1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Tao Cheng

If the GTA Online protagonist let alone a GTA Online version 2 exist in GTAVI...

Tao Cheng

I'm sure you will have to start over with your assets in GTA Online. There's bound to be a start point where you start at the bottom again. What excuse do you think Rockstar will come up with to make your character start over? Will a hurricane that overlooked Vice City cause an earthquake in Los Santos, crumbling your beautiful hideout penthouse at Eclipse Towers and your counterfeiting operations in Maze Bank West so you have no choice but to fly to Vice City? Did Dr. Evil take over your bunker lair and nuke all of Los Santos while you're somehow flying around the Pacific Ocean for reasons unknown? Do you think your empire will still be intact? How do you think GTA Online in GTAVI will start off?

KY Jello
Posted (edited)

Arrested and lost everything, or that you are a completely new character. I know that it's a basketball game that comes out every year but they're still under the same parent company Take Two in NBA 2k you start a completely new character every year and it doesn't transfer over no matter how much VC you spend.

I think R* is going to make you start over with a new character. They're not going to let you keep everything they need to make money. If they do let you transfer over they might give you a huge penalty like being arrested and losing 3/4 of your money all of your properties and cars. With the properties and cars being auctioned off.

Edited by Zello

VictorVance1239

I'm fine with starting over but I would like the option to port my characters likeness over.

luisniko

What reason? Different (online) protagonist.

silly_nate

I could see them having the GTAO protagonist getting caught and going to prison for the final update in GTAV. First mission online in next GTA will have you break out of prison and start from the bottom... again 

MojoGamer
1 hour ago, silly_nate said:

I could see them having the GTAO protagonist getting caught and going to prison for the final update in GTAV. First mission online in next GTA will have you break out of prison and start from the bottom... again 

Yeah, it would be awesome if Trevor will bust us out of a Prison Transport Bus going to Las Venturas from Los Santos.

Trevor be like "Hey Government Trash, I believe you have someone that belongs to TPI!", then talks about your boobs or muscles depending on your gender after successfully busting you out of the Prison Bus. Then the rest of the first mission is to get away from the police while shooting down police back up on the way to a train station. There Trevor will force you to hop on a train to Vice City alone until the heat coolsdown in Pahrump, Trevor's new location of operations against the Angels of Death and Merryweather. In Vice City, you get contacted by Karen Daniels saying "I know who you are and you better start hustling for me, if you want me to erase your criminal record." You do the tutorial missions and get new contacts who hear your a new gun for hire as you level up.

KY Jello

Yeah but Trevor is dead...

TheSantader25

Don't worry about trevor Trevor's dead. Gotta be

MojoGamer
1 hour ago, Zello said:

Yeah but Trevor is dead...

Trevor's death mission wasn't the main mission of þe final mission.

The final main mission keeps all three protagonists alive or Trevor's voice actor wouldn't have worked on the story dlc that got canceled.

KY Jello
31 minutes ago, MojoGamer said:

Trevor's death mission wasn't the main mission of þe final mission.

The final main mission keeps all three protagonists alive or Trevor's voice actor wouldn't have worked on the story dlc that got canceled.

He's dead

Hmmm nice bike

It's probably just going to be a completely different person next time around. Rockstar obviously aren't going to let you keep your money by the time a second version of GTA Online comes around, but to avoid explaining how your guy lost everything, they'll probably just have you make somebody else and that'll be the new GTA Online protagonist.

TheSadisticOwl
On 6/13/2018 at 4:21 PM, Zello said:

He's dead

(1:13)

"That bastard Tre..."

Smuggler's Run takes place after Gunrunning. Gunrunning made it clear in the mission Mole Hunt that the GTA Online now takes place after 2013. So, my deductions in that in GTA Online's canon (which is separate from GTA V), Trevor's still alive and will be alive if there's a GTA Online 2, unless he's killed off-screen.

KY Jello
Posted (edited)

GTA online is inconsistent

Edited by Zello

TheSantader25

In my opinion GTA ONLINE isn't even approved by the housers. They've been working on RDR2. I think a separate team is handling gta online and that team does not know sh*t about single player. So gta online isn't even canon at this point. 

Spectre "2K"

i wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Saints Sow, a rival gang manages to capture you and starts flying you to Vice City to meet the wrath of their gang boss, only for you to break free after landing down. Considering your rank is reputation points, and it's a new location, you'd have no rep there and thus be back at level 1

Hmmm nice bike
On 6/15/2018 at 4:08 PM, Spectre "2K" said:

i wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Saints Sow, a rival gang manages to capture you and starts flying you to Vice City to meet the wrath of their gang boss, only for you to break free after landing down. Considering your rank is reputation points, and it's a new location, you'd have no rep there and thus be back at level 1

If they pull a "Saints Row," I hope they also decide to give your character a voice (preferably by having it in the customization and letting you pick their voice). Otherwise, it'd be like a very awkward Saints Row where they kidnap someone who never learned how to talk. It's already pretty awkward when none of them ever talk during the cutscenes. It was fine for 2001 with Claude never talking, but I feel like the game having that now is just stupid.

Am Shaegar

Its difficult to speak on the game we know nothing about at this point. It'll be interesting to see how R* deals with Online, if it returns in the next game. I think the only possibility I see happening is that your character will not switch over to the next version of Online, except the money you accumulated over the years in playing Online. You may be allowed to transfer the overall appearance of your Online character to make it possible to play the game with a new character but having similar attributes and even skills. The rest of the changes are really difficult to predict. The next version Online can see many changes, and it may not be the same experience either. 

Rockstar might be working on how to make the multiplayer experience more welcoming to the players, especially, the single player crowd who were upset by the fact that there was no DLC and a lot of content was kept exclusive for Online mode. I hope they come up with some kind of strategy or possibility to blur the line between single-player and multiplayer experiences without alienating either single player or more recent fans of Online.

WTFLLama
Posted (edited)

I was actually thinking that we will have a different character to play but I like this whole getting arrested thing.

So here's my idea (more like dream as it's not coming true), 

So as the last DLC we get a third Heist mission pack. (First being Heist DLC, second being the Doomsday Heist DLC. I don't know if the second one is an actual heist package i haven't played since Gunrunning DLC)

It adds new heist missions and a new storyline, let's say it adds 5 new heists. The first 4 heist missions are playable and continues the storyline. The fifth one is not playable and says its locked. You can see it but can't activate it. Maybe it can have a "Coming Soon" label on it. And the storyline is cut short as you can't play the fifth heist.

Now you have 2 options to start next Online game.

A. Import your previous character (Requires you to have the previous game, of course)

In this case you get a cutscene at 2017. While escpaing from your last heist you get arrested, do some photo work at police station and other "getting arrested" things etc.

2 years later, 2019 some guy comes and pays your bail money. Flies you to Vice City as you wouldn't want to live here anymore. Your first missions are from him (with a little pay) and you have to pay him 500.000 in total (which you can do by calling him). After a long while if you don't pay he starts sending people to kill you.

If you started playing with this option you sometimes get calls from your contacts and partners from the previous game. Saying where have you been, do you need help, that he has been arrested too etc. etc. Sometimes you might get money from unknown contacts.

You will have some exclusives if you start with this option.

(MAYBE, you can start with the heist like GTA V and then you get the cutscene but I thought it would be lame as it would feel repetitive.)

B. Fresh start

Land off in Vice City by plane. Just like the previous game. Doesn't need anything special tbh.

Edited by WTFLLama