Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Favorite/Least Favorite GTA Protagonist


Favorite/Least Favorite GTA Protagonist  

88 members have voted

  1. 1. Favorite Protagonist

  2. 2. Least Favorite GTA Protagonist



Recommended Posts

iiCriminnaaL
5 minutes ago, SonOfLiberty said:

Personally I would place Franklin in the grey area of protagonists. He doesn't do enough to be considered great or even good, but he's still likeable in some ways.

Let me guess, Trevor belongs to the black area. ūüėõ

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
1 minute ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Let me guess, Trevor belongs to the black area. ūüėõ

 

Him and CJ are in the "area" I can only describe as similar as when I've been to the toilet to "relieve" myself.ūüėČ

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
28 minutes ago, SonOfLiberty said:

I have mixed feelings on Franklin. On one hand he's really dry and dull, but I blame that on the fact he becomes a third wheel to Michael and Trevor and the writing doesn't really develop him anymore. On the other I can see what R* were going for and I like he had/has ambition to better himself without coming across as a whiny, bitchy, "Feel sorry for me" underdog type like CJ.

 

Personally I would place Franklin in the grey area of protagonists. He doesn't do enough to be considered great or even good, but he's still likeable in some ways.

He's just so bland and humourless, I don't like his personality (if it can be called that). Honestly the best thing about him is the way he talks to dogs. You're probably right that he belongs more in the grey area as he's not hateable, I think it's just that because he shares a game with two vastly better protagonists (imo) and a more entertaining sidekick his weakness stands out more.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
42 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

He's just so bland and humourless, I don't like his personality (if it can be called that). Honestly the best thing about him is the way he talks to dogs. You're probably right that he belongs more in the grey area as he's not hateable, I think it's just that because he shares a game with two vastly better protagonists (imo) and a more entertaining sidekick his weakness stands out more.

I just see it as a consequence of the multiple protagonists as one of them's bound to be left hung out to dry. Atleast with GTA IV/EFLC they each have their own game and even though I don't like Luis as much as Niko and Johnny he still feels fleshed out.

 

I think Franklin would be so much better if he was in a single protagonist game because at times he just feels like he was thrown in to justify all the clothing/vehicle customising options, but I think there's a good starting point somewhere to build on. This is one of the reasons I really hope R* don't do multiple protagonists again unless they find someway of making them all feel equal. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheatz/Trickz

Franklin‚Äôs sole purpose is to be CJ 2.0. They‚Äôre even cousins in real life. A gangsta, a hood, and the return of the words¬†‚Äúhomie‚ÄĚ and ‚Äúfamilies‚Ä̬†it immediately¬†appeals to those¬†who hold SA in particular in high regard,¬†basically telling them¬†that¬†GTA V¬†was going to¬†be a spiritual successor to it. The marketing strategies for V were excellent it has to be said.¬†

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8

At least CJ seems kind of cool though. Franklin is uncool. A killjoy in most scenes he's in, and never any real emotion shown (even in the final missions where he kills another protagonist). Lame. His personality is probably more developed than the 3D era protagonists just by virtue of where GTA has progressed to but it's not good enough for HD era/compared to other HD era protagonists

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
killdrivetheftvehicle

Favorite: Niko and Tommy (Niko being very relatable and Tommy fun)

 

Least: Trevor (weird asshole with issues)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Laker23

From the options in the poll;

 

Favourite: Tommy with Niko as a close second.

 

Least: Franklin.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Eugene H. Krabs
10 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

I think Franklin would be so much better if he was in a single protagonist game because at times he just feels like he was thrown in to justify all the clothing/vehicle customising options

Not to mention, Franklin's rags-to-riches life would've made a potentially good story. I know for sure I wouldn't want Trevor as the main protagonist. And idk how I would feel if Michael was the only protagonist since it already feels like he has everything from the start: a family, tons of money and even a goddamn mansion

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
pianoir

Favorite: Tommy Vercetti.

 

Least: None.

Michael De Santa and Victor Vance.

There is always something bugs me about Michael. I like his style. But he betrayed his friends and got into witness protection. I just can't believe that Trevor didn't kill Michael when he met him at his mansion.

For Vic, because he's "trying to be the good guy in a bad man's game". I don't like that.

Edited by Leone_Son
Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo

Favorite: Niko, Tommy and Micheal.

 

Least: CJ. (he needs to be more tough, it's GTA ffs)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
17 hours ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

Franklin‚Äôs sole purpose is to be CJ 2.0. They‚Äôre even cousins in real life. A gangsta, a hood, and the return of the words¬†‚Äúhomie‚ÄĚ and ‚Äúfamilies‚Ä̬†it immediately¬†appeals to those¬†who hold SA in particular in high regard,¬†basically telling them¬†that¬†GTA V¬†was going to¬†be a spiritual successor to it. The marketing strategies for V were excellent it has to be said.¬†

Interestingly enough though I've seen loads of San Andreas fans who really don't care for Franklin very much. If that's what marketing was going for then it blew up big time IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheatz/Trickz
3 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

Interestingly enough though I've seen loads of San Andreas fans who really don't care for Franklin very much. If that's what marketing was going for then it blew up big time IMO.

Well, the marketing got it sold, it’s only after that people found out how bland Franklin ended up being. He was shamelessly CJ2 and an excuse to revisit the gang theme of SA (the character could have just as easily been any young male of any race without any affiliation to gangs whatsoever, because the gangs play no role in the story) but he was a Rockstar protagonist at the end of the day, and excuse plots or macguffin's are not inherently bad, so I still thought he’d be a great character. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cjrememberthat

T got least faborite cause he killed johnny, otherwise it'd be franklin

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fake Lilina
On 5/18/2019 at 6:21 AM, SonOfLiberty said:

I have mixed feelings on Franklin. On one hand he's really dry and dull, but I blame that on the fact he becomes a third wheel to Michael and Trevor and the writing doesn't really develop him anymore. On the other I can see what R* were going for and I like he had/has ambition to better himself without coming across as a whiny, bitchy, "Feel sorry for me" underdog type like CJ.

 

Personally I would place Franklin in the grey area of protagonists. He doesn't do enough to be considered great or even good, but he's still likeable in some ways.

In my opinion, Franklin had some potential. I actually like him compared to Michael and Trevor, especially Trevor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fake Lilina

One question though, why is Claude hated? He doesn't even talk. How does anyone hate him for not saying anything?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fake Lilina
3 minutes ago, Cjrememberthat said:

What? Who the hell hates claude?

I don't know, but he apparently is the second most hated Protagonist on the poll behind Trevor Philips. I am actually just in disbelief because of this because Claude is my third favorite protagonist behind Niko Bellic and Tommy Vercetti. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Algonquin Assassin
10 minutes ago, Kierolack666 said:

One question though, why is Claude hated? He doesn't even talk. How does anyone hate him for not saying anything?

Probably for that reason. Some people really don't like what is essentially an avatar.

 

However I don't mind Claude's mystic because it just makes him more chilling like Leatherface or Michael Myers lol.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL
11 minutes ago, Kierolack666 said:

One question though, why is Claude hated? He doesn't even talk. How does anyone hate him for not saying anything?

I don't think he's hated, but most people (including me) don't count him among their favorite protagonists due to his character development. He's mute, and nothing is known about him apart from his name, and even his last name isn't revealed (nothing confirms him being Claude Speed from GTA II).

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fake Lilina
2 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

I don't think he's hated, but most people (including me) don't count him among their favorite protagonists due to his character development. He's mute, and nothing is known about him apart from his name, and even his last name isn't revealed (nothing confirms him being Claude Speed from GTA II).

I don't mind him being mute. But seeing him as second worst just makes me confused and it also makes me feel sorry for him. :(

12 minutes ago, Cjrememberthat said:

@Kierolack666 being in least favorite doesnt mean people hate him

I should at least be glad that Trevor "Trisha" Philips is the number 1 least favorite in the Poll.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LCLegend

Favorite: Claude (I probably explained why before)

Least favorite: Franklin (boring)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Journey_95

My ranking:
 

1. Niko Bellic

2. Tommy Vercetti

3. Michael De Santa

4. Johnny Klebitz

5. Trevor Phillips

6. CJ

7. Victor Vance

8. Franklin Clinton

9. Luis Fernando Lopez

10. Toni Cipriani

11. Claude

On 5/22/2019 at 5:07 AM, Kierolack666 said:

I don't know, but he apparently is the second most hated Protagonist on the poll behind Trevor Philips. I am actually just in disbelief because of this because Claude is my third favorite protagonist behind Niko Bellic and Tommy Vercetti. :(

If Claude talked he wouldn't be so unpopular..a mute protagonist just doesn't hold up now. I don't hate him but he has basically zero character  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
TheJesus1996

From least to favourite: 

 

11. Claude 

10. Toni Cipriani 

9. Luis Fernando Lopez 

8. Franklin Clinton 

7. Vic Vance

6. Johnny K

5. Michael De Santa

4. CJ

*Top 3

3. Trevor Philips 

2. Tommy Vercetti 

1. Niko Bellic 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LCLegend

A guy I forgot to mention (a lot of you seem to be forgetting as well) is Huang Lee. His game is pretty much just the movie Idiocy, where he happens to be the smartest man among the underworld of Triad criminals. He's definitely underrated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
KingAJ032304
On 7/29/2018 at 10:31 PM, Hmmm nice bike said:

Favorite: For me, it's between Tommy Vercetti and Niko Bellic. Tommy was like a less drug-addled Tony Montana who continuously made smart decisions that took him to the top, instead of the outcome Montana had. As for Niko, I think he's hands-down one of the best-written protagonists they've ever created they created at the time. He definitely had the most well-developed backstory, which leads into the events we see taking place in IV.

 

Least favorite: Trevor was a complete mess of a character, Franklin was really boring, and Luis Lopez was a douche most of the time.

Besides the womemizinng (which he did change around the end of the game) he wasn't really a douche and if he was he did it o people who are douches themselves

On 5/27/2019 at 5:39 PM, Journey_95 said:

My ranking:
 

1. Niko Bellic

2. Tommy Vercetti

3. Michael De Santa

4. Johnny Klebitz

5. Trevor Phillips

6. CJ

7. Victor Vance

8. Franklin Clinton

9. Luis Fernando Lopez

10. Toni Cipriani

11. Claude

If Claude talked he wouldn't be so unpopular..a mute protagonist just doesn't hold up now. I don't hate him but he has basically zero character  

The fact that he's the only one who doesn't talk post the 2D era is what made him so special!

Edited by KingAJ032304
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.