3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ivarblaauw

Red Dead Online: Discussion & Speculation

saintsrow

I think everything will be intertwined within free roam.

-Activities

-Missions

It would be nice to create a continuity between single player and free roam, like (I think) the OP implied.

I'm hoping online will have a lot of co-op missions especially 2 player ones.

I really enjoy 4 player co-ops if you have the right people which is rare for me and there's more chance of someone quitting.

I think most 4 player co-op missions should have a system in place where if a player quits and NPC jumps in place or they design most of the missions do-able with 2 players or even 3.

QFT. I can't wait for RDROnline for many reasons, but foremost because of my time spent doing co-op in RDR1. My buddies and I are going back through the Outlaws To The End missions on XBone, just to get ready. Anyone who is raging against RDROnline just doesn't understand the joy of "Co-op of the Old West"! ;-)

*IF* the game design were balanced and fair, it would be great to have all the elements of SP, and still be in that story, but be able to meet up with friends online to do co-op quests like this.

However, given how brain-dead poorly GTA Online is designed, giving all the fun to asshole and exploiters, I don't have any confidence that Rockstar will be able to make a fun RDR2 Online experience, let alone tightly connect it to the SP story.
Edited by saintsrow

Modojo

A cool game mode that RDR2 should have is a scavenger type hunt. It would be nice to see teams hunting for certain animals and loot.

EVOLUT7ON

A cool game mode that RDR2 should have is a scavenger type hunt. It would be nice to see teams hunting for certain animals and loot.

absolutely agree!

For example, to kill grizzly you need a team with 4 members, each should distract the bear from different side / or one of you will be a bait to trap a wild animal and then boom: triple headshot and you are selling a fur in the nearest warehouse!

As for me, Im hyped for that kind of activity!

Chinese Takeout

Along these lines, I think it would be cool if players could hide/bury treasure (whatever that may be), and create their own Treasure Map that other players could use to try to find their treasure. Sorta like Geocaching, but without GPS tools. ;-)

FriendlyFireOFF

As it's another two week GTAO event and WD2 hits perhaps tomorrow we could get the first screens? Either way I'm sure we'll get some screens before the end of the year!

MCMXCII

Along these lines, I think it would be cool if players could hide/bury treasure (whatever that may be), and create their own Treasure Map that other players could use to try to find their treasure. Sorta like Geocaching, but without GPS tools. ;-)If we can do that, then I wager that we'll essentially be able to give other players money but up to an x amount per cache that we bury. For example, I wouldn't be able to bury every dollar that I had all at once and knowing Rockstar, there would probably be a cooldown as well.

I just thought of something. If we will have our own money that we can earn from various activities, we would have to ride to the nearest bank to deposit our money into without the help of a magical phone like what we have in GTAO. People will more than likely turn the bank's into a warzone. In an extreme what if scenario, imagine what will happen when someone robs a bank. Everyone who has deposited their money into that specific bank would lose all of their money or at the very least a good chunk of it. I hope that won't be the case but we all don't know what RDR2's online will truly be like. So it's possible that that is how it will be.

EVOLUT7ON

As it's another two week GTAO event and WD2 hits perhaps tomorrow we could get the first screens? Either way I'm sure we'll get some screens before the end of the year!

so > nothing except new vintage Esskey bike :(

alex3

We may get the first screens on Christmas Eve

MCMXCII

We may get the first screens on Christmas Eve

That's wishful thinking.

saintsrow

Along these lines, I think it would be cool if players could hide/bury treasure (whatever that may be), and create their own Treasure Map that other players could use to try to find their treasure. Sorta like Geocaching, but without GPS tools. ;-)

I want it to be like, when you get shot and your'e dying, somebody comes up, and with your last dying breath, you tell them you buried a treasure somewhere and give them the clues to find it.

But instead of a treasure, I'm going to bury a Black Mamba in a box.

éX-Driver

Hopefully they do a better job with the economy this time around. A Remington rifle shouldn't cost upwards of $1000 in a time when the average yearly income was around $500. I expect horses to be around $50 for a cheap nag up to $250 for a proper thoroughbred. Most weapons under $100 except for the rare and valuable stuff.

Here's hoping they also include some more vehicles of the time period. Assuming the game is set around 1905, bicycles should be common in every built up area, and in the most modern towns things like cars and motorcycles should be a semi-frequent occurance. Bicycles should be a given for us to be able to purchase, and cost less than $20. And if they allow us to buy motor cars and motorcycles, their prices and performance should be reflective of the period. With a V-Max of around 20-40mph, and costing upwards of $2000 for the newest and most advanced models. More or less the same speed as a horse, yet 10x the cost and much less capable in rough terrain. They'd mostly be a status symbol and a curiosity. Like how they were in period.

And it'd be a great way to skim money off shark card sales.

Regardless of what they do we can sleep easy knowing we won't have to deal with Hydras buzzing over our heads spamming explosive machine gun rounds, tanks spawn killing us, and 10 year olds in neon green armoured Kurumas hucking sticky grenades everywhere.

FriendlyFireOFF

:santa: I can see next Christmas RDRO having it's own Christmas DLC with lots of snow and a turkey vs turkey adversary mode! :santa:

Tony42898

Chrome horses and hunt the bigfoot freemode events.

Like "Cradders" and Neromes", Chrorses!"

saintsrow

Regardless of what they do we can sleep easy knowing we won't have to deal with Hydras buzzing over our heads spamming explosive machine gun rounds, tanks spawn killing us, and 10 year olds in neon green armoured Kurumas hucking sticky grenades everywhere.

That stuff will be in the "Time Warp Update," since all the kids will be asking for it, and GTA Online will be beyond its profit lifecycle, so Rockstar will need something to keep the online population spending. We'll have four years of jets and tanks in RDR Online, until the next GTA finally comes out.

confederatestatesgta

yea im going to be really happy not having to worry about all the modern day bs. sure i will miss my sports cars and planes but im happy to leave them back at los santos. i really hope rockstar makes multiplayer similar to the original redemptions multiplayer. i hope they add a fort similar to el presidio so we can do battles at the fort and fight off the police and other players. i would also like to have more co op missions like some people have already stated. the outlaws to the end pack was very fun. i hope they bring more stuff like that in. i know this is a minor thing but i also hope we can buy clothing too. im a big fan of clothing in video games and in redemption you couldent buy clothing. i really hope you can in rdr 2. there is plenty of clothing that could be used. i even have my gta online character dressed as a cowboy.

Jason

It'll be nice not having to look up so much for sure. It'll just be back to getting your horse sniped from across the map and your character flying headfirst into some cacti.

I think Rockstar learned a lesson with GTA Online towards the end and that lesson is matchmaking is bloody terrible. I can see nearly everything in RDR Online being set in free roam, with the CEO/MC system from GTAO being brought over and improved to create a more interesting Posse system from the original RDR. I just really hope this time around when you do stuff with a crew you are rewarded as a crew, and not as one rich guy and his minions. Also, minigames might be actually played this time around. Poker in particular if they bring that back.

Dee.

"10000RP$$$$$$100000GoldBrickGLITCH!!!!!JOIN!!!"

Pls no, R*

Jabalous

Pls no, R*

One of my painful GTA Online memories.

Dee.

Pls no, R*

One of my painful GTA Online memories.

I remember the first time ever saw it, I joined and got repeatedly spawn killed for 10 minutes

éX-Driver

Speaking of gold, I think it'd be neat if we can go prospecting. Panning in rivers for gold and silver and gemstones. That's the main reason people even went out west in large numbers, and why crime was such a problem. The pursuit of gold in the hills.

Make it a game of chance, most of the time you find nothing. But on rare occasions you'll get a few flecks, and on rarer occasions you'll get large amounts. Players constantly fighting each other for the best panning spots, trying to steal gold from each other.

Chinese Takeout

Make it a game of chance, most of the time you find nothing. But on rare occasions you'll get a few flecks, and on rarer occasions you'll get large amounts. Players constantly fighting each other for the best panning spots, trying to steal gold from each other.

Oh, it'll be a game of chance, alright! 90% of getting a few small nuggets or gems. BUT! If you want to increase your odds to 100% that you'll strike the motherlode, maybe I could interest you in this Treasure Map at the Rockstar store. They come in 3 varieties:

Shetland Pony ($4.99)

Mustang ($19.99)

Clydesdale ($99.99)

😉

Edited by Chinese Takeout

saintsrow

Speaking of gold, I think it'd be neat if we can go prospecting. Panning in rivers for gold and silver and gemstones. That's the main reason people even went out west in large numbers, and why crime was such a problem. The pursuit of gold in the hills.

Yes, I agree, all the old west tropes should be included in RDR2, like the gold rush in all its forms, in single player, just to provide more replayability and more random fun things to do.

But since Rockstar wants to drive us to Online, the gold rush will probably be reserved for RDR0, and will be heavily PvP oriented, as you suggest. The best we can hope for is that we can unlock a gold brick to use as a melee weapon, until we have to sell it for half its worth.

Oh, it'll be a game of chance, alright! 90% of getting a few small nuggets or gems. BUT! If you want to increase your odds to 100% that you'll strike the motherlode, maybe I could interest you in this Treasure Map at the Rockstar store. They come in 3 varieties:

Shetland Pony ($4.99)

Mustang ($19.99)

Clydesdale ($99.99)

And Rockstar has finally stooped to actual gold farming ...

Dee.

I guess we're not getting info this month...or the next...

ARTHUR.

Why?

Dee.

Why?

Because people have been expecting info in November, December, and this month. Also, its January 27th..don't think we'll see anything

Kirsty

Take Two's financial conference call is on 7th February, there's still time yet, it'd be a great time for their investors to reveal *something*

(although it's easy to convince ourselves of that since we're thirsty for info)

ARTHUR.

February has two r's in, Red Dead Redemption has two r's in. We will see something this Februrary.

Spider-Vice

Take Two's financial conference call is on 7th February, there's still time yet, it'd be a great time for their investors to reveal *something*

2012 still hurts! :p

Dee.

2012 still hurts! :p

Oh God yes... That was awful what they did for us.. I remember that random AandA in the summer where they showed 2 screenshots and the whole internet went berserk lol XD

BöömBäpper

I really hope the online will not have some stupid animal masks and face paints and other unfitting customisation options, like in gta online that will destroy the feeling of the old west.

I hope it haves just normal old time clothing and stuff that you could imagine see in real life in those times.