Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Online: Discussion & Speculation


ivarblaauw

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Crrooss said:

Do you think characters in RDO would have a voice? It was one of the main reasons I was disappointed GTA Online. At least at the start. 

I hope so. I want to be able to interact with the NPCs the same way you can in single player instead of looking like a mute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Crrooss said:

Do you think characters in RDO would have a voice? It was one of the main reasons I was disappointed GTA Online. At least at the start. 

If this game is going to be more RPG styled, talking characters could actually make the role playing more restrictive. On the other hand, the lack of smartphone and it's menus and more interactions with NPCs and horses will be awkward with silent characters.

 

I've always wanted my GTA:O character to speak with posh British accent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Collibosher said:

If this game is going to be more RPG styled, talking characters could actually make the role playing more restrictive. On the other hand, the lack of smartphone and it's menus and more interactions with NPCs and horses will be awkward with silent characters.

 

I've always wanted my GTA:O character to speak with posh British accent.

I disagree. A Saints Row-styled voice customization would be neat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Collibosher said:

I've always wanted my GTA:O character to speak with posh British accent.

GAVIN?!! Gav? Ah... I am so worried... GAVIN?!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they'll implement voice customization they must include Scandinavian English, like the people at Manzanita Post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Several decently reputable news sources (i.e. Polygon, Variety) are claiming that Rockstar has announced the release date(s) of Red Dead Online. Excerpt from Polygon:

 

“Rockstar will launch Red Dead Online in beta form on Nov. 27, and it will initially be accessible only for owners of the Ultimate Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2. The following day, the beta will open up to those who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on its first day of release. On Thursday, Nov. 29, those who played the game in its first three days of release will get access. Then, on Friday, Nov. 30, online multiplayer will open up for all Red Dead Redemption 2 players.”

Edited by menganese
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Suddenly I'm livid I never bought the Ultimate edition lol

 

Oh well, it's just one day and who knows it might help soften the load on Wednesday. Hunting, fishing, treasure hunting and some sort of co-op narrative? Bliss ☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the Rockstarintel article. Even though I bought the UE and it benefits me, should this be true, I'm no fan of this sort of staggered release.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Staggered release does kinda suck but it does make sense. It'll allow them to judge the load better and HOPEFULLY lead to less server issues when the masses get in.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

"The beta, which is free for those who own the game, is designed to be the beginning of “Red Dead Online,” meaning that it won’t run for a limited time and that developers hope to allow players to keep their progress in the game "

wonder where is that guy that was arguing about this the other day, guess it's not that much of a beta after all isn't it boah?

 

I'm looking forward to this!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Staggered release does kinda suck but it does make sense. It'll allow them to judge the load better and HOPEFULLY lead to less server issues when the masses get in.

I'd be fine with staggering based on timezones etc. I just don't like the whole different editions have different release dates trend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do I hear ... staggered release ... me: :devil: Edit: nevermind, it's Wednesday for me then :)

Red Dea Online beta start time and release time

Access begins on each day at the following times: 8:30am EST / 5:30am PT / 1:30pm UK / 2:30pm Europe

  • Tuesday, November 27: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners.
  • Wednesday, November 28: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to Rockstar data.
  • Thursday, November 29: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to Rockstar data.
  • Friday, November 30: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.
Edited by Emmi
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'd be fine with staggering based on timezones etc. I just don't like the whole different editions have different release dates trend.

Honestly, it's better than timezone roll outs IMO. Releasing it based on where you live sucks for an online game.

 

They probably wanted a day 1 where they can get people in worldwide but without opening the floodgates too wide, this was probably the only way to do that seeing as a bajillion people played it on day 1 and they can't roll it out that way. Giving it to people who completed the SP would've been nice though, if that were possible which I dunno.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

Honestly, it's better than timezone roll outs IMO. Releasing it based on where you live sucks for an online game.

 

They probably wanted a day 1 where they can get people in worldwide but without opening the floodgates too wide, this was probably the only way to do that seeing as a bajillion people played it on day 1 and they can't roll it out that way. Giving it to people who completed the SP would've been nice though, if that were possible which I dunno.

This makes a lot of sense actually.

Link to post
Share on other sites

^ someones Jelly. Who cares I purchased the Ulitmate edition, Im I hyped. Somewhat, I guess it is what it is. Sometimes you gotta pay a bit extra. Plus, Its Rockstar, I always go all out with them. RDR2 is like my only game purchase apart from Origins last march.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

^ someones Jelly. Who cares I purchased the Ulitmate edition, Im I hyped. Somewhat, I guess it is what it is. Sometimes you gotta pay a bit extra. Plus, Its Rockstar, I always go all out with them. RDR2 is like my only game purchase apart from Origins last march.

 

13 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Here's the Rockstarintel article. Even though I bought the UE and it benefits me, should this be true, I'm no fan of this sort of staggered release.

No. Got no reason to be "jelly". I just don't like the staggered release trend.

 

Edit:

 

 

Edited by ALifeOfMisery
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

This makes a lot of sense actually.

It does. I feel for the people who does not own the UE but i think the reason is the servers not overloading in day 1

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

^ someones Jelly. Who cares I purchased the Ulitmate edition, Im I hyped. Somewhat, I guess it is what it is. Sometimes you gotta pay a bit extra. Plus, Its Rockstar, I always go all out with them. RDR2 is like my only game purchase apart from Origins last march.

I've just completed story mode completely and have nothing else to really do besides RDR Online. But one day ain't going to make the world of difference just a bit of annoyance.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RyuNova said:

f*ck right off. Guess I am staying away from here tomorrow.

A premature farewell to you all and a playful yet heartfelt f*ck all of you Ultimate Edition players. f*ck you. 

lol, it's just 1 day early for them :)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.