4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Online: Discussion & Speculation

ivarblaauw

8 minutes ago, Wolfboy20 said:

Umm why are ppl posting story spoilers iin this thread?? Is that allowed?

Thankfully I've missed any spoiler posts, but no, it isn't allowed.

Any story spoiler posts should be reported.

40 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Thankfully I've missed any spoiler posts, but no, it isn't allowed.

Any story spoiler posts should be reported.

Yeah i caught one but it seems fake sine its been said before and was proven to be false..i hope.

Not gonna lie, as much as online is hated, i'm quite keen to see how f*cked racing is hahaha. Carts and wagons are gonna be hilarious with people cheating.

Edited by deadasdisco
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, deadasdisco said:

Not gonna lie, as much as online is hated, i'm quite keen to see how f*cked racing is hahaha. Carts and wagons are gonna be hilarious with people cheating.

Social Club will be full of 0.01 second world record laps within a couple of days.

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, Mike R.L. said:

is there a tentative date for the Online drop yet? I've heard November 30th but obviously that's just rumour?

I saw something on twitter about the 18th. But as that's a Sunday I don't know if that's likely.

50 minutes ago, VercettiGuy said:

Do you think we get a trailer before the release?

I'm sure there will be a RDO gameplay trailer and information before release.

You know, I hope they use RDR 2's 'North Yankton' as Deathmatch maps this time. Deathmatches aren't canon so being there wouldn't need to be explained, it'd just make up for cooler gun fights

I am disappointed we never got any maps for North Yankton on GTA Online.

Edited by Shadowfennekin
  • Like 1
Just now, Shadowfennekin said:

You know, I hope they use RDR 2's 'North Yankton' as Deathmatch maps this time. Deathmatches aren't canon so being there wouldn't need to be explained, it'd just make up for cooler gun fights

I also really hope online utilizes the place you're talking about. At least I think I know where you're talking about? I don't know how much a can say here. I've just gotten to chapter 6.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

I am disappointed we never got any maps for North Yankton on GTA Online.

I think they will.

Story spoiler chapter 6

Guarma is fully explorable with it's own town and animals. Unlike North Yankton. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HockeyMike24 said:

I think they will.

Story spoiler chapter 6

Hide contents

Guarma is fully explorable with it's own town and animals. Unlike North Yankton. 

Yeah, that's what it has going for it. I think there could be some fun maps there!

The fact you can actually border glitch back to it just fine really seals the deal. Much like North Yankton, it's on the map just not accessible 

• Like 1

Anyone that posts Story Spoilers should be banned.

There is no legitimate reason to post them except to be an asshole. 

I mean this for anywhere that's not the dedicated Spoilers topic.

Even with Spoiler tags they should be labelled clearly and a note of the severity of the Spoilers. If you simply cannot word your post without the Spoilers then tag and label it. If you can and still post Spoilers then you should be Moderated. 

Edited by RyuNova
  • Like 4
17 hours ago, Jon Jon said:

I hope that we'll actually get to have facial hair instead of ass hairs glued to our faces. I hope that our hair and facial hair will grow overtime like in story mode. I want to make my guy look like an absolute wildman that lives up in the hills and lives off of the land while shooting at anyone on sight.

Honestly they had no excuse for how bad the facial hair was last gen, and they have even less excuse this gen. The way they handled it in GTAO is nothing less than laziness. I'll be heavily disappointed if facial hair in RDO doesn't function like it does in singleplayer, I'll be more than a little pi**ed off if Rockstar takes the "console limitations" excuse to try and weasel out of putting effort into optimizing the game for online and they just repeat what they did with GTAO and cut a bunch of cool singlplayer features instead.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, anarquista_duval said:

Will the entire map be available in the online session? This map is huge for 32 players only.

I hope so and don't see why not. The backlash should the map be cut down for online would be nothing short of savage.

8 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I hope so and don't see why not. The backlash should the map be cut down for online would be nothing short of savage.

I mean, in GTA Online if you start the "Meth'd Up" mission and you're in downtown LS you have to drive all the way to Sandy Shores... Imagine doing that in a map this size (in a horse) :D

Going from an extremity of the map to another will be unbearable unlike in GTA which map is much smaller and you have fast options like helicopters or planes.

Just now, anarquista_duval said:

I mean, in GTA Online if you start the "Meth'd Up" mission and you're in downtown LS you have to drive all the way to Sandy Shores... Imagine doing that in a map this size (in a horse) :D

Going from an extremity of the map to another will be unbearable unlike in GTA which map is much smaller and you have fast options like helicopters or planes.

Obviously this is a matter of opinion, but mine is that I'm actually looking forward to this aspect of online.

My two of my main issues with GTAO are that blips are always on and that it is so easy to target another player. With the RDR2 map being so vast and travelling that map is relatively slow, compared to GTAO, it will make targeting other players much more difficult. 

Personally I want blips off and have them triggered based on vicinity and activity. If I'm doing my own thing up in the mountains a player in Saint Denis shouldn't know I'm even there, but even in a blips always on situation, it would take an effort to travel to me, an effort I'm sure most players won't bother undertaking.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Personally I want blips off and have them triggered based on vicinity and activity. If I'm doing my own thing up in the mountains a player in Saint Denis shouldn't know I'm even there, but even in a blips always on situation, it would take an effort to travel to me, an effort I'm sure most players won't bother undertaking.

Totally agree with you in this part. Something like Deathmatches in GTAO where blips are hidden by default and only show (temporarily) if someone is in your field of vision or makes a certain noise close to you (eg: gunshot). Hopefully there will be no Lester to call to reveal players 😂

• Like 1

I find it stupid the intro is us getting caught and transported to prison as criminals.

Like we haven't done anything bad yet. 😅

Edited by Fun 2
7 minutes ago, anarquista_duval said:

Hopefully there will be no Lester to call to reveal players

Hopefully there is more common sense. 

I wouldn't mind if when killed you can see your killers blip for a period of time after. I'd also like to see a variety of options upon being killed, report to law, place bounty, 1v1 duel (an actual duel not a 1st person wiggle off), or simply mash X to respawn.

7 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

I find it stupid the intro is us getting caught and transported to prison as criminals.

The main thing I dislike about it is from a roleplay point of view. Yeah, we can still make up various scenarios as to why we're on the run, but I would have preferred a more open beginning for our online character.

41 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

What do you mean? What intro?

Just now, KingDoucheBag said:

What do you mean? What intro?

There's a leaked list of trophies for online, the one for completing the intro is called breakout, or something similar.

4 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

There's a leaked list of trophies for online, the one for completing the intro is called breakout, or something similar.

Ah, the trophy list leaked sometime ago.. I didn't read it then, i was a bit confused when I read about a breakout XD

52 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

The main thing I dislike about it is from a roleplay point of view. Yeah, we can still make up various scenarios as to why we're on the run, but I would have preferred a more open beginning for our online character.

They easily came up with a reason to make sure we don't work with the law.

"You are outlaws from the start"

• Like 1