uNi

RDR2 Trailer #3 - Analysis and Discussion

lesrima88

for a while i thought this was javier..

q0O7w5i.png

but it turns out to be a new black character

q2e4LmU.png

Pepperjack

I'm hella curious who these guys are and what their significance is.

Uncle in the middle.

cLdOZzx.jpg

Another shot of uncle

Edited by Pepperjack

Cozzi

so does 1899 mean that we'll see jack be born? 12 years so i gueess not? im not sure, idk how old he was in the first game. 16?

Harbz

Looks like gta will be going back in its case for a bit. Wonder if we will be able too dupe horses :D

Money Over Bullshit

so does 1899 mean that we'll see jack be born? 12 years so i gueess not? im not sure, idk how old he was in the first game. 16?

16 in the first part, 19 in the second. So no. At this point he will already be around 4 years old and John and Abigail will already be part of the gang.

Safari

Two minutes trailer but one minute of it black screen with reading.Almost every shot with train like some documentary of Island of Sodor.

I hate these trailers that show literally nothing, but they are eager to put preorder immediately.

If I compare to second trailer of GTA V or better third with protagonists.This is mediocre...

stop bitching we have just got into R* 5 month marketing period we should see a lot more through out these 5 months

Im not interested of dozens of mediocre trailers, I want few spectaculars.Like old rockstar games delivered.

lmao its may 2nd and this is our only third trailer and you get an impression that they will produce mediocre trailers we've just hit the 5 month marketing period this is a time we would get tons of juicy info there has only been three trailers what do you want them to spoil the entire story while there at it just relax we got something a 2min trailer is better than nothing.

Edited by Safari

greenrock

So do we know who the protagonist is?

Safari

herbert moon

Cutter De Blanc

Plot Twist: It's Uncle

I like how he looks the exact same, just like John described

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

P.T.

"We all know Rockstar doesn't care about single player, this trailer is false advertising!"

Uh, lol. Maybe this proves otherwise? Haha. The Benz is gone. The Benz is the one who was pushing for GTAO and didn't want to work on SP DLC when the Houser Bros did. Their development director didn't want to work on SP DLC. Let that sink in. The Benz' new studio/company is developing a f*cking multiplayer game. The rest of Rockstar has been working on RDR2 while they've had a small team work on GTAO and keep it on its last legs.

Pretty silly to say that 100% for a fact Rockstar doesn't care about SP. Still can't say it now until the game comes out and we see how RDR2's SP is, but it's looking hopeful.

It's looking promising for SP players for sure, but you never know, it's Rockstar after all. Almost every GTA V trailer was about SP as well.

Well , correct me if im wrong here. But GTA V was basically two games. SP and Online. The majority of all the first stuff in trailers was for the SP part . They then did a complete video for Online on its own didnt they? I mean they basically are making it two games . They wont be giving out Online info in depth i feel until about Aug-Sept. Until then i think it will mostly focus on the SP part.

A Nickname For All

7OvzP3M.png

hpmHrc2.png

Unforgettable...

greenrock

I mean is it just Arthur or multiple protags?

loyletomycapo

Multiple. Here they are.

2NVHShV.jpg

joshua969

Multiple. In fact, you can play as EVERYONE you see in the game. Possibly animals too.

SuperKitsune

My thoughts on trailer #3

First of all 1899 is a briliant year for this game to take place in. Either 1899 or 1901 are strong number in my opinion. They're symbolic in the fact that they show the decline of the old west.

Also this shows that John is already a dad of four year old Jack and might not be so rutheless as we expect him to be.

Also Arthur's melee moves look smooth and natural. The gun block and counter + takedown from hip level are moves that are quite realistic to pull off in real life.

You can also see the indian guy fight in a cage a la gta iv. This might show he is a playable character after all.

Lastly, I think..and I really hope it isn't the case, the game will end in tragedy. The music, the theme and the close up of Arthur in despair kinda set the bar.

Spider-Vice

Most likely! Banana checks out. :p

Jimmy

Talking of animals, Chop had AI in GTA V. Will there be some sort of AI for Arthur or any of the other character's horse(s)?

Dee.

Cannot wait to shoot lamps again to burn enemies

Cutter De Blanc

Talking of animals, Chop had AI in GTA V. Will there be some sort of AI for Arthur or any of the other character's horse(s)?

.Have you not played the original? The horses have AI, all the animals do

mombo2811

I really want to know who the blonde girl is to Arthur could she be a love interest? And i didnt like how they made Arthur seemed to lack so much confidence (like him telling the blonde women that its done or when Dutch tells him they wont crush us)or he wasnt as badass/scary as he was in the 2nd trailer ....

Edited by mombo2811

MC.

i think Edgar Ross is actually the guy in the middle while the other one you circled is his brother Phillip Ross

swFHBUy.png

Ross anyone?

Dee.

I wonder the the lady that says "you'll never change" is Dutchs wife?

Safari

​hdZwlvC.jpg

I was thinking that this scene could be showing Arthurs deceased families graves and maybe something tragic happened to them, maybe Arthurs just paying a visit.

what do y'all think???

Edited by Safari

Vitalize

âhdZwlvC.jpg

I was thinking that this scene could be showing Arthurs deceased families graves and maybe something tragic happened to them, maybe Arthurs just paying a visit.

what do y'all think???

It could be that grave yard that lady was grieving that kids father in the second trailer. Ill keep her in black, on your behalf. Edited by Samcrow

Safari

âhdZwlvC.jpg

what do y'all think???

It could be that graveyeard that lady was grieving that kids father in the second trailer. Ill keep her in black, on your behalf.

could be but the tone, like how Arthur is snooping away from the graves makes it seem like the people buried were important to him. Also in the second trailer the graves were not covered in wheat or tall grass but rather short grass. idk just looks too depressing to be some randoms graves he's walking away from.

Edited by Safari

AGNT009

Im glad all you guys remember so many story details of RDR, Ive nearly forgotten all of it. Was Morgan even a character mentioned in RDR1?

Vitalize

Im glad all you guys remember so many story details of RDR, Ive nearly forgotten all of it. Was Morgan even a character mentioned in RDR1?

not one bit. I played through it about a month ago and didnt recall hearing anything about him.

Striker_Blitz

Hey guys i was just watching the trailer again and just before John appears there's someone who say's "get out here" as he proceeds to draw the knife on John, after this it cuts to a scene of Arthur who seems to be looking out of a window and watching this happen. So my point is, who was holding John hostage? Will Arthur have to save him? possibly sacrificing himself?