3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ivarblaauw

Red Dead Online: Discussion & Speculation

Commander S
12 hours ago, E•MO•TION said:

It was until I started getting spammed with calls, messages, and notifications every. single. f*cking. time. I launched the game and with no way of disabling them. It's funny considering all of these updates over the years were intended to keep me, the player, coming back. Instead, it's turned me off completely.

gg R*

And the only way to get rid of some of those spam messages is to buy all the stuff - which is expensive, for starters (and you'll still get nagged if you don't use some of them enough!).

On top of that, what if you don't want to own a bunker or a nightclub? Well, guess that means constant spam every time you start a session, and also missing out on an entire update's worth of new gameplay features.

Imagine the game being like that at launch - you're perfectly happy driving around in a Dominator you picked up for free, but the game keeps cold-calling you, because you haven't forked out $1 million for an Adder yet... :sui:

Krieg

Personally i hope they let us put up our outlaw hide outs where ever we want same goes with regular camps. It would be nice for them to take a smile note from things like ark and conan or even the forest and let us build our humble abodes where we desire. I mean this map is absolutely massive and only going to get bigger after all.

ALifeOfMisery

Krieg
21 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Bro thats bull thats from one of the story missions.

CakeLuv
32 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Guess you didn't bother clicking the link huh lol

ALifeOfMisery
35 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Dude, that isn't the leaked image. Go to the article, it's there. 

They chose not to host the image and I also chose to not post it here. Because I assume R* would have it taken down.

Krieg

Statement retracted.

ALifeOfMisery
1 minute ago, Krieg said:

Statement retracted.

It's all good. 

The image doesn't tell us much we didn't already know from the leaked trophy list.

The "Breakout" trophy for completing the intro was pretty clear. We knew we'd be breaking out of somewhere, the leaked image hints towards us breaking out of a locked cart on the way to jail, rather than out of jail itself is all.

Jabalous

I think Online will be revealed next week and launch the last week of the month, or the release plans might have changed and Beta has been pushed a couple of weeks to a month. 

Mafia Assassin®

GTA Online was released 2 weeks after GTA V. Kinda surprising we nearing a month since RDR2 release, and we still have no hint about a possible release date, and not even any info or trailer.

StormerBoy

^What's even more surprising is that there aren't too many in here taking about it.

ALifeOfMisery
4 minutes ago, StormerBoy said:

^What's even more surprising is that there aren't too many in here taking about it.

I guess the RDR2 SP is so rich with content that there isn't that many itching to get into RDO.

To be fair single player is keeping me more than occupied, but I'd still like some RDO news and information.

Commander S
9 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

The "Breakout" trophy for completing the intro was pretty clear. We knew we'd be breaking out of somewhere, the leaked image hints towards us breaking out of a locked cart on the way to jail, rather than out of jail itself is all.

Hmm - unless we're breaking someone else out, I guess. I could get behind that...

Trouble is, either way, every character in RDO is going to have the same 'origin story' - bit like how every Guardian in Destiny defeated the same named villains, every GTAO character (who played The Doomsday Heist, at least) took down Avon Hertz, every Star Trek Online character was on that exact same training cruise gone wrong with Elisa Flores and the others, etc. :rol:

And again, the thought that we're all going to be stuck as the same kind of pre-defined generic outlaw type, before we've even gotten past the opening cutscene - MFW:

tumblr_mhveltIYnC1qf1p10o1_500.gif

Krieg

Honestly i don't mind if the date was pushed back some. Personally i can't stand single player games just because their life span is so much shorter for me than a multiplayer game's as i can screw around with friends on those. If they push it back my hope is they will make some important changes to the following.

1. Make the experience unique. We don't need another GTA online with a different setting this needs to different i don't mind that they are taking successful things from GTA online and porting them like bank heists and crap thats just smart to use something you know works well but you should build on it. 

2. Make it so it is single player friendly so you don't have to have a group to do anything. I mean its kinda a pain for things that require alot of people you have to coordinate everyone's lives so that your all on at the same time to do big things. Because that just isn't going to work for people in different regions or that have jobs.

3. The home system should work with the massive map they have given us. We all know its only going to get larger as time passes and people continue to join. So why not make it so we can build our own homes or outlaw camps wherever we want? Just make sure we can't block major spawns or build in towns and crap like that. That would really set this game apart from GTA having the ability to set you own home wherever you want it. Oh? you want a cave house no problem oh you want a river boat house go for it. Oh you want a hanging off a cliff wall house good idea. You want to be a nomad and live in a camp well that works too.

4. They need to improve the Ai's response to damage. Shooting someone in the leg needs to cripple the leg not kill them or completely be shrugged off. Same goes with arms and other non fatal but essential areas.

5. Bring the lasso back! Let us rope other players loads of us were looking forward to doing really stupid funny stuff with the lasso. If your worried about people greifing with it thats an easy fix! Put in a quick button mash even called struggle so that you can get loose and put a cool down on the lasso so that people can't spam it.

These kinds of things would really do alot for the game i am sure. I know that the Ai's response to damage bothers the heck out of me in single player. Don't get me wrong i know that number 3 would be very hard to implement but i am sure that rockstar could pull that off. 

IamCourtney
16 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Interesting. We already pretty much knew about the jailbreak start conditions but from the looks of this pic it seems we might be starting out down around Rhodes/St. Denis area...

Fun 2

If you look at the leaked pic and observe the location in-game, you can see that the prison wagon is going to Rhodes/St. Denis and the train just took off from Saint Denis.

If we happen to escape via the train, we are likely to end up at Emerald Ranch or Heartland Oil Fields or even Valentine.

Also since the train is from St Denis, we can rob the passengers for some money.

Edited by Fun 2

ALifeOfMisery

Hopefully the intro breakout mission doesn't leave our character with a big bounty that effectively locks us out of the Scarlett Meadows/Bayou NWA area, artificially blocking our access to the full map when the intro is over.

I'll be a little p*ssed if I have to grind to pay off a bounty right from the start just so I have access to Rhodes and Saint Denis.

TheSadisticOwl

I kinda feel like the breakout intro will be a Far Cry-esque sort of intro, where you have to run away from your enemies unarmed until you end up getting rescued by someone else. That someone else could end up being the first mission giver of RDO and relay you the tutorials.

Jabalous

Cabins for sale in Online, I reckon. 

5197ls4hu1z11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

DSandvik
8 hours ago, Jabalous said:

Cabins for sale in Online, I reckon. 

5197ls4hu1z11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Being able to buy, and furnish these in different styles would be amazing for online

TheLordMarvel

Let's hope we can buy more land to have a

Beechers Hope style house

. That place is huge son!! 

AdmiralAssclown

I would love nothing more than to be able to buy an empty plot of land, choose the style of house/cabin to build there, and watch it be built over time, gradually adding stuff over time.

Not sure how it would work if another player had the same spot as you though. Maybe only load you into a session where that spot is empty? 

Would be really cool if every time you loaded in to a new session, there were different player houses in different locations.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less I think Rockstar could pull that off

Krieg

The only real problem i can see 

15 minutes ago, AdmiralAssclown said:

I would love nothing more than to be able to buy an empty plot of land, choose the style of house/cabin to build there, and watch it be built over time, gradually adding stuff over time.

Not sure how it would work if another player had the same spot as you though. Maybe only load you into a session where that spot is empty? 

Would be really cool if every time you loaded in to a new session, there were different player houses in different locations.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less I think Rockstar could pull that off

Dude Why should we have to buy plots of land or each house change in different sessions? Just let us build where we want and if someone can force us off our land then they get it. Just like in story mode. We have dynamite, firebottles and loads more destroying houses would be a breeze and easy to keep clutter down. They should go the way ark and conan went. Heres the map build where you want and fight to defend your claim.

IamCourtney

Alas, if the single player experience of trying to set up camp on a reasonably flat spot only to be teleported a half mile away to a R* Approved campsite is any indication, I think we can safely assume that Build Anything Anywhere won't be how things work in RDRO...