3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Online: Discussion & Speculation

ivarblaauw

It hurts to not have PS4, I would have liked to ride with a John Marston like you lol

It was great to shoot in the cities, take land etc, a couple of gangs and BOOM, everyone knew what they had to do haha

3 hours ago, Marshall1288 said:

¡No puedo esperar a volver al viejo oeste en línea de nuevo! Extraño tanto ser parte de una pandilla y tener batallas libres con otras pandillas. Desafortunadamente, la mayor parte de mi antigua pandilla se fue por su cuenta , así que espero encontrar fácilmente nuevos jugadores para que puedan participar y disfrutar del juego. Agrégame a Playstation si también estás buscando un amigo para que te cuide la espalda mientras recorremos juntos el viejo oeste. También estoy interesado en escuchar ofertas de pandillas / pandillas si las hay todavía. Mi id de psn es Marshall128 8

It hurts to not have PS4, I would have liked to ride with a John Marston like you lol

It was great to shoot in the cities, take land etc, a couple of gangs and BOOM, everyone knew what they had to do haha

My crew will be recruiting for sure in RDR2. We started in GTAO as an MC, but we'll be moving to RDR2 in a big way. In GTA we are The Branded MC, in RDR2 we'll be The Branded Bandits.

• Like 2
Retroview1955

Hopefully there is no passive mode, so when scrubs try and run, I'll kill their horse and they're all mine for the griefing. 

#rdrtryhard

Edited by Retroview1955
  • Like 4
TheOriginalGunslinger

Question regarding the Achievements/Trophies for Red Dead Online...

Will these be locked when in the Red Dead Online Beta?

• Like 1
ALifeOfMisery
5 minutes ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

Question regarding the Achievements/Trophies for Red Dead Online...

Will these be locked when in the Red Dead Online Beta?

I'd not thought about that. It'll be interesting to see if the trophies are available at launch.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, VercettiGuy said:

When do you think we'll get RDO trailers?

My guess is only after launch of the main game

Well its starting to look that way but i can not for the life of me understand that . GTAV had its online trailer before launch . Its their real money maker. I just do not get waiting until after launch. Most game companies want as high launch sales as possible. Holding back on that info until after launch seems really odd. I was hoping and expecting something on it by this friday at the latest.

• Like 1
ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, VercettiGuy said:

When do you think we'll get RDO trailers?

My guess is only after launch of the main game

That's what I think. I can't see R* revealing the RDO gameplay trailer before RDR2 releases now. With the launch trailer coming tomorrow I think it leaves too little time pre release.

Self-Destructive Man
45 minutes ago, P.T. said:

Well its starting to look that way but i can not for the life of me understand that . GTAV had its online trailer before launch . Its their real money maker. I just do not get waiting until after launch. Most game companies want as high launch sales as possible. Holding back on that info until after launch seems really odd. I was hoping and expecting something on it by this friday at the latest.

The attention for now it's all on Single player, that's why we don't have a trailer yet. And the time intrrval between SP and RDO seems to be bigger than GTA V and GTAO, so it would be too soon to realease a trailer.

20 hours ago, Mafia Assassin® said:

The attention for now it's all on Single player, that's why we don't have a trailer yet. And the time intrrval between SP and RDO seems to be bigger than GTA V and GTAO, so it would be too soon to realease a trailer.

Well we dont know when it will be out yet for sure, but i have no reason to think it will be more than 3 weeks after launch personally. Which is only 1 week longer than GTAVO was released after launch. Which in reality was how long after launch we basically had to wait until it was stablized. So its not that much of a interval time lapse. 

I just dont get waiting until after launch. Launch sales #s is a big deal to all game companies . They want to see the highest sales numbers as possible at launch. They all ( including Rockstar) look at those numbers and hold a lot of value in them. I can not understand waiting until after launch to give details on Online. I still expect to see that info from friday - tuesday. 

CrimsonFolo

I think that they want to have the focus on them for as long as possible. Obviously they will get loads of attention nonetheless but staggering the releases means there is a lot more focus on them over a longer period of time. 

Plus this way, they force players to play the singleplayer. I know some people who would just play multiplayer straight off the bat and give no regards to singleplayer.

What I'm wondering is, is how Deadeye will work in multiplayer? Will it slow down time for everyone in view like Max payne 3 or will it function like Red Dead Redemption? Will the amount you carry be the same throughout or can it be upgraded in multiplayer?

TheOriginalGunslinger

Nostalgia

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, I wonder if “Titles” will appear above players names again or you could simply choose not to have one.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 4
VercettiGuy

Do you remember the guy at the campfire? Arthur kicks his leg, asks him for money and says "We've seen your name in our legend" or something like that.

Could it be that the guy was an online character and that scene is our introduction to online?

Stormingz
2 hours ago, VercettiGuy said:

Do you remember the guy at the campfire? Arthur kicks his leg, asks him for money and says "We've seen your name in our legend" or something like that.

Could it be that the guy was an online character and that scene is our introduction to online?

I don’t think so, there is an achievement/trophy called “breakout” or something along them lines, you get the achievement by breaking out of prison in RDO, so I’m assuming our introduction to RDO might be a prison break out of some sort.

That guy Arthur kicks in the trailer, might have something to do with the loan sharking side activity mentioned in the second gameplay video.

TheBearJewBC

For a good red dead community and posse on ps4, search for the Bareback Riders in communities, we are an upcoming red dead online organization

Commander S

Slipped under the radar, but here's the first look at RDO in action - it's a preview of the PS4 early-access DLC for both single-player and Online:

• Like 3
Commander S
4 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Promising, definitely!

Bit of an interesting detail about why the game's getting a named "beta" test this time, rather than GTAO's 'call it "launch", and use the early days to do field testing' approach (and why no concrete launch date's been given) - according to recent behind-the-scenes reports from Kotaku and Eurogamer, it might well be because (at time of writing, at least) they're still putting the finishing touches on it. To quote Jason Schreier's Kotaku piece (published on Tuesday 23rd):

"On Friday, Rockstar will release Red Dead Redemption 2, and next month, it will launch Red Dead Online, which some current employees are now crunching to finish. Then, Rockstar will move on to new projects. The work of making video games at Rockstar will continue, and it is unclear how much the process of creating them will change."

And to quote Tom Phillips' Eurogamer article, it's partly down to the main game hitting deadlines, and R*/T2 not wanting to miss the end-of-year release window:

"Of course, Rockstar has deadlines to hit and a parent company to serve. Red Dead Redemption 2 arrives in prime position to scoop up this year's big Christmas sales, and has already suffered several delays. Rockstar was unlikely to consider pushing the game back further - to the extent Red Dead Online will arrive later and with an unusual beta tag attached. But staff wish there had been more time, better planning, less stress.

"The public loves our products and while everyone loves complaining about waiting for them, waiting until they are ready is something I think people would understand," one person says. "Because the initial deadlines were obviously unobtainable and now we're releasing a multiplayer labelled in beta, which shows those deadlines don't work.""

• Like 1
coelacanth72

I suspect (hope?) R* will try to differentiate RDO from GTAO while probably following the same basic formula. GTAO will continue at least until gta6’s online mode is up and running, so R*s bottom line will be best served by keeping players invested in both. I’m curious what that’ll look like, hopefully more of an emphasis on PvE missions in and out of lobby. Racing doesn’t seem very doable but I could see a version of gta races working, maybe stage coaches with a driver and someone riding shotgun. In lobby it’d be cool to see them use the train, similar to how cargo runs work now, and also stagecoach robbery. Basically I’d like a more mature, collaborative version of gtao, which makes business sense to me. If we get a carbon copy of gtao with horses it’ll be an either/or proposition, R* needs to exploit both revenue streams until 6 comes out and everybody bails on the old gen platforms. I’m assuming we won’t get another gta till the next round of consoles. 

CrimsonFolo

I'm wondering how them horse mechanics would work in GTA Online, like if my horse gets shot by some random player, will i have to get a new one and build a bond again?. I'm also wondering if they're going to implement the item system into online. Like if i get low on health, i can quickly eat some beans or something and get healed up.

Commander S
26 minutes ago, Ol' Stinky Pete said:

I suspect that means something more like After Hours, where all the DJ side missions just started in regular Freemode, rather than needing to go through a lobby screen, then into a separate instance, then back out into Freemode (as was the case with contact missions).

So with RDO, you'll start in Free Roam, and missions will play out more like single-player. Indeed, RDR2 has missions blend seamlessly from cutscene to gameplay, so it might be referring to something like the widescreen-style black bars that appear during those gameplay-cutscene transitions.

• Like 2
Ol' Stinky Pete
13 minutes ago, Commander S said:

I suspect that means something more like After Hours, where all the DJ side missions just started in regular Freemode, rather than needing to go through a lobby screen, then into a separate instance, then back out into Freemode (as was the case with contact missions).

So with RDO, you'll start in Free Roam, and missions will play out more like single-player. Indeed, RDR2 has missions blend seamlessly from cutscene to gameplay, so it might be referring to something like the widescreen-style black bars that appear during those gameplay-cutscene transitions.

Ah gotcha thanks :)

4 hours ago, Ol' Stinky Pete said:

'Seamless'  PVE? 

It's a session type, there's "Private Session" and "Seamless PvE Session".

Like the Friendly Free Roam session in RDR Multiplayer, where players can't kill each other.

Edited by Fun 2
  • Like 3

The "seamless" part is odd though. Perhaps it's where the only mode for online PvE, where as PvP lobbies work a bit differently.

Seeing as it sounds like we're gonna get missions from NPC's in game (going by the achievements) it would make sense to have a dedicated PvE lobby as playing PvE in a lobby with PvP enabled would be chaotic as hell, so maybe PvP lobbies have certain PvE elements disabled?

• Like 2
Collibosher
On 10/23/2018 at 10:28 PM, Commander S said:

Slipped under the radar, but here's the first look at RDO in action - it's a preview of the PS4 early-access DLC for both single-player and Online:

I just saw that video for the first time. Female characters AND animated breasts confirmed!

Also, great song.

Commander S

All I can say is that if R* really has put PvE-only sessions (back) in, as opposed to GTAO, then halle-freakin'-lujah...

That's a really good sign that RDO will be more about engaging with the world and setting, rather than just using it as a playground for smashing toys together for cheap giggles.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, GenericGTAO said:

I speculate dinosaurs will be available online eventually....lol.  

Perhaps not dinosaurs - but I think mythical and ancient creatures are all but guaranteed. I fully expect to see unicorns, pegasi, hippogriffs, etc within a year or two. 
Who knows, maybe we'll see some rideable raptors.