2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

jaljax

Why Is Fortnite Such A Trend?

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Its a game for virgins plain and simple, old school gamers like myself look at games like that in disgust

Nico

I don't like these hyper-massive, FPS online games either. My brother just got PUBG installed on my PC simply because it doesn't run on his. F*cking great.

In fact, I don't even like online games to begin with. I don't want f*cking toddlers ruining the quality of my experience.

Its a game for virgins plain and simple, old school gamers like myself look at games like that in disgust

I'm sorry but.. what? :D since when does your game of choice make you a virgin? Idk, for an old school gamer, that's a very childish thing to say.

Purevil

I don't want toddlers ruining the quality of my experience.

https://youtu.be/R_WxRjFm5Hk

TheOriginalGunslinger
Posted (edited)

I don't mind Battle Royale type games but it seems like a pretty big overrated thing now. It seems almost every game wants to dip into it. (Not saying it's a bad thing...) But it's like, Yes! Let's flood the market so the genre dies an early death. Then we can get back to real games. I'll use MySpace for example. It'll die out one day.

Y'all wanna see a real PUBG ripoff? Give "Ring of Elysium" a try.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Leftist Bastard

it's simple, it's fun and it's addictive.

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)

It looks awesome for a PS2 game!

I dunno, the braindead monkeys at my job really seem to like it, which generally makes me want to steer clear of it

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Leftist Bastard

439.jpg

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)

It's because people whom I know to be idiots like it that I avoid it, not because it's generally popular. Also, competitive games are not ones I like.

Liking popular things doesn't necessarily make you an interesting person either

For what it's worth, I make no claims to being an interesting person, nor do I see how it relates to the topic at hand.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Blaze

still a better mp experience than gtao

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

I feel like most people only play it, and claim to enjoy it, because it's what's trendy and popular at the moment. More than 90 percent of my friend's list on PS4 play Fortnite, and I get invited to a session daily. Like, what foul brain damage or unusual neurological chemical concoction caused you to think that I also play Fortnite? Just because it's popular and you play it doesn't mean I play it, too. Don't get me into that bandwagon.

I don't know, had Fortnite not have been as popular, do you think most people would still play it and claim to enjoy it? I mean, it's already become a money-maker for several YouTubers, like Ninja. Logan Paul is now also following the trend, as is Deji, KSI, Jev, Rug, etc. And now even celebrities have hopped on the bandwagon. There's even a YouTube channel solely based on other YouTubers' Fortnite content, and it makes a sh*t ton of views and money from that!

Edited by Arrows to Athens

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

439.jpg

Who said it does? Aren't you the same fellow who was sh*tting on MW2 in the other thread? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite, since you were trashing on MW2? Remember, hating on popular things don't make you an interesting person.

Dbzk1999

Why are some people being assholes about people that play the game?

Either way, preferences at the end of the day. Dont play it unless Im with my fellow cadets at my academy or Im feeling bored of my other games.

Penguin Bob

I 100% agree with you guys. In my opinion, Fortnite is terribly overrated. It's always the kids that has to ruin the game. I'm not saying that i hate the game, but it is repetitive. It's sorta like every multiplayer shooter game. You shoot that guy, and then you shoot another, and then you get a new gun, AND THEN you go to a new map, and then you shoot that guy on the new map, and then you camp and then UGH! It's boring written all over the place. But honestly, it's fun SOMETIMES...but after a while of playing the game, you feel like you are in a loop. But i'll look on the bright side, it is free.

You've pretty much just summed up just about every FPS game though - only difference been the fact that all equipment is obviously collected in-match rather than through levelling up etc. It's free though, so I don't exactly get how anyone could really bitch about it at all - If it's not your cup of tea then move on and ignore it, simple as that.

Apparently, you did not read me say, "But honestly, it's fun SOMETIMES". FPS games are repetitive but they are kind of fun and it's a timekiller to me. But that's only my opinion though.

Leftist Bastard

439.jpg

Who said it does? Aren't you the same fellow who was sh*tting on MW2 in the other thread? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite, since you were trashing on MW2? Remember, hating on popular things don't make you an interesting person.

not the same thing and you know it but whatever makes you happy i guess

LittleBlueTroll

It is a lot of fun with friends. If you have 3 other mates to play with I think its a laugh, none of us take it too seriously and that to me is the key for having a good time on there (or any multiplayer game)

I literally suck so bad at this game when playing solo. I'm not much better in squads, but solo I really swallow the chode. I am currently 27, and I feel like my reaction times against some of these kids are just slow much slower haha. They seem to spot me and build so much fast than I do. I also feel like my "era" of gaming was a lot different from games like this. When playing Call Of Duty for example, It's quite a linear experience as far as game play goes, you shoot and take cover behind whatever is already laid out in the map, In Fortnite you can build your own cover, and I can never seem to grasp that as I should. I get shot at, and I crouch and look for cover long before building, which should be your go to move.

So moral of the story, I suck, but I can still enjoy it in a party.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

439.jpg

Uh, yes, it is. You said that hating popular things doesn't make you an interesting person, so you hating on MW2, the most popular COD game, would make you a hypocrite. It is the same thing, and you know it, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Interface
Posted (edited)

Why in the world do you people bash those who like Fortnite? You obviously just hate to avoid the "mainstream", lol. The game is fun, especially with friends, and it is very addictive. I like it a lot. And no, I am not a child.

btw, saying "Fortnite is just for kids" is completely ignorant and infantile. Just why the f*ck do you think this game is only for kids? Because of the cartoonish art-style? Are you f*cking kidding me? Listen to yourselves, jesus christ.

Edited by Interface

CrysisAverted

Why in the world do you people bash those who like Fortnite? You obviously just hate to avoid the "mainstream", lol. The game is fun, especially with friends, and it is very addictive. I like it a lot. And no, I am not a child.

btw, saying "Fortnite is just for kids" is completely ignorant and infantile. Just why the f*ck do you think this game is only for kids? Because of the cartoonish art-style? Are you f*cking kidding me? Listen to yourselves, jesus christ.

its for kids and adults who never grew up

Leftist Bastard

439.jpg

Uh, yes, it is. You said that hating popular things doesn't make you an interesting person, so you hating on MW2, the most popular COD game, would make you a hypocrite. It is the same thing, and you know it, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

I actually have solid tangible reasons for considering MW2 garbage which is more than I can say for most of the Fortnite hate brigade - so no, it's not the same.

PaeganLoveSong

...he says on a fxcking VIDEO GAME forum...

Blaze

have you seen gtao anytime recently

YellowJacket

I'm very open when it comes to video games, even kids games, but, this game in particular looks like absolute garbage and lame. I am judging a book by it's cover, I guess, as I have not actually played it, I am just judging from watching play videos on youtube. It looks like I'd rather play Superman64, and that's saying a lot.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

I'm very open when it comes to video games, even kids games, but, this game in particular looks like absolute garbage and lame. I am judging a book by it's cover, I guess, as I have not actually played it, I am just judging from watching play videos on youtube. It looks like I'd rather play Superman64, and that's saying a lot.

I remember trying it out once, and I just don't get it. After 10 minutes, I turned it off, uninstalled it, and never looked back. Only in a parallel universe would I ever go back to it again.

The one thing I hate more than anything is when my favorite YouTubers start uploading literally nothing but Fortnite. I'm looking at you, Deji.

antiguogrumete

Well I play a lot with my friends and I have a great time, this is my first video in Fornite, I hope you like it

LittleBlueTroll
Posted (edited)

Well I play a lot with my friends and I have a great time, this is my first video in Fornite, I hope you like it

I do have some constructive criticism for you. I made many YouTube videos in the past, and while I didn't have incredible amounts of success, I do feel like I could pass on some of the advice and criticism I got when I very first started out.

The video is 16 minutes long, which is a long time to hold a viewers attention. You either have to have a very entertaining personality/commentary, or have exceptionally good gameplay, or both. You end on 4 kills in a 50 vs 50 mode, which In my opinion isn't a worthy payoff for watching 16 minutes. Maybe you could try some kind of Fortnite montage type deal? Where you cut the clips down and make a shorter, more to the point video of all the action. Or, If you enjoy the longer ones, maybe drop in some commentary live while you play, it is a lot easier to live commentate than it is to do a static one while watching the gameplay back.

For example, you get down to a 4 vs 2 scenario at the end, which is quite rare for a 50 vs 50, usually there is a lot more people on one team than the other, It would of been nice for the viewer to know what your thoughts were, or what you were thinking as it came down to the last few. Cutting out things like farming materials is a nice way to save time and make sure the viewer doesn't lose interest. If you watch some of the big YouTubers who make Fortnite videos, they will do a tonne of jump cuts in the video and erase the less action packed parts, like farming. If you are ripping the footage straight from stream like Ninja, then of course all the farming ETC will be left in, but that is where your commentary and personality can fill the void :^:

On a more positive note, there wasn't a crazy OTT saturation boost like some people do on their videos, and your video quality was very good.Keep it up :^::^:

Edited by LittleBlueTroll

xXxRyanxXx

I typically avoid multiplayer only games. My brother had it and it just looked so unappealing to me.