1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

CoolMods

Should Trevor be considered the worst GTA character ever created?

MARKUS.

Lets get this sh*t straight, if he didnt kill J.K, he would be considered one of the best and most charismatic characters of all the saga

Penguin Bob

No. But he is considered the most overrated character.

Tycek

Lets get this sh*t straight, if he didnt kill J.K, he would be considered one of the best and most charismatic characters of all the saga

Not by all GTA players he would.

I don't like the pointless and totally unfitting way Johnny was killed, but initially it didn't bother me as much. It was Trevor's bickering and antics powered by personality disorder that put the sand in my gears. I wanted to like him at first, but further into the game he became just a liability. His idiotic switching mechanics (waking up at the end of the map guaranteeing 10 minute trip to the nearest road while looking at his dangling hose or constant intoxication which lead to many pointless cop chases) combined with already mentioned problems with grey matter, made me hate him. Only reason why I didn't kill him in my second playthrough was McKenzie airport missions and Oscar Guzman.

Lock n' Stock

Trevor is either a character you love or hate. I'll say that he is the most fun to play as and does provide some fun comic relief, though I can understand how his schtick would get old for some people real fast.

GTAFanClub

I think he is one of the best. He was definitely the most fun to play and actually had an interesting story to his character.

Johnny Spaz

I think Trevor is the most brilliant GTA character, hes deffo my favorite. I liked that he got rid of that Johnny clown. As someone before me said - he fits the madness of the GTA5 universe perfectly. Come on now - we spend our time in this game running over people, shooting them in the face and beating them with bats after all ahaa!

All three characters have brilliant voice acting so full props to the voice actors. I like the other 2 characters also.

Why is Johnny a clown?

ChiroVette

Why is Johnny a clown?

Because he is.

lol Seriously, some people consider Trevor a clown, or Michael and/or Franklin. I am playing through the Episodes now, starting with TLaD, and I can kind of see how Johnny is a clown. So far, the guy has like zero personality. Not just because I hate IV, either. I am just not feeling the guy's almost deadpan demeanor most of the time. Add to that the fact that he turned into a drug-addled cockold in Blaine County and was stomped out by Trevor, and I can kind of see why some people might consider Johnny a clown.

BurnettVice

No he shouldn't. Trevor is a badass, loyal, and funny. Dude gives no f*cks. Off-topic but I really wanted to see what Trevor and Johnny's relationship was before GTA V. I can see Trevor rolling his eyes as Johnny is telling his past glories lol.

Journey_95

He is too cartoony to take seriously but still overall an entertaining character imho. think he gets too much hate on these forums

CoolMods

Everybody, how can you like that ugly twat? He is ugly

Dude, you're playing as him in a videogame, not dating him.

Niko, The Forgettable! :r*::r*:

Uhm. I know that, but nobody would ever play as an ugly character. Niko and johnny where much better characters. Niko was awesome, thought it would suck if he will get killed in GTA 6.

VictorVance1239
Posted (edited)

Trevor definitely the most globally unlikable from what I've seen over the years of this games existence. Should have been made the final villain that starts out as your friend imo.

oh cool. people are still posting hate threads about gta 5. thats funny. i mean seriously. the game has been out nearly 5 years and people still keep hating on this game. but to answer the question. no he is not the worst character of the series. in fact he is one of my favorites.

No info on a new game so there's not much else for the offline GTA fanbase to talk about.

Edited by VictorVance1239

CoolMods

Trevor definitely the most globally unlikable from what I've seen over the years of this games existence. Should have been made the final villain that starts out as your friend imo.

Finnaly someone understands the truth!

VictorVance1239
Posted (edited)

Everybody, how can you like that ugly twat? He is ugly

Dude, you're playing as him in a videogame, not dating him.

Niko, The Forgettable! :r*::r*:

Uhm. I know that, but nobody would ever play as an ugly character. Niko and johnny where much better characters. Niko was awesome, thought it would suck if he will get killed in GTA 6.

Super Mario isn't exactly the handsomest character ever yet no one ever complained about that. They just play the game. I don't think it's any different with GTA. Definitely not for me anyway.

Edited by VictorVance1239

ChiroVette
Posted (edited)

You know, I was going to say that Niko was the WORST character in the history of the franchise. But then I remembered that I started playing the Episodes last week just to see what they were all about. I started with TLaD. After shooting all the dumb birds, getting far enough to open up the bike races and the gang wars, completing all 50 gang and all the races easily enough, then I got bored and stopped playing. I now realize that Niko may not be the worst GTA protagonist. Johnny K actually is worse, more boring, with almost zero personality. More on topic, Niko may not be as bad, deadpan, and lackluster as Johnny K, but he is definitely a close second!

Trevor, on the other hand, is arguably the single best, or at least one of the best, GTA protagonists.

Not only because of Ogg's stellar performance, but because he is written, timed, and juxtaposed with Franklin and Michael so well. Hopefully GTA 6 will see Niko get the same treatment as Johnny K received in Mr Phillips.

On a side note, I did take the time to apply the music restoring mod that George Castanza posted, so I will try my best to summon the will to at least soldier through TLaD.

Edited by ChiroVette

VictorVance1239

I hope Mr Phillips gets that treatment instead. To each their own. For me Johnny had great character. He had a vision to turn the Lost into a biker gang that made smarter choices but Billy just wanted the do the same old gun blazing crap. Him and Trevor would probably get along.

ChiroVette

I hope Mr Phillips gets that treatment instead. To each their own. For me Johnny had great character. He had a vision to turn the Lost into a biker gang that made smarter choices but Billy just wanted the do the same old gun blazing crap. Him and Trevor would probably get along.

The writing wasn't bad. It just feels really cliche a lot of the time. For instance, I think a show like Sons of Anarchy really nails the biker theme and was incredibly enjoyable. Maybe its more the voice actor that played Johnny that irks me. But some of the dialog in TLaD is decent enough. Its just from a narrative standpoint the story feels forced and stilted a lot of the time. Like I said, maybe its the voice actor(s).

MDNA

Franklin is soooo much worse than Trevor.

.Smaher.

Lol, no.

KY Jello

Umm...Ending A.

.Smaher.

Killing Trevor =/= killing final villain. Its just a mission where you end up killing your friend out of circumstance.

eCola

No, of course not. I pray to Trevor every night

Miamivicecity

It's a bit of a stretch to say he's the absolute worst character in the entire series, but he was more interesting as a concept than in practice IMO. He'd be much higher up for me atleast if he was treated less of a circus side show comedy act and more of a genuine psychopath that makes people fear him. A bit like Vaas from Far Cry 3.

He has his moments sure however like Tycek I wanted to like him, but every time I just end up being irritated and only switch to him if I absolutely have to. I appreciate the idea just not the execution.

VictorVance1239

Umm...Ending A.

I know all about all 3 endings. I'm saying I'd rather he'd been a NPC contact up until a certain point where he becomes the villain and you kill him in the end similarly.

DetectivePhelps

Every character has its flaw but option C is my only choice.

No way would I let some annoying piece of scum like devo or haines dictate my choices.

Hes annoying, sure but Devo was a selfish ass who never paid up. Run here, run there like a loyal dog that gets no bone in the end!

Trevor saved Lamars ass for Frank, Mike who didnt have saved Lamars ass for Frank when F needed his frirnds to help, loyalty doesnt run any deeper than that.

Just my 2 cents.

Tao Cheng

Plus he killed Johnny.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! HE KILLED JOHNNY!!!! WHAT DO I DO???//

Trevor's character is meh... but he brings up the destructive, kill everything on sight, Twisted Metal style in me. And I usually play GTA as a smooth driver that tries not to run over people and obey traffic laws when not in a mission. Such style is displayed here:

ThatKyloRenGuy

I’m in full agreement with Tycek and Algonquin Assassin about Trevor. There were times where I wanted to like him or give him a second chance but he still later on down the road managed to screw it up and ruin it for me. Do I think he’s the worst GTA character ever? No. Even though he killed Johnny Klebitz, which was totally a douchebag move in my honest opinion, considering he initially provoked Johnny, there are still characters I dislike more. Mostly within GTA V though.

Crossbones

Well, Trevor is nowhere my favorite protagonist, he is nowhere my favorite character but I don't think he is the worst character ever created. The worst character ever created is Mori kibbutz,  is the most annoying and unlikable. It was fun to play as Trevor when not on mission. Also, he has some great dialogue too. Though, he killed Johnny which makes him unlikable but he is not the worst.

SanLiberty
On 4/30/2018 at 3:49 PM, ChiroVette said:

You know, I was going to say that Niko was the WORST character in the history of the franchise. But then I remembered that I started playing the Episodes last week just to see what they were all about. I started with TLaD. After shooting all the dumb birds, getting far enough to open up the bike races and the gang wars, completing all 50 gang and all the races easily enough, then I got bored and stopped playing. I now realize that Niko may not be the worst GTA protagonist. Johnny K actually is worse, more boring, with almost zero personality. More on topic, Niko may not be as bad, deadpan, and lackluster as Johnny K, but he is definitely a close second!

Trevor, on the other hand, is arguably the single best, or at least one of the best, GTA protagonists.

Not only because of Ogg's stellar performance, but because he is written, timed, and juxtaposed with Franklin and Michael so well. Hopefully GTA 6 will see Niko get the same treatment as Johnny K received in Mr Phillips.

On a side note, I did take the time to apply the music restoring mod that George Castanza posted, so I will try my best to summon the will to at least soldier through TLaD.

Uhh...are you a troll?

On topic now, I don't think Trevor is exactly the WORST CHARACTER EVER IN GTA but I definitely think he's the worst GTA protagonist.

Domac

Trevor is an immitation of an average GTA player - shooting, killing, acting like a maniac, etc.

He was written well out of the other two. IMO Franklin is more boring, and kind off dissapointing because when I saw his trailer I instantly tought - "Oh look! Carl Johnson got some competition!" - and then we got him. I wish that there were more gang-related missions with more of Franklin's background uncovered.

Michael is the best written out of the GTA V trio, probably becsuse he is the first one who Dan Houser tought of, and the first one that was developed.

The best GTA character? I'd say CJ because he's a fool, but in a funny way. His reactions to some scenes in the games are funny, especially his high-pitched voice when falling or dying.

Not far from him would be Niko, etc. I've went off topic.

thc_404

No worse than Michael or Franklin if you ask me. Either way, they're all three totally forgetable.