Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

iiCriminnaaL 49

The Hardcore Lost MC

Recommended Posts

iiCriminnaaL 49
22 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

For future reference if you end up messing with the mod/peds again, you can make certain heads only apply to certain body parts if you want to (thought we couldn't when trying to do bouncer head to bouncer torso only, etc...). You just have to look up M_Y_Gangels_02's texture file for an example. He has a hair model that never gets applied to his bald and white haired variant.because they have different extensions (head texture ends in _lat but there are no _uni or _lat hair textures so the model doesn't get applied).

That would be very interesting to try.

 

I was planning to add the extra beard model from M_Y_Bouncer_01 (suse_000) to M_Y_GLost_04, but wanted it to only attach to the second head model.

 

Might try it out very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, B Dawg said:

For future reference if you end up messing with the mod/peds again, you can make certain heads only apply to certain body parts if you want to (thought we couldn't when trying to do bouncer head to bouncer torso only, etc...). You just have to look up M_Y_Gangels_02's texture file for an example. He has a hair model that never gets applied to his bald and white haired variant.because they have different extensions (head texture ends in _lat but there are no _uni or _lat hair textures so the model doesn't get applied).

There's also a model that is written to not attach with another is the vest's model (suse_001). It only attaches with uppr_001, but never with uppr_000. I've tried to do the same with the beard's model (suse_000 from Bouncer but renamed to teef_001), but for some reason it still applies to both head models, not only head_001.

 

Edit: I've done various changes to their values in pedVariations.dat. I managed to make the beard model load randomly, instead of loading in every Lost ped that spawns. Still didn't manage to disable it from head_000.

 

It worked. I renamed the extensions of the first head model to _lat. It works well in free roam, but not with the arm wrestling bikers. There you can see Lost 01's hair model attached to a bald head, and Lost 04's beard model attached to the first head model. And while Lost 01 is re-skinned Angel 02, the latter doesn't seem to have any issues in the arm wrestling minigame. Not sure what causes that, but I'm sure it's related to arm_wrestling.sco or some script.

 

I also disabled the long black hair from attaching to the blonde and white bearded Lost 04 peds since it feels out of place with them.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg
Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2019 at 8:26 PM, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

It worked. I renamed the extensions of the first head model to _lat. It works well in free roam, but not with the arm wrestling bikers. There you can see Lost 01's hair model attached to a bald head, and Lost 04's beard model attached to the first head model. And while Lost 01 is re-skinned Angel 02, the latter doesn't seem to have any issues in the arm wrestling minigame. Not sure what causes that, but I'm sure it's related to arm_wrestling.sco or some script.

The script maybe doesn't apply any randomization/just applies 1st/default model/texture of everything to the arm wrestlers I guess? You can get around that by swapping the places/numbers of the two hair models maybe (no hair model as 000, hair as 001, etc...), same with the beard on the other guy.

Edited by B Dawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, B Dawg said:

The script maybe doesn't apply any randomization/just applies 1st/default model/texture of everything to the arm wrestlers I guess? You can get around that by swapping the places/numbers of the two hair models maybe (no hair model as 000, hair as 001, etc...), same with the beard on the other guy.

Could be. But what surprises me is that the same model (different ped ID of course) in the Angels of Death's arm wrestling location doesn't have that problem.

 

I'll see if swapping their numbers solves the problem.

 

Tried that out. It made them don't load at all for some reason, even though I renamed them properly in .wdd, .wtd and pedVariations.dat.

 

I actually prefer them without that hair model anyway, but again, they add some more variety. Thinking of cutting them out, but still not sure...

 

Decided to do so. It's already done. Also, since I previously created black versions of the hair and facial hair textures in Lost 02, I renamed the extensions of its head textures to _whi, duplicated them but with _bla, and separated the extensions of the black versions from the brown ones. This will disable the model from loading two different hair colors (ex: brown hair and black goatee) in the same ped.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49

Updated:

  • Reverted the brown eagle logo of The Lost MC back to normal, meanwhile without blood effects nor red eyes. The brown part is kept a little redder than default, beak and leg were desaturated a little. That affects Billy, Jim, Terry, LostBuddy_08, LostBuddy_10, LostBuddy_11M_Y_GLost_03, M_Y_GLost_04, M_Y_GLost_06, F_Y_GLost_03, F_Y_GLost_04, M_Y_Bouncer_01, Billy's separate vest (WaistCoat in map properties and cutscenes files), The Lost's outdoor doors and The Lost's glass (only used in cutscenes).
  • Improved the lightning textures of Johnny's mustache, enhanced the mustache's texture to look more realistic and more appropriate to its lightning textures, and reverted his eyes' color to green.
  • Scrapped the hair model from M_Y_GLost_01. Scars on the old biker were also reduced, again. Additionally, scrapped the helmet textures that have The Lost MC's logo painted on them. It looks better when it's blank.
  • Disabled M_Y_GLost_02 from loading two different hair colors in the same ped (ex: brown hair and black goatee). In addition, the shirts that are attached to the leather jackets are now blank.
  • Disabled the white and blonde bearded M_Y_GLost_04 bikers from loading the black long hair, and added M_Y_Bouncer_01's beard model to attach with the head model that was copied from the later to the former just recently.
  • Created a white hair texture for the white haired biker of M_Y_GAngels_02.

Among the enhancements I've been doing just recently, you might've noticed that a couple of them were back-offs. That's only because I'm trying to make everything polished, appropriate and in place, as much as possible.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg

Looks like you mixed up the hair textures for 05, no hair texture applies to hair model and actual hair textures to no hair model (howd u mess that up when it was correctly done in the last version) 😛

 

Edit: Turns out 04 doesn't display texture on the long hair, thought it would be just OpenIV because of the _extensions

 

Edit 2: This could possibly apply to another biker but I'll have to test

Another thing regarding 05, you gave him a clean black shirt (uppr_diff_000_c_uni), but since the normal and specular have 69 on them, the number will shine on the shirt, so you'll need to remove it off the normal/specular. This is not as noticeable with the shirt variant that has the eagle and the flag on it.

ZZxtwkD.png

Edited by B Dawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
25 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

Looks like you mixed up the hair textures for 05, no hair texture applies to hair model and actual hair textures to no hair model (howd u mess that up when it was correctly done in the last version) 😛

Yeah, you're right lol. Damn, I switched the numbers of the hair models and textures, but forgot to include the .wdd file in the archive.

 

25 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

Edit: Turns out 04 doesn't display texture on the long hair, thought it would be just OpenIV because of the _extensions

I think it does. It has two textures, but I duplicated them; two with _whi and two with _lat, so that they won't apply to the white and blonde bearded bikers, which I made end with _bla. The _lat extension applies to a black bearded biker from the second head model, whereas _whi applies to the first head model (M_Y_Bouncer_01's, since I also added its beard with the extension _whi).

 

Btw, do you know if there's any other extension apart from _uni/whi/lat/bla? There's _chi. Might be useful. I'm thinking of renaming the white bearded M_Y_GLost_04 biker's extension to _chi, and create a white long hair with the same extension to attach to it.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg

Oh wait I see the problem, turns out its another hair texture mixup just like with 05. No hair textures for hair model, hair textures for no hair.

Also edited the post regarding some other stuff.

Edited by B Dawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
28 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

Another thing regarding 05, you gave him a clean black shirt (uppr_diff_000_c_uni), but since the normal and specular have 69 on them, the number will shine on the shirt, so you'll need to remove it off the normal/specular. This is not as noticeable with the shirt variant that has the eagle and the flag on it.

ZZxtwkD.png

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm not sure if it'll be possible to properly remove the number from the normal texture, but I'll see what I can do.

 

2 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

Oh wait I see the problem, turns out its another hair mixup. No hair textures for hair model, hair textures for no hair.

Also edited the post regarding some other stuff.

aeIYgNG.png

Yeah. I guess I forgot to include the new .wdd that I had after reversing the numbers. I'll fix it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg
23 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm not sure if it'll be possible to properly remove the number from the normal texture, but I'll see what I can do.

I tried it, isn't perfect but looks fine in game:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz08ij41a7yoioc/glost05newnormalspec.zip?dl=0

 

Edited by B Dawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.