Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,033 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
iiCriminnaaL 49

Buffed Lost MC

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

9dtHgX1.png

Ever felt about something wrong with The Lost MC? Are your fellow buddies of the Gang Wars weak in attacking and die fast? Feels like Johnny's appearance doesn't introduce him as a real badass biker? Right here you can improve your gameplay's experience. As most of The Lost's members in TLaD miss the Lost MC's patch which must be on their uniforms, including The Lost's Buddies (gang war buddies), as well as many of them wear colorful clothes like camo green and some kind of yellow colors too, and they only ride Lycan, I made several changes to satisfy you in your Lost MC.

I've modified the textures of The Lost MC's bikers by adding the club's patch for several uniforms which miss them, and re-colored them to suitable colors to fit the MC style, to grey, and some kind of blue, as it is the primary color of The Lost (beside the common biker colors, which are black, grey, and brown). Also replaced m_y_glost_04 with m_y_gbik_lo_01 from vanilla IV, and m_y_glost_03 with m_y_bouncer_01 from vanilla IV too. Modified the textures of the latter's uniforms by adding The Lost's patches and changing the unsuitable colors of the uniforms with fitting ones. I also re-colored the patches on lostbuddy_06's uniform from red to grey, because they were directly copied from an AoD member's model (as well as the face itself, which I didn't touch though), and replaced lostbuddy_12 (the masked biker) with m_y_jim_fitz from vanilla IV, with a full Lost MC patch on his T-shirt instead of the old one. As vanilla IV's m_y_jim_fitz is actually the beta model of Jim and it was used for Jim's fellow biker during Collector's Item in TLaD, I've included the full patch of the MC on his model too. Johnny's appearance was heavily modified and improved too, and so improved the pants of Jim, Angus, Jason and Brian, as well as The Lost's patch being added to Brian's uniform after his betrayal; as there's nothing called "Jeremy biker gang", but there's "Brian's faction of The Lost". I've also increased the health of The Lost's Buddies (gang war buddies) and Jim, Terry, & Clay, and increased their attack strength, so they can be actually helpful in gang wars and do well. The last feature will be helpful for people who want to play it with more of teamwork alongside the fellow brothers, rather than a single player's job, including me as well. Also, each of Hexer, Hellfury, Zombie B, Innovation, Revenant and Diabolus, have been added to the list of The Lost MC's ridden choppers, rather than having only Lycan to ride.

XERuypn.png?2

PpQZZY9.png?4

O6Tuzho.png

Og5Kpsh.png

RDblyou.png

Ew0neMy.png

qXiRoDE.pngrIa6k3w.png

jAFRdN9.pngLZvZFAH.png

jBvWSna.pngUkFGaiS.png

8LfOnQg.png

1HopqQO.png?2

mup24ga.png?5

• I didn't include a direct componentpeds.img with the models replaced due to the huge space it will take when downloading it. It's also an advantage for people who have modded componentpeds.img, so they'll easily import the new models to their file. And so with playerped.rpf.
  • As the updated uniforms are many, I only took screenshots of Johnny. You can view the rest through SparkIV or OpenIV, or test them ingame.
  • Why didn't I replace m_y_glost_01 and m_y_glost_02 with completely different models? Because they were used in a few cutscenes, and replacing them will cause their appearances to look really f*cked up during Diamonds In the Rough's cutscene. I tested it just yesterday, looked like a ghost, lol; clothes fly, with bugged animations as well, while skins and bones are missing.
  • To be clear, m_y_bouncer_01 model is used for security men for strip clubs and underground gun shops in vanilla IV (in EFLC too as well), but it was based on biker models originally. One of the model's uniforms even has The Lost's patch in default! (seems cool, but sucks when you play TLaD and realize that a stranger is using your club's patch 😛). Meanwhile, I didn't touch the textures of the faces. They're good enough, and I don't want to mess with them anyway. I know, repeatedly used faces, but isn't that already present? Just look at the default models of The Lost, some of them (especially Lost Buddies) has copied faces/uniforms from the Angels of Death. They're just cool, so I don't often mind.
  • I added The Lost's patches for most of the members, not all of them.
  • Don't expect the texture modifications to be perfect. However, they're good enough, I suppose ;)
Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

B Dawg
Posted (edited)

I took a look at your pedpersonality file, and you did the ''buffing'' wrong. You nerfed them in fact. The way defense works is contrary to what people would guess. The higher the defense stat is, the more damage you take. The lower the defense, the less damage you take (stronger you are).

This is basically my Tough Backup mod but with Retextures on the side :p

Other notes:

- Changes to pedpersonality cause bugs at starts of new games (crashes during one of the 1st few missions and phone bugs that are unavoidable untill uninstalled), so install is recommended when you become President (there's no bugs from there onwards afaik, you could possibly install this earlier than that but imo it's the best time to do so);

- The addition of a patch on the Lostbuddy_03 shirt is useless as he has a vest over it that has the patch (and he never spawns without the vest);

- You didn't remove the L O S T ''compass'' (dunno what else to call it) from the back of Lostbuddy_05 before adding the patch there, making it look weird.

Edited by B Dawg

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

I took a look at your pedpersonality file, and you did the ''buffing'' wrong. You nerfed them in fact. The way defense works is contrary to what people would guess. The higher the defense stat is, the more damage you take. The lower the defense, the less damage you take (stronger you are).

This is basically my Tough Backup mod but with Retextures on the side :p

Other notes:

- Changes to pedpersonality cause bugs at starts of new games (crashes during one of the 1st few missions and phone bugs that are unavoidable untill uninstalled), so install is recommended when you become President (there's no bugs from there onwards afaik, you could possibly install this earlier than that but imo it's the best time to do so);

- The addition of a patch on the Lostbuddy_03 shirt is useless as he has a vest over it that has the patch (and he never spawns without the vest);

- You didn't remove the L O S T ''compass'' (dunno what else to call it) from the back of Lostbuddy_05 before adding the patch there, making it look weird.

Oh, so that's why all of my gang war buddies are dead. Gotta decrease it then. (it works the same way for SA's pedtype defense, but didn't expect it for IV and EFLC)

Nah, not exactly :p. Defend points aren't the exact ones from your mod. Attack strength was changed too.

- That's weird. I've been using a modified pedpersonality since the beginning of my game and faced no crashes. Didn't face phone bugs neither.

- Didn't notice that xd. But that's not a problem though.

- Ikr, that's why I stated the "Don't expect it to be perfect" note. Removing it would need some more experience in texture editing. Whenever I know how to remove it properly I surely will.

Thanks for your notes. Gonna update the pedpersonality file. Updated.

Edited by Kane49

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Updated:

- Modified some uniform textures so they won't look weird anymore.

- Fixed several added patches being wrong located and/or being unfitting sized.

- Added The Lost's patch to several empty uniforms of the female members.

- Modified/improved Johnny's appearance. (Head, hands, jacket & shirt, pants, and boots)

- Removed the Angels of Death's tattoo from a Lost MC's girl.

- Replaced Jim's camo pants with biker leather pants, and re-colored his boots from light brown to black.
- Replaced Angus' pants with dark grey leather.
- Re-colored Jason's leather pants from jeans-like color to dark grey.
- Darkened Brian's jeans.
- Added The Lost MC's patch to Brian's uniform when he betrays the valid line (Johnny's faction); there's nothing called "Jeremy biker gang", but there is "Brian's faction of The Lost". (for some reason he wears it in the first mission too. Seems like a scripting fail)

Added screenshots of Johnny, Jim, Angus, Jason and Brian. As the updated uniforms are many, I didn't take of the rest. You can view them via SparkIV or OpenIV, or by testing them ingame.

Unfortunately, nobody ever converted Billy's gloves and long boots to Johnny. (talking about proper models, not textures only. a.k.a. WDR format)

Edited by Kane49

iiCriminnaaL 49

- Beside the Lycan, The Lost's members now ride each of Hexer, Innovation, Revenant and Diabolus.

B Dawg
Posted (edited)

Where's Zombie B? Where's Hellfury? Where's Leila with Big Titties and Ashley who sucks like a Vacuum? All I hear about is Mr. President, Mr. Billy, Living The American Dream, Bikes, Bitches, Beer, Freedom!

They should be added :p

Edited by B Dawg

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Where's Zombie B? Where's Hellfury? Where's Leila with Big Titties and Ashley who sucks like a Vacuum? All I hear about is Mr. President, Mr. Billy, Living The American Dream, Bikes, Bitches, Beer, Freedom!

They should be added :p

Haha :p

I really thought of adding them, until I saw this in cargrp.dat: Obbe removed hellfury because of low density Obbe removed zombieb because of low density

So, I'm not sure about it, if it's true or nah.

I'm still thinking of adding them, because after all, not everything is fully fitting and/or perfect in here. Even weapons aren't that well on Johnny's hands, due to the fact they were originally modeled to fit on Niko's hands, but R* didn't modify them in TLaD or TBoGT.

Edited by Kane49

B Dawg
Posted (edited)

I think by low density, they meant low traffic density in Graphics options? (which is low for consoles?), or the Frq value in vehicles.ide (for which all IV bikes have 30 in comparison to all TLAD bikes having 100)? A lot of things R* devs do doesn't make any sense. I had no issues having Zombie B and Hellfury in cargrp among other bikes (they might not spawn as often, but it's better than not spawning at all).

Edited by B Dawg

iiCriminnaaL 49

I think by low density, they meant low traffic density in Graphics options? (which is low for consoles?), or the Frq value in vehicles.ide (for which all IV bikes have 30 in comparison to all TLAD bikes having 100)? A lot of things R* devs do doesn't make any sense. I had no issues having Zombie B and Hellfury in cargrp among other bikes (they might not spawn as often, but it's better than not spawning at all).

True.

Updated.

universetwisters
Posted (edited)

Johnny looks worse with all these changes imo. It might be just me around here, but I liked his default appearance in TLAD compared to this. If you brought back his appearance in IV, with the tattoo on his neck and paler skin, that would be much better than this, which looks like what happens when a 12 year old opens up photoshop and keeps slapping SUPER COOL TATTOOS he got off google images in random places on the player character.

Edited by universetwisters

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Johnny looks worse with all these changes imo. It might be just me around here, but I liked his default appearance in TLAD compared to this. If you brought back his appearance in IV, with the tattoo on his neck and paler skin, that would be much better than this, which looks like what happens when a 12 year old opens up photoshop and keeps slapping SUPER COOL TATTOOS he got off google images in random places on the player character.

As far as I remember, somebody has already converted IV's Johnny to TLaD.

I know, it's not that good. If you don't like this, you're not forced to use it.

Edited by Kane49

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Updated:

• Decreased the skull tattoos over Johnny's neck, and organized them a little more.
  • Improved the gloves textures and darkened them.

Not really perfect though, but at least better. I'll update the preview screenshots later. Updated.

No gloves model as well. As nobody converted proper gloves model to Johnny. Otherwise, Billy's gloves would've looked perfect on Johnny's hands.

Edited by Kane49