2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
CoolMods

Should Trevor be considered the worst GTA character ever created?

GN10Gaming

I think Tonya is more deserving of that title.

Hmmm nice bike

Wasn't a fan of Trevor, I thought he was too try-hard and goofy of a character. I get that they were trying to make him out to be a legit psychopath, but he didn't feel like a scary person and was more of an asshole to everyone and killed some people now and then. And then we find out he's a cannibal, and then he smokes meth, and then he eats out of the garbage, and then he has issues from childhood, etc.

Also, while I know this is a petty thing to complain about for a fictional character, I really hated his lack of personal hygiene. Even before the game came out, I was pretty grossed out by this scene described by Game Informer where we learn that Trevor doesn't really use toilet paper. I actualy thought "So we have to run around as a guy who doesn't even wipe his ass?!" Then again, maybe this makes him more relatable to certain people, lol.

Shadowfennekin

Franklin's worst. He was barely developed throughout the story!

Helegad

Worst character? No, I think that honor goes to Toni Cipriani from LCS. He's got three modes: bitching, whining, and angry, and he does erratic, psychotic things like slicing and dicing up a childhood nemesis and indirectly, but knowingly feeding him to random people, and bombing the f*ck out of two inner-city blocks (which had to have killed thousands of people) just because some failing, femboy politician asked him to for only $5,000.

LCS was pretty poorly written, in hindsight. Tony started out as a bitch, ended as a bitch with half his paycheck, then retroactively "reappeared" as an even bigger bitch that takes sh*t from his mother, who as a person should have been told to shut the f*ck up a long time ago.

Journey_95
15 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Franklin's worst. He was barely developed throughout the story!

Yeah Franklin was awful, very bland and really lacking in terms of character. But I guess he is more safe so he doesn't get as much hate as Trevor who was clearly going to be controversial anyway.

I think the latter is a bit too cartoony (Rockstar seemed to go overboard at times with how "crazy" he was) but he is still overall very entertaining & fun + Steven Ogg just gave a great performance.

.Smaher.

Franklin isn't nearly the worst character. He just doesn't have the same amount of focus on the story that Michael and Trevor have, and is the most grounded. If you listen to the conversations he has with others, off cutscenes (hanging out, and other mission dialogues) you learn more about him.

Typhus

It's like an angsty teenager, the kind who screams obscenities at complete strangers in GTA Online, snuck into Rockstar's offices took a gigantic sh*t on the script and they just decided to roll with it.

tryagainlater

Trevor is the GTA character we deserve but not the one we necessarily want.

He justifies the rampages and murdering that we do in these games but his character was always gonna be insufferable.

GTAVGG

Worst character? Definitely not. I don’t like him practically at all but I don’t think he’s that bad. I can understand why people enjoy him.

D9fred95

No, Trevor isn't the worst character in GTA. He can't be when...

On 5/3/2018 at 1:41 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

It's a bit of a stretch to say he's the absolute worst character in the entire series, but he was more interesting as a concept than in practice IMO.

...exists.

Edited by D9fred95

skau

Worse GTA character? No. Worse GTA Protagonist? Maybe, I'm not sure if he's worse than Franklin.

SonOfLiberty
8 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

No, Trevor isn't the worst character in GTA. He can't be when...

...exists.

Hey. Someone picked up my subliminal message.👍

hugh750
On 4/21/2018 at 7:48 AM, CoolMods said:

I think yes. I don't get why people say that he is a badass, he is ugly and he looks like he never took a bath. Plus he killed Johnny.

no, trevor is one of the funniest characters in gta.

but johnny was the most boring character in gta 4 (my own opinion).

LANNIS7ER

Did you... not play the game or something? 

Who gives a sh*t about his looks or personal hygiene, he IS a badass.

Trevor is GTA V

Japseye
On 6/4/2018 at 11:31 PM, Hmmm nice bike said:

Also, while I know this is a petty thing to complain about for a fictional character, I really hated his lack of personal hygiene. Even before the game came out, I was pretty grossed out by this scene described by Game Informer where we learn that Trevor doesn't really use toilet paper. I actualy thought "So we have to run around as a guy who doesn't even wipe his ass?!" Then again, maybe this makes him more relatable to certain people, lol.

A guy who enjoys dressing like a lady, eating and killing people for fun and you expect Trevor to be hygienic?

but no, Franklin is the worst character and most forgettable. If I wanted to watch a drug dealer I would move to Harlem

ddubz91

Short answer, nope.

Long answer, hell no! For me he is my favourite character in the whole franchise!  Everything I ever wanted, but I'm sure that says a lot about my own character in general haha. Everyone has different tastes, I don't believe Trevor is "worse" than any of the others really. All got their own style.

Cheatz/Trickz

I can’t work out if we’re supposed to think Trevor is funny, threatening or just weird. Is he the comic relief? If so, why is he built up to be a major threat before he is introduced? There seems to be a dissonance between the idea of Trevor, that is of a genuinely violent, intimidating drug addict, to the execution of him, in which all of his violent and weird tendencies are played for laughs. He does stuff that a more serious game would leave you feeling seriously disturbed by, the way Eddie Low does. 

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

Nss

Not the worst but definitely the most evil. He kill mah homeboy Jonathan and most likely r*ped poor Floyd. Trevor does admit to being bisexual, r*ping guys in prison and performing fellatio so they probably had some fun times. 

In early life he had trouble fitting into society, killed people, animals and even his own brother. If you have a listen to conversations between Niko and Eddie Low, Eddie says exactly what I believe a younger, introverted Trevor would say. I think he led a similar life to Eddie, before he met Michael. Alone, looking for boys to kill, r*pe and make a stew out of for his own pleasure. 

TheSantader25

Hell nah. GTA V would be a boring disappointment without T. Yes he is disgusting but who gives a sh*t it's GTA. 

Journey_95
9 hours ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

I can’t work out if we’re supposed to think Trevor is funny, threatening or just weird. Is he the comic relief? If so, why is he built up to be a major threat before he is introduced? There seems to be a dissonance between the idea of Trevor, that is of a genuinely violent, intimidating drug addict, to the execution of him, in which all of his violent and weird tendencies are played for laughs. He does stuff that a more serious game would leave you feeling seriously disturbed by, the way Eddie Low does. 

Yeah but they still wanted players to like Trevor and the more serious tone wasn't going to happen after the GTA IV bitching anyway. I guess it worked because Trevor is pretty popular. While I think his character is memorable and fun, he is definitely also rather messy in terms of writing, Rockstar just threw in everything "crazy" and edgy they could think of and called it a day.

Ondr4H

No, Trevor is interesting character.

He is completely psycho, but written to be likeable with good traits.He reminds me Mad Mel Gibson.

TheSantader25
On 6/13/2018 at 11:55 PM, Journey_95 said:

Yeah but they still wanted players to like Trevor and the more serious tone wasn't going to happen after the GTA IV bitching anyway. I guess it worked because Trevor is pretty popular. While I think his character is memorable and fun, he is definitely also rather messy in terms of writing, Rockstar just threw in everything "crazy" and edgy they could think of and called it a day.

Nope they didn't. He could be dumb. But he is one the most intelligent characters in the series. 

Psycho Se7eN

Trevor is awesome.

D9fred95
On 6/17/2018 at 10:15 AM, TheSantader25 said:

Nope they didn't. He could be dumb. But he is one the most intelligent characters in the series. 

He could be dumb but at the same time is one of the most intelligent characters in the series? So, like everyone else in the series from Tenpenny to Tommy to Salvatore all have the intelligence of a walnut compared to Trevor? At the same time you're unsure? You're certain but unsure simultaneously?

thc_404
On 6/7/2018 at 1:59 AM, tryagainlater said:

Trevor is the GTA character we deserve but not the one we necessarily want.

He justifies the rampages and murdering that we do in these games but his character was always gonna be insufferable.

I never had a problem justifying anything. It's a videogame.

TheSantader25
4 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

He could be dumb but at the same time is one of the most intelligent characters in the series? So, like everyone else in the series from Tenpenny to Tommy to Salvatore all have the intelligence of a walnut compared to Trevor? At the same time you're unsure? You're certain but unsure simultaneously?

You lack the skills to read amigo. I can't remember saying the other protagonists are dumb. I just said trevor is smarter. Most white trash hillbilly psychopaths in movies and games are dumb. Trevor isn't. So the point is, R* didn't throw everything that's edgy and ordinary to create his character. 

D9fred95
14 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

You lack the skills to read amigo. I can't remember saying the other protagonists are dumb. I just said trevor is smarter. Most white trash hillbilly psychopaths in movies and games are dumb. Trevor isn't. So the point is, R* didn't throw everything that's edgy and ordinary to create his character. 

Says I lack the skill to read while simultaneously suggesting something that wasn't said. Nowhere in your post did you say "compared to other hillbilly/redneck characters, Trevor is more intelligent". You broadly said he was "one the most intelligent characters in the series". This implies folks like Toreno or Cortez are on par with Trevor, a guy who is simply street smart and savvy (but not savvy enough to consider stealing nukes from government-backed mercenaries a bad idea). Journey didn't mention hillbilly's and rednecks either, they said "crazy and edgy" which can apply to non-Southern characters.

TheSantader25
55 minutes ago, D9fred95 said:

Says I lack the skill to read while simultaneously suggesting something that wasn't said. Nowhere in your post did you say "compared to other hillbilly/redneck characters, Trevor is more intelligent". You broadly said he was "one the most intelligent characters in the series". This implies folks like Toreno or Cortez are on par with Trevor, a guy who is simply street smart and savvy (but not savvy enough to consider stealing nukes from government-backed mercenaries a bad idea). Journey didn't mention hillbilly's and rednecks either, they said "crazy and edgy" which can apply to non-Southern characters.

Yeah the guy who recognizes his friend's quote from 9 years ago is dumb. A guy who manipulates every goddamn soul even michael himself is dumb. To get this straight let me tell you this. Trevor is one of the most intelligent protagonists in the series. Is that okay with you? I know it's hard to digest Johnny's death but the fact is Johnny boy is dead! Ain't nothing you can do about it. Hate all you can on trevor but that ain't gonna change facts. Have a nice day bruh. 

Edited by TheSantader25

GTAVGG
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Yeah the guy who recognizes his friend's quote from 9 years ago is dumb. A guy who manipulates every goddamn soul even michael himself is dumb. To get this straight let me tell you this. Trevor is one of the most intelligent protagonists in the series. Is that okay with you? I know it's hard to digest Johnny's death but the fact is Johnny boy is dead! Ain't nothing you can do about it. Hate all you can on trevor but that ain't gonna change facts. Have a nice day bruh. 

I’m gonna jump in and give my 2 cents. I don’t think Trevor is as smart as you’re making him out to be. I don’t think he’s dumb either, he clearly isn’t. But calling him one of the most intelligent characters in gta feels like a stretch

D9fred95
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

You are confusing "he's not as intelligent as someone like Toreno" as "he's completely inept". I'm not saying Trevor's dumb, I'm saying he's not as smart as some of the other characters in the franchise, something your original post implied. 

Why bring up Johnny? You've been reading Chiro's posts haven't you.