2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Eddo

Who paid for all that food ordered in the "Drive-Thru" mission?

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who paid for the food?

• CJ
    • Sweet
    • Ryder
    • Big Smoke
    • Everyone, collectively

The Eddo
Posted (edited)

Now, many of you talk about Big Smoke's large order in the "Drive-Thru" mission, but the real question is, who paid for all that food?

Edited by The Eddo

Am Shaegar
Posted (edited)

I think Big Smoke. It was his idea to go out and eat because he was hungry

Edited by Am Shaegar

The Eddo

I say Sweet paid for it.

Evil empire

John "Bogus" Doe

DirtCheap

During the scene when they get the food, they see some Ballas driving to their hood and then chase after it. I think that before they could pay for the food, they spotted the Ballas and hit on the gas.

Domac

None of them did. They saw the Ballas and drove off to chase after them.

∴

It can't be CJ, because the amount of money you carry doesn't change.

universetwisters

It was Free Cluckin Bell day and Big Smoke took great advantage

Am Shaegar
Posted (edited)

During the scene when they get the food, they see some Ballas driving to their hood and then chase after it. I think that before they could pay for the food, they spotted the Ballas and hit on the gas.

6R4PQL.gif

Happens quite later...

Now, I don't know how "drive thru" food counters work in america, but I suppose you have at pay first at the counter (BiG Smoke can be clearly seen picking up the order from the attendant) and only then you can pick up the order.

In the cutscene, the car can be clearly seen leaving the counter and then turning left by driving in the opposite lane. They notice ballas only after the car stops here.

As far as the topic is concerned, I can only find Big Smoke as "more likely" to pay for the order.

Edited by Am Shaegar

JackBladePlayz

everyone paid for he's food wanted :D

lil weasel

As if the finances matter in anyway.

My personal experience is:

1. Everybody gives their share to the Driver, who then pays.

2. Everybody gives their share to the backseat driver side passenger.

3. Rare that any One person treats everybody,by paying the whole bill.

Awesom-0

I think a better question would be "How did the employee manage to fit 9 whole orders in 1 bag?" Sandwiches, Fries, and drinks.

Also, how did they manage to serve them as fast as they did? 

GTA-Biker

I guess everyone paid for their own food,except CJ (since the amount of money he has doesn't change after the cutscene,and the fact that he has just returned to LS and didn't have much money,my guess is that Sweet probably paid for his food)

The Eddo

The best guess of all:

Ryder, nigga.

∴

Another thought - this particular restaurant is fairly close to home turf, and is included in the areas available for takeover when the gang war mechanic is added. It is possible that the employee is a member of GSF (or is in someway affiliated with them), and they regularly hook the boys up with free food. This seems likely, because at no point do we see any money being exchanged despite witnessing the entire ordering process.

The Eddo
8 hours ago, ∴ said:

Another thought - this particular restaurant is fairly close to home turf, and is included in the areas available for takeover when the gang war mechanic is added. It is possible that the employee is a member of GSF (or is in someway affiliated with them), and they regularly hook the boys up with free food. This seems likely, because at no point do we see any money being exchanged despite witnessing the entire ordering process.

That's the best answer one can get.

Am Shaegar

It doesn't make sense to me that the Ballas would allow someone who is affiliated with a rival gang member to work in a store located on their stronghold, and regularly let them have large amount of free food, and without the store manager taking any objection to this either

The Eddo
2 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

It doesn't make sense to me that the Ballas would allow someone who is affiliated with a rival gang member to work in a store located on their stronghold, and regularly let them have large amount of free food, and without the store manager taking any objection to this either

Perhaps one can say the Ballas don't know who he is?

Am Shaegar

I can claim that could be an informer of the Ballas. To support my theory, the Ballas car turns around and starts shooting on Sweet's  car. the timing of the Ballas arriving at the store while they are eating food itself is quite suspicious. The rival gang members often wait for such opportunities, and informers help them know about the movements of any gangs around their territory.

HfUxOiG.gif

∴

Well then for all we know, this could go deeper. The whole trip could be a set-up.

Hmmm nice bike
19 hours ago, Am Shaegar said:

I don't think fast food management is a business the Ballas are involved in, so as long as the guy who we think may be affiliated with GSF doesn't wear green, they'd have no way of knowing who he is.

Am Shaegar
1 hour ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

I don't think fast food management is a business the Ballas are involved in, so as long as the guy who we think may be affiliated with GSF doesn't wear green, they'd have no way of knowing who he is.

I used the term "allow" someone to take orders for free. It doesn't matter who he is, and yes, if they are regular visitors (as it appears from the dialogues at the start of the mission), then its not so difficult to pass this info to the Ballas that these people are quite often seen to this particular spot. Who passes this info? That's my version of the theory as a counter that I have already shared by talking about the possibility of an informer.

Also, I don't find any evidence in game that these guys would be interested in buying food for free on a regular basis. No indication any where in the mission about the food being free. Even the cluckin' bell guy speaks in a formal manner, Can I take your order, please?, which is how you address the customers generally, and not someone you know or are affiliated with. I would certainly expect some exchange of words between the store guy and the grive street boys, if they are a regular visitors and know each other very well.

None of that is happening, and makes this theory least plausible to me, compared to other responses in the thread so far.

∴

It would depend how high up the chain you go I suppose. We don't really know how it would work because everywhere operates differently. My current canon is that this is a regular spot, and the boys do indeed get free food, whether this is from a server who is down with the GSF but doesn't want their boss to know (hence the formal greeting) or the manager themselves are. This way, there's two possible outcomes:

i) the Ballas were tipped off by a now disgruntled employee.

ii) the Ballas were aware this was a regular haunt, and decided to catch them with their hands in a fries bag.

Recommended

A set up? Personally I find that to be a weak argument considering the Ballas could have easily taken potshots if they was serious enough to take down CJ and his crew. They even take the time to do a quick 180 turn without firing a single shot. Real gangs that do drivebys don't usually waste time in gunning down their targets, and in a careless manner.

Also, saying it was free because the employee was a member of GSF or in some way associated with GSF doesn't hold if you ask me. No fast food company would give out freebees, especially on a regular basis. That wouldn't go unnoticed.

As far as who paid for it, I'd have to say Big Smoke. R* just didn't put enough attention to detail to give visuals regarding it.

It's pure coincidence the Ballas turn up during this time.

It seems to me they was driving past, noticed the Greenwood and checked it out as it's a common GSF car, then discovered it's the Johnson boys, and decided to quickly get out of there and escape back to the heart of their own territory. That is the exact direction they was driving towards during the chase. So the idea of a set up... sounds cool enough but just doesn't hold.

GTA_CAT

Maybe in the drive-throughs of SA you first order and get the food and then you pay on the next window. They stop the car after having recieved the order on the other side of the building but before being able to pay, the Ballas car spot them and they just leave to pursue it.

I don't think they could get free food, specially when Ryder spends time robbing fast food chains like the Well Stacked Pizza in the homonym mission.

Finally it could be possible than BS planned it all, remember in that mission is when we realize about the Sabre attack and the fact BS lives outside the hood, added to the time it lasts for him to take the order.

The Eddo
11 hours ago, GTA_CAT said:

Maybe in the drive-throughs of SA you first order and get the food and then you pay on the next window. They stop the car after having recieved the order on the other side of the building but before being able to pay, the Ballas car spot them and they just leave to pursue it.

I don't think they could get free food, specially when Ryder spends time robbing fast food chains like the Well Stacked Pizza in the homonym mission.

Finally it could be possible than BS planned it all, remember in that mission is when we realize about the Sabre attack and the fact BS lives outside the hood, added to the time it lasts for him to take the order.

Ryder never spends time robbing food stores on purpose, he only did that in the "Ryder" mission because the pizza guy working there kept painting over Grove Street's graffitis.

TarRebririon

They never paid it. Saw Ballas, hit the gas, guns ready except for BIG Smoke munching on his food. Imagine the cashier face when they left.

The Eddo
On 6/10/2018 at 2:50 PM, TarRebririon said:

Imagine the cashier face when they left.

Yeah, he would have been like:

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

lil weasel

No Money to the cashier, then No Food is handed over to the driver.

Pay first, food last. 

You young'ens may not know it, but Paying for Food before getting it was the BIG DEAL about the new fangle fast food restaurants (McDonald's). Up until then people were served,  paying was the last thing done before leaving the restaurant.

LordStarship

Better question than this:

How do they get their order after 1 minute or less? The order is like this:
- Number 9: 4 and a large one

- Number 6: 2 with extra dip

- Number 7: 1

- Number 45: 1 and 1 other with cheese

- Soda: Large one

If Cluckin' Bell is a fast food order but they get their food after 1 min or less we can conclude that they using frozen food like Wendy's?

Also yeah i think Cluckin' Bell is a business affiliated with GSF but isn't Cluckin' Bell in Willowfield not in Ganton? How can a business in a gang territory can be affiliated with their enemy gang? The best answer i get is only this:

They not even paid. They get the food and eat it and then spotted by Ballas and then go away. 

However there is another possibility that when they get the food they pay it at the same time. When the camera shows the top of the car someone could give his/their money to CJ so they all can pay it. But yes who is the one that pay?

Also there is also a possibility that one of the Cluckin' Bell Employee calls Ballas that CJ and their homies are there. I come with that idea after i played that mission 3 times or so.

And another also that the better question i mentioned is another person's question so don't say that i copy paste his comment without giving the credits of the owner.