Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MrGTAmodsgerman

[C#.NET| Drawlight on attached vehicle bone change always the light direction

LeeC2202

this is the part that makes me wanna decide the own distance between the vehicle bone like you posted before.

Yep, you would set that with the values from the ini file.

Also i need to really have the prop invisible. I know that R* Editor have problems by showing or rendering things that are was set invisible.

You can't use R* Editor anyway, it won't record any part of the light that is being created. If you're bothered about a visible prop, use a golf ball with an Alpha level of 0. Using a prop makes this so much more simple, it inherits the movement of the vehicle, it translates that to the light, so everything works properly when the vehicle changes angle.

If you're bothered about the Editor, then you might as well not have any of the spotlight features at all, because none of them will appear in the editor.

I have to get back to adding some additional cameras to my replay system now but I think you should be able to get something working out of what's here.

MrGTAmodsgerman

Also i need to really have the prop invisible. I know that R* Editor have problems by showing or rendering things that are was set invisible.

You can't use R* Editor anyway, it won't record any part of the light that is being created. If you're bothered about a visible prop, use a golf ball with an Alpha level of 0. Using a prop makes this so much more simple, it inherits the movement of the vehicle, it translates that to the light, so everything works properly when the vehicle changes angle.

If you're bothered about the Editor, then you might as well not have any of the spotlight features at all, because none of them will appear in the editor.

I have to get back to adding some additional cameras to my replay system now but I think you should be able to get something working out of what's here.

Well that makes me sad. Because noone would want a script that have the a bug which makes the script very useless.

I hope that someone here will try to help and share his knowledge of R* Editor scripting if its possible somehow. But anyways i am very thankful for your help. Your code is useful in any way, because i have simular ideas of future projects with scripted lights.

Or maybe memory hacking could make my idea possble, but i have no experience at all of that.

MrGTAmodsgerman

@ikt

@Unknown_Modder

Hey guys. Have some of you any experience for a final R* Editor fix or any other idea for bug fixing?

I know you both are very good at scripting.