Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

      1. Events
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
AutobotJazz1

Should the Orbital Cannon be removed?

Remove it or Keep it  

465 members have voted

  1. 1. Orbital Cannon

    • Keep it
      145
    • Try to balance it
      73
    • Remove it
      247


Recommended Posts

TheGhostFromPast
Just now, Big Molio said:

You wouldn't think so with the amount of teeth-gnashing that goes on about the OP2 and its apparent zero-skill-requirement-griefer-tool. 

 

So what? I hang around on rooftops and explosive snipe people coming out of their apartments as soon as they appear. And it costs me far less per shot.

 

Oh, for God's sake! 🙄 Try coming up with much better and stronger argument why OC should stay in GTA:O or stop right there!  Ignoring almost everything that has been told to you while insisting that OC isn't that bad just because you think so isn't convincing argument why OC should stay GTA:O.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
9 minutes ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

 

Oh, for God's sake! 🙄 Try coming up with much better and stronger argument why OC should stay in GTA:O or stop right there!  Ignoring almost everything that has been told to you while insisting that OC isn't that bad just because you think so isn't convincing argument why OC should stay GTA:O.

I don't need to make the convincing argument because the OC already exists and I am not unhappy with the status quo.It isn't a great issue to me. You need to put up a better argument for it to be removed, and the only one decent argument that you all have is to constantly defer to cheaters abusing it. It is the common theme among all of you.

 

My retort to that is simply that cheaters should not dictate what should and shouldn't be in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
Just now, Big Molio said:

I don't need to make the convincing argument because the OC already exists and I am not unhappy with the status quo.It isn't a great issue to me. You need to put up a better argument for it to be removed, and the only one decent argument that you all have is to constantly defer to cheaters abusing it. It is the common theme among all of you.

 

My retort to that is simply that cheaters should not dictate what should and shouldn't be in the game.

 

I think you need a very convincing argument because right now it looks like I'm not the only one, who you can't convince that OC should stay in GTA:O just because you think it's not that bad. 

 

There are many good arguments why it should be removed, but it looks like you conveniently ignore all these arguments.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BumpyJohnson
41 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

Because the exploit and cheat arguments are the primary cause of the complaints. I think that deferring to something being used unlawfully is a poor excuse for removing it. Get rid of the cheating. 

Yeah because its the primary problem with the OC and what needs to be fixed first but guess what?  R* cant fix it so what does that mean?  The exploit is now a part of the OCs existence.  If they cant get rid of the exploiting aspect of the OC then they need to get rid of the OC as a whole or at least disable it until they figure it out.  Not sure how you feel this solution is a poor one when its the only one we have.  They cant fix it so do you have a better solution than removing it?  Not like we really need the OC in the game so no real legit reason to keep it.

I have never said in any of my posts that "the price is fair". What I have said repeatedly is that I think that the cost of up to $750,000 per shot and cool down period of 48:00 minutes makes for an inherent balance because those factors are both a built-in deterrent and frequency restriction in proportion to the OC's firepower. (No doubt we will go around this merry-go-round again and you will remind me about glitchers and cheaters ad infinitum, but as said, the glitching and cheating is the issue here as far as I can see)

lmao  Another strawman.  "I didn't say those exact words"  Dude,  saying the 750k price makes it balanced is saying the price makes it fair.  derp  lol  and for the last time the issue with the canon is "ITS AN AUTOMATIC KILL FROM AND INVINCIBLE POSITION AND REQUIRES ZERO SKILL. THIS HAS NO PLACE IN A PVP GAME!  The exploiting of it just makes it much worse because something that is already unfair can be used more than once.  Its funny you repeatedly defend the "built-in deterrents" even tho majority of the time they're not actually deterring.  lol  You really need the exploit gone bud before you can even have a peep of an argument here point blank. Good luck with that tho.  lol

 

Edited by BumpyJohnson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
11 minutes ago, BumpyJohnson said:

 

 

Quote

Yeah because its the primary problem with the OC and what needs to be fixed first but guess what?  R* cant fix it so what does that mean?  The exploit is now a part of the OCs existence.  If they cant get rid of the exploiting aspect of the OC then they need to get rid of the OC as a whole.  Not sure how you feel this solution is a poor one when its the only one we have.  They cant fix it so do you have a better solution than removing it?  Not like we really need the OC in the game so no real legit reason to keep it.

 

If you knew what a strawman fallacy was mate you wouldn't be setting up your own strawman to attack by offering a false premise alleging that Rockstar can't get rid of the glitching but can apparently get rid of the OC as a whole, thus making you right that it has to go completely.

 

Quote

lmao  Another strawman.  "I didn't say those exact words"  Dude,  saying the 750k price makes it balanced is saying the price makes it fair.  derp  lol  and for the last time the issue with the canon is "ITS AN AUTOMATIC KILL FROM AND INVINCIBLE POSITION AND REQUIRES ZERO SKILL. THIS HAS NO PLACE IN A PVP GAME! 

 

Why not though? Because you say so? What was it you were saying earlier, something about opinion usurping fact?

 

Quote

The exploiting of it makes it much worse because something that is already unbalanced can be used more than once.  its funny you defend the "built-in deterrents" even tho in most cases they're not actually deterring ppl from exploiting.  lol  You really need the exploit gone bud before you can even have a peep of an argument here point blank. Good luck with that tho.  lol

 

Derp yourself pal. If you have only just spotted that I have been arguing about the OC as a point in principle without the glitches and cheats then I can't help you (lol)

13 minutes ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

 

I think you need a very convincing argument because right now it looks like I'm not the only one, who you can't convince that OC should stay in GTA:O just because you think it's not that bad. 

 

There are many good arguments why it should be removed, but it looks like you conveniently ignore all these arguments.

 

Let's look at those arguments;

 

1. Cheaters abuse it with glitched money - Irrelevant, fix the cheating

2. Cheaters abuse the cool-down using an exploit - Irrelevant, fix the cheating

3. It's a one-shot kill (so are many other weapons and weaponised vehicles in this game)

4. It requires no skill (neither does the OP2 with its demon homing rockets and countermeasures, the preferred vehicle of the griefer noobs. Until last week, we couldn't even lock on to the riders)

5. It is pay to win (Pay to win what? A single kill at an extortionate cost? Not great value for money in anybody's book)

6. The user is unassailable (so is an OTR player on an Oppressor 2, or in a Bandito, or on a rooftop with an explosive sniper, or in his house having laid proxi mines around)

 

They aren't good arguments, or even good reasons. They are just excuses because you don't like it. 

Edited by Big Molio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
1 hour ago, Big Molio said:

Derp yourself pal. If you have only just spotted that I have been arguing about the OC as a point in principle without the glitches and cheats then I can't help you (lol)

I've been telling you all this time (and not just me) that OC without cheats is bad enough, because it can obliterate players with one shot and players don't need skills to do that! Cheating only makes it worse!

 

  

1 hour ago, Big Molio said:

 

They aren't good arguments, or even good reasons. They are just excuses because you don't like it. 

Actually they are very good arguments. You just don't like them because, as it looks like, you can't offer any good counter argument. 

 

Your I don't have a problem with OC and that's why it should stay isn't an argument. It's just an opinion at best.

Edited by TheGhostFromPast
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
19 minutes ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

I've been telling you all this time that OC without cheats is bad enough, because it can obliterate players with one shot and players don't need skills to do that! Cheating only makes it worse!

 

  

Actually they are very good arguments. You just don't like them because, as it looks like, you can't offer any good counter argument. 

 

Your I don't have a problem with OC and that's why it should stay isn't an argument. It's just an opinion at best.

Likewise.
 

As said, I have the advantage of the OC already being in-game, it’s the status quo. I am not arguing for change. The onus isn’t on me therefore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BumpyJohnson
56 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

1. Cheaters abuse it with glitched money - Irrelevant, fix the cheating

2. Cheaters abuse the cool-down using an exploit - Irrelevant, fix the cheating

3. It's a one-shot kill (so are many other weapons and weaponised vehicles in this game)

4. It requires no skill (neither does the OP2 with its demon homing rockets and countermeasures, the preferred vehicle of the griefer noobs. Until last week, we couldn't even lock on to the riders)

5. It is pay to win (Pay to win what? A single kill at an extortionate cost? Not great value for money in anybody's book)

6. The user is unassailable (so is an OTR player on an Oppressor 2, or in a Bandito, or on a rooftop with an explosive sniper, or in his house having laid proxi mines around)

 

They aren't good arguments, or even good reasons. They are just excuses because you don't like it. 

lol  These are all sounds arguments.  You just choose to ignore them and your reasonings are ridiculous.  Very stubborn and self-centered mindset you have here.

 

1) Fix cheating? lmao The game is 6 years old and money glitches are still rampant. Until they fix money glitches they cant be irrelevant.

2) Fix leaving the session?  lol  Again, after 6 years have they stopped this yet? So again until they can stop ppl leaving this is NOT irrelevant.

3) False.  I can get in an armor vehicle and withstand multiple missles from any weapon in the game.  No amount of armor can survive the OC.  You really tried this comparison? lol

4) So the OC requires the same amount of skill as the MKII?  lol  Absurd smh

5) Your opinion of the value is irrelevant. If they glitched there money or are rich you really think theyre looking at the value of the shot? Also knowing they can just leave and not pay?

6) False, OTR and snipers can still be seen AND killed.  RC can be destroyed.  Person on OC cant be killed nor can OC be destroyed.  Your rebuttals are trash.

 

Your arguments are the ones that's terrible because theyre badly skewed and based on your opinion and have been destroyed from all angles by many but yet you keep telling yourself otherwise and repeating them.  Seems like you know you lost here but are just gonna stubbornly keep going until we are fed up with your ignorance.  Slick.  lol  You got it chief.

 

41 minutes ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

I've been telling you all this time (and not just me) that OC without cheats is bad enough, because it can obliterate players with one shot and players don't need skills to do that! Cheating only makes it worse!

Exactly we all have but he rather focus only on the glitch money and exploit arguments so he can keep his argument up. I almost feel like he's trolling us.  lol  Nobody can be this stubborn.

 

Edited by BumpyJohnson
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
25 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

Likewise.
 

As said, I have the advantage of the OC already being in-game, it’s the status quo. I am not arguing for change. The onus isn’t on me therefore.

I doubt you would say the same after you would have played at least a week GTA:O in a session where cheaters has nothing better to do than abusing orbital cannon in all possible ways. 🙄

 

 

Did I mentioned that because of OC it's not possible to enjoy that moment where player has to defend his cargo because others are attacking?!

 

By the way! In Battlefield 2 artillery at least makes some kind of a noise, which tells player that after about 10 seconds base will be bombarded, but I haven't heard that OC in GTA:O would make any noise.  

 

Even flying sausage and deluxo makes some kind of a noise! And don't even start with that killing people with one shot from rooftops with something like a sniper rifle thing. In order to get to that point players need time, patience and practice. You can do it?! Great, but not everyone can do that. What everyone can do is to obliterate others with OC, because players don't need time, patience and practice in order to obliterate people with OC. All they have to do is to pay for a shot. 

 

  

5 minutes ago, BumpyJohnson said:

Exactly we all have but he rather focus only on the glitch money and exploit arguments so he can keep his argument up. I almost feel like he's trolling us.  lol  Nobody can be this stubborn.

I guess he's an exception, because even the most stubborn people I know in his place would've realized by now that their opinions have been destroyed in all possible ways. 🙄

Edited by TheGhostFromPast
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
21 minutes ago, BumpyJohnson said:

lol  These are all sounds arguments.  You just choose to ignore them and your reasonings are ridiculous.  Very stubborn and self-centered mindset you have here.

Likewise man.

 

Quote

 

1) Fix cheating? lmao The game is 6 years old and money glitches are still rampant. Until they fix money glitches they cant be irrelevant.

2) Fix leaving the session?  lol  Again, after 6 years have they stopped this yet? So again until they can stop ppl leaving this is NOT irrelevant.

It is irrelevant. Probably the most irrelevant argument. You want something gone because cheaters abuse it, but don't make any effort to make a case for the cheats being removed first.

 

Quote

3) False.  I can get in an armor vehicle and withstand multiple missles from any weapon in the game.  No amount of armor can survive the OC.  You really tried this comparison? lol

You have actually formed a strawman fallacy here by setting up a false argument to attack, one that I did not make. I did not claim what you are asserting. I said that the OC is not the only method of a one shot kill, and it isn't. What you have done here is present a different argument to the one being made. 

 

Quote

4) So the OC requires the same amount of skill as the MKII?  lol  Absurd smh

So why have many members on this forum (and the wider GTAO community) spent what, the best part of the last two years arguing against the OP2 as a completely skill-less griefer tool, with far, far more complaints about the apparent ease of its destructive capabilities?

 

Quote

5) Your opinion of the value is irrelevant. If they glitched there money or are rich you really think theyre looking at the value of the shot? Also knowing they can just leave and not pay?

Glitching / cheating - irrelevant to me.

 

Quote

6) False, OTR and snipers can still be seen AND killed.  RC can be destroyed.  Person on OC cant be killed nor can OC be destroyed.  Your rebuttals are trash.

You can't kill ME whilst I am in an RC

 

Quote

 

Your arguments are the ones that's terrible because theyre badly skewed and based on your opinion and have been destroyed from all angles by many but yet you keep telling yourself otherwise and repeating them.  Seems like you know you lost here but are just gonna stubbornly keep going until we are fed up with your ignorance.  Slick.  lol  You got it chief.

I'm happy to stand by my opinion. It's you are and your oppos who are getting increasingly more agitated and excited man. I am happy to agree to disagree though.

 

17 minutes ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

I guess he's an exception, because even the most stubborn people I know in his place would've realized by now that their opinions have been destroyed in all possible ways. 🙄

You can't destroy somebody's opinion, because they are subjective. In my experience the OC doesn't form so much of a nuisance that I would advocate its removal. I would advocate removal of any cheats that allow illegitimate use though.

 

What else do you want me to say?

 

 

Edited by Big Molio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B7R
2 hours ago, Tomtomsengermany said:

If you get hit by the orbital cannon while you driving around in your bandito he still has to pay 750k but  wont get the kill

 

Shhhh don't tell Rockstar that or they'll hotfix it so the cryhards have something else to one up about. 

 

It's a good form of defence from the OC if you have it but I could always see Rockstar giving into the cryhards and making it so even if you're in an Bandito, they'll still get +1 kill on you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
4 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

You can't destroy somebody's opinion, because they are subjective. In my experience the OC doesn't form so much of a nuisance that I would advocate its removal. I would advocate removal of any cheats that allow illegitimate use though.

 

What else do you want me to say?

 

 

Stick to your opinion if you wish, but your opinion isn't helping you to convince me that OC should stay in GTA:O, because your opinion doesn't show how bad is situation with OC. It's just saying you don't have a problem with it, that's why OC should stay and that's all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BumpyJohnson

^ ^

Exactly  "I personally don't find it a nuisance or I haven't been griefed by it so it should stay"  wtf?  lol  How self-centered can you get?

 

1 hour ago, Big Molio said:

Likewise man.

Do you know what self-centered means because many ppl share my view within this debate while you're alone on yours.

 

It is irrelevant. Probably the most irrelevant argument. You want something gone because cheaters abuse it, but don't make any effort to make a case for the cheats being removed first.

Irrelevant in YOUR opinion.  Its certainly relevant to the community. False I want it gone because its an unfair mechanic AND because they cant fix the exploits that make it even worse. 

 

You have actually formed a strawman fallacy here by setting up a false argument to attack, one that I did not make. I did not claim what you are asserting. I said that the OC is not the only method of a one shot kill, and it isn't. What you have done here is present a different argument to the one being made. 

lol  You tried to imply the OC is just as dangerous and takes just as much skill as the MKII and other weaponized vehiles.  I directly countered that notion.

 

Glitching / cheating - irrelevant to me.

Of course it is or else your argument would be dead but its certainly relevant to mostly everyone else.  You're in the minority.

 

You can't kill ME whilst I am in an RC

Strawman again lol plus I clearly said "destroy the RC" not the player.  lol  smh 

 

You can't destroy somebody's opinion, because they are subjective. In my experience the OC doesn't form so much of a nuisance that I would advocate its removal. I would advocate removal of any cheats that allow illegitimate use though.

Youre arguing with that subjective opinion and presenting it as fact tho.  The thing about removal which you refuse to acknowledge is this,  they can remove the OC or disable it but they obviously cant fix the exploits to it or money glitches yet you keep saying that's the solution.  How when they haven't fixed money glitches and leaving since the launch?  Don't ignore this question.  I need a good comeback.  I doubt you can so good day sir.

Edited by BumpyJohnson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
1 hour ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

Stick to your opinion if you wish, but your opinion isn't helping you to convince me that OC should stay in GTA:O, because your opinion doesn't show how bad is situation with OC. It's just saying you don't have a problem with it, that's why OC should stay and that's all.

From where I am sat the issue is being over-dramatised into a bigger problem than I think it actually is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
1 minute ago, Big Molio said:

From where I am sat the issue is being over-dramatised into a bigger problem than I think it actually is.

And again nothing new!  Just the same you don't have a problem with it and that's why OC should stay. 🙄 That's cute, but it doesn't show overall situation with OC, it just once again says that you don't have a problem with it.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
Quote

Do you know what self-centered means because many ppl share my view within this debate while you're alone on yours.

 

That is what is known as an "Appeal to popularity" fallacy.

 

Quote

Irrelevant in YOUR opinion.  Its certainly relevant to the community. False I want it gone because its an unfair mechanic AND because they cant fix the exploits that make it even worse. 

 

Cheaters abusing a game feature is irrelevant to whether the feature is balanced, that is all I have tried to maintain. We disagree that it is an unfair mechanic. In my opinion, its regulation through cost and cool down makes it only a minor nuisance in the grand scheme of things.

 

Quote

lol  You tried to imply the OC is just as dangerous and takes just as much skill as the MKII and other weaponized vehiles.  I directly countered that notion.

 

I think that what I said was that the OC isn't the only example where a one shot kill can be employed.

 

Quote

Of course it is or else your argument would be dead but its certainly relevant to mostly everyone else.  You're in the minority.

 

That is what is known as an "Appeal to popularity" fallacy. 

 

Quote

Strawman again lol plus I clearly said "destroy the RC" not the player.  lol  smh 

 

Incorrect. I offered an example where a player is unassailable other than the facility. When in the R/C, he is unassailable. You cannot score a kill on him. You tried to counter my point with a response that ignored this.

 

Quote

Youre arguing with that subjective opinion and presenting it as fact tho.  The thing about removal which you refuse to acknowledge is this,  they can remove the OC or disable it but they obviously cant fix the exploits to it or money glitches yet you keep saying that's the solution.  How when they haven't fixed money glitches and leaving since the launch?  Don't ignore this question.  I need a good comeback.  I doubt you can so good day sir.

 

You are also offering an opinion of Rockstar's capabilities and presenting it as fact. How do you know that they cannot fix the glitches and must therefore remove the OC feature altogether? You don't, it is simply conjecture on your part. Just because they haven't yet is not conclusive that they can't.

 

Good day to you too.

 

8 minutes ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

And again nothing new!  Just the same you don't have a problem with it and that's why OC should stay. 🙄 That's cute, but it doesn't show overall situation with OC, it just once again says that you don't have a problem with it.

 

I know, but I repeat, I'm not the one arguing to change the status quo.

 

That's me done with this, you can all reply if you want to but the argument is going round in circles. 

 

To summarise. In my opinion the current operating principle of the Oribital Cannon when used legitimately is not enough of a nuisance to advocate its removal. The glitches and other exploits should be addressed however.

 

Edited by Big Molio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
1 minute ago, Big Molio said:

I know, but I repeat, I'm not the one arguing to change the status quo.

 

I think I already told you before that you can repeat it as much as you want, but it won't help you to convince me that OC should stay in GTA:O, because your opinion is focused only on your situation with OC and it doesn't show overall situation with OC. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black-Dragon96
3 hours ago, Big Molio said:

1. Cheaters abuse it with glitched money - Irrelevant, fix the cheating

2. Cheaters abuse the cool-down using an exploit - Irrelevant, fix the cheating

3. It's a one-shot kill (so are many other weapons and weaponised vehicles in this game)

4. It requires no skill (neither does the OP2 with its demon homing rockets and countermeasures, the preferred vehicle of the griefer noobs. Until last week, we couldn't even lock on to the riders)

5. It is pay to win (Pay to win what? A single kill at an extortionate cost? Not great value for money in anybody's book)

6. The user is unassailable (so is an OTR player on an Oppressor 2, or in a Bandito, or on a rooftop with an explosive sniper, or in his house having laid proxi mines around)

 

They aren't good arguments, or even good reasons. They are just excuses because you don't like it. 

1. Not irrelevant. The canon was added the way it works despite R* knowing that there are and will be money glitches. Getting rid of all moneyglitches would mean to completly rework the game. Thats why most money glitches are just taped over mean there will be a new version out just hours later.

2. See 1.

3. However all other weapons are limited in range. You can not shoot someone standing in Paleto Bay with your explo sniper while you are a the LS Terminal.

4. The mk2 takes a bare minimum of skill. You atleast have to fly towards your opponent find out where he is and get a lock/freeaim him.

5. Pretty much yes. And it apparently is of enough value for some people, because there are enough people who stay after their shot.

The amount is irrelevant for it being pay to win. Even if it would only cost 1$ it would still be pay to win for the simple reason that you are exchanging a currency for a kill/multiple kills.

6. I can shoot down an mk2 using a lazer or another mk2, I can spot an otr player by just looking at the screen in front of my eyes (otr only removes you blip and does not make you invisible), I can avoid a rooftop sniper by going out of his range, find out his exact location and then shoot him a new airintake.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arrows to Athens

Haha Just got OC'd today by some mega salty cryhard barcode. The kid was picking people off in that apartment wallbreach near the eclipse towers and LSC, which Dumbstar still haven't fixed since 2013 because monies. He snipes me as I spawn nearby. Moments later, I find him (he's in ghost at this point) on another building through my thermal scope and pick him off.

 

A minute later, KABOOM! I get obliterated. The crybaby got butthurt to death because I got my revenge kill on him, so he warped to his facility whilst in ghost and struck me. That's just how quick it is to OC someone.

 

It has no place in this game at all. It encourages a lazy and sloppy playstyle. Instead of actually going out to get their kill on someone, they just go inside their facility and hold one button to blast them from the sky.

Edited by Arrows to Athens
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
6 hours ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Haha Just got OC'd today by some mega salty cryhard barcode. The kid was picking people off in that apartment wallbreach near the eclipse towers and LSC, which Dumbstar still haven't fixed since 2013 because monies. He snipes me as I spawn nearby. Moments later, I find him (he's in ghost at this point) on another building through my thermal scope and pick him off.

 

A minute later, KABOOM! I get obliterated. The crybaby got butthurt to death because I got my revenge kill on him, so he warped to his facility whilst in ghost and struck me. That's just how quick it is to OC someone.

 

It has no place in this game at all. It encourages a lazy and sloppy playstyle. Instead of actually going out to get their kill on someone, they just go inside their facility and hold one button to blast them from the sky.

Wear it like a badge of honour. You got to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tekno1
3 hours ago, Big Molio said:

Wear it like a badge of honour. You got to him.

Exactly what i think. The one who cries is the one who loses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
14 hours ago, BumpyJohnson said:

^ ^

Exactly  "I personally don't find it a nuisance or I haven't been griefed by it so it should stay"  wtf?  lol  How self-centered can you get?

 

 

Yeah, it's the worst argument I've seen. In fact it's not even an argument. At best it's just his opinion, which doesn't show the overall situation with OC.

 

10 hours ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Haha Just got OC'd today by some mega salty cryhard barcode. The kid was picking people off in that apartment wallbreach near the eclipse towers and LSC, which Dumbstar still haven't fixed since 2013 because monies. He snipes me as I spawn nearby. Moments later, I find him (he's in ghost at this point) on another building through my thermal scope and pick him off.

 

A minute later, KABOOM! I get obliterated. The crybaby got butthurt to death because I got my revenge kill on him, so he warped to his facility whilst in ghost and struck me. That's just how quick it is to OC someone.

 

It has no place in this game at all. It encourages a lazy and sloppy playstyle. Instead of actually going out to get their kill on someone, they just go inside their facility and hold one button to blast them from the sky.

 

I agree! GTA:O should be a game, where people require some skills in order to fight against other players and where players have a chance to fight back when someone attacks them, not a game where players only need money in order to win.

3 hours ago, Big Molio said:

Wear it like a badge of honour. You got to him.

 

You know what people usually wear like a badge of honor?! Something, which they got in a fight which requires skills and balls. 

 

7 minutes ago, Tekno1 said:

Exactly what i think. The one who cries is the one who loses.

 

Has someone ever obliterated you with OC?!

Edited by TheGhostFromPast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tekno1
1 minute ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

Has someone ever obliterated you with OC?!

Yes, someone has. Last year, i was near a gas station, doing a headhunter, trying to get a car, when i got obliterated by one. Why do you ask? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
Just now, Tekno1 said:

Yes, someone has. Last year, i was near a gas station, doing a headhunter, trying to get a car, when i got obliterated by one. Why do you ask? 

 

Because this is the first time when I see some people defending so much a tool, which can be used only for griefing and cheating, not to mention that OC only encourages playstyle which doesn't need skills, just money! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio
6 minutes ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

You know what people usually wear like a badge of honor?! Something, which they got in a fight which requires skills and balls. 

Maybe, but needling a player so much that they are forced to retreat to their facility for a petulant face-saving shot at you with the OC is just as satisfying, and funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
28 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

Maybe, but needling a player so much that they are forced to retreat to their facility for a petulant face-saving shot at you with the OC is just as satisfying, and funny.

 

That could be true, but still, as I was saying somewhere before, OC shouldn't be in any game, let alone in a game where it's possible to cheat so much that in the end whole session is turned into something which makes me wonder where the hell is Mulder and Scully when you need them?!

Edited by TheGhostFromPast
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tekno1
1 minute ago, TheGhostFromPast said:

 

Because this is the first time when I see some people defending so much a tool, which can be used only for griefing and cheating, not to mention that OC only encourages playstyle which doesn't need skills, just money! 

I never defended the OC tho. If someone cries and decides to use something like the OC, i think the one who cried and spent all that money is the real loser here. If you annoy some asshole so much that they sink so low as to use it, i think you should be proud. I am against the OC, hell, i dont even use my Mark 2, Widowmaker nor Explosive Heavy Sniper Mk2, because imo they arent fair game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGhostFromPast
Just now, Tekno1 said:

I never defended the OC tho. If someone cries and decides to use something like the OC, i think the one who cried and spent all that money is the real loser here. If you annoy some asshole so much that they sink so low as to use it, i think you should be proud. I am against the OC, hell, i dont even use my Mark 2, Widowmaker nor Explosive Heavy Sniper Mk2, because imo they arent fair game.

Ooops! 🙄 I misunderstood you! Sorry.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nealmac

Jesus.Is he still wittering on?

 

Using the old "it doesn't happen too often so that makes it ok" line. 🤦‍♂️

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HamwithCheese
2 minutes ago, Tekno1 said:

i think the one who cried and spent all that money is the real loser here

That's what you think, and they think the opposite. They don't care about money, they care about what they think you're feeling, and they think you being obliterated by an insta kill button makes you mad and nothing can change their perspective.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.