1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

uNi

RDR2 Trailer #3 - Analysis and Discussion

Money Over Bullshit

The gang's all here.

WQYKGe5.jpg

I think blondie could be Landon Ricketts.

P.T.

well hope that holds everyone over until July-August when we finally maybe hear something more about the game......Im not surprised by it, but honestly it dont get me hype for the game at all. No gameplay, just made to look nice quick cut scenes. Of course it looks good.Still dont know that much more than before about the game itself. Oh well....

ThereIsNoBathroom

8sYyWoF.jpg

D E A G E D

N-F-C

Still got doubt about this , rockstar really need to win me over again since the " gta v debacle" ( for me ), so i'll take the wait and see approach even if it's look promising

well hope that holds everyone over until July-August when we finally maybe hear something more about the game......Im not surprised by it, but honestly it dont get me hype for the game at all. No gameplay, just made to look nice quick cut scenes. Of course it looks good.Still dont know that much more than before about the game itself. Oh well....

IGN will do a coverage of the game tomorrow , with exclusive , they were talking about a "scotland event " where they were invited , so looks like that Edinburgh secret meeting was real

Rykane

I was watching the trailer reveal on the IGN livestream and they said that they will have way more info as well as "gameplay impressions" tomorrow at 7am pacific time. So I think we're going to start seeing far more info about the game. Maybe even the latest game informer will be on RDR2.

Safari

​T8Fd2gR.jpg

Abigail Marston????

Ondr4H

Two minutes trailer but one minute of it black screen with reading.Almost every shot with train like some documentary of Island of Sodor.

I hate these trailers that show literally nothing, but they are eager to put preorder immediately.

If I compare to second trailer of GTA V or better third with protagonists.This is mediocre...

Legomanarthur

Looks good! Somehow, I knew they would show John Marston in this trailer, I just had that feeling right before launching it.

Hopefully this one will come to PC.

piospi

Isn't it a false advertising at this point? We all know that Rockstar doesn't care about single player, so why each consecutive trailer is focusing 100% on a story? Their main business model is obviously online. As a someone who cares only about single player I felt cheated with GTAV and can't shake the feeling of being cheated again.

Edited by piospi

Safari

Two minutes trailer but one minute of it black screen with reading.Almost every shot with train like some documentary of Island of Sodor.

I hate these trailers that show literally nothing, but they are eager to put preorder immediately.

If I compare to second trailer of GTA V or better third with protagonists.This is mediocre...

stop bitching we have just got into R* 5 month marketing period we should see a lot more through out these 5 months

Edited by Safari

ThereIsNoBathroom

​T8Fd2gR.jpg

Abigail Marston????

I doubt. Abigail doesn't have that big mole on her cheek and her eye color is different, not brown. Other guys from previous game looks recognizable but this woman doesn't look as Abigail. Also she might be Arthur's wife/ex wife. (Say hello to Franklin and Tanisha)

Edited by ThereIsNoBathroom

N-F-C

Isn't it a false advertising at this point? We all know that Rockstar doesn't care about single player, so why each consecutive trailer is focusing 100% on a story? Their main business model is obviously online. As a someone who cares only about single player I felt cheated with GTAV and can't shake the feeling of being cheated againIY

You're not alone in this thinking

Jabalous

Nice trailer, and it really looks the story will be very deep and emotional.

What did I see and hear? Marston, Uncle, Outlaws joining Dutch and believing in his cause, beautiful night sky in the camping scene, great character models, and as always, great music.

Safari

Isn't it a false advertising at this point? We all know that Rockstar doesn't care about single player, so why each consecutive trailer is focusing 100% on a story? Their main business model is obviously online. As a someone who cares only about single player I felt cheated with GTAV and can't shake the feeling of being cheated again.

you don't know if online will be the main focus for RDR2 so as of now its not false advertising. Devs said themselves SP will be the main focus of RDR2 as its the whole reason of the creation of RDR to have a ground breaking story if they wanted to have another way to milk online they could have easily made GTA6 and made billions of dollars.

MrHarlow

The gang's all here.

WQYKGe5.jpg

I dont think thats Landon Ricketts. John has never met him before the first game. Also I think newspapers say Landon Ricketts was a lawman.

Blondie does look badass though.

Stannard96

Looks good, very atmospheric. Becoming ever more clear that it’ll be a single protagonist (Arthur). This was my biggest fear so thank f*ck for that. Arthur looks like a badass, John looks like a Mexican.

Ondr4H

stop bitching we have just got into R* 5 month marketing period we should see a lot more through out these 5 months

Im not interested of dozens of mediocre trailers, I want few spectaculars.Like old rockstar games delivered.

Mack__

So don't buy the game

ThereIsNoBathroom

TuP8eIE.jpg

BLACKWATER GRAND THEATER

Edited by ThereIsNoBathroom

redNdead

its amazing how some of yall are acting so ungrateful for this trailer as if yall havent been whining about the lack of rdr 2 info for months

wagszilla

The gang's all here.

I dont think thats Landon Ricketts. John has never met him before the first game. Also I think newspapers say Landon Ricketts was a lawman.

Blondie does look badass though.

I don't think it is either.

But the game starts with the Blackwater Massacre setting off the events of the game. Landon Ricketts was there.

It seems there are two separate gangs that form into Dutch's gang and then that gangs break up, leading into the events of Red Dead Redemption 1.

Playstation Blog:

America, 1899. The end of the wild west era has begun as lawmen hunt down the last remaining outlaw gangs. Those who will not surrender or succumb are killed.

After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him.

The media embargo ends tomorrow. We will be getting much more information then.

Edited by wagszilla

redNdead

in my opinion, i thought the trailer was great! i mean we pretty well confirmed that john is making a come back which is really f*cking cool, and the graphics looked so good. im stoked!! i only watched it once cause im at work so i missed most of the audio and stuff so once i watch im in full depth, um sure ill notice more amazing things!

piospi

you don't know if online will be the main focus for RDR2 so as of now its not false advertising. Devs said themselves SP will be the main focus of RDR2 as its the whole reason of the creation of RDR to have a ground breaking story if they wanted to have another way to milk online they could have easily made GTA6 and made billions of dollars.

You are right. But we know that there will be online mode, and we know from the past how they tend to prioritize online over single player to the point of scrapping announced single player content, updates etc. I just think that their communication is misleading pre- and post-release and would need more clarification for who they cater for.

Edited by piospi

mombo2811

is this john next to arthur?

5834b2eaa95b6f626389ade535a324b1.png

SeniorDerp

I thought so when I saw it, really looks like him

ThereIsNoBathroom

Yes.

cp1dell

"We all know Rockstar doesn't care about single player, this trailer is false advertising!"

Uh, lol. Maybe this proves otherwise? Haha. The Benz is gone. The Benz is the one who was pushing for GTAO and didn't want to work on SP DLC when the Houser Bros did. Their development director didn't want to work on SP DLC. Let that sink in. The Benz' new studio/company is developing a f*cking multiplayer game. The rest of Rockstar has been working on RDR2 while they've had a small team work on GTAO and keep it on its last legs.

Pretty silly to say that 100% for a fact Rockstar doesn't care about SP. Still can't say it now until the game comes out and we see how RDR2's SP is, but it's looking hopeful.

mohnix

Hmm

xHrmFrC.jpg

feckyerlife

Is the girl in the green dress voiced by sookie from true blood?

cmichaelson

What if you play as John in the end?