1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Ryancoke66

Good headphones for xbox one

Ryancoke66
Posted (edited)

I apologize if there was another spot I should of put this.

Alright so, I've been looking for some good, yet reasonably priced headphones for gaming on my xbox one. I know I'll need an adapter to plug in most 3.5 mm headphones, but I still have some questions. Will it affect my headset if I buy a third party adapter? Is there any good headphones that don't need an adapter (specifically made for xbox)?

And lastly, do you guys have any recommendations? (Again, I'm not looking for a top of the line headset, I don't wanna dump a ton of money. My price range is around $150 CAD all in)

Edited by Ryancoke66

trip
Posted (edited)

I really like my Turtle Beach XOs

https://www.google.com/search?q=turtle+beach+xbox+one&oq=turtle+beach+xbox&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l2.4494j0j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#lbl=OVERVIEW&pie=plaji-i

Says they are $60 usd atm.

You don't need an adapter but the one it comes with is handy because you don't have to pull up an Xbox screen to,adjust game/chat volume levels.

Edited by trip

LittleBlueTroll

(Again, I'm not looking for a top of the line headset, I don't wanna dump a ton of money. My price range is around $150 CAD all in)

Even If you had a tonne of money to dump, I wouldn't encourage it. I have Turtle Beach Elite 800x, which were over £200 when I first got them, and truth be told It wasn't money well spent. The headset is great - When it works, and there is the issue. Sometimes you'll get a high pitched relentless screeching sound for no reason, It repeatedly cuts out party chat and game audio for upto 5 seconds sometimes until you hard reset the headset, and sometimes you have to spend ages placing it back in its magnetic holder to charge the thing.

What you have to look at is what do you really want from it? Do you want as many bells as whistles as you can? Like bluetooth to listen to music from your phone, tonnes of presets, mic monitoring, noise cancellation ETC. Or do you just want great audio and game chat? I think headsets are very user specific, and only you can really know exactly what you would like for that money.

Ryancoke66

I'm not really looking for many bells and whistles, I mainly just want good crisp audio along with a decent mic I can use for gaming. The rest is just a plus if I can get it for good value.

I really like my Turtle Beach XOs

https://www.google.com/search?q=turtle+beach+xbox+one&oq=turtle+beach+xbox&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l2.4494j0j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#lbl=OVERVIEW&pie=plaji-i

Says they are $60 usd atm.

You don't need an adapter but the one it comes with is handy because you don't have to pull up an Xbox screen to,adjust game/chat volume levels.

I like this. Good price, description on Amazon looks good too.

AiraCobra
Posted (edited)

As someone who is hard of hearing and needs to use hearing aids now I went though many headsets before I found a brand I liked which was Turtle Beach I started with the PX51 and now I use Turtle Beach 800 for my PC & Console sound is great even when I take them out I can still hear as if I had them in but they're a little expensive tho.

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Dealux

Philips SHP9500 is a good can but kinda expensive in Canada. I'd also recommend the AKG K240. None of these have mics but you can get a BoomPro or Modmic separately.

Ryancoke66

I've looked at Phillips and yeah they're pretty expensive along with majority of turtle beaches. XO one is actually reasonably priced ($90 CAD) although it's not over the ear (not terrible but I know that can make it uncomfortable to play for long periods).

Philips SHP9500 is a good can but kinda expensive in Canada. I'd also recommend the AKG K240. None of these have mics but you can get a BoomPro or Modmic separately.

AKG I haven't heard of or looked into, I'll have to do that. A mic is nowhere as close to as important as the quality of the sound that comes through the headset cause majority of the time I won't be using the mic. However I still need one, so buying one separately sounds expensive, but again I'll look into those brands and see if its price friendly.

Dealux

Make sure you are able to return them if you don't like them. I recommended two open cans and those tend not to have a lot of bass but they work well for gaming because they have accurate sound stage. Sound is quite detailed judging by reviews.

luisniko

I'm currently using a headphone around usd50 called HyperX Cloud Stinger. It's a budget gaming headphone from Kingston and it comes with a mic. Sound is decent enough; I mostly use it to play Ghost Recon Wildlands. I'm not really a headphone guy and I got it as a gift. So..

But seriously though, if you want to ensure top notch sound quality, then buy audio engineering brand like AKG, though keep in mind if the game audio quality can't keep up with it then it's still pointless. Otherwise you should be looking for brands like Panasonic or JVC to get decent quality without draining your wallet like gaming headset brands would do for same quality or even less.

When it comes to ear speakers and mic, my choice is still to use the headset I got from my 200 bucks smart phone. Now using LG smart phone; the earphone and the mic are crystal clear. Couldn't ask for more.