2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CoolMods

Should Trevor be considered the worst GTA character ever created?

flgta

He's just highly misunderstood. And...bizarre.¬†ūü§£ No doubt that he has lots of issues. I wouldn't go to say he's the worst though. I think he fits in the GTA world, as a character. I don't like him much (but he's fun) nor the other 2 but Michael was relatable to some, even though he betrayed his friends. Franklin was just boring to me and tagged along. After beating the game (story) I always play with Trevor afterwards because of his airfield alone. It would've been more convenient to have that trailer on the field be a second home. I wish the condo he was residing in near the beach was purchasable. Trevor is also a lot of fun with the missions especially the redneck shootout. 3 protagonist in the game, get to make a variety of choices about them and prefer one over the other, only a few or all of them. That's what having multiple protagonists is about.

damian001
Posted (edited)

All the GTA5  characters were sh*t. Franklin has only ONE friend in the game, and thats Lamar. He is not a believable character. He has no homies or anything. At least CJ has Ryder, Big Smoke, Sweet, OG Loc, Big Bear, etc.

Edited by damian001

Antonio"Toni"Hernandez
Posted (edited)

According to me too, yes. So irritating character. He should be killed by another one in the next game.

11 hours ago, damian001 said:

All the GTA5  characters were sh*t. Franklin has only ONE friend in the game, and thats Lamar. He is not a believable character. He has no homies or anything. At least CJ has Ryder, Big Smoke, Sweet, OG Loc, Big Bear, etc.

93 and 2013, maybe R* tried to imply loneliness of the current age lol. 

Edited by Antonio"Toni"Hernandez

TheSantader25
6 hours ago, Antonio"Toni"Hernandez said:

According to me too, yes. So irritating character. He should be killed by another one in the next game.

93 and 2013, maybe R* tried to imply loneliness of the current age lol. 

Well Trevor can't appear in the next GTA since he can be killed in V. 

Antonio"Toni"Hernandez
12 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Well Trevor can't appear in the next GTA since he can be killed in V. 

Yeah, but as you said too, he can be killed. Whether, he was killed or not is not apparent. Isn't there an example of it in the previous series? (I don't remember too though.) 

TheSantader25
17 minutes ago, Antonio"Toni"Hernandez said:

Yeah, but as you said too, he can be killed. Whether, he was killed or not is not apparent. Isn't there an example of it in the previous series? (I don't remember too though.) 

He can only appear if R* officially confirms that ending C is canon. If he appears out of thin air it would make the endings in V pointless. 

Another example in the series is Roman. You can see his and Niko's lifeinvader pages in Jimmy's laptop and that may confirm that the revenge ending in IV is canon. 

Antonio"Toni"Hernandez
11 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Another example in the series is Roman. 

Oh yes, true.

Am Shaegar

The lifeinvader page was a surprise to me. I am not sure whether Rockstar realises what an effect it will have on IVs story. If revenge ending automatically becomes canon from the story standpoint then that doesn't make IV standout from the prev games HAPPY endings as many people claim. Personally, The Deal ending makes more sense to me.

Pegorino was a useless character and Kate was not important enough of a character that I would car about. 

The lifeinvader page totally ruins the theme and the message in IV that they were going for.

D9fred95
7 hours ago, Am Shaegar said:

The lifeinvader page was a surprise to me. I am not sure whether Rockstar realises what an effect it will have on IVs story. If revenge ending automatically becomes canon from the story standpoint then that doesn't make IV standout from the prev games HAPPY endings as many people claim. Personally, The Deal ending makes more sense to me.

Pegorino was a useless character and Kate was not important enough of a character that I would car about. 

The lifeinvader page totally ruins the theme and the message in IV that they were going for.

I actually enjoyed Kate and went out on some dates with her. In a funny way, it's actually kind of good the Revenge ending could be canon. A somewhat happier ending to a story with many downers. Deal is more cinematic with the rain and drama, but if you stack sadness upon sadness with nothing happy in there, then you end up with Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy. Honestly it's a double-edged sword. If Revenge is canon, then like you said, what makes it stand out? But if Deal is canon, then folks would just complain that "the game is TOO dark". Not that they already don't but Deal would just add to it overall, the choice at least lets players decide for themselves.

On a similar note, I don't like the kill Trevor ending. It's tacked on and anti-climactic. I guess it would be different of all the other endings in the series, but for all the wrong reasons. A quick ending where you chase one of the main protagonists for two minutes, blow him up without a fight and all antagonists get away scott free. 

TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, D9fred95 said:

I actually enjoyed Kate and went out on some dates with her. In a funny way, it's actually kind of good the Revenge ending could be canon. A somewhat happier ending to a story with many downers. Deal is more cinematic with the rain and drama, but if you stack sadness upon sadness with nothing happy in there, then you end up with Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy. Honestly it's a double-edged sword. If Revenge is canon, then like you said, what makes it stand out? But if Deal is canon, then folks would just complain that "the game is TOO dark". Not that they already don't but Deal would just add to it overall, the choice at least lets players decide for themselves.

On a similar note, I don't like the kill Trevor ending. It's tacked on and anti-climactic. I guess it would be different of all the other endings in the series, but for all the wrong reasons. A quick ending where you chase one of the main protagonists for two minutes, blow him up without a fight and all antagonists get away scott free. 

I still think that it doesn't make sense for niko to not see pegorino come in the Revenge wedding. The deal ending doesn't have any plotholes. I think if they actually went for a totally happy ending in REVENGE where no one dies that could be better. 

In GTA V the KILL TREVOR ending doesn't make sense. Why a guy that doesn't give a sh*t the entire story and seems to be a one man army suddenly runs away from Franklin. He would kill Franklin in one second. The only explanation would be his abandonment issues kicking in again. Seeing yet another one of his friends betraying and abandoning him may have f*cked him up again. After all, it seems to be his only weakness. 

ddubz91
Posted (edited)

As Michael stated within the game during a mission, Trevor defies categorization in some ways.

Some see a psychopath who goes one way, then randomly outbursts and goes another way of blood, shed and gore. Some see him as a loyal, funny yet misunderstood character that has went through a lot of hardship throughout his life. Me personally, I just plainly see a hilarious character who is both extremely entertaining to both play, and watch. With his introduction to the game, when he violently kills off Johnny, that IMO, was the best way to really let the lightning strike down it's hammer to set the tone for what kind of protagonist he truly is - very bashful, f*cked up with a sense of humor, and a lack of empathy for certain people who get in his way. I firmly believe he represents a good part of the average GTA player, although that does not mean everyone will like him, or even understand him. I recognize the performance within both Trevor and Ogg, and that is what I found the most amazing.

This has probably all been said before, and if so, I apologize. I just found Trevor to be the best protagonist for me, ever, in the franchise. And I enjoy in partaking in conversations about him, both positive and negative. 

Edited by ddubz91
Needed more spaces and pineapples with jelly

iiCriminnaaL 49

To me, yes he is. He's even more annoying than Mori Kibbutz.

So, why don't I like him? "Because he killed your Johnny boy?"

Nah. Believe or not, but I don't really hate a character for killing one of my favorite characters. In video games and TV shows, I can relate to both the protagonist and antagonist, the murderer and the victim (take my profile's pic as an example ūüėõ). But I can't say the same about Philips.

As for Johnny's death; if anything, the only thing I would hate about it is the fact that R* wasted his character in such an horrible way. I don't find myself hating Michael for example, if R* had him kill Johnny instead.

The reasons why I can't stand Trevor are due to him being:

• Bully.
  • Bisexual.¬†(from what I know about him and his story, yes, he is.)
  • Dress wearer.
  • Ultimate psychopath.¬†(Diaz and Faustin are nothing of psychopaths compared to him. In fact, every other character is.)
  • Cannibal.
  • A jackass who has a crush on an ugly woman that's too old for him.
  • Too over the top.
  • Cartoonish.
  • Unhumorous.
  • A little crying girl. (ironically, people see Johnny as a crying kid, even though it's only Trevor who's actually a crying baby.)
  • An additional reason that would increase my hatred towards him a little bit more: being too ugly due to the effect of his drug addiction. As for drug addicted characters in the previous titles, they looked finer. (not a valid reason to actually hate him, but among the other reasons, this also helps me disliking him a little bit more.)

"But he's the only suitable character for free roaming and going on rampages."

As for claiming that he's suitable, no, I don't think so. Yes, he's the most psychopathic character up to date, but randomly killing people, blowing sh*t up and stealing properties isn't suitable even for him, unless we're talking about his drunkenness time. Either way, I don't even care about him being suitable for that or not. In fact, I can enjoy each of Victor Vance, Niko Bellic and Luis Lopez (even though they have the "good guy" vibe in them, besides being criminals) more than I do with Trevor (can't see myself comparing Trevor to them anyway), any day. No matter during missions, rampages, rides, or whatever.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

JasonAlexnder

should Trevor be considered the worst GTA character ever created?

not since Niko Bellic exists; no; he should not

Misunderstood
On 7/12/2018 at 8:34 AM, flgta said:

He's just highly misunderstood. And...bizarre.¬†ūü§£ No doubt that he has lots of issues. I wouldn't go to say he's the worst though. I think he fits in the GTA world, as a character. I don't like him much (but he's fun) nor the other 2 but Michael was relatable to some, even though he betrayed his friends. Franklin was just boring to me and tagged along. After beating the game (story) I always play with Trevor afterwards because of his airfield alone. It would've been more convenient to have that trailer on the field be a second home. I wish the condo he was residing in near the beach was purchasable. Trevor is also a lot of fun with the missions especially the redneck shootout. 3 protagonist in the game, get to make a variety of choices about them and prefer one over the other, only a few or all of them. That's what having multiple protagonists is about.

Come again?

Edited by Misunderstood

Laker23

With all due respect, your reasoning for him being the worst is because he's ugly and looks like he never took a bath? I'm not sure if you elaborated on that further in the topic, so apologies if you did.

To answer the question simply, no. I can think of multiple characters who are far, far worse than him. I completely understand why people do hate him, he's obnoxious and too over the top at times. But give me somebody with some actual personality like him, rather than a cookie cutter character who I barely notice.

Ertan Soner

Well no...I don't like him but he is not worst I guess. 

Wackyshrek

Nah, if I'm being honest, Christian Feltz fits this title, as you most likely never use him. Let's be honest you either use Paige or Ricky, because there's no purpose for Christian.

TheSantader25
10 hours ago, Wackyshrek said:

Nah, if I'm being honest, Christian Feltz fits this title, as you most likely never use him. Let's be honest you either use Paige or Ricky, because there's no purpose for Christian.

Ironically I always used feltz in my first two playthroughs of the game because he had a balance between cut and skills. 

Wackyshrek
12 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Ironically I always used feltz in my first two playthroughs of the game because he had a balance between cut and skills. 

I haven't used Feltz, here's why. 

For the Jewelry heist, I always use the loud option, and Rickie (as he gives exactly enough time to strip the store completely.), Packie McReary (as paying him 12% is cheaper than paying for Norm's 7% and his funeral expenses.), and Karim. 

Moving onward to the Paleto Heist, I use Packie again, as for me I do better with Packie/Chef. 

I always do the night stealth option for raiding the FIB and I use Rickie, Norm, and Talianna. 

The UD heist is so damn better. In the UD heist your gunners could be f*cking James Bond or a pile of dog sh*t cause it doesn't matter. I always use Norm and Hugh. Then Talianna always flies the other Frogger and Karim gets to f*ck around with the train.

El Zodape

"H-he's dead in my game, haha. Ending A i-is the canon ending b-because Trevor is a pussy. J-Johnny respawned in Liberty City".

hMMnTAN.jpg

Haha365

From the worst. I could place many others ahead of him.