2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

[IV/EFLC] The Hardcore Lost MC

iiCriminnaaL

iiCriminnaaL
  • M_Y_GLost_02's list of voice lines that was previously replaced with one of M_Y_GBik_Hi_01's has been replaced with one that belongs to M_Y_GBik02_Lo_02, given the fact that the latter is younger and has a voice line that refers to The Lost.

• Voice lines of M_Y_GLost_03 and M_Y_GLost_04 have been switched.

• A shirt of M_Y_GLost_04/06's shirts has been re-colored to dark green.

• LostBuddy_10's shirt has been re-colored to dark green.

• Mip-Maps have been maximized for every texture of the LostBuddy files.
Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49
  • Like 2

iiCriminnaaL
  • Saturation of various Lost MC clothes have been increased, including those of Johnny, some Lost Buddies and regular Lost MC members. Some outfits have been re-colored as well.
  • Angus' texture changes have been reverted.
  • Dave's shirt color has been reverted back to default (washed, light green).
  • The white hair and beard variation of M_Y_GLost_01 has been darkened.
  • The white beard variation of M_Y_GLost_04 and LostBuddy_04 now noticeably tends to blonde.
  • M_Y_GLost_05 has been reverted back to default, albeit with some texture enhancements, in addition to replacing the mask with helmet.
  • A low quality shirt texture of M_Y_GLost_06 has been replaced with one with higher quality.
  • LostBuddy_07 has been reverted back to default, with the blue fire bandana changed to the normal, brown version of M_Y_GLost_06.
  • LostBuddy_12 has been replaced with the previous version of LostBuddy_07 (which was a combination of M_Y_GBik_Lo_01 and M_Y_Bouncer_01 from GTA IV).
  • LostBuddy_13 has been reverted back to default, albeit replacing the mask with helmet.
  • Corrected a typo that prevented a certain Zombie B color variation from loading.

Something was causing IV to have extreme texture pop in similar to when you mod vehicles.img and I think I've narrowed it down to this mod, any idea what it may be? I know there are a lot of variables to consider.

The mods I installed are as follows and were in this order, the game is currently running fine with this setup:

1. EFLC PC Quality Texture Update v0.2 (just textures for tbogt)

2. GTAIV.EFLC.FusionFix

3. IV.Project2DFXv4.4

4. IVCEDOWNGRADE

5. Potential Grim (GTA IV)

6. Responsive Plus (GTA IV)

The texture popping usually occurs in Alderney, not sure if that is a clue?

Edited by ceaton88
Forgot radio downgrade
  • Like 1

iiCriminnaaL
22 hours ago, ceaton88 said:

Something was causing IV to have extreme texture pop in similar to when you mod vehicles.img and I think I've narrowed it down to this mod, any idea what it may be? I know there are a lot of variables to consider.

The mods I installed are as follows and were in this order, the game is currently running fine with this setup:

1. EFLC PC Quality Texture Update v0.2 (just textures for tbogt)

2. GTAIV.EFLC.FusionFix

3. IV.Project2DFXv4.4

4. IVCEDOWNGRADE

5. Potential Grim (GTA IV)

6. Responsive Plus (GTA IV)

The texture popping usually occurs in Alderney, not sure if that is a clue?

I don't get what you mean by texture popping. I assume it's about jaggies/z-fighting?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 11:00 PM, ceaton88 said:

I guess it could be a result of the peds having so many variations & uncompressed textures so they would remain high quality (file size of peds is way larger than vanilla ones). I suppose RIL Budgeted with modified peds budget value could help Edit: or faster hard drive/SSD

On that note @modauthor I don't think you should leave specular maps in ARGB8888 (or maybe even normal maps) since I doubt those make anywhere near as much of a quality impact (if any) as the diffuse textures themselves. And one thing I always forgot to mention is that m_y_glost_02 (as well as the original m_y_gangels_04 he was based on) has normal and specular map swapped for the tank top torso (and hence why his arms can look weirdly shiny in the rain), easily fixed in the openformats .odd file.

Also, I found out you could save a few KBs of space by changing pixel format (via OpenIV) to L8 for any grayscale textures.in comparison to ARGB8888.

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't know if you've ever noticed it (and don't know if this is an AMD only broken shader like water is, but probably not) but I've noticed that alpha channels don't do anything for meshes that use the gta_ped.sps shader. This is fixable by just changing the shader used to gta_ped_alpha.sps (used by the mod's M_Y_GAngels_04, at first I used the hair shader which worked too without anything being weird then found out about this one) in the Openformats file.

Comparison picture (vanilla vs fixed, in your mod it's white instead of black but I was messing with it to see what's up with it):

FyeIpEZ.png

You can do the same thing to fix Lostbuddy_08's chains.

Another thing related to the fatman above that I've noticed is that M_Y_GLost_06, Lostbuddy_02 and _10 actually have different torso meshes (very minimal differences except for buddy 02 being fatter). Because of that, Lostbuddy_10 ends up having noticeable clipping issues with the vest when moving (or at least with the walkstyle I gave him), so you can fix that by just taking the regular ped's torso mesh if it's noticeable on your end.

Also, if you're interested, I adapted M_Y_GAngels04_Full_01 voice lines to be used for his Lost version M_Y_GLost_02 (by using M_Y_GLost01_Full_01 as a base and slowly replacing voice lines one by one lol), then you can make GAngels04 use his original IV lines.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UmWck495Xv2DhotDj2gSnr58m9KKmroz/view?usp=sharing

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 2

iiCriminnaaL
5 hours ago, B Dawg said:

Don't know if you've ever noticed it (and don't know if this is an AMD only broken shader like water is, but probably not) but I've noticed that alpha channels don't do anything for meshes that use the gta_ped.sps shader. This is fixable by just changing the shader used to gta_ped_alpha.sps (used by the mod's M_Y_GAngels_04, at first I used the hair shader which worked too without anything being weird then found out about this one) in the Openformats file.

Comparison picture (vanilla vs fixed, in your mod it's white instead of black but I was messing with it to see what's up with it):

Spoiler

FyeIpEZ.png

You can do the same thing to fix Lostbuddy_08's chains.

Another thing related to the fatman above that I've noticed is that M_Y_GLost_06, Lostbuddy_02 and _10 actually have different torso meshes (very minimal differences except for buddy 02 being fatter). Because of that, Lostbuddy_10 ends up having noticeable clipping issues with the vest when moving (or at least with the walkstyle I gave him), so you can fix that by just taking the regular ped's torso mesh if it's noticeable on your end.

Good point. I hadn't noticed about this issue. So, does it mean that all shaders should fall under gta_ped_alpha.sps rather than gta_ped.sps? So that I can ensure that all other shaders are fine.

Yeah, I noticed that LostBuddy_02 is fatter than M_Y_GLost_06 and LostBuddy_10, but didn't realize that there's a minor difference between M_Y_GLost_06 and LostBuddy_10.

I'll fix them later. I also fixed M_Y_GLost_02's issue you mentioned before, but didn't update the link yet.

5 hours ago, B Dawg said:

Also, if you're interested, I adapted M_Y_GAngels04_Full_01 voice lines to be used for his Lost version M_Y_GLost_02 (by using M_Y_GLost01_Full_01 as a base and slowly replacing voice lines one by one lol), then you can make GAngels04 use his original IV lines.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UmWck495Xv2DhotDj2gSnr58m9KKmroz/view?usp=sharing

That's dope! I bet it was kinda frustrating, wasn't it? I'll add them to the mod, thanks.

Do they have any references to the gangs by the way? Stuff like "Death for ever", "Losers", etc.

7 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

So, does it mean that all shaders should fall under gta_ped_alpha.sps rather than gta_ped.sps?

Only ones that use alpha channels & they're not hair/beards (since they have their own shader).

7 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Do they have any references to the gangs by the way? Stuff like "Death for ever", "Losers", etc.

I removed all gang references (unless you think of ''Who is this little lost boy?'' as a gang reference ;) but it can be interpreted either way) but kept lines where he calls others losers.

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 1

iiCriminnaaL
  • A voice line list of M_Y_GLost_02's that has various voice lines with soft accents has been replaced with one from M_Y_GAngels_04. (converted by @B Dawg)
  • M_Y_GLost_02's Normal and Specular maps have been swapped.
  • The Alpha maps of M_Y_GLost_06, LostBuddy_08 and LostBuddy_10 have been fixed.
  • LostBuddy_10's vest have been removed.
  • M_Y_GAngels_04 now uses the voice lines of M_M_GBik_Lo_03 from GTA IV.

An unofficial add-on for anyone that's interested. It re-adds the original Lost models as new peds and makes them appear in End Of Chapter and Bad Standing so you can shoot them instead of your cool new brothers :p

Story explanation:

Spoiler

There's no way a bitch like Brian could get the brothers to turn against Johnny, they all knew he was an ass-kissing pussy. As a result, Brian had to resort to recruiting prospects & weekend warriors to his clandestine Chapter, promising them patches, and high ranks to those who land the killing shots on Johnny & company.

Technical information:

- Fastman Limit Adjuster isn't needed, as the game already has plenty of free slots by default (unless you try to load TLAD & TBOGT assets at the same time);

- Creating a fresh new game/save is required to avoid issues (unless you create an additional peds.ide file, move the ped lines over there then add that to content.dat afaik, was too lazy to do it myself and test it).

Download

Edit: The script for Brian's random encounter is not edited (because I forgot that existed). Who the f*ck spares him anyway? :D

Edit 2: Removed unused peds and updated it with TLAD Missions Overhaul pack stuff.

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 4:04 PM, B Dawg said:

I suppose RIL Budgeted with modified peds budget value could help

@ceaton88 Bad information given (also months later extra reply lol, I suppose it didn't help and you probably already uninstalled it). What could help is going to pc folder, opening stream.ini and doubling all the values. What it does is let assets load twice as fast at the cost of potential stutter/performance loss depending on hardware (based on experience with a similar option in another game). If that doesn't help with the pop-ins and or you don't care about texture quality that much, I have created an archive containing optimized texture files where it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

All normal & specular maps compressed, all base textures for gang members above 256x512 or 512x256 resolution compressed (Gang war buddies & Story Characters unaffected/remain uncompressed). Only includes changed texture files, meaning you still have to download the mod itself.

Install The Hardcore Lost MC as you normally would then apply the optimized files on top, then in OpenIV, go to File menu and click Defragmentation (or just Shift+Ctrl+R) and defragment all the modified .img archives so that they don't stay a bigger size than they should be.

Download

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 4

Added officially to the mod

Spoiler

Time for unofficial add-on #2 (which might as well be officially added to the mod):

Ever noticed how your brothers in Gang Wars use the wrong voice lines? For some reason, Rockstar decided to randomly apply one of the 12 voice packs (6 _FULL and 6 _GANG) to them via the Gang War scripts (despite the fact they could have just done that via the peds.ide file which works without issues, original R* file had them all set to M_Y_GLOST_01 which are then overriden by the script because???). This fixes the problem.

Additionally, bike rewards for doing side missions have been changed (because why would Johnny want ''foreign plastic fantastic crap'' around his house?):

- Instead of getting a Hakuchou for winning 12 races, you now get an Innovation (it's the only one you can't call Clay for);

- Instead of a Bati for getting all bikes for Angus, you now get a Nightblade (I chose it because you steal a truck full of them in Multiplayer Club Business ''and us being such good customers, we deserve a free sample.'');

- Instead of an Innovation for killing all seagulls, you now get a Revenant.

Download

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A hot fix for the gang member vest in above screenshots. The mentioned shader turned out to be bad as under certain lighting conditions, it either made it glow in dark spaces or become transparent when lit up by certain light sources, so it was changed to a different shader (gta_hair_sorted_alpha.sps)

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
iiCriminnaaL
On 9/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, B Dawg said:

Time for unofficial add-on #2 (which might as well be officially added to the mod):

Ever noticed how your brothers in Gang Wars use the wrong voice lines? For some reason, Rockstar decided to randomly apply one of the 12 voice packs (6 _FULL and 6 _GANG) to them via the Gang War scripts (despite the fact they could have just done that via the peds.ide file which works without issues, original R* file had them all set to M_Y_GLOST_01 which are then overriden by the script because???). This fixes the problem.

Additionally, bike rewards for doing side missions have been changed (because why would Johnny want ''foreign plastic fantastic crap'' around his house?):

- Instead of getting a Hakuchou for winning 12 races, you now get an Innovation (it's the only one you can't call Clay for);

- Instead of a Bati for getting all bikes for Angus, you now get a Nightblade (I chose it because you steal a truck full of them in Multiplayer Club Business ''and us being such good customers, we deserve a free sample.'');

- Instead of an Innovation for killing all seagulls, you now get a Revenant.

Download

Thank you so much, brother 😉. I've just added it to the mod.

A small question: the Innovation replaces the Bati 800 only in the safehouses' parks, right? Because I don't think there're voice lines for ordering Innovation from Clay.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL

1 hour ago, iiCriminnaaL said:

Thank you so much, brother 😉. I've just added it to the mod.

A small question: the Innovation replaces the Bati 800 only in the safehouses' parks, right? Because I don't think there're voice lines for ordering Innovation from Clay.

Safehouse only.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How would I install this alongside potential grim+responsive plus? Should I just skip the files that potential grim includes already?

Edited by lolleroz

iiCriminnaaL
45 minutes ago, lolleroz said:

How would I install this alongside potential grim+responsive plus? Should I just skip the files that potential grim includes already?

Just make them replace any common files between it and Potential Grim/Responsive Plus, as those files contain their part of features from Potential Grim and Responsive Plus, plus The Hardcore Lost MC's part.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, iiCriminnaaL said:

If you have the recommended mods installed along with this, you should make sure that neither of them replaced files of The Hardcore Lost MC, as it maintains their features and changes in addition to its own. In other words, just let the content of The Hardcore Lost MC overwrite any overlapping files from the other recommended mods you've installed.

iiCriminnaaL
  • It's no longer necessary to re-install the mod in case Potential Grim and/or Responsive Plus have been installed after it. In fact, it's not recommended to install it over them without replacing the common files between the two mods with The Hardcore Lost MC compatibility versions of Potential Grim/Responsive Plus in order to maintain all features from every mod of them.
Edited by iiCriminnaaL

• 3 weeks later...
iiCriminnaaL
  • M_Y_GBik02_Lo_02 has been 'Lost-ified' and customized in GTA IV, and it now appears as a Lost member rather than an Angel of Death. (this includes a script adjustment for the mission 'The Snow Storm')

Don't worry about the Most Wanted missions, as this model is already accompanied by Lost members in the original script 😜.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL

iiCriminnaaL
23 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL said:
  • M_Y_GBik02_Lo_02 has been 'Lost-ified' and customized in GTA IV, and it now appears as a Lost member rather than an Angel of Death. (this includes a script adjustment for the mission 'The Snow Storm')

Don't worry about the Most Wanted missions, as this model is already accompanied by Lost members in the original script 😜.

Turns out I forgot to change their pedtype in the peds.ide file. Updated.

If you've already downloaded it before this update and you don't want to download it all over again, all you need to do is changing the pedtype of "M_Y_GBik02_Lo_02" in peds.ide from "GANG_BIKER_1" to "GANG_BIKER_2" (in GTA IV, EFLC and TBOGT).

Edited by iiCriminnaaL

iiCriminnaaL
On 9/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, B Dawg said:

I just realized that it's possible to call Clay for an Innovation (as well as Hakuchou), and it's originally unlocked by taking out all the seagulls (just like how it's unlocked to appear outside the safehouse).

So, does the script modification make the Innovation not unlockable in Clay's list? Also, is the Revenant unlocked in Clay's list after taking out the seagulls (like how it spawns outside the house), or does it still get unlocked after completing the mission This Sh*t's Cursed like originally?

Edited by iiCriminnaaL

iiCriminnaaL
  • Instead of having a parked Innovation (Hakuchou in the original game) for winning 12 races, you now get a Revenant.

• Instead of having a parked Nightblade (Bati 800 in the original game) for completing Angus' bike thefts, you now get a Hellfury.

• Innovation is now unlockable through taking out the seagulls again.

• Fixed Zombie B and Hellfury appearing only among The Lost MC's set of vehicles in The Lost and Damned. (they don't in original TLAD, only here, previously)
Edited by iiCriminnaaL

4 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL said:

So, does the script modification make the Innovation not unlockable in Clay's list? Also, is the Revenant unlocked in Clay's list after taking out the seagulls (like how it spawns outside the house), or does it still get unlocked after completing the mission This Sh*t's Cursed like originally?

I never touched Clay's list.

• Like 1

iiCriminnaaL
11 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL said:

Instead of having a parked Nightblade (Bati 800 in the original game) for completing Angus' bike thefts, you now get a Hellfury.

This has been reverted, since as B Dawg said, the multiplayer mode allows The Lost to steal a truck full of Nightblades. Not to mention how rare it is to find, added to the fact that it's only ridden by The Lost's sworn enemies, the Angels of Death, whereas the Hellfury is available in Clay's bikes list, as well as The Lost's bike group in this mod.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL

iiCriminnaaL
On 4/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, iiCriminnaaL said:

This has been moved to Potential Grim.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i found a bug on Clean And Serene when you go to kill the Angels Of Death to reclaim Billy's Revenant He hops on the bike and its like the script deletes him and he dies making it impossible to progress the rest of the storyline.

iiCriminnaaL
1 hour ago, Phara said:

hey i found a bug on Clean And Serene when you go to kill the Angels Of Death to reclaim Billy's Revenant He hops on the bike and its like the script deletes him and he dies making it impossible to progress the rest of the storyline.

I just tested it, and I progressed normally without any issues.

In fact, the mod doesn't touch the first mission's script at all.

• 2 months later...

Man, I've been trying to get this for a while, but it downloads fully, and at the end of the download it fails, these type of things only happen to me with dropbox, do you have a link in google drive or mediafire maybe?