4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
greenrock

Was Rockstar's firing of Leslie justified or not

greenrock

in your opinion, was it justified or not?

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Ony the Jury knows the facts of a case, not even the judge is in position to say otherwise. If there is no jury then there is no use to try and discuss facts, therefore all we have is evidence.

Evidence and truth are not the same thing.

When more evidence is missing than is present, or willing to be brought forth by two separate parties in a dispute, then we must conclude it as a private issue.

Making any ruling what so ever is difficult in such a situation. Things may have been different if The Screen Actors Guild had proof read and been consulted about the credits before hand. I know it's a video game yet there is a fair point, there, if you know your union order rhetorical.

Yet, most of us tend to consider that there is likely much more to this issue and that is only a sign of trouble.

-------------

We are gamers here, not that some of us don't have experience in business as well.

This question is a seething explosive for us.

The Brothers and Leslie have had some serious infighting before, during and after this issue. Did anyone play fair?

*gives you inquisitive look and raises an eyebrow.

I doubt that.

Will this cause problems for the company?

Yes

Are we players content with their behavior?

*Shrugs and looks up and winces.

Will corporations do what is necessary to improve the interaction and communication that a major company needs to thrive and achieve it's best potential?

Not likely

Is this sort of thing really even possible, if not probable when we look at basic human frailty, consciousness and ability?

Yes, it is, yet it has requirements of everyone involved.

Some of us, have been in strange situations. So much money and power tends to easily go to someone's head and then there is the masculine issues and fraternal order issues, what some may call male ego yet I wouldn't pretend it's actually a fitting use of words.

All parties, involved have to contend with all these issues, for all of mankind does, yet that doesn't mean it's easy or that order and connection to our natures isn't effected, that's the issue for better or worse. Mankind has a central nature and that nature doesn't care what you think of it or what you are like, it has challenges for you that all must face at certain times and the frequency is the only issue of question.

Communication issues are difficult when anyone refuses to learn new things and continue their development. Sometimes, people decide that they are set and that they are above the need for this. Sadly, no one is finished until they are completely finished (mortally that is), that's the delusion. This delusion is a terrible one and it has destroyed men and women alike throughout the ages because of it's attached and embedded sins, an archery term from Mesopotamia, the nature of mankind prevents a divorce from these issues. You don't get out of ontological issues or ethics just because you are successful, in actuality you become more beset and intimate with this parts of nature in order to survive and thrive well. The temptations are greater as well....

In other words, we have no real idea of what all happened, even with the case, even when you look at the court record. We see years of resentment and power being built simultaneously and it's full of all kinds of social scaffolding and stratification issues, some that is from others finding a way to vie for position, and when all is said and done it's a modern political foray of the corporate world. That is if you want to get to the actual document bound and social interaction of this, then we need to call things what they really are, all business and politics have become corporate issues today, as if it gives excuse for inappropriateness. Corporate Law and corporations themselves are a beast.

So.....politics has always been a dirty business. Perhaps, the dirtiest business on earth. The seven deadly sins thrive in political situations.

I wish them all the best, really I do. It will bum me out if this particular area of the gaming industry fizzles as I've watched occur with other types of games and industries. We must remember this is politics and where there are politics there are orchstrators and influences that remain unseen. There is a lot of different music playing on the outside and what moves you often depends on what you listen to on the inside. Yet, even that is not always the case.

I hope they all find ways to compliment the world with their abilities and find the place they need and feel they deserve with themselves.

*nuff said

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

angeldust

yes

Raavi

Ony the Jury knows the facts of a case, not even the judge is in position to say otherwise. If there is no jury then there is no use to try and discuss facts, therefore all we have is evidence.

Mfw civil law systems, ADR, out-of-court settlements, Judgement Notwithstanding Verdict and myriad legal remedies that don't feature a jury at any point.

OT: This is an issue of contract. I don't know The Benz' contract so I can't speak to whether or not it was justified.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Mfw civil law systems, ADR, out-of-court settlements, Judgement Notwithstanding Verdict and myriad legal remedies that don't feature a jury at any point.

OT: This is an issue of contract. I don't know The Benz' contract so I can't speak to whether or not it was justified.

That is correct. You can have rulings without facts, supported by evidence, contractually. Contracts and submission and authority do not mean in legal English what they mean in standard English and neither does the word or term fact or facts, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with a verdict what-so-ever here.

The mess starts with knowing what a word means and what a term means, starting with knowing the difference between the them.

It is reasonable to prefer words to terms, Sir.

This has been so from The Twelve Tables to the Present Time.

Raavi

That is correct. You can have rulings without facts, supported by evidence, contractually. Contracts and submission and authority do not mean in legal English what they mean in standard English and neither does the word or term fact or facts, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with a verdict what-so-ever here.

There are always facts. Facts of a case. You can't have rulings without facts because if there are no facts there is nothing to be redressed. Even in the most simple of legal disputes there are facts. Facts can also have a different meaning e.g when we're talking about vitiating factors. What you seem to be confused with is that juries decide about issues of fact, and judges about issues of law in common law systems. This is even explicitly mentioned in jury instructions prior to opening statements. This however is not the case in civil law jurisdictions (and to a lesser extent in hybrid jurisdictions) where judges decide both on the facts and on the law.

There's no verdict to agree or degree with because the case hasn't even gone to trial. The meaning of contract in English and legal English is actually remarkably similar. It's just that common parlance doesn't appreciate the fact that we engage in countless contracts on a day to day basis. This really is contract law 101 but I'm sure you know that.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Yes, as we've discussed.

Facts are issues proven under presentation. Each fact must be judged as fact and ruled on independently for it to remain as a fact into evidence.

Then. there is the Honor and Dishonor System of Measure, rhetorically speaking.

I was speaking in future tense of the verdict that hasn't been made available yet. I really hope they figure it out yet truthfully it is quite doubtful that any of us will learn what the real cause of the break up is. Time, opportunity and pressure bring many things to a head. Know, this could be called begging the question yet that too is a misunderstanding of my intention. The point is that there is a lot of things present between these men.

I really doesn't matter if it was a serious reason or because of a spiteful spite that got it all started or a dramatic violation of trust. The contractual parameters may or may not have been violated by either or both parties. The latter happens much more often than most will assert or even guess at, after all.

Strategically, I would weigh in on another possibility yet it doesn't fall into an area that belongs on this thread. In hopes that these gentlemen solve their issues, with respect and diligence and leave it at that, out of the public spectrum with only this small spectacle. I don't know anything else about it, specifically, beyond what the rest of you do.

After all, I assume they are men of the world and very well bred, spoken and liberal arts educated.

uNi

AiraCobra

Can someone give me the gist of what happened?

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

^^^^^Shot fired, Drama Llamas spotted, Carl's the primary suspect....

Oh, wait....

We haven't been told as of yet....

https://www.polygon.com/2016/4/14/11428072/the-great-grand-theft-auto-lawsuit-explained

The Benz, the former president of Rockstar North responsible for the Grand Theft Auto series, filed a lawsuit back in 2016 against Rockstar Games’ parent company Take-Two Interactive over allegedly unpaid royalties amounting to $150 million USD. The emails submitted as evidence of a royalties agreement were noted as being “interesting” in nature, with The Benz and the Houser brothers proclaiming their “love” for one another.

As recently reported by ZeroLives, on March 29th, 2018, the New York Supreme Court dismissed The Benz’ royalty claims. The court stated that the language within the emails did not constitute an agreement on equal payment between the three. The court also dismissed various claims made by The Benz, including an unjust enrichment claim, due to lack of evidence. However, the court would not dismiss claims based on Rockstar North’s Employment Agreement that The Benz signed in 2012, which states that The Benz “remains entitled to receive certain royalties.”

This will undoubtedly be a setback in The Benz’ lawsuit as it might nullify most of his remaining filed claims. We will update you on this story if more information becomes available. So far ZeroLives is the only publication to report on this development.

https://rockstarintel.com/2018/04/07/leslie-The Benz-lawsuit-against-rockstar-games-parent-company-take-two-interactive-suffers-setback/

Like I said earlier, I have some strategic assessments regarding this and it makes sense, tbh.

I'll just say that we can hope this is resolved quickly and that both new companies get on with their future away from this public knowledge issue, now, it has made itself known.

That is all, I have to say about this, without restating my position on this topic at this time.

It looks good for them all, and I hope in years to come there will be drinks and coffee all round the caviar.

*edit Add https://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/appellate-division-first-department/2018/651920-16-5396-5395.html

Star-Lord

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

This is what happened. Picture The Benz being the guy with the hard hat thats negotiating with Rockstar [the big hungry Indominus Rex] end of story.

Rykjeklut

Huh. I thought he left,rather than got fired.

AiraCobra

^^^^^Shot fired, Drama Llamas spotted, Carl's the primary suspect....

Oh, wait....

We haven't been told as of yet....

https://www.polygon.com/2016/4/14/11428072/the-great-grand-theft-auto-lawsuit-explained

The Benz, the former president of Rockstar North responsible for the Grand Theft Auto series, filed a lawsuit back in 2016 against Rockstar Games’ parent company Take-Two Interactive over allegedly unpaid royalties amounting to $150 million USD. The emails submitted as evidence of a royalties agreement were noted as being “interesting” in nature, with The Benz and the Houser brothers proclaiming their “love” for one another.

As recently reported by ZeroLives, on March 29th, 2018, the New York Supreme Court dismissed The Benz’ royalty claims. The court stated that the language within the emails did not constitute an agreement on equal payment between the three. The court also dismissed various claims made by The Benz, including an unjust enrichment claim, due to lack of evidence. However, the court would not dismiss claims based on Rockstar North’s Employment Agreement that The Benz signed in 2012, which states that The Benz “remains entitled to receive certain royalties.”

This will undoubtedly be a setback in The Benz’ lawsuit as it might nullify most of his remaining filed claims. We will update you on this story if more information becomes available. So far ZeroLives is the only publication to report on this development.

https://rockstarintel.com/2018/04/07/leslie-The Benz-lawsuit-against-rockstar-games-parent-company-take-two-interactive-suffers-setback/

Like I said earlier, I have some strategic assessments regarding this and it makes sense, tbh.

I'll just say that we can hope this is resolved quickly and that both new companies get on with their future away from this public knowledge issue, now, it has made itself known.

That is all, I have to say about this, without restating my position on this topic at this time.

It looks good for them all, and I hope in years to come there will be drinks and coffee all round the caviar.

*edit Add https://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/appellate-division-first-department/2018/651920-16-5396-5395.html

Ahh okay, Now I remember reading about that lawsuit when he filed it

jpm1

as we aren't Sam Houser, or LB, it's difficult to really know where the truth is. but we still have few facts. like the fact that LB was a crucial character in GTA series success, and that his company building pass had been revoked after he got on sabatical, and wasn't even told about it. which i find a bit harsch. but in all honestly it's impossible to know what really happened there