4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Blasterman4EVER

The "Good Old Days" Appreciation Thread

Blasterman4EVER
Posted (edited)

Remember the gleeful cheer of headshotting someone at the airport from the top of Maze Bank Tower --- and that someone was in a tank?

Or how about watching some idiot try to glitch his Buzzard into his Eclipse Towers garage?

Ah yes... do you remember seeing "Player X gave you $125124351245412?" Did you buy the entire Pegasus catalog with that free money? Were the billionaire days good for you?

Or do you go further - to the beach bum update?

Remember how quiet free mode was... before free mode events?

Or do you go even further?

To the reveal of the Hydra?

What are the "good old days" to you?

When did they end?

Are they still going for you?

The good old days, for me, ended after this was patched:

Ah, the warmth of nostalgia.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

IamCourtney

These are the good old days

CEVFRIO

old mechanic

when the worst car was a chrome adder

when the top 2 cars were the adder vs entity xf

Chamberman20

You mean countless glitches, cheaters, barely anything to do and last gen limitations? The old days are overrated...

DuduLima
Posted (edited)

Man, it is funny to how people always saw the "old days" as modder's and glitchers hell, man ... not so long ago PC had SO many related problems, in XB1 and PS4 platforms the same thing involving god mode and dupe rides still happen ....

People can complain about the old limited content, but at least they didn't represent a threat to players and to the game and some were nice for me ... i can consider the old days until the Executive and Other Criminals DLC, the last big non-game changer DLC, and after that we saw ... in 2016 the game changers updates which were really good and a nice add to the game and in 2017 we saw those weaponized things rise ...

C'mon ... there are some things i can't forget ....

- When we made races for fun and people were driving rides like Cheetah, Enity and the Adder.

- I saw more people using more the Mallard, Marquis and the Seashark around.

- Even with RPG and Miniguns the DM and X1's were somewat nice and good and had no players with ugly helmets and masks.

- People wore more stylish clothes, not these colorful things we have by today.

- Even with bugs, the missions were nice to do and some represented a real challenge without these weaponized rides.

- People somewat enjoyed more the game, either by doing some golf, arm wrestling, going to the Vanilla Unicorn, impromptu racing, trying to land the Titan on the top of the Maze Bank ... etc ... man .... even when some funny guy was on a Lazer, this dosen't mean he would attack someone, people felt somewat safe and they dosen't need to prepare themselfs to the trouble like today.

- People enjoyed way more the DLCs and the game, their criticism had more true and useful facts than useless and non-sense arguments.

Ah and i can't forget the best thing ... NO COD FUNNY KIDS WITH BROKEN MICS AND ERRATIC BEHAVIOR !!!

The game was so better in many aspects, the aspects i miss by today.

Edited by DuduLima

Sleepwalking

Billionaire days = Tank Wars.

Every street was full of modded but abondoned car, who cares when you got so much money that you can't ever spend even if you want.

Also passive mode was sh*t, you were easily killed with explosions.

You turn a street, holy sh*t a tank in front of me; dead.

CarimboHanky

quiet?!

im a day one player and freeroam have been a sh*tshow since!

the good ol battles at the eclipse tower, rigging the entrances of the main ls custom with stickybombs that didnt despawn after moving to other parts of the map.

the billionaires era was the peak of freeroam madness in the old days, chradders and tanks everywhere, it was insane!

if i could go back in time, 10/10 i'd do it again!

Jenkiiii

It's a bit of a modern meme, thinking it was better then than it is now, but here goes...

The Gate Glitch outside Eclipse Towers (and other locations) on old-gen.

We used to queue up and fling ourselves across the map at high speed, breaking speed, spin and flip records, while having fun. Naturally, it was patched.

Quinn_flower
Posted (edited)

remember the billionare era

i had more 0's than the what my tv could display.

oh oh remember money wipe 2014 soon after

and recently ban wave 2018 2x this year

oh ya good times indeed.

Edited by Quinn_flower

Sleepwalking
Posted (edited)

quiet?!

im a day one player and freeroam have been a sh*tshow since!

the good ol battles at the eclipse tower, rigging the entrances of the main ls custom with stickybombs that didnt despawn after moving to other parts of the map.

the billionaires era was the peak of freeroam madness in the old days, chradders and tanks everywhere, it was insane!

if i could go back in time, 10/10 i'd do it again!

Also most of the players these days don't give a f*ck about freemode events sadly, i won most of them easily if I want to participate.

They are fun but most of time they don't worth to participate.

I like flying stuff like under the bridges, parachuting, collecting marks etc.

Edit:PC btw, maybe play behaviour is different on next gen consoles.

Edited by Sleepwalking

xwinkx_girlYakuza
Posted (edited)

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow may never come. All you truly have is this moment. The present is where we find true peace and happiness :pp

Edited by xwinkx_girlYakuza

Angry Akula
Posted (edited)

nostalgia is so overrated

Edited by Angry Akula

REXX

Good ol' days huh? Nostalgia hits me in the face and 2013 flashes before me every time I look at my Übermacht Oracle 2. Hours grinding for $80,000 with only a Pistol. Tough times, but definately part of my good ol' days :D

Chrome Toyota Prius

The good old days for me was September 2016. I remember driving along a road on old gen in passive and getting shot out of my car by some random red dot named something like "Goth000o".

Blasterman4EVER

You mean countless glitches, cheaters, barely anything to do and last gen limitations? The old days are overrated...

So... there are no good old days?

It's a bit of a modern meme, thinking it was better then than it is now, but here goes...

The Gate Glitch outside Eclipse Towers (and other locations) on old-gen.

We used to queue up and fling ourselves across the map at high speed, breaking speed, spin and flip records, while having fun. Naturally, it was patched.

I actually did this. It was epic.

There was one in Lake Vinewood Estates too.

Kyoto

R*'s response to receiving modded cash on old gen: "If you were the unwilling recipient of an impossibly large amount of GTA$, you do not need to worry about disciplinary action against your account. However, please be aware that we will be making community-wide automatic adjustments to players’ account balances to remove the modded money." (But at least they were nice enough to let us keep stuff we bought with no penalty.)

R*'s response to receiving modded cash on current gen: Automated character wipe or a possible ban. No appeals.

Vitalize

Aaaah i remember my first time playing gta online back in 2013:

-i found a mustang

-a player proceeds to kill me and my mustang

-someone crashed a stunt plane into me as i was getting a new mustang

-someone jumped from a helicopter and riddled me as they were parachuting

And lets not forget the tow trucks. So much fun to be had. Its a shame theyll never add them into online again :(

III-Ari-III
Posted (edited)

I came to gtao in april 2016 on pc, and since then it has been pretty much the same.. the only point i could truly say it was a big change, was when we got the explosive sniper ammo and the hydra/lazer reign was over.

Boy was i glad that we finally got some balance.

Edited by III-Ari-III

Is this The Guy?

I still remember the car dupe lobbies.

Someone would bring in the dreaded small tow truck and would have it blown up and get spawn killed until they left.

Being able to store cop cars

Yankton plates

I still remember how op the tank was (until tank sniping became a thing). You’d feel this sense of accomplishment from everyone in the lobby after blowing up the tank once even though they killed everyone in the lobby at least 20 times each

I miss the save editor for the ps3 version. I still have two vehicles created from it and sp/mp’d over

Le biatch

You know what I honestly miss? Being able to play with the people in my crew. Seems like almost all of my friends gave up on this game and they probably think I'm crazy for still playing it after all these years.

That and of course money modders. I still remember the feeling I got when someone posted a 15834573248 bounty of my ass and then the whole lobby flying straight to me to collect. Of course, I logged out before they could take it and went back into a invite only lobby and spent the time waiting on the cash checking out all the stuff I could buy.

Ahhh...good times.

Verbal Soze

When that mechanic running away with your vehicle in the middle of a firefight, and passive mode is utterly useless sigh

But i also remember grinding contact missions when the payout is decent not timed payout like today -.-

Is this The Guy?

I forgot about that lol. Chasing your own PV all over town.

CarimboHanky

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow may never come. All you truly have is this moment. The present is where we find true peace and happiness :pp

carpe diem!

like your way of thinking!

Happy Hunter

Before we had the homing launcher was good. Thankfully that's no longer what it was, though it did put a dampener on a lot of the game's life. No fun allowed and all that.

The old days didn't have the Hunter though.

The amount of goofy vehicles that got added, then again ... I don't know. It was torture not having the Hunter. But I'd love to see the BS vehicles flushed away, even if they're funny to kill.

xwinkx_girlYakuza

Before we had the homing launcher was good. Thankfully that's no longer what it was, though it did put a dampener on a lot of the game's life. No fun allowed and all that.

The old days didn't have the Hunter though.

The amount of goofy vehicles that got added, then again ... I don't know. It was torture not having the Hunter. But I'd love to see the BS vehicles flushed away, even if they're funny to kill.

Oh how it would break our hearts to wake up one day and it was all but a dream and we're still in the past with no Hunter :lol:

RetroStyle

The good old days for me was right before the current update. Before they nerfed my Baby the Viseris, and added lots of cars that look great, but drive like junkers with jacked up transmissions. They remind me of when I was young my buddy thought it would be ok to put power steering fluid in his transmission, since you can put transmission fluid in your power steering in a pinch. RIP buick riviera lol.

The-Ghost
Posted (edited)

Lol the good old days when there were no blips indicating the type of vehicles, so you drive through the corner to this dot and then a tank says hey to your face with a rocket lol

Speaking of tanks, the good old days when the rhino was .. well an actual rhino and not the joke that it became after the nerf

The good old days ... the good old days when there's a freaking wind mill that throws you away when you drive out of Eclipse Towers ...

Oh the good old days ... when you're playing normally and then... "Special Crate drop in 10 hours" and then "..5 hours" and then "...3 hours" only for some sucker to spoke the pilot right before the drop lmaoo the good freaking old days.

The good old days when we waited for heists a year and half after the initial release ..

The good old days when we got "I am not a hipster" update out of nowhere on a Tuesdsy ..

The good old days when modded accounts were rolling infinitely like flat tires .. the good old days ..

Lol I actually miss those days now that I think about it... finishing Rooftop Rumble successfully for the very first time and getting that 37k payout for it .. the good old days

Edited by The-Ghost

CaliMeatWagon

I remember back in the day jumping in my lowrider to go get my jetpack. Using it to rampage against the cops, then flying to my personally owned aircraft hanger and jumping into my Harrier to do the same thing.

It was at that point that I realized R* had ruined GTA and had threw any sort of past realism out the window with these ridiculous "Meme Vehicles".

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. GTA III was the last great GTA. R* ruined San Andreas with all the ridiculous crap. Dildo bats and jet packs aren't what GTA is supposed to be.

Rafae

My feelings towards this repetitive thread haven't changed but whatever I'll chime in too

My favorite times with this game will always be the first year and a half before Heists arrived. Not to say that Heists weren't good or anything but the feeling of the game had just changed in my opinion. No one was really active in freeroam much anymore and just did Heists... it was especially frustrating doing it with randoms during the launch month. That's when I really grasped the concept of how useless randoms can be. I even started using my mic for the first time ever in a game during this time lol

But yeah October 2013 to about the end of 2014 were probably my favorite times with this game, especially summer 2014. That was easily one of the best periods to be playing this game, not even because of the updates or anything but because of how populated and fun freeroam was at that time. None of that homing launcher/Hydra bullsh*t that plagued the game just a few months later. I actually dabbled in populated sessions back then, actively too. Didn't even know public solo sessions were a thing until after Finance and Felony and once I did that's all I played in until Bikers came out.

That month to about a month after Gunrunning had been out was my second favorite period with this game, as that's when I started REALLY playing with my crew. It felt like a resurgence to the game for me in a way.

Nowadays I can't really tell what the future holds but it doesn't really look promising nor does it look bleak, it's just.. dry. I'm totally ready for RDR2 now and will obviously stay tuned to Online in hopes of quality content being added before RDR2 arrives.