Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,214 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

junior731657

Random ban wave still happening?

Question

junior731657
Posted (edited)

So another one of my friends got banned about half an hour ago (at the time of writing), we were playing Vespucci job & I lost connection he then sent me a message saying he's been banned until the 20th of May & that his stats will be reset, the other person I was playing with did not get banned, but instead his character was wearing joggin bottoms of which he did not purchase, however he rebooted & the issue was resolved, but the banned one, I don't know & I know for a fact that he did not cheat or use menus..

tl;dr:

Did that random ban wave get fully resolved or is it still happening?

John

Edited by junior731657

Gaffa
Posted (edited)

The only bans I've heard of recently are legit ones happening to people using stuff... unless there's a new banwave going around that's affecting honest people too?

Edited by Gaffa

junior731657

Well it appears to be the case, he did say there was someone messing with the lobby before he invited me to the vespucci job... But would it work that quickly, we're talking minutes here...

T-ru

Today I got ban too!!! I don't know why! Yesterday I got money for good behavior!

I did not do anything wrong! This Isn't fair!

I have been in gta online since 2016 with 315 level.

Definitely something is wrong with this bans!

Can someone advise me what to do?

REXX

Today I got ban too!!! I don't know why! Yesterday I got money for good behavior!

The honest truth is you can't do much. You could try contacting Rockstar and request the ban be lifted.

Also @junior, apparently and occasionally after spawning from The Vespucci Job, players will spawn back wearing a generic outfit of random clothing. This is to prevent them from saving the Cop outfit.

junior731657
Posted (edited)

Also @junior, apparently and occasionally after spawning from The Vespucci Job, players will spawn back wearing a generic outfit of random clothing. This is to prevent them from saving the Cop outfit.

Ofcourse, it's fine to dress your character up like Al-Nursra, ISIS, Al-Qaeda.. ect.. but try & dress them up like an LSPD officer you're in for a pretty bad time!

On a more serious note, I have sent him some details with means of contacting Rockstar, including an 0800 phone number, but I could not find a Spanish one, so I sent him the UK one as the other two are USA & Canada, I also sent him a link to the Spanish version of the support request & told him not to select banning issue (which I am told is a waste of time) I told him to select 'Otros' instead..

I will let you know if he has any success.

So he's not the only one, any one else been banned for no reason this week?

Edited by junior731657

Sanches

Exclude T-ru, i didn't hear anything about bans recently.

Reign-of-Tara

I too was banned on April 20th. I have NEVER EVER cheated in GTA or any other game and they banned me and said that I can't join again until May 20th and that my character will be reset to Level 1, all my stats will be reset and I will lose all of my items. I have been playing since February of 2017 and have earned everything I have by working hard in the game and a couple of shark cards I received as gifts. I had two apartments, bunker, hangar, MC Club, Coke, Meth, Counterfeit Cash, CEO Office, Vehicle Warehouse, Yacht, many cars of all types, weaponized vehicles, 5 planes, 4 helis, ultralight, and lots of clothes --- all purchased with in game money. I've had modders try and dump money on me several times and each time I have turned them down. The very first time I had that happen to me I didn't know what was going on so messaged Rockstar Support and told them what happened. They said that they will do random sweeps and to just not spend the money so I didn't and it took quite a while for them to finally take the money away from my account. It was a pain keeping track of the money I couldn't spend. The times after that I was advised to just kill myself to get rid of every cent that was dumped on me which I did. I've been in so many sessions where modders put cages around me and my friends, dump several vehicles around us, try and take wanted levels off of us etc. They usually mess up my game and my friends and I have to log out and then log back in to get rid of the garbage that they dump on and around us. It's a real pain in the butt. None of these people have been banned. I contacted Rockstar Support via typing a message and also talked with a live chat support person and they basically copied and pasted the same generic message that a third party program was used or I use a mod menu or something else to manipulate the mechanics of gameplay for GTA. I have told them the only thing I have ever adjusted is the settings for my graphics which I play at their lowest to cut down on my lagging and stuttering because I don't have an expensive gaming computer. I told the person via live chat this same thing and they told me that they do not reverse bans and they do not accept appeals on bans yet if you read some of the postings that are being typed on GTA Forums, Rockstar Twitter, Rockstar Facebook etc., you'll see that they have already reversed some bans. They even insulted me and said to uninstall and reinstall a FRESH copy of GTA 5 Online as if I am lying about using mod menus, third party programs etc. I am so pissed off I can't even think anymore. The past two days have been my lowest and it's not fair to me or any of the people I've read about on here to receive a ban for no reason. They won't even tell me what they supposedly found and some have been told that they cannot look at our accounts. That is BS because how do they determine if people have taken modded money or items without looking at our accounts. I am out of things to say and try and if they do not reverse my ban, I am done with GTA because I am not going to start over at Level 1 when I'm at Level 215 and lose all of my items that I've purchased using LEGAL ingame money and worked my butt off earning in this game while modder after modder continues to be allowed to mess up everyone's games.

Reign-of-Tara
Posted (edited)

I clicked on your link T-ru where you said to click here and see what it would look like if I was banned. This has my correct crew name and my user name in game and notice that it has 0 for Rank yet has $80 million for my bank. I only had close to $10 million in my bank at the time of my ban. Is this something that maybe is proving that my account was compromised or something? Why would it say $80 million???

Any help would be appreciated. I'm frustrated. I don't know why the title underneath my user name says player hater either. I don't grief people and never have in the game. I can't seem to post my picture that I took of my account showing whether or not I've been banned. See T-ru's post above and I will try to post my picture.

Reign-of Tara (Tara)

Edited by Reign-of-Tara

FlacidJack

I clicked on your link T-ru where you said to click here and see what it would look like if I was banned. This has my correct crew name and my user name in game and notice that it has 0 for Rank yet has $80 million for my bank. I only had close to $10 million in my bank at the time of my ban. Is this something that maybe is proving that my account was compromised or something? Why would it say $80 million???

Any help would be appreciated. I'm frustrated. I don't know why the title underneath my user name says player hater either. I don't grief people and never have in the game. I can't seem to post my picture that I took of my account showing whether or not I've been banned. See T-ru's post above and I will try to post my picture.

Reign-of Tara (Tara)

sounds to me like your account was hacked or hit by some whacky new mod menu option to dump money and bs points on players. IDK.

What I do know is their customer service works in tiers so don't give up hope and don't give up period, if your case is legit then you need to escalate to higher ups in the R* food chain.

Email works best imo because it's all recorded on your end and you can keep calm and delete all obscenities before sending. Once you open a ticket and reply to your own ticket (because it'll get insta-solved) you'll speak / type to a human being, that's only the first human of many you'll have to deal with, so again very important to always remain calm.

Once you state your case if they refuse you need to escalate to a higher up by asking or (calmly) insisting since you are hell bent on doing what is right.

Eventually after some (hopefully only 2 or 3) emails you'll reach the top of the top, creme de la crap, and if you did everything well and stayed cool they'll see and solve your problem ...or make you feel validated at least.

Just keep in mind you're dealing with humans, they don't care about you or your problems, they're eating Cheetos and staring at a clock, they don't like work... but if they like you maybe they'll want to help you.

Whatever way you do it... Good luck! I'm rootin for ya!

Hécate-II
Posted (edited)

This has my correct crew name and my user name in game and notice that it has 0 for Rank yet has $80 million for my bank. I only had close to $10 million in my bank at the time of my ban. Is this something that maybe is proving that my account was compromised or something? Why would it say $80 million???

)

Have you bought Sharkcards? If yes, this may explain why you have 80Mio in bank account while being lvl 0. When they suspended my alt account they withdrawed the money I made from grind(like 1Mio...something) and gave me back 4Mio(Sharkcard money). Edited by Hécate-II

junior731657

A quick update:

He opened a ticket using the banning issue option & imagine my shock.. it was closed instantly, I told him to open another one under others, I did warn him this would happen however, English is not his first language..

On another note:

It's interesting to see that others have been affected by this recently too, yet there are still modders/hackers occupying public lobbies & the same individuals have been using mod menus for several months now...

I'll let you know if there are any other developments regarding my original post.

~John~

Sanches

Aren't support tickets with topic "ban appeal" or containing words like "ban" get locked automatically?

junior731657

Aren't support tickets with topic "ban appeal" or containing words like "ban" get locked automatically?

Yes that is exactly what happened.. hence why I told him to open a ticket with the title 'other'

Sanches

Yes that is exactly what happened.. hence why I told him to open a ticket with the title 'other'

Also tell him to avoid using words such as "ban" and "suspend".

junior731657

Also tell him to avoid using words such as "ban" and "suspend".

I have told him not mention ban, but more describe it as a possible bug..

junior731657

Reign-of Tara (Tara)

sounds to me like your account was hacked or hit by some whacky new mod menu option to dump money and bs points on players. IDK.

What I do know is their customer service works in tiers so don't give up hope and don't give up period, if your case is legit then you need to escalate to higher ups in the R* food chain.

Email works best imo because it's all recorded on your end and you can keep calm and delete all obscenities before sending. Once you open a ticket and reply to your own ticket (because it'll get insta-solved) you'll speak / type to a human being, that's only the first human of many you'll have to deal with, so again very important to always remain calm.

Once you state your case if they refuse you need to escalate to a higher up by asking or (calmly) insisting since you are hell bent on doing what is right.

Eventually after some (hopefully only 2 or 3) emails you'll reach the top of the top, creme de la crap, and if you did everything well and stayed cool they'll see and solve your problem ...or make you feel validated at least.

Just keep in mind you're dealing with humans, they don't care about you or your problems, they're eating Cheetos and staring at a clock, they don't like work... but if they like you maybe they'll want to help you.

Whatever way you do it... Good luck! I'm rootin for ya!

Have you got an email address for their support desk.. both phone numbers are dead

Gaffa

It's normally [email protected]

junior731657
Posted (edited)

ok thank you is there still a phone number? it appears the ones tried were from 2013

Edited by junior731657

junior731657

Just a small sample of the latest reviews....

41630295001_1369c34d59_o.png

elfoam

ok thank you is there still a phone number? it appears the ones tried were from 2013

Rockstar switched off the support phones about a year ago because they were sick to hell of talking to people. They let the ban bot do their talking now :0 bunch of dickheads they are imho.

Gaffa

There might still be contact numbers that can be used (I mean what if you're a business attempting to sell something to Rockstar via their office, huehuehue), I'll have to try and dig them up.

junior731657

Thank you, on them shutting down customer service phone numbers, we have all those idiots on youtube to thank for that making prank calls.

Sanches

Can't always understand logic behind people who post reviews on Steam. Like 4 months after T2 and OpenIV incident and everything ended up ok, people still posting "Take Two killed OpenIV, rip modding".

junior731657

Can't always understand logic behind people who post reviews on Steam. Like 4 months after T2 and OpenIV incident and everything ended up ok, people still posting "Take Two killed OpenIV, rip modding".

I was drawing attention to the ones referring to the false bans.... Which are yet to be fixed if at all

junior731657

They are closing his tickets still even though he does not used words like banned or suspended, his last ticket gotclosed without a reply

fatdog

They are closing his tickets still even though he does not used words like banned or suspended, his last ticket gotclosed without a reply

What do you expect? If it's ban related, it will get closed anyway, either by zendesk bot, or actual support employee.

junior731657

What do you expect? If it's ban related, it will get closed anyway, either by zendesk bot, or actual support employee.

Those words were not used

Sanches

What was the platform and ticket's topic used?

Try using Social Club platform instead of PC, if that's the case. But again, won't 100% help.

fatdog

Those words were not used

I figured, genius. What the goal to submit the tickets anyway? You wanted to discuss ban right? Well they simply don't do that, as soon as they read and figure the subject, it gets closed.