2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA IV Pigeon Locator

thehambone

GTA IV Pigeon Locator
Version 1.2.1

ZfxgLwk.png

Description
To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of GTA IV, I've decided to create a handy little tool that will show all remaining pigeons in a GTA IV save on a map of Liberty City.

Features

• Plots all remaining and exterminated pigeons on a map of Liberty City.
  • Map can be zoomed and panned.
  • Hover over a pigeon blip to display location information.
  • Drag'n'drop save files onto the map to load them.

System Requirements
.NET Framework v4.6.1 or newer

Version Information

Version 1.2.1
10 April 2020

• Added support for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 saves.
  • Minimum required .NET Framework version increased to 4.6.1.

Version 1.1.0
27 January 2019

• Added support for EFLC saves.

Version 1.0.1
25 June 2018

• Made the program DPI-aware so it looks nicer on high-resolution displays.

Version 1.0.0
29 April 2018

• Initial release

Special Thanks
Special thanks to GTAKid667 for testing and providing feedback during the development process.

Download
Download on GitHub.com

Donate

Copyright © 2018-2020 thehambone.

Edited by thehambone
Version 1.2.1

• 1 month later...

Version 1.0.1 Released!

I've released a patch that makes the program look sharper on high-DPI displays. Previously, if you were running Windows with DPI scaling >100%, certain components would look blurry/jaggy or the map zoom wouldn't work correctly.

Use the GitHub link to get the new version for now. GTAGarage is still undergoing maintenance so I can't update the tool there.

• 7 months later...

Version 1.1 Released!

I've added support for EFLC saves. Now you can find seagulls too!

I'm still having difficulties uploading to GTAGarage, so use the GitHub link for now.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Version 1.2.1 Released!

You can now open Xbox 360 and PS3 saves! PS3 saves will need to be decrypted using Bruteforce Savedata first.

Also raised the minimum required .NET Framework version to 4.6.1.

You can download the tool on GitHub!

Edited by thehambone
  • Like 3

Hello! Where are the save files located after the Complete Edition patch? They are no longer located at Rockstargames/GTAIV/savegames on my end. Thanks!

14 hours ago, tomyxx said:

Hello! Where are the save files located after the Complete Edition patch? They are no longer located at Rockstargames/GTAIV/savegames on my end. Thanks!

I haven't installed the patch yet, but apparently they moved to Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Profiles

• 9 months later...

Please im trying to load a ps3 savegame but i dont know how. I haave 3 files: PARAM.PFD, PARAM.SFO and RAGE.SAV. What can i do to load a ps3 file. i have net framework 4.6.2.

May i send you the files and you send me a schreenshot back?😅😅

On 2/5/2021 at 4:38 PM, Guille64 said:

Please im trying to load a ps3 savegame but i dont know how. I haave 3 files: PARAM.PFD, PARAM.SFO and RAGE.SAV. What can i do to load a ps3 file. i have net framework 4.6.2.

May i send you the files and you send me a schreenshot back?😅😅

You need to use PS3 Bruteforce Save Data to decrypt the save before loading it. RAGE.SAV is the save file.

If you still can't get it to work, feel free to upload your files to MediaFire or Google Drive and post the link.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 3:45 PM, thehambone said:

You need to use PS3 Bruteforce Save Data to decrypt the save before loading it. RAGE.SAV is the save file.

If you still can't get it to work, feel free to upload your files to MediaFire or Google Drive and post the link.

Hey Hambone, thanks so much for creating this tool. I've done 3 run throughs looking for #200, have 199 so far, and it is eluding me. I'd really prefer to not have to do another run through and I found your tool. Super helpful, thanks so much. I'd love to use it to once and for all finish this now over ten year long project of collectibles/100%ing GTA IV. However, I have a mac, and am not super savvy, not sure how to load my Xbox 360 save to utilize the application. Any tips or guidance? Would really appreciate the help!

On 2/21/2021 at 11:25 AM, lordtaranis said:

Hey Hambone, thanks so much for creating this tool. I've done 3 run throughs looking for #200, have 199 so far, and it is eluding me. I'd really prefer to not have to do another run through and I found your tool. Super helpful, thanks so much. I'd love to use it to once and for all finish this now over ten year long project of collectibles/100%ing GTA IV. However, I have a mac, and am not super savvy, not sure how to load my Xbox 360 save to utilize the application. Any tips or guidance? Would really appreciate the help!

Unfortunately, this tool only works on Windows. If you can manage to extract the save from your 360, I can check the file for you.
I've never owned a 360 so I don't know exactly how to transfer saves, but this guide looks promising.

2 hours ago, thehambone said:

Unfortunately, this tool only works on Windows. If you can manage to extract the save from your 360, I can check the file for you.
I've never owned a 360 so I don't know exactly how to transfer saves, but this guide looks promising.

Hey Hambone! You are the ultimate homie. I really appreciate that. I am extracting my save onto a usb key right now, so let me know how to transfer it to you. I really appreciate it and you are seriously coming in clutch. Please let me know if there is a way I can repay you. I saw in your profile picture on Github that you're sitting behind a drum kit, do you play? If so, I would absolutely love to hear you cut it up. I also play drums, and I happen to run a small record label (we just released our 100th record), and maybe that could be somehow play a part in a way I could repay you :). Let's be in touch, and let me know the best way to contact you. This will save me so much time and is super nice of you. 

2 hours ago, thehambone said:

42 minutes ago, lordtaranis said:

Hey Hambone! You are the ultimate homie. I really appreciate that. I am extracting my save onto a usb key right now, so let me know how to transfer it to you. I really appreciate it and you are seriously coming in clutch. Please let me know if there is a way I can repay you. I saw in your profile picture on Github that you're sitting behind a drum kit, do you play? If so, I would absolutely love to hear you cut it up. I also play drums, and I happen to run a small record label (we just released our 100th record), and maybe that could be somehow play a part in a way I could repay you :). Let's be in touch, and let me know the best way to contact you. This will save me so much time and is super nice of you. 

Here is the google drive link to the files I could find. There are only two GTA IV story complete save files, both are in the 199 spot, so let me know if this works or if we need to try something else! Thanks! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wSTMsPIsN8DjRgMx5wtwtA15iUowWWpE?usp=sharing

19 hours ago, lordtaranis said:

Here is the google drive link to the files I could find. There are only two GTA IV story complete save files, both are in the 199 spot, so let me know if this works or if we need to try something else! Thanks! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wSTMsPIsN8DjRgMx5wtwtA15iUowWWpE?usp=sharing

Hmmm... I can't open that file set with XTAF Explorer. Were any other folders copied to your USB drive when you transferred the save from your console, like an "Xbox 360" folder?

20 hours ago, lordtaranis said:

You can always donate :) and yes I do play drums! I sent you a PM.

21 hours ago, thehambone said:

Hmmm... I can't open that file set with XTAF Explorer. Were any other folders copied to your USB drive when you transferred the save from your console, like an "Xbox 360" folder?

You can always donate :) and yes I do play drums! I sent you a PM.

Very weird. I'm trying to access it with a friend who has a windows now, and it seems that we can't load the file either--we tried using the XTAF Explorer and seem to have run into the same issue you spoke of. Unfortunately, no, there was only the content folder which led to 00000000000(16 zeros), then the save game, and it was impossible to mount in the XTAF Explorer. Something must be going wrong on the 360's end. I'll keep trying and let you know if I figure it out. Let me know if there is any ideas of what to try. 

I will be sure to donate, and excited to talk drums!

• 4 months later...

I had 1 last flying rat after killing all of them in Alderney and got frustrated that I had to go over them from the start, and you saved me. I felt like I had to give you $10 just for saving my time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, Himeros said:

I had 1 last flying rat after killing all of them in Alderney and got frustrated that I had to go over them from the start, and you saved me. I felt like I had to give you $10 just for saving my time.

Thank you very much! Glad I could help :D