Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,273 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CoolMods

Should Trevor be considered the worst GTA character ever created?

CharliesHead
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Yeah the guy who recognizes his friend's quote from 9 years ago is dumb. A guy who manipulates every goddamn soul even michael himself is dumb. To get this straight let me tell you this. Trevor is one of the most intelligent protagonists in the series. Is that okay with you? I know it's hard to digest Johnny's death but the fact is Johnny boy is dead! Ain't nothing you can do about it. Hate all you can on trevor but that ain't gonna change facts. Have a nice day bruh. 

I’m gonna jump in and give my 2 cents. I don’t think Trevor is as smart as you’re making him out to be. I don’t think he’s dumb either, he clearly isn’t. But calling him one of the most intelligent characters in gta feels like a stretch

D9fred95

Yeah the guy who recognizes his friend's quote from 9 years ago is dumb. A guy who manipulates every goddamn soul even michael himself is dumb. To get this straight let me tell you this. Trevor is one of the most intelligent protagonists in the series. Is that okay with you? I know it's hard to digest Johnny's death but the fact is Johnny boy is dead! Ain't nothing you can do about it. Hate all you can on trevor but that ain't gonna change facts. Have a nice day bruh. 

You are confusing "he's not as intelligent as someone like Toreno" as "he's completely inept". I'm not saying Trevor's dumb, I'm saying he's not as smart as some of the other characters in the franchise, something your original post implied. 

Why bring up Johnny? You've been reading Chiro's posts haven't you.

TheSantader25
6 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

You are confusing "he's not as intelligent as someone like Toreno" as "he's completely inept". I'm not saying Trevor's dumb, I'm saying he's not as smart as some of the other characters in the franchise, something your original post implied. 

Why bring up Johnny? You've been reading Chiro's posts haven't you.

He is not as smart as some of the characters but protagonists? Yes he is

Algonquin Assassin
10 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

Says I lack the skill to read while simultaneously suggesting something that wasn't said. Nowhere in your post did you say "compared to other hillbilly/redneck characters, Trevor is more intelligent". You broadly said he was "one the most intelligent characters in the series". This implies folks like Toreno or Cortez are on par with Trevor, a guy who is simply street smart and savvy (but not savvy enough to consider stealing nukes from government-backed mercenaries a bad idea). Journey didn't mention hillbilly's and rednecks either, they said "crazy and edgy" which can apply to non-Southern characters.

I should also add he carries on believing Brad's still alive after he catches back up with Michael. Not once does it ever cross his mind that he was being played like a fiddle despite seeing Brad laying on the ground in a pool of blood after he was shot. I knew Brad was dead before the opening credits had even started.

He has basic street smarts, but a criminal mastermind he is not.

TheSantader25
19 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I should also add he carries on believing Brad's still alive after he catches back up with Michael. Not once does it ever cross his mind that he was being played like a fiddle despite seeing Brad laying on the ground in a pool of blood after he was shot. I knew Brad was dead before the opening credits had even started.

He has basic street smarts, but a criminal mastermind he is not.

That's called loyalty. He never believed Michael could do such a thing. Trevor's only weakness is his loyalty and his mom. The fact that he figured it out despite being blind by his loyalty towards Michael says a lot. 

CharliesHead

Just putting this out here, Trevor thought Inc. was short for industries, not incoperated.

TheSantader25
25 minutes ago, CharliesHead said:

Just putting this out here, Trevor thought Inc. was short for industries, not incoperated.

Uneducated doesn't mean anything. You can even see he has a lot of misspellings in his emails but the fact that he comments on the world's trends and government conspiracies despite living in ignorance says a lot. 

CharliesHead
21 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Uneducated doesn't mean anything. You can even see he has a lot of misspellings in his emails but the fact that he comments on the world's trends and government conspiracies despite living in ignorance says a lot. 

If he’s as smart as you say he is then I’m pretty sure he could put 2 and 2 together and figure out that inc. means incoperated and not industries. And you used that he remembered his friends quote from 9 years ago as a sign of his intelligence but Trevor constantly forgets that his own company is called Trevor Philips Enterprise and constantly through out the entire game calls it various other names.

Also I’m pretty sure if you live in ignorance yet understand current world trends and government then chances are you’re not living in ignorance.

Edited by CharliesHead

TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, CharliesHead said:

If he’s as smart as you say he is then I’m pretty sure he could put 2 and 2 together and figure out that inc. means incoperated and not industries. And you used that he remembered his friends quote from 9 years ago as a sign of his intelligence but Trevor constantly forgets that his own company is called Trevor Philips Enterprise and constantly through out the entire game calls it various other names.

Also I’m pretty sure if you live in ignorance yet understand current world trends and government then chances are you’re not living in ignorance.

Now you are bringing up things that don't mean anything. Your hatred has clouded your vision. Why tf a guy like trevor should even care about his company's name.

Trevor doesn't give a sh*t about names and representation. He cares about actions. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Algonquin Assassin

That's called loyalty. He never believed Michael could do such a thing. Trevor's only weakness is his loyalty and his mom. The fact that he figured it out despite being blind by his loyalty towards Michael says a lot. 

I'm not talking about loyalty. He physically saw Brad dying on the ground yet are we supposed to believe in the 9 years he never once had doubts?

13 minutes ago, CharliesHead said:

That's always really annoyed me. It's like he finds it hard to maintain some consistency. 

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I'm not talking about loyalty. He physically saw Brad dying on the ground yet are we supposed to believe in the 9 years he never once had doubts?

That's always really annoyed me. It's like he finds it hard to maintain some consistency. 

I believed brad was dead as well until I saw the emails . So who did you think is sending those emails to trevor until dave talked about it in by the book. Put yourself at Trevor's shoes. Imagine receiving constant emails from a guy you like. What would you think?you're judging trevor by looking at him at michaels perspective. 

Also consistency or not it's one of his personality traits and a sign of his intelligence. You need to understand that people don't always behave the way you think they should. That's why you can't understand characters like CJ or trevor. 

CharliesHead
11 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Now you are bringing up things that don't mean anything. Your hatred has clouded your vision. Why tf a guy like trevor should even care about his company's name.

Trevor doesn't give a sh*t about names and representation. He cares about actions. 

From a guy who boasts about his company on multiple occasions and writes the company's name on the side of a helicopter, I'd assume he would care about his companies name and representation but maybe I'm just getting the wrong vibe from all that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheSantader25
Just now, CharliesHead said:

From a guy who boasts about his company on multiple occasions and writes the company's name on the side of a helicopter, I'd assume he would care about his companies name and representation but maybe I'm just getting the wrong vibe from all that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah from a guy who writes the word f*ck on his hand and his helicopter what do you expect? Do you anything less than misspellings? 

Utopianthumbs

Regardless of what he calls his company, the fact that Trevor virtually runs TP enterprises by himself rather successfully in the face of stiff competition from the Triads and various other gangs ( admittedly requires mostly brawn but also some brain as well ) shows that while smartest character may be a stretch, T is smarter than most people give him credit for and not just some dumb redneck

As for the topic, these things are subjective really. To me T is far from the worst character, there are worse characters in his own game itself. He may not be among my favourites but I think Trevor is better than most people give him credit for and I had fun playing as him

CharliesHead

Yeah from a guy who writes the word f*ck on his hand and his helicopter what do you expect? Do you anything less than misspellings? 

I expect for a character who boasts about his business multiple times to at least remember the name of said business.

Look mate, I do dislike Trevor as a character, but I don't think he's dumb. I really don't. I just don't think he's as smart as you make him out to be. That's it. Also, I'm not going to continue this discussion when half of your counterarguments to mine are "that doesn't mean anything."

2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Uneducated doesn't mean anything.

Now you are bringing up things that don't mean anything.

TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, CharliesHead said:

I expect for a character who boasts about his business multiple times to at least remember the name of said business.

Look mate, I do dislike Trevor as a character, but I don't think he's dumb. I really don't. I just don't think he's as smart as you make him out to be. That's it. Also, I'm not going to continue this discussion when half of your counterarguments to mine are "that doesn't mean anything."

Alright then suit yourself. 

The fact is we're sitting here ignoring the MAIN points like remembering a quote from 9 years ago. Manipulating. Commenting interesting ideas about the world trends and politics. Figuring out a betrayal despite being blinded by loyalty BUT we care about misspellings and renaming a company different for an Uneducated guy.  That's really unfair. 

Edited by TheSantader25

JuliusCaesar
1 hour ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I believe when he got the first letter from Brad saying he survived he was lonely, alone, and happy his friend was alive - clung to it.

I think that he keeps renaming his business because it highlights the fact that it isn't a real on-paper legal business. It may be that it is intended to be funny and point out that he is illegitimate in every way.

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, JuliusCaesar said:

I believe when he got the first letter from Brad saying he survived he was lonely, alone, and happy his friend was alive - clung to it.

I think that he keeps renaming his business because it highlights the fact that it isn't a real on-paper legal business. It may be that it is intended to be funny and point out that he is illegitimate in every way.

Trevor IS so under the influence of abandonment issues. It's totally understandable that he thought brad was alive. People here just see him as a disgusting redneck. But don't understand who he really is under that disgusting front. And it's not even his fault that he turned out the way he did. 

KD142000

I think Franklin is more fitting of that title. To me, Franklin had pretty much no character at all. The only real 'characters' out of the three are Michael and Trevor.

I don't think Trevor is a bad character at all. He might be over the top but at least he has more than one emotion, like Franklin.

Jack Lupino

lol this thread is ridiculous.

Trevor is one of the best protagonist of the hd era.

Worst is Johnny or Huang lee.

Tycek

Was there any scientific research done in this topic before you decided to post it or is he the best because you said so?

TheSantader25
11 minutes ago, Tycek said:

Was there any scientific research done in this topic before you decided to post it or is he the best because you said so?

The same reason NIKO MOANIC is the best in your books. 

Opinions. Deal with it. 

Tycek

You should take your advice and deal with ThatBenGuy's opinions in the other thread then instead of going full butthurt and call him haters and fanboys.

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, Tycek said:

You should take your advice and deal with ThatBenGuy's opinions in the other thread then instead of going full butthurt and call him haters and fanboys.

I accept if he hates trevor but saying

He  was simply made just for the sake of being edgy, but at the same time, so are many other GTA V characters. Little to no effort put into them.

Is submiting facts outta nowhere so yeah. 

Edited by TheSantader25

scalliano

No, because Massimo Torini exists.