3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

uNi

RDR2 Trailer #3 - Analysis and Discussion

ThereIsNoBathroom

It seems to me that the actor doing the voice-over of Arthur Morgan sounds a lot like Manu Bennett, the guy who plays Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in Green Arrow TV series or Alanon in the Shannara Chronicles (Netflix) ??

What do you think ?

Check this out

http://gtaforums.com/topic/871075-red-dead-redemption-2-general-chat/?p=1069445396

stiggy83

Ok Why not, but I just finished to watch the Shannara Chronicles this week-end, and the short time we hear Arthur talking sounds a lot like Many Bennett to me, anyway it is just a feeling !

It seems to me that the actor doing the voice-over of Arthur Morgan sounds a lot like Manu Bennett, the guy who plays Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in Green Arrow TV series or Alanon in the Shannara Chronicles (Netflix) ??

What do you think ?

Check this out

http://gtaforums.com/topic/871075-red-dead-redemption-2-general-chat/?p=1069445396

mombo2811

What do you think ?

i still think it is roger clark

max_rally

Is there anywhere a link of source file from R* website? There used to be an option to download their videos, but now it's gone.

EDIT: Nevermind...

Edited by max_rally

Mr. Morgan

tumblr_p85ia2drmd1rsntc8o1_1280.png

This must be some galaxy brain logic, I simply cannot comprehend it.

EVOLUT7ON

Same... It's just the story of the brotherhood and not alone wolf as he wished (maybe)...

btw. @Morgan, Just noticed your signature :D Well done

Edited by EVOLUT7ON

Relax.

This guy could the Blonde dude from the trailer, he did DR. Fontaine in LA Noire

honestly he sounds like DR. Fontaine but with a different accent

l5xgK7r.png

Edited by Relax.

Kally G

This guy could the Blonde dude from the trailer, he did DR. Fontaine in LA Noire

honestly he sounds like DR. Fontaine but with a different accent

l5xgK7r.png

I think someone may have already found the possible actor and character name. Blonde may be named Tex

ArTuRMV

I was looking at the GTA V's date trailers release and kind matches with RDR2's.

GTA V | RDR2 |

Nov 2, 2011 | Oct 20, 2016 | 1° trailer
Nov 14, 2012 | Sep 28, 2017 | 2° trailer

Apr 30, 2013 | May 2, 2018 | 3° trailer (Michael, Franklin and Trevor)

Jul 9, 2013 | ? | 4° trailer (Gameplay)
Aug 29, 2013 | ? | 5° trailer (Launch Trailer)

So we can expect a trailer between July and August for gameplay and between August and September for the launch trailer... or not. haha

Note: Man I notice rockstar removed the second GTA V trailer from yt and their site. o.o'

Edited by ArTuRMV

*Lola

The new trailer looked very good on my 4k tv. Video quality is best on Rockstar games website.

NYC PATROL

I've re-watched the trailer looking at the technical aspects.

As I predicted previously, the game received a pretty severe downgrade since Trailer #1.

While I applaud Rockstar for using what seems to be entirely in-game footage in this trailer, it's somewhat depressing.

- Drastically diminished particle FX (fire, smoke, debris)

- Environmental FX removed (e.g.: mud trail following wagon)

- Drastically reduced foliage

- Volumetric FX reduced on train engine plumes

- Static skyboxes

They're using some smoke and fog and fly over birds in many of the frames to obscure draw distances and create the illusion of a more dense frame.

This game is probably two months away from full-on testing so I'm not anticipating too many changes. We saw some crisper textures and minor character changes when GTA V was sweetened up but that's about it from what I can recall.

It looks pretty damn good for an open world game. But a PS5 re-release down the road would be nice.

I'm not too sure how some of these things can be assumed as severely downgraded since trailer 1. Trailer 1 had very carefully selected shots at the games best angles and lighting. Some things just can't be compared until the final game and/or similar environmental shots are given.

Drastically diminished particle FX (fire, smoke, debris)

Fire to me looks about the same if not better in trailer 3. Any examples in particular?

- Environmental FX removed (e.g.: mud trail following wagon)

Not true. Because of the low texture filtering of the ground it's hard to see but look close at 59 seconds. Also at 1:22 look at the ground.

- Drastically reduced foliage

In what way? Not sure how that's possible to know as we haven't seen many of the trailer 1 areas again.

- Volumetric FX reduced on train engine plumes

It appears to have the same volumetric behavior as trailer 1. Just a lot less overall smoke. Besides we don't get a good stationary view of it in trailer 3 like we did 1. Just very quick shots.

- Static skyboxes

Not sure I understand what's wrong here. Many missions may have predetermined times like GTA V where the game advances time for that mission. Also i mean many of the sky shots look similar to trailer 1. They even kept in a similar starry night.

I think overall it looks the same as when they revealed tbh. They just need to work on the texture filtering and AA. I do hope they kept in a lot of the sun rays as seen in trailer 1 and 2. Also hoping there can be some dark nights with little moonlight.

Edited by NYC PATROL

GenericGTAO

I watched this trailer about 10 times. I felt the music in the 2nd trailer was better, but after I realized the climax of the trailer is when the masked gang is entering the bank it was pretty well done and made to be disected. I thought it was going to be dedicated to the online though.

Dee.

I watched this trailer about 10 times. I felt the music in the 2nd trailer was better, but after I realized the climax of the trailer is when the masked gang is entering the bank it was pretty well done and made to be disected. I thought it was going to be dedicated to the online though.

You thought the third trailer for a game we didnt know anything about for before that was teased with artwork featuring the SP protagonist was gonna be an online trailer? :p

Equatecurl

75YHYb.png

ThereIsNoBathroom

I was looking at the GTA V's date trailers release and kind matches with RDR2's.

GTA V | RDR2 |

Nov 2, 2011 | Oct 20, 2016 | 1° trailer

Nov 14, 2012 | Sep 28, 2017 | 2° trailer

Apr 30, 2013 | May 2, 2018 | 3° trailer (Michael, Franklin and Trevor)

Jul 9, 2013 | ? | 4° trailer (Gameplay)

Aug 29, 2013 | ? | 5° trailer (Launch Trailer)

So we can expect a trailer between July and August for gameplay and between August and September for the launch trailer... or not. haha

Note: Man I notice rockstar removed the second GTA V trailer from yt and their site. o.o'

Why?

Edited by ThereIsNoBathroom

Dee.

I wonder the the lady that says "you'll never change" is Dutchs wife?

She could be Abigail Marston. John's wife.

No. Different eye color and skin tone and Abigail didnt have that facial shape or mole

P.T.

ok , so for anyone who still worries Rockstar does not care about SP ..... i mean, come on . This already is looking like its going to be a very well thought out , and in depth SP game. Most games i dont even touch SP, but i will for sure be playing this one .Very excited to see how things play out, and honestly i kinda get the feeling there may be different endings, since the previews seem to go out of the way to say how much every choice you make in the game determines outcomes.

Like maybe you do certain things, that at the end , Author does not die, maybe you get the " rides off into sunset" ending. While other choices thruout , lead you down a path , where you die at the end, to save someone else (maybe John) . I just have this feeling there will be different endings, and thus, once you beat it , you will want to play thru it again to see what other choices you can make to get a different outcome. I mean that is one way to make a SP replayable alot more imo. Maybe they do DLC for it later on , maybe not, but i bet you this original SP game is going to be rather deep.

Thankfully this drought is over.

Also i dunno how many people have ever played it, maybe just telling my age here, but when they described how the game starts off, and how you are responsible for going out and getting the gangs supplies, food , etc . It really reminded me so much of this game i played in elementary school a long time ago call The Oregon Trail . I found this on the web for those who never played it, or just wannt replay it now- pretty cool - https://classicreload.com/oregon-trail.html.

Edited by P.T.

Baked English Beans

Dutch has died of dysentry

Boone_Tuva

Gallows spotted in Blackwater directly next to the mortuary and police building.

ZlZdsLO.png

Things are about to get really real y'all.

Marston1911

Not been through the full thread but after the guy with Edgar Ross says - "You all will die savagely", we see John on his knees gasping for breath which is identical to the last time we seen him alive.

At first I thought it might be Archer, but he is too old.

GenericGTAO

You thought the third trailer for a game we didnt know anything about for before that was teased with artwork featuring the SP protagonist was gonna be an online trailer? :p

Yeah, thats where the money is.

DexMacLeod

Also i dunno how many people have ever played it, maybe just telling my age here, but when they described how the game starts off, and how you are responsible for going out and getting the gangs supplies, food , etc . It really reminded me so much of this game i played in elementary school a long time ago call The Oregon Trail . I found this on the web for those who never played it, or just wannt replay it now- pretty cool - https://classicreload.com/oregon-trail.html.

It actually reminds me of State of Decay a bit. It's a Zombie game but it's all about building up a group of survivors and then going out into the world to collect supplies in order to keep your base stocked. In the new one people can even get sick and die.

When you mentioned Oregon Trail it occured to me that that game really needs to be remade for the modern generation. So I googled to see if anyone was working on anything. First thing that pops up is a funny old Kotaku Fan article from 2011 about how Rockstar should be the ones to remake it.

https://kotaku.com/5846046/imagine-the-oregon-trail-as-made-by-rockstar-games

Jesucristo

Did you see John Marston in 1:40 min? Because, many people didn't. I think we'll start to play with the main character and, in the end, we'll do it with Marston.

Rafae

Did you see John Marston in 1:40 min? Because, many people didn't. I think we'll start to play with the main character and, in the end, we'll do it with Marston.

Everyone saw him lol

Dee.

HOLY sh*t WHAT? I DID NOT SEE THAT! I DID NAAAAHT

Yeah, thats where the money is.

I guess you just shoved logic to the side for that post huh?

Username checks out BTW

loyletomycapo

Gallows spotted in Blackwater directly next to the mortuary and police building.

ZlZdsLO.png

I'm sensing random events where we free a captured fugitive by shooting out the rope parallel to RDR where we freed civilians captured by gangs by shooting out their noose.

Shaksprings

ZlZdsLO.png

I'm sensing random events where we free a captured fugitive by shooting out the rope parallel to RDR where we freed civilians captured by gangs by shooting out their noose.

i feel like the people you save, you will have the option to recruit them into dutch gang. I feel like it will work like GTA4 TLAD gang system, like non story gang members can die but you can just replace them. you will also be able to choose who u want to bring along on missions/robbery because they'll have different stats and they'll level up, just like the heist members in GTA5. this is how i think the non story gang will be

Red Dead Rebel

ZlZdsLO.png

i feel like the people you save, you will have the option to recruit them into dutch gang. I feel like it will work like GTA4 TLAD gang system, like non story gang members can die but you can just replace them. you will also be able to choose who u want to bring along on missions/robbery because they'll have different stats and they'll level up, just like the heist members in GTA5. this is how i think the non story gang will be

I think they said you can't recruit random people.

loyletomycapo

I believe that you could recruit people but it would be tied to the events of the story/ side missions[?] rather than recruiting random npcs.

VolumeRX

The new trailer looked very good on my 4k tv. Video quality is best on Rockstar games website.

Although it is true, It's still only 1080P there, not even 1440P, I suppose that the PS4 Pro gameplay video will feature atleast 1440P though! if not checkerboarded 4K and be rendered as 4K in Youtube and the website

Edited by VolumeRX