1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

iiCriminnaaL 49

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Luis Lopez (Enhanced Titles, Artworks, HUD, Radar Blips, Atmosphere & Audio)

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

jXjpSsg.png?1

As I was thinking of a way to decrease the nightclub theme and balance the colors in TBoGT, and get rid of the unsatisfying songs, in order to improve my gameplay's experience and satisfy my taste, noticing that TBoGT is kind of out of the GTA IV trilogy, I've been messing with the game's files, and moved on modifying several files of the game, and after the lot of changes and replacements I've made, which are consisting of Enhanced: Titles, Artworks, HUD, Radar Blips, Loadsceens, Atmosphere, Time Cycle, Visual Settings, Audio, Textures & Text, now I can name this modification: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Luis Lopez (GTA IV: TBoLL).

'The Ballad of Gay Tony' title has been replaced with The Ballad of Luis Lopez. Edited the radar blips, changed their colors from pink to a couple of colors which are based on the character's personality and role. I also replaced the colorful backgrounds of the characters' artworks with vanilla artwork backgrounds and some of TLaD's. Restored TLaD's Pump shotgun in the game, and also reduced the nightclub and fancy theme colors in the HUD, leads to the removal of the nightclub colors of the radar disk. Many of the game's colors are now close to the vanilla colors of IV (I could've made them even closer, but I gave some personal touches so the game can still have its own colors, just like TLaD), and also modified the game's Time Cycles out of pink colors during a couple of day times. Rainbows and black bows of side-mission completions have been removed, and disabled the mission percent system's screen. Mission HUD colors have been slightly improved. Yellow HUD color of the missions' waypoint, along with grey color of the loading bar, armor bar and ammo numbers, are included in the Bonus additions as well. Screen rainbow and black bow have been removed as well, and game titles have been changed, including titles of the game's intro and side-missions. Johnny Klebitz' rank badge was updated to President, instead of Vice President, as he appears only in two missions, which are Frosting On The Cake and Not So Fast, and both of those missions were after arresting Billy. He appears in the game's intro as well, but I believe it's just an easter egg to remember TLaD, just like Niko's appearance in Alderney in TLaD's intro, besides the fact that Niko was still in Broker back then. And either way, the rank's badge isn't noticeable during the game's intro. I've modified some uniforms of The Lost's members too, recolored the unfitting colored uniforms, and added The Lost MC's patch to ones that're missing it. I also enhanced Roman Bellic's clothes, as I don't see why would he wear the same clothes he wear when going to Maisonette 9 in his wedding. As well as the replacement I made for Electro-Choc's song, Kid Conga, with the theme song of GTA San Andreas' nightclubs, A Guy Called Gerald. No Security, a song of Electro-Choc too, no longer plays after blowing Bulgarin's plane up during Departure Time, but an extended version of Pjanoo (which was used in the official trailer of The Ballad of Gay Tony, and also available in the radio station Vladivostok FM) plays instead. Electro-Choc radio station has been reverted to the original one from GTA IV, which obviously affects Maisonette 9's mainstream. Typos in the dialogue subtitles have been corrected, so text of subtitles now show the correct words of Luis when he says "F*ck off. Conyo", rather than "Piss of. Conyo" during Party's Over, and so with his words "Bulgarin. This is personal", but not "Yo. This is personal", during Departure Time. Also, Uzi's color has been changed from golden to silver (still golden in Yusuf Amir's cutscenes), and reverted Rotterdam Tower's pink lights back to their original light blue textures.

To make things clear, the main goal of this mod is not getting rid of the glitzy theme, maybe toning it down, but it's mainly about limiting the nightclub atmosphere and the fancy theme as much as possible. I would've liked if the game was more focused on the drug dealing business rather than the nightclub business, but as we can't change the story, at least modifying the HUD and replacing timecycles is possible, same with many other files, and this is capable of changing the feel of the game, a little, at least.

I didn't remake the artworks/pictures of the online section, noticing how harder it is to replace titles (or anything else) in the online mode compared to the offline section. I don't have plans to do that currently, not in the mean time at least. Maybe in future, maybe not... who knows.

UnyULeV.png?2

IjyBnLC.png?2

vt0vTz9.png?2

• Q: This game is attached to the nightclub life, then why are you trying to limit the nightclub theme and lower the fancy theme?
  • A: Seriously... because I want to, and because I don't like the HUD, text and titles be so colorful.

And remember that not all of the missions are about the nightclub theme, there're missions of Armando, Yusuf, Mori, and Bulgarin, and even side-missions like drug wars, cage fighter, base jumps, and races, so there's nothing wrong with decreasing the fancy theme in here... I didn't make a similar mod for TLaD, to get rid of the biker theme, because I liked TLaD's theme, and Johnny is a biker himself, and his life is all about the motorcycle club; differences present in this point.

• Q: Why did you remove Tony's name from the game's title?
  • A: Because I don't like seeing a character that is not the protagonist taking over the game's title. And either way, I believe that The Ballad of Luis Lopez is more fitting than The Ballad of Gay Tony, simply because Luis is mostly more effective in Liberty City than Tony, and he is preferred over Tony by all of the game's characters. Take Yusuf, Mori and Bulgarin as a few examples, and then a lot of customers of the Maisonette 9. Even Rocco himself admitted that he and Vincenzo prefer working with Luis over Tony during Party's Over. In addition, Liberty City's Cage Fights, Drug Wars, Base Jumps and Races are considered as big activities in Liberty, which Tony has nothing to do with, while Luis does. (side-missions aren't so important in the story though, but maybe the Drug Wars are important for Luis, as well as the Club Management too.)

C8JvUtz.png?2

• Changing the color of the wanted stars.
  • Changing the colors of the pause menu's main options. (options are colorful, highlight is white.)
  • Changing the color of the opening menu's main options. (options are pink, highlight is white.)
  • Bringing back the vanilla style of the loading bar.
  • Disabling the mission percent stats in the player's stats.

zUYsLny.png?2

• Enhanced: Titles, Artworks, HUD, Radar Blips, Loadsceens, Atmosphere, Time Cycle, Visual Settings, Audio, Textures & Text,
  • GTA IV: TBoLL 

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

hg7FLkT.png?3

Opening

PiKqaiC.png

Lkjt64c.png

j9qAW0B.png

dWhqWyj.png

cPgnYPs.png

lrfyP5X.png

v5LW1G3.png

So0S240.png

xqLBJ2f.png

vA8PpOs.png

ImFZVl2.png

QSkyTw0.png

zTfC6yi.png

Am9DK5t.png

(check the link above for some more pictures)

hvgHV2K.png

rEjSsEA.png

iPqAv1B.png

I3pU5MT.png

a3KXnCH.png

QHevFJW.png

uYe2xOC.png

RXTvbX2.png

yJRtomW.png

KSGrOgt.png

T5aMF5d.png

OUKQs3H.png

jMDcpcS.png

MtLFaSE.png

xjsDRHT.png

SuT89kR.png

hlUMo7E.png

kguNdbM.png

Pause Menu

(check the link above for some more pictures)

a9wx0lz.png

vlKpcQQ.png

qHEls7f.png

sftER4t.png

HbQVvqw.png

tggCiQe.png

bGcFsnZ.png

Edited by Kane49

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Rm9PAhq.png?3

Normal colors of the HUD

ro68IDj.png

zB1dOnU.png

Fancy theme for the radar disk

tqLPn7r.png

Balanced nightclub colors of the HUD

XrYxooV.pngf1lPUOp.png

TLaD's blip colors for Cage Fighter, Drug Wars and Base Jumps

owPw6zl.png

Edited by Kane49

Ash_735

Removed M_M_Gaymid and M_Y_GayYoung from pedgrp.dat. So anybody who doesn't want them to spawn in streets won't have them. (not a hard step to make though, but I included it anyway)

...And the point of this is? Are you that offended that GAY people spawn outside the GAY NIGHTCLUB? :p

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Removed M_M_Gaymid and M_Y_GayYoung from pedgrp.dat. So anybody who doesn't want them to spawn in streets won't have them. (not a hard step to make though, but I included it anyway)

...And the point of this is? Are you that offended that GAY people spawn outside the GAY NIGHTCLUB? :p

I just don't like to see them :p

I'm not really interested in TBoGT. But for some reason I like to decrease the club theme in it.

Updated:

Changed the colors of the Cage Fighter, Drug War and Base Jump blip backgrounds from black to light blue, so it'll be similar to TLaD's style with Road Rash and Gang War blip backgrounds, just with a fitting color to TBoGT's theme as light blue, rather than TLaD's red color. There's a copy with the background of those three blips of TBoGT with red color too, included.

Edited by Kane49

B Dawg

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

iiCriminnaaL 49

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Thanks for informing me.

Uploaded it with dropbox. It should work now.

B Dawg

The download text still seems to link to Mediafire, and I can't get the full dropbox link out of it.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

The download text still seems to link to Mediafire, and I can't get the full dropbox link out of it.

Yeah, that's weird, lol. It was kept with MediaFire because I replaced the link in the exact same line of the post. Added it with some other way, it links to DropBox now. Hope it works for everybody now.

Edited by Kane49

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Updated.

- Replaced the game's timecycle and visualSettings with IV's.

- HUD has been totally enhanced, from text colors, to marker colors, to the style of the game's titles, to the removal of the screen's rainbow and black bow, and more.

- Restored TLaD's pump shotgun to TBoGT.

- Replaced Joni's artwork with an artwork of Rocco Pelosi.

Preview screenshots have been added as well.

I also wanted to change the colors of the pause menu's options and wanted level stars, and also to replace the loading bar's shining stars with the regular style of IV and TLaD, but for some reason I cannot manage to do those stuff. They have nothing to do with hud.dat nor hudColor.dat as well, no matter what changes were done to them. The loading bar's stars are present in hud.wtd, but they don't work the same way IV's and TLaD's loading bar does. I couldn't reach anything related to the wanted stars nor the options of the pause menu neither, as I mentioned.

I'll update the mod whenever I manage to reach them.

Edited by Kane49

LeBron.

"The Ballad of Straight Tony" would've been a better name imo

iiCriminnaaL 49

That's what I thought. But that name is already used right here.

LeBron.

That's what I thought. But that name is already used right here.

Woah, didn't even know about that. Crazy to think I came up with the exact same idea as somebody did 3 years ago.

Rented

There's an extra folder which includes a little modification to the pedgrp.dat that disables gay pedestrians from spawning outside their respective club.

...what?

When you feel the gay energy get stronger so you make a mod to avoid the temptations

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Updated:

- This mod is known as The Ballad of Luis Lopez now. Titles of 'The Ballad of Gay Tony' have been replaced. (in the offline section only)

- Replaced the secondary artwork of Tony Prince with an artwork of Timur. (secondary artworks show when switching from TLaD to TBoGT)

Uploaded new preview screenshots. Now they're full pictures, unlike the previous ones, which were focused on limited parts, excluding the other ones.

Edited by Kane49

Ash_735

I can just feel the insecurity radiating.

Reameb

There's an extra folder which includes a little modification to the pedgrp.dat that disables gay pedestrians from spawning outside their respective club.

...what?

When you feel the gay energy get stronger so you make a mod to avoid the temptations

You can run but never escape from it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

I don't know what got you guys to turn a GTA mod's conversation into a real life lecture about homosexuality. Chill out, lol.

You either like to use the mod or not, but you gotta respect the others' opinions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updated:

- Remade the main artwork of Luis, again.

- Changed the rank badge of Johnny Klebitz' uniform to President, as the only missions which he appears in happen after arresting Billy. He appears in the game's intro as well, but I believe it's just an easter egg to remember TLaD and keep it in the players' mind, just like Niko's appearance in Alderney during TLaD's intro, while he was still in Broker in story wise, back then. And either way, the rank's badge isn't noticeable during the game's intro.

- Recolored some unfitting colored uniforms of The Lost's bikers, and added the MC's patch on ones that're missing it.

Edited by Kane49

Wakka387

OHHH EEMMMM GEEEEE TONY HAS THE GAY, LETS REMOVE HIM!

Joking for those who dont get sarcasm

B Dawg
Posted (edited)

The overabundance of pink colors were always an unfitting eyesore to Liberty City. Even Vice City wasn't that pink (had a lighter shade of it that wasn't an eyesore and wasn't also present in the timecycle). Nothing to do with homosexuality :p

The only questionable edit is the removal of gay dudes outside the clubs lol. Loading screen changes just bring more variety.

Edited by B Dawg

Jinx.

Tony is as important in TBoGT as The Lost in TLAD. They are not the main protagonists but that doesn't mean they are irrelevant. If you changed the name, then change TLAD's title aswell. It doesn't make any sense this way. You probably changed it because it had the "gay" word.

I don't think the whole pink atmosphere is gay. The atmospheres in IV and its DLC isn't related to LC, but to the story itself. TBoGT is about the nightclubs and high life, ofcourse it's pink, but it's not related to gay people at all. I don't see anything wrong with removing them from their club either, as Hercules is a gay club, after all. It makes sense to have them there, especially lore wise.

I like what you did with the hud, though. It reminds me of the BETA hud, which had the orange lifebar aswell. The other stuff about the Lost is cool, too. Just as a suggestion for later, I think editing TBoGT's timecyc to be less pink-ish would be a great idea; that would fit with Luis' life, drug dealing and working for Maisonette 9.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Tony is as important in TBoGT as The Lost in TLAD. They are not the main protagonists but that doesn't mean they are irrelevant. If you changed the name, then change TLAD's title aswell. It doesn't make any sense this way. You probably changed it because it had the "gay" word.

I don't think the whole pink atmosphere is gay. The atmospheres in IV and its DLC isn't related to LC, but to the story itself. TBoGT is about the nightclubs and high life, ofcourse it's pink, but it's not related to gay people at all. I don't see anything wrong with removing them from their club either, as Hercules is a gay club, after all. It makes sense to have them there, especially lore wise.

I like what you did with the hud, though. It reminds me of the BETA hud, which had the orange lifebar aswell. The other stuff about the Lost is cool, too. Just as a suggestion for later, I think editing TBoGT's timecyc to be less pink-ish would be a great idea; that would fit with Luis' life, drug dealing and working for Maisonette 9.

I know that TBoGT is mostly about the nightclub life, and maybe I was wrong about calling the game’s atmosphere a gay theme. I just meant to get rid of the pink colors decrease the fancy theme for my own taste. And after all, nightclub life isn’t the only thing about TBoGT’s story, there’re Yusuf’s missions, Mori’s and Bulgarin’s. Sure thing that missions of Yusuf and Mori were about paying Tony’s and his clubs’ debts, more or less, but they’re out of the nightclub theme, same with the drug wars, cage fighter, races, base jumps, side-missions. That’s why I thought that changing the atmosphere (including HUD colors, titles, etc) is good. About the game’s title, I changed it because I don’t like seeing a character’s name taking a whole game’s title, and if it will, at least it would be the game’s protagonist. That makes me feel less attached to Tony and the nightclub life in TBoGT, so I can feel better when playing missions of the other mission givers or even the side-missions (except for club management), especially the drug wars.

By the way, I didn’t disable gays from spawning in the Hercules, I only prevented them from spawning in streets. That’s what I meant when I said that I removed them from spawning outside of their club. I remember seeing a few gays walking near by Maisonette 9. I won’t disable them from their own club as well, only from streets :p

I already replaced the timecyc with the one from IV. I don’t use it in my game, anyway, I prefer CleanIV timecyc, but I didn’t include it in the mod because it’s a modder’s work, not a default file of R*. But I would think of modifying TBoGT’s timecyc, decreasing the pink color.

Edited by Kane49

GroveStGTAV
Posted (edited)

Also you should remove Gay Bernie from GTA IV

Edited by GroveStGTAV

iiCriminnaaL 49

Also you should remove Gay Bernie from GTA IV

Don’t go off-topic. Thanks.

Jinx.

Yep, Luis' life ain't all about nightclubs. Like I said, he also is drug dealing ;)

A question though, didn't they also spawn in IV? Maybe not the same models from TBoGT but still.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Yep, Luis' life ain't all about nightclubs. Like I said, he also is drug dealing ;)

A question though, didn't they also spawn in IV? Maybe not the same models from TBoGT but still.

Good question. I actually didn't look into GTA IV's file, but I don't remember seeing them there. Gotta take a look. They do spawn in GTA IV.

Removed pedgrp.dat from the mod.

I suppose Ash is happy now :p

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updated:

- Enhanced Roman Bellic's clothes. I don't see why would he wear the same clothes he wears when going to Masionette 9 in his wedding.

Edited by Kane49

Wakka387

Im straight but I like pink

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Im straight but I like pink

It's not about straight or 'gay'. I liked pink colors in GTA VCS for example, but they seem overused in TBoGT.

Doesn't matter.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Updated:

- Changed the color of the armor bar and ammo numbers to soft blue. (still close to grey)

- Recolored the blip of Tony Prince to a close color of the default one, to fit his character as a nightclub owner. (I noticed that nightclub colors have been a bit of underused in here, this change would be enough)

- Brightened the color of Armando's and Henrique's blips.

- Changed the color of Adriana Lopez' (Luis' mother's) blip from red to green.

Edited by Kane49

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Updated:

• Replaced the unused orange colors in hudColor.dat with golden colors. Dark- and light golden aren't used though.
  • Changed the color of the loading bar and loading mission titles from grey to golden.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know what you're wondering about: "Are you turning on your mod's goal?"

Actually, no. A little explanation: The main (the main, not the only) goal of this mod is not dropping the fancy theme. It's about balancing colors and decreasing the nightclub theme.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updated: (again)

• Added a bonus addition with the name of 'Fancy radar theme'. It gives TBoGT's radar disk a fancy effect, shining stars, similar to how TLaD's radar disk has a unique effect which fits the game's biker theme.
  • Added a bonus addition with the name of 'Normal HUD Colors'. I turns the color of the loading bar, armor bar and ammo numbers to grey.
  • Changed the color of mission's waypoints from yellow to pink. It differs from the default pink color as well; slightly darkened and a bit less reddish. Yellow mission waypoint is present in the 'Normal HUD Colors' addition.
  • Replaced 'Kid Conga' (Electro-Choc song) with 'A Guy Called Gerald', which is a theme song that has been used in the nightclubs of GTA San Andreas.
  • 'No Security' (Electro-Choc song) no longer plays after blowing Bulgarin's plane during 'Departure Time', but an extended version of 'Pjanoo' (which was used in the official trailer of The Ballad of Gay Tony, and also available in the radio station Vladivostok FM) does, instead.
  • Corrected some typos in the dialogue subtitles.
  • Electro-Choc radio station has been reverted to the original one from GTA IV, which obviously affects Maisonette 9's mainstream.
Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

George Costanza

Cleaned on OP's request.