Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
CoolMods

Should Trevor be considered the worst GTA character ever created?

Recommended Posts

aragond
On 4/21/2018 at 10:48 PM, CoolMods said:

I think yes. I don't get why people say that he is a badass, he is ugly and he looks like he never took a bath. Plus he killed Johnny.

Trevor makes me feel dirty every time I am playing him. But, he is dryly funny at times.

 

I don't begrudge Trevor for killing Johnny, he was euthanising an now-dead protag' -- I DO begrudge the writers for "pulling a Rian Johnson" on Johnny, who ended IV strong and determined, kicking her-junkie-princessness to the curb only to enter V as her b-tch in the desert as a fellow junky. THAT was annoying!

 

On 4/21/2018 at 11:01 PM, Darealbandicoot said:

Nah Stretch is WWAAAAAAAAYYYY more fitting of the title.

Stretch is hilarious. A true wannabe with delusions of grandeur, always reminding Franklin to "keep it real"

 

On 4/21/2018 at 11:59 PM, Sleepwalking said:

Trevor is the only protagonist who fits GTA theme.

 

That's what all the games journalists told us, y'know, the people who piously sit high above us plebes and judge what is good and bad taste. Sorry, I was always annoyed by their suggestion because they were judging our insane in-game antics as legit behaviours.

 

On 4/23/2018 at 3:00 PM, CryptReaperDorian said:

I do know that R* explicitly stated prior to release that they weren't going to try to top the writing of Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV.

 

If that is a quotably-true-quote, then that EXPLAINS A **LOT** about V.

 

On 4/23/2018 at 8:20 PM, CryptReaperDorian said:

Franklin ... commenting on how huge Chop's pile of sh*t is.

You should walk your dog more often, dude. Poor dog.😁

 

On 4/25/2018 at 5:31 PM, Cheatz/Trickz said:

Fix'd. Now I agree.

 

I liked Michael better pre-release during the trailers-season when we all thought he was Tommy Vercetti. A retired Tommy Vercetti wouldn't have become like this!

 

He's a whining middle-aged former-jock of a protag -- the opposite of those who play him -- who allowed himself to be dragged along by the FIB over some old sh-t ... because "freedoms" ... He just oozes the Housers' own insecurities over family / children / responsibility / the gubment ... was not a fan.

I play games to forget my life, not be reminded just how trapped I am by it.

 

Sorry, the first page was as far as I got in replying ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheerT

Not the worst, but not the greatest as well. I'd rather say that Trevor is one of the edgiest characters Rockstar's ever created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tranceking26

Not the worst, most likely the best in my eyes, but there's so many good characters in these games it's unreal. 

 

I have my fair share of disliked characters too but hey some can be killed. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheatz/Trickz
On 7/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, aragond said:

I liked Michael better pre-release during the trailers-season when we all thought he was Tommy Vercetti. A retired Tommy Vercetti wouldn't have become like this!

 

He's a whining middle-aged former-jock of a protag -- the opposite of those who play him -- who allowed himself to be dragged along by the FIB over some old sh-t ... because "freedoms" ... He just oozes the Housers' own insecurities over family / children / responsibility / the gubment ... was not a fan.

I play games to forget my life, not be reminded just how trapped I am by it.

 

Sorry, the first page was as far as I got in replying ...

 

Nobody thought he was Tommy. 

 

I don’t see the correlation between Michael and the Houser brothers insecurities. 

 

And er...deep, about why you play games. Also very cheesy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChenChanechi

Before I played GTA 5 I really used to hate him. So don't judge a book by the cover. He's funny sometimes but unnecessary as well. Honestly, his hairstyles I really dislike, clothing options aren't that bad, if Rockstar made some better hairstyles it would've been okay. He has two safehouses so that's an advantage. 

 

I used to like Michael before I got the game, but later, I started to not like him at all, that he's betraying lots of people.

 

Franklin is my favorite. He has the best personal car of all characters (2012 Charger SRT8), has a great house, a cute dog, and useful ability (got my ass saven a lot of times by it)

 

So in conclusion, Trevor's not ugly, it's that he needs better hairstyles, and it's good that he has two houses. As I am a SUV/Pickup-Truck fan he has a nice vehicle, so overall, Franklin, Trevor, and Michael are best in order. Not worst. 

 

Oh and the fact that he killed Johnny - really bothered me at start but no longer. Johnny was a nice character but he was kinda idiotic in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpaceRaven

Great actor and performance! with this god awful character. Sure he may fit the gta's theme but, he is just.... bad! The only character i use is michael since i think he is the best character story wise, compared to trevor and cardboard franklin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YerDabbin

Am I the only who didn't care a whole lot about Johnny's death? If anything, it proved Trevor being a badass because not only did he smash in his head, but banged his girl not 10 minutes before then. I would even go as far as saying that Trevor is perhaps one of the best characters of the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
1 hour ago, YerDabbin said:

Am I the only who didn't care a whole lot about Johnny's death? If anything, it proved Trevor being a badass because not only did he smash in his head, but banged his girl not 10 minutes before then. I would even go as far as saying that Trevor is perhaps one of the best characters of the series.

Smashing a methhead junkie's head while he's hugging him is not the same as picking a fair gun fight against him in his prime. If anything, that shows that Trevor didn't have enough balls to take him out like a man would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain

it showed trevor’s quality actually. how he’s not a real person that is respectable. what kind of killing was that lol why not take a fight in front of him. i didn’t hate trevor and i still don’t. He’s a protagonist, killing is one of his jobs but it wasn’t cool the way he did it. he really acted like a cowerd

Edited by Max.pain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49

I don't hate him anymore neither. Bashing him wasn't the point of my reply actually. The truth is, the way he killed Johnny doesn't make him any more badass than he actually is. On the other hand, him destroying Blaine County's chapter of The Lost MC is a better argument, as despite the fact that the majority of the chapter consists of methheads anyway, at least there was an actual shootout, even if it could've been written in a more believable way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8

I don't think it makes him badass as such but it was an effective and impactful introduction to his character. Trevor dominates those who are weaker than him and can be very aggressive, impulsive and violent, the way he kills Johnny shows this right from the start. Johnny ending up in that weak state brought down by Ashley/drugs is perfectly believable to me after the depressing ending of TLAD so no issue with that either. I thought it was a powerful dramatic scene and good character introduction.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lordani_66

No. This title is reserved for CJ. That squeeling pussy busta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
47 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I don't think it makes him badass as such but it was an effective and impactful introduction to his character. Trevor dominates those who are weaker than him and can be very aggressive, impulsive and violent, the way he kills Johnny shows this right from the start. Johnny ending up in that weak state brought down by Ashley/drugs is perfectly believable to me after the depressing ending of TLAD so no issue with that either. I thought it was a powerful dramatic scene and good character introduction.

It was an effective introduction to his character, no doubt, especially that Johnny is formerly a protagonist, but it had more potential IMO. I can imagine how better it would've been had Johnny taken Ashley back, and warned Trevor that the war between them has just begun. Instead of killing him off in the very first scene, he could've been left for a few more missions that consist of defending Trevor's trailer from The Lost MC and attacking their trailers in reverse, where Terry and Clay, or at least one of them, get(s) killed before Trevor confronts Johnny. Like I said in previous posts, not necessary a big boss kind of battle, but at least a typical gang shootout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
16 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

It was an effective introduction to his character, no doubt, especially that Johnny is formerly a protagonist, but it had more potential IMO. I can imagine how better it would've been had Johnny taken Ashley back, and warned Trevor that the war between them has just begun. Instead of killing him off in the very first scene, he could've been left for a few more missions that consist of defending Trevor's trailer from The Lost MC and attacking their trailers in reverse, where Terry and Clay, or at least one of them, get(s) killed before Trevor confronts Johnny. Like I said in previous posts, not necessary a big boss kind of battle, but at least a typical gang shootout.

It would've also worked that way but I like the twist that it wasn't like that. Trevor's intro scene wouldn't have had that shocking impact that way. Like you said there's still that shootout with the rest of The Lost afterwards so it's not like we were denied one. Taking Terry and Clay out that way seemed like kind of overkill and pointless but otherwise I don't have any problem with it.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lance Mayhem
6 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I don't think it makes him badass as such but it was an effective and impactful introduction to his character. Trevor dominates those who are weaker than him...

 

So, in a way, it gives more cred to Michael and Franklin, in that he doesn't try to kill them?

 

 


(Aside from the grief-driven incident in North Yankton when he goes after Michael)

Edited by Lance Mayhem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Just now, Lance Mayhem said:

 

So, in a way, it gives more cred to Michael and Franklin, in that he doesn't try to kill them?

 

 

 

(Aside from the grief-driven incident in North Yankton when he goes after Michael) 

 

 

Yeah I'd say so, he clearly does has a level of respect for them. He knows they're not people he can just manipulate or dispose of like some of the other characters he deals with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lance Mayhem
1 minute ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Yeah I'd say so, he clearly does has a level of respect for them. He knows they're not people he can just manipulate or dispose of like some of the other characters he deals with.

 

Interesting. I hadn't considered that angle. Thanks for making me think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.