4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Domac

GTA Next's special feature.

Domac
Posted (edited)

GTA III was the first 3D GTA.

GTA VC had planes, helicopters, more stuff, better weapons, etc.

GTA SA was way ahead of its time, it has three cities, countryside, lots of vehicles and weapons, etc.

GTA LCS, VCS and CTW were released on PSP, first LCS and VCS were first GTAs with official R* multiplayer.

GTA IV was the first HD GTA, new systems, Euphoria ragdoll, etc.

GTA V was the first GTA with three protagonists, massive map, lots of vehicles, DLCs, a completely new multiplayer system, etc.

So, what could be the next special thing/feature about GTA Next?

- maybe we will be able to ride animals?

- maybe we will be able to destroy big buildings and smaller ones like houses?

- maybe we will have an inventory system that's more advanced?

- maybe we will be able to be a cop?

But, to be honest I think it may be multiple GTA maps in one (e.g. Vice City and Las Venturas connected with a bridge or seperated by a desert, and overseas could be San Fierro with a surrounding countryside area.

What do YOU think, what will be special about the next GTA?

You never know what to expect from Rockstar.

If there's a similar post to this, don't bother moving moving this post to it, just lock this one and that's it.

Edited by Domac

DOUGL4S1

It will be the first GTA where Shark Cards completelly replace money.

Algonquin Assassin
Posted (edited)

It's really hard to think of something from a mechanical standpoint unless it has a completely different engine/physics. So I'm thinking it might be more story/narrative related like if the switching mechanic is retained one of the protagonists being female. Something just tells me R* have toyed with the idea at some point. It would be a risky thing to do with a singular protagonist game, but a female protagonist along side a male one (or more depending if R* expand on it) wouldn't be that unrealistic.

Also I'd love to see a muti-year/decade GTA where it starts off in the past and ends up in the present.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Am Shaegar

Becomes the first GTA to be heavily multiplayer focused title on release

OR

the first GTA with a lot of interactivity and complex systems to make the world truly come alive, not only in terms of gameplay but also from the story standpoint. Kinda hybrid RPG

OR

the first GTA with a female lead that I personally don't wish to become true.

That's all I could think of.

Rockstar are the masters of creating beautiful open worlds than coming up with something innovative or substantial game-changing ideas.

MojoGamer
Posted (edited)

Without a doubt, its going to feature a smoking hot female protagonist like Megan Fox's 2 characters TMNT's April O'Neil and Transformers's Mikaela Banes.

Edited by MojoGamer

TommyTheMan

Probably first GTA you can play in VR from start to finish.

luisniko

The first GTA with 15 minutes first mission as the only single player content before the protagonists you just played with become NPCs and the game turns fully online after that, then you will see 'how to buy Cash Card' in the beginner tutorial.

TheGeneralZarbin

I believe it looks as though Rockstar has listened to alot of the criticism about GTAV, regarding the lack of interiors. And from what they have said in interviews it looks like for the next red dead redemption that they are going to really focus on making sure there is plenty of interiors. So i imagine for the next GTA this will be a big thing aswell.

Domac

The next GTA will probably include a female protagonist, which I don't know how to feel about. Sure, it will be new, but GTA V had lots of new stuff and it doesn't even feel like a GTA game now. Imagine the 12-year olds dressing up the female protagonist into only a bra and some panties, omg

What would be cool though is more interactivity with the world around you. By this I mean that you could so some minor stuff like turning the lights on or off, opening the garage with a button, being able to enter lots of houses with random interiors, opening house windows, being able to have a proper conversation with the pedestrians (similar to GTA:SA, but with some random outcomes), etc. Take a look at what Mafia II allowed you to do.

Also, maybe the character could actually go to prison if busted or wasted with a maximum wanted level. The player could escape prison and get a wanted level, or serve their sentence (5-20 minutes).

MARKUS.

REALISTIC STEAK.

Domac

REALISTIC STEAK.

What?

Algonquin Assassin

REALISTIC STEAK.

What?

Anyone who wasn't on GTAF between 2007 and 2012 probably wont get it. Now I think of it since 4k is a thing I want my realistic steak and BBQ sauce with 4k resolution thanks.

TheOneLibertonian

Honestly, I always wanted GTA to go to a more RPG-esque dialogue system that affects choices and the way you tackle missions and side quests. I know that RDR 2 is going to have a similar feature, but I felt that GTA is in need of more ways to tell a story that can affect both the player's benefit and the in-game world. A Witcher 3 esque dialogue tree together with an expanded version of choices from IV and Heists from V would be a solid step forward from a storytelling standpoint for the series. Lastly it wouldn't hurt the replay value and it would make Single Player less stagnant as well.

GiveMeLiberty78

I agree with TommyTheMan: perhaps Virtual Reality (VR) integration?

Or perhaps leading a 'crew' or gang from the outset / early on in the game?

tsto

GTA Online 2 - massive multiplayer open world bigger than ever before with real-time changes to the economy, and to the landscape based on players' decisions and the chaos they bring. Destructible environments, NPC interactivity similar to what RDR2 is doing but also for online, and over 50 players in a session. I'm just talking outta my ass at this point.

.Smaher.

I believe it looks as though Rockstar has listened to alot of the criticism about GTAV, regarding the lack of interiors. And from what they have said in interviews it looks like for the next red dead redemption that they are going to really focus on making sure there is plenty of interiors. So i imagine for the next GTA this will be a big thing aswell.

You got links to where they said this about RDR2?

(Ambient)

Being a pure MMORPG video game without the story mode whatsoever.

Thefames
Posted (edited)

New and Advanced Rockstar Games Range Engine

New AI system

AI will be more clever in combat system

More Organic gameplay

Authetic intreractions with gameworld and NPC

innovation of gameplay aspects will change with more interacting with game world with talking with every NPC in game

Every area of the game will feel different and unique identity

Dynamic events or Random events will be on another level

Construction site around game world will be finish overtime in gameworld

Evolving real time game world such real progression of time

Edited by Thefames

TheSantader25

Should be the first to let us enter every interior

Or

fully remodeled LC/SA/VC 

in one map. 

These things probably aren't doable at the moment but if they make it for the next generation it could be possible. 

MojoGamer

1st gta that allows us to play as our online character as the main character.

Some of us want a female protagonist, some want only want male protagonist, some want a single protagonist and some want a created character protagonist.

If Rockstargames allow us to use our kickass mute online character as the main protagonist, everyone gets what they want and to win.

They mostly likely only allow us to port our character's skill points and model to GTA Online 2.0, cause the Online Mode mostly be a pre-quel and not be the same Online character as GTA 5.

Am Shaegar

I want to see new type of interactions with the interiors that are considered a staple in the series. Most interiors in the series have hardly any interesting interactivity in them. The next best feature should be much more possibilities available for the players than the basic interactions. I don't mind if the interiors are less in numbers, if they make those interiors much more interesting to return every time, making it an important place to trigger certain tasks that bring more replayability.

Also, the interiors should continue to be much larger and spacious, just like the GTA V's amazing variety of interiors. 

Shanks3d2y

I want GTA 6 (or as I'd call 360) to be played on an entire planet. To be futuristic for the first time and not like Watch Dogs... more like Blade Runner or Altered Space. 

AtmaDarkwolf

while I'd love to see destructible environments, economy, weather, etc(things the players can control, even if just remotely/minor), I know, that without SEVERE 'consequences to actions taken (IE Not just 'permadeath to current toon' but REAL long term 'if you do THIS, and get caught, which you most likely WILL be caught, your account will be flagged and if you 'survive' the event, your character and account, will be 'jailed' for years in-game' type consequences), it can't happen. If they DO that (IE the 'player driven environmental changes) the game world would end up, very quickly, becoming nothing but a smoking ruin/wasteland.

It only takes ONE tryhard in a hydra with a bit of luck, to 'murder' everyone in a lobby, imagine if only 5% of players with jacksh*ts trying to maximize the damage they can do.

Black_Jesus

Time travel with a flux compositor.

AdvangeMarius

Hair growing mechanic, EX: You have a bald head but during few day in-game, you hair grow back and you can get a haircut 

MARKUS.

Cock grow feature for better sex appeal

AdvangeMarius

If you want the game to be AO 18+ rating

MuffinMcFluffin

I remember the rumors in GTA:SA talking about how NPC's will have actual lives, homes to go to, etc. I would love for some of that to take place if possible.

I haven't read anything on RDR 2 yet, but I would reckon with the small number of buildings overall that they may work hard to make every interior accessible, and hopefully they'll all have something special in them to look at or do. I reckon a next-gen GTA game will also have many accessible interiors, though that would take a very, very long time to make (probably more so than the outside world).

I'd also love for them to really find a way to perfect the wanted level system, and not only that but not dumb it down for NPC's. It would be amazing for the police to go after them the same way they go after me should something happen, and that my guy does not override anything that they do.

MARKUS.
8 hours ago, MuffinMcFluffin said:

next-gen GTA game will also have many accessible interiors,

Who needs that when you have YOGA?!

Zorenic

Virtual Reality if Rockstar really wants to spice things up