot female protagonist like Megan Fox's 2 characters TMNT's April O'Neil and Transformers's Mikaela Banes.

Edited by MojoGamer

TommyTheMan

Probably first GTA you can play in VR from start to finish.

luisniko

The first GTA with 15 minutes first mission as the only single player content before the protagonists you just played with become NPCs and the game turns fully online after that, then you will see 'how to buy Cash Card' in the beginner tutorial.

TheGeneralZarbin

I believe it looks as though Rockstar has listened to alot of the criticism about GTAV, regarding the lack of interiors. And from what they have said in interviews it looks like for the next red dead redemption that they are going to really focus on making sure there is plenty of interiors. So i imagine for the next GTA this will be a big thing aswell.

Domac

The next GTA will probably include a female protagonist, which I don't know how to feel about. Sure, it will be new, but GTA V had lots of new stuff and it doesn't even feel like a GTA game now. Imagine the 12-year olds dressing up the female protagonist into only a bra and some panties, omg

What would be cool though is more interactivity with the world around you. By this I mean that you could so some minor stuff like turning the lights on or off, opening the garage with a button, being able to enter lots of houses with random interiors, opening house windows, being able to have a proper conversation with the pedestrians (similar to GTA:SA, but with some random outcomes), etc. Take a look at what Mafia II allowed you to do.

Also, maybe the character could actually go to prison if busted or wasted with a maximum wanted level. The player could escape prison and get a wanted level, or serve their sentence (5-20 minutes).

MARKUS.

REALISTIC STEAK.

Domac

REALISTIC STEAK.

What?

American Venom

REALISTIC STEAK.

What?

Anyone who wasn't on GTAF between 2007 and 2012 probably wont get it. Now I think of it since 4k is a thing I want my realistic steak and BBQ sauce with 4k resolution thanks.

TheOneLibertonian

Honestly, I always wanted GTA to go to a more RPG-esque dialogue system that affects choices and the way you tackle missions and side quests. I know that RDR 2 is going to have a similar feature, but I felt that GTA is in need of more ways to tell a story that can affect both the player's benefit and the in-game world. A Witcher 3 esque dialogue tree together with an expanded version of choices from IV and Heists from V would be a solid step forward from a storytelling standpoint for the series. Lastly it wouldn't hurt the replay value and it would make Single Player less stagnant as well.

GiveMeLiberty78

I agree with TommyTheMan: perhaps Virtual Reality (VR) integration?

Or perhaps leading a 'crew' or gang from the outset / early on in the game?

tsto

GTA Online 2 - massive multiplayer open world bigger than ever before with real-time changes to the economy, and to the landscape based on players' decisions and the chaos they bring. Destructible environments, NPC interactivity similar to what RDR2 is doing but also for online, and over 50 players in a session. I'm just talking outta my ass at this point.

.Smaher.

I believe it looks as though Rockstar has listened to alot of the criticism about GTAV, regarding the lack of interiors. And from what they have said in interviews it looks like for the next red dead redemption that they are going to really focus on making sure there is plenty of interiors. So i imagine for the next GTA this will be a big thing aswell.

You got links to where they said this about RDR2?

[...]

Being a pure MMORPG video game without the story mode whatsoever.

Thefames

New and Advanced Rockstar Games Range Engine

New AI system

AI will be more clever in combat system

More Organic gameplay

Authetic intreractions with gameworld and NPC

innovation of gameplay aspects will change with more interacting with game world with talking with every NPC in game

Every area of the game will feel different and unique identity

Dynamic events or Random events will be on another level

Construction site around game world will be finish overtime in gameworld

Evolving real time game world such real progression of time

Edited by Thefames

TheSantader25

Should be the first to let us enter every interior

Or

fully remodeled LC/SA/VC 

in one map. 

These things probably aren't doable at the moment but if they make it for the next generation it could be possible. 

MojoGamer

1st gta that allows us to play as our online character as the main character.

Some of us want a female protagonist, some want only want male protagonist, some want a single protagonist and some want a created character protagonist.

If Rockstargames allow us to use our kickass mute online character as the main protagonist, everyone gets what they want and to win.

They mostly likely only allow us to port our character's skill points and model to GTA Online 2.0, cause the Online Mode mostly be a pre-quel and not be the same Online character as GTA 5.

Shanks3d2y

I want GTA 6 (or as I'd call 360) to be played on an entire planet. To be futuristic for the first time and not like Watch Dogs... more like Blade Runner or Altered Space. 

AtmaDarkwolf

while I'd love to see destructible environments, economy, weather, etc(things the players can control, even if just remotely/minor), I know, that without SEVERE 'consequences to actions taken (IE Not just 'permadeath to current toon' but REAL long term 'if you do THIS, and get caught, which you most likely WILL be caught, your account will be flagged and if you 'survive' the event, your character and account, will be 'jailed' for years in-game' type consequences), it can't happen. If they DO that (IE the 'player driven environmental changes) the game world would end up, very quickly, becoming nothing but a smoking ruin/wasteland.

It only takes ONE tryhard in a hydra with a bit of luck, to 'murder' everyone in a lobby, imagine if only 5% of players with jacksh*ts trying to maximize the damage they can do.

Black_Jesus

Time travel with a flux compositor.

AdvangeMarius

Hair growing mechanic, EX: You have a bald head but during few day in-game, you hair grow back and you can get a haircut 

MARKUS.

Cock grow feature for better sex appeal

AdvangeMarius

If you want the game to be AO 18+ rating

MuffinMcFluffin

I remember the rumors in GTA:SA talking about how NPC's will have actual lives, homes to go to, etc. I would love for some of that to take place if possible.

I haven't read anything on RDR 2 yet, but I would reckon with the small number of buildings overall that they may work hard to make every interior accessible, and hopefully they'll all have something special in them to look at or do. I reckon a next-gen GTA game will also have many accessible interiors, though that would take a very, very long time to make (probably more so than the outside world).

I'd also love for them to really find a way to perfect the wanted level system, and not only that but not dumb it down for NPC's. It would be amazing for the police to go after them the same way they go after me should something happen, and that my guy does not override anything that they do.

MARKUS.
8 hours ago, MuffinMcFluffin said:

next-gen GTA game will also have many accessible interiors,

Who needs that when you have YOGA?!

Zorenic

Virtual Reality if Rockstar really wants to spice things up

anthony

I rem ember the rumors in GTA:SA talking about how NP C's will have actual lives, ho mes to go to, etc. I would love for some of tha t to take place if possible.

The NPCs do have routines and you can say, lives in RDR. 

Here is an example;

I want to make it clear, I have no idea what this character's name is.  He isn't one of the guys that regularly loses money at the poker table, nor is he a character that I've engaged in any of the other mini games.  However, I'm a sucker for alliteration, so he's now going to be known as Bob.

1:30 AM - Observation of the subject begins as Bob first steps out of the saloon.  He walks onto the main thoroughfare and sort of watches as two swaying drinkers talk to one another.  He doesn't engage them, but he does scratch himself.  After that, he heads onto the porch of the saloon, and leans against the railing.  He remains here for some time.
4 AM - Bob stops leaning on the rail, and says something about an Elly McGregor (?) to no one in particular.  I didn't catch exactly what he said.  After this outburst, he moves back into the Saloon, and leans against the wall looking out a window (at basically the same scenery he was looking at from the railing of the balcony).
5ish AM - Bob heads back outside, sits on the stool on the porch for a few minutes before returning to leaning on the railing.  The stool was directly between the window and the railing, or thereabouts.
630 AM - Bob leaves the area of the saloon, heading to the upstairs balcony above Armadillo's gunsmith.  He repeatedly plays an animation that I can't quite identify from my position on the ground. He could have been coughing, shouting, spitting, playing a harmonica, or shadow boxing.  After this, he wanders over to the door up there and knocks on it a few times.  He gets no response, so he casually leans against that railing, as a change of pace from leaning against the one on the saloon's porch.
7 AM - Bob asks the question that's been on everyone's mind, "When we gonna stop talking, and start drinking?"  He hasn't done much talking, and doesn't seem inclined to actually start drinking either.
7:15 AM - Bob crosses the street to the little "produce" stand next to the general store.  Apparently he works here.  He starts butchering chickens.  This is how he got his nick name above.   I was actually pretty surprised (pleasantly) to be given the impression that he might have some sort of schedule (reinforced over the course of the day), but his attire seems a bit odd for a butcher.  I'm not positive that this is really his job, and think that perhaps a random NPC in town takes it each day?  I'd have expected to see one of the apron wearing guys over here.
That table looks like it hasn't been cleaned.  Ever.

9:15 AM - Bob takes a break from butchering chickens to steal an Apple from work, which he eats on the spot.  He discards the remnants, which seem to actually be physically simulated and roll around the environment.
9:25 AM - Bob goes back to work.  I immediately get kind of grossed out thing about his lack of sanitary butchery practices.  No handwashing between raw chickens and eating the apple?  Yikes!  Also, that table doesn't look like it's been washed, ever.  Also, he seems to have a barrel of raw unbutchered chickens, a barrel of chicken feet/heads, and a barrel of raw butchered chickens.  One of the many moments that I'm glad video games don't have smellovision technology.
Noonish maybe - He is still butchering, but I've decided to crunch some numbers.  I time a single chicken, and it takes approximately 5 in-game minutes.  So 24ish chickens before his apple break, and maybe 33 more or so since.  Those barrels are like Mary Poppins' bag.
5 PM - Approximately 60 chickens later (total, approximately 117), Bob takes another apple break.  He goes right back to work afterwards.  I briefly consider the possibility that NPCs in Red Dead Redemption have needs to satisfy, but ultimately don't think so.
6 PM - After essentially an 11 hour day of nonstop work (and approximately 127 butchered chickens), Bob heads over the saloon, to lean against the rail at his favorite spot.
7:30 PM - Bob heads inside to the saloon window, wanders around inside a bit after that, then returns to leaning.  Maybe 25 in-game minutes.
Midnight - Bob exclaims (to me?) "You look like you got run over by a wagon!"  He heads back inside to look out the window at the spot he just left.
12:40 PM - Bob sits on a stool inside the saloon, against the wall opposite the bar, facing inward.  This lasts just a few minutes.
1 AM - Bob heads back outside to lean.  He remains there until the 24 hour observation period is over.
On the positive side of things from observing Bob, his working a job and his eating were both boons to realism.  When I had passed through Armadillo and other settlements previously and seen NPCs working, I had just assumed that they spawned into that position, and would remain there until I went far enough away that they despawned.  Seeing someone start and quit their job was nice.  Additionally, while Bob was a bit boring during his off period, I did see a number of other NPCs do relatively interesting things.  Some of the folks drinking at the bar got stumble-around-and-fall-down drunk (awesome animations on that, by the way).  Some other NPCs seemed to start and stop conversations with each other.  A deputy (non-story) taunted a drunk at one point in the night.

On the other hand, he never slept all day, and he worked like a robot.  And quite frankly, for a guy who spent nearly every non-working hour at the bar, he didn't really do much.  Perhaps he's haunted by his lost love, who he last saw from the porch of the saloon.  We'll go with that.

Bob never slept, but some NPCs do go to their home and sleep.

Skyrim with Immersive citizen mod is also impressive;

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul is a mod whose purpose is to increase player in-game immersion by greatly improving Artificial Intelligence (AI) of friendly NPCs (citizens) in order to make them act and react like true humans in relation to their environment or to an aggressor. 

Specifically, combat AI is revamped, with citizens using a new “Survival Instinct” feature that gives them the ability to evaluate danger from an aggressor and respond to it more realistically while under attack. Their non-combat behavior has also been expanded, with new and realistic behaviors including improved schedules, occasional travel, and better use and response to the world around them. Whether fighting or living their lives, NPCs will respond to things like the weather, or an individual’s profession and relationships (NPCs will act differently day after day). 
For each city/village, the number of unique conversations will be approximately doubled. 
The end result should add considerable depth to the world around you.

For more details please read the complete description available here: http://nextgen-ai.com/immersive-citizens-ps4/

Edited by anthony

FFTLaté

I think that GTA 6 will be the first GTA to have two cities. Vice City and Liberty City for example. Two large maps for the player to explore, with fast travel or plane/boat travel to switch between.