Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,453 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AgentPlum

Tidying Up Garages (Moving Vehicles)

AgentPlum

So after having enough money and gradually losing interest in the game now (hopefully reignited if there is a big DLC) I decided I would tidy up my garages to have specific vehicles in one place like a weaponised garage, muscle garage, supers garage etc (you get my drift)

This is easy enough when it is the same garage using the blue circle but moving stuff from one garage to another especially if a distance is tiresome and time consuming especially if you have a cooldown on mechanic delivering.

This may have been discussed before but why can we not have a menu where you can access a screen for all garages and move vehicles about as you wish? This to would be very useful and not effect any actual gameplay.

I managed to tidy everything up last night in a solo session so I was not messed with (I know could have just gone passive) but it took me almost 3 hours of pissing around.

Thoughts?

Halal Cyborg

Using your ceo desk is the quickest way overall.

Gridl0k

#ramptruck

AgentPlum

Ramp truck would be cool - load 20 vehicles on and wallop!

Gridl0k
Posted (edited)

You can use the Bombushka to move vehicles btw.

It's not fast or pretty or easy but you can.

ps garage arranging is meditation

Edited by Gridl0k

Hazzardtohimself

Using Rockstar logic, having an inconvenient cool-down timer on the mechanic means that you'll be more likely to drive from place to place yourself, giving other players more opportunity to destroy you / your vehicle.

That is at least circumvented in the Office garages as you can run upstairs and request delivery through your Assistant... but then you have to pay more utility charges for having an office etc.

I don't mind having to spend time reorganising personally. If anything, usually en-route from one garage to another I remember why I haven't driven the vehicle I'm currently driving for ages, and change course to sell it at LSC instead.

AgentPlum

Now available, Ramptruck GX with customisable weaponary options including detachable wings. $5,500,000 plus upgrades

Gridl0k

I reckon my gunrunning guys could change my PV storage in the MOC into a ramp but no matter how much I point they never do.

AgentPlum

I just usually bump/run into the MOC/Avenger weapon guy so I can hear him say "Hey,get off" or "watch yourself" - wish I could punch him

whywontyoulisten

Buy Maze West and everything in Del Perro Heights and make use of the zero-cooldown assistant vehicle delivery.

elfoam

So after having enough money and gradually losing interest in the game now (hopefully reignited if there is a big DLC) I decided I would tidy up my garages to have specific vehicles in one place like a weaponised garage, muscle garage, supers garage etc (you get my drift)

This is easy enough when it is the same garage using the blue circle but moving stuff from one garage to another especially if a distance is tiresome and time consuming especially if you have a cooldown on mechanic delivering.

This may have been discussed before but why can we not have a menu where you can access a screen for all garages and move vehicles about as you wish? This to would be very useful and not effect any actual gameplay.

I managed to tidy everything up last night in a solo session so I was not messed with (I know could have just gone passive) but it took me almost 3 hours of pissing around.

Thoughts?

You just sit in your office and call a car from your CEO desk, take it where you want.. call a mechanic one, go biker club, instant spawn a bike.. heist jump back to the office, etc..

0wn996

You just sit in your office and call a car from your CEO desk, take it where you want.. call a mechanic one, go biker club, instant spawn a bike.. heist jump back to the office, etc..

This.

Forza Harrd

I did it by teleporting using jobs on the map and joining friends in different targeting modes (accept first alert, decline second alert, spawn at job location). Also, everything already pointed out (CEO assist. in office etc).

Cypher617

Cargobob

Mistermilan07

Just drive the damn cars where u want them

Theres nothing but dust on them otherwise

Collectors ... 😜

Nutduster
Posted (edited)

Using Rockstar logic, having an inconvenient cool-down timer on the mechanic means that you'll be more likely to drive from place to place yourself, giving other players more opportunity to destroy you / your vehicle.

I don't think that's what is going on at all. A feature like this wasn't in the game to begin with because we could only have one property. Eventually they added more and more, but for at least the first couple years there was really not much need for this. Later on it would have been a great quality-of-life improvement for collectors and organizers, but by then Rockstar had patched a hundred different dupe glitches; I am pretty sure they haven't given serious consideration to adding this because not that many players care about it and putting it in will create a whole new army of glitches they would then have to fix. (Just look at the facility - adding that thing created months of work for them, as there were so many different ways to glitch it out and dupe cars. When they first added the garage re-organization tool - the blue halo - there were a bunch of dupe glitches off of that, too.)

The mechanic cooldown was also in the game from launch, and seems to have been a product of a design philosophy that has since changed. Almost everything that was an original feature has a cooldown like that. If they thought of ever removing it, they probably were convinced not to by players selling duped cars over and over; the mechanic cooldown was practically the only thing making some of those glitches mildly inconvenient, until they put in the dupe detect system. (I can just about guarantee that they sometimes regret adding the MC request-bike feature, which is cooldown-free, because it plays a key role in speeding up a lot of dupe glitch processes.)

Overall, yes they are driven by revenue, but I believe the actual reasoning here is different than "we want to make players drive around more." I don't think they care about that much. If you're reshuffling your garages and doing actual driving, the one and only thing you need to do to prevent getting blown up is to go passive until you're done.

Edited by Nutduster

StangOne50

Its a pain in the ass. Ive spent many hours moving cars around. I try to consolidate apts, having 2 apts in the same buildings and using the office to call my cars to me. I have maze bank office with 2 garages in alta and 3 at integrity so its not too bad.

I really want more garages but I know that will end up costing me even more hours organizing, though I would not mind.

Dr.Rosenthal

I wish we could change the order our garages appear in when phoning the Mechanic, it's starting to become rather messy.

Also, I've spent the last couple of nights moving cars around, so I know what you're talking about. I also wish there would be 10-car garages looking more like the 6-car garages (less of the showroom look of the 10 car garage, more of the mechanic workshop look of the 6-car garage).

I was lucky enough to have my garages quite close to each other, so driving back and forth and calling the mechanic when possible worked out pretty fine.

KWF1981

When I have a shuffle, I start the mission Where Credit's Due. Then I just doodle about, can tune cars using the office customs on mission too so I do a few cars, then get the Zion and wrap it up. I saved the mission as a single job playlist for ease and to replay if I have more to do. When I returned just before DDH, I had loads of changes of heart as to colours and themes so changed much. Took about 2 weeks of me doing a mission like this, then a bit on call, then a mission like this, lol.

Keeps the bank topping up little by little too. As you can imagine though, over 120 cars to shuffle, I needed a notepad, lol. :)

Nutduster

I was lucky enough to have my garages quite close to each other, so driving back and forth and calling the mechanic when possible worked out pretty fine.

This definitely makes it less painful. I have 3 office garages at Lombank, 2 apartments at Del Perro, and another a few blocks over at Eclipse Towers. Those naturally end up being the ones I use and reorganize the most. The others that are spread around a little more, I try to leave alone.

Fozzie

Garage organization is an even bigger pain in the ass if you're a car duper/trader.. After every patch I will spend 1-3hrs trying to fix my garages...

As for your question about a menu to move them, it'll never happen...

Dupers would figure out a way to abuse the sh*t out of that easily, Rockstar already has enough problems dealing with the Facility and MOC for dupes...

elfoam

. When they first added the garage re-organization tool - the blue halo - there were a bunch of dupe glitches off of that, too.)

Even funnier if you remember that the blue halo was implemented to patch dupe glitches once and for all.. Which it kinda did (all the old style glitches never happened again) but it opened up a new class of glitch

Jenkiiii

Do what I do; get six apartments in Eclipse Towers and a CEO office of your choice, which takes care of 120 cars. I know that's not a useful tip for people who live out in the sticks, but car collectors will appreciate having all their vehicles close by.

varulven

ps garage arranging is meditation

This. It's all I seem to do these days, outside of bunker sales and VIP work. Best way to relax after the kids have finally gone to bed.

FlacidJack

How to move them is much less important than where to move them imo. If your only goal is to sort them by type or color then that's cool but it's nice to sort them in an effective manner to save time too.

Point is placing your most driven cars and your armed / armored vehicles right at the beginning or end of a list comes in very handy, then calling them up becomes easy and fast.

After a bit you know that calling up your Insurgent for example is just up up right x up left x up x x, instead of having to do that code then actually read through the list every time.

Trust me, once you have everything stored properly instead of just pretty you'll stand there flexing your memory muscle daily. Makes me feel like a Contra trooper!

FukNRekd
Posted (edited)

^^^ Not a collector, and only own a dozen vehicles (cars, helis, bikes, armored/armed), but this was the first thing I did.

Edited by FukNRekd

Fatsanchez

I am a collector too but different from some of you guys I actually enjoy having different garages around the state. I also enjoy having 6-car garages for the sake of variation. I would have one 2-car as well but I am very close to filling up all my spaces. I am also not interested in trading my 6-car with 10-car garages because I have plenty of those already. Also there is no 10-car garage outside of the city, which sucks.

The main problem I have is organizing. As in, where will each type of car go.

I used to have everything nicely sorted. I have a 10-car garage full of Grottis, another 10-car with some Classics and their respective modern counterparts. Those 2 are almost never rearranged. The CEO garages are holding my remaining sports classics and muscles (1) and sports and supers (2). But due to the growth I've purchased the 3rd CEO garage which is now a Muscle/American garage. Due to lack of space it also houses my Ken Block's cars (at least they're both american) and my Armored Kuruma. The 1st garage also holds some unrelated cars as well for the same reason. Only spot I have left on those is for the Dom GTX, next to the other Dominators and Ellie. The Michelli will have to wait lol.

One of my 6-car garages is an Off-Road garage in the desert; another one was a Dubsta garage on Poplar street, where I kept my Dubsta 2 and the 6x6, and where I kept a collection of Golden and Chrome Dubstas. Due to the lack of space, that is now a Benefactor garage. But the Stirling is annoyingly sitting on my Sports Classics garage because space.

I also have a last 10-car garage which holds common cars, like the Intruder, the Blista, the Issi Classic, and so on.

And another one where I keep some lowriders and a little gang-car collection, in homage to my PS3 days. The very same garage I used to store them on PS3 (also on Poplar street). That one used to be 100% gang cars (there are several different cars to find, I tried to have one of each, but this was my primary money income back in the day) but obviously it isnt anymore.

(Sorry I digressed.)

Now about moving the cars around, I also believe that the best way is by using the CEO assistant to bypass the cooldown.

GTAUrbanCamping

I do this more often than I should. I got tired of high maintenance fees of multiple high end apartments. So I switched them out with small garages spread throughout the map. Ive been trying to keep them sorted by type of vehicle. I drive one, call mechanic and piss around until next call is available.

But Ive also been getting rid of any vehicle I dont want. Only have maybe 20 now.

No Use For A Name

I like having my cars spread out around the state as well. Luckily,

The various extra business spawn points have come in handy. Facility at Mount Gordo, biker clubhouse in Paleto, hangar at Zancudo, Bunker in Raton Canyon. If another regular property spot becomes available, Ill probably move my clubhouse to Sandy Shores and buy one of the 6-car garages in Paleto. Id still like at least a 6-car in Grapeseed someday.

Since all my garages are 10-car, Im forced to spread them out around LS. Classic muscle at Eclipse, 60s-70s foreign cars at Del Perro, off-road at the airport and Supply Street garages, and classics at Wild Oats and North Conker. Oh, and vintage to modern supers and sports, along with race cars at Maze Bank.

My worst day in GTA was the day CEO garages released. 7 hours arranging, rearranging, arranging, and rearranging again. I hate having OCD

Black-Dragon96
Posted (edited)

Well I rarely reorganize any of my garages. When I do, its mostly just 1 or 2 vehicles wich need to move because most stuff I own is exactly where I want it, since I bought/stole it. My garages are already planed when I buy the building.

I'd however love a feature that would allow me to access my secondary characters garages on my main character.

Edited by Black-Dragon96