3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

BUT THE BENZ

The BENZLESS factor

Nutduster

you seem to FORGET that the game was simply stuck in development hell, that your beloved SAMMY SNAKE HOUSER thought it was soooo whack that they could not have the game go "gold" in that state. I don't care if it was 99.9 % done, just a finger snap away from completition - it would not have become GOTY, for all we know, it would not have even been released, if the benz didn't indeed snap his fingers.

you guys trying to argue that away is just, mindboggling? (blind fanboyism?! I don't know...)

anyhow, your GOD sam houser was quoted and sh*t at his lowest point (begging, in CAPITAL LETTERS) and still you say OH THEY COULD HAVE IT DONE WITHOUT THE BENZ...IT WAAS AS GOOD AS DONE....

yeah lel, go re-read that e-mail excerpt where your "god" is asking for HELP...asking no other than the most talented guy he knew capable of doing the job

the joke is on you people, you people!

The only fanboyism going on here is yours, for The Benz, and it's creeping me out. I don't give a f*ck about him OR the Housers, I just buy games that seem like they'll be good and hopefully they turn out to be so. Hero-worshipping these guys is teenaged bullsh*t. Cut it out, get some fresh air.

MARKUS.

What's coming into my head everytime I read THE BENZ

12-IMG_1047.jpg

Edited by MARKUS.

Gray-Hand

The Benz: We no get money yet. Price now 150 million. You pay now, or tomorrow Rockstar North dies!

Zelnick: Great. Let me get this down. 150 million... Oh, wait! I got a better idea. Instead of a hundred fifty million, how about I send you a hobo's dick cheese? Then, you kill it. Do your thing, skin the f*cking bastard. Go to town, man. Go to town! In the mean time and as usual, go f*ck yourself!

BUT THE BENZ

again, wrong thread.

Gray-Hand

Yeah guys, show this very important thread proper respect.

The Benz: [meeting alone together in Central Park] Hiya, Buddy.

Imran Sarwar: [nods as the both walk up to face one another] Benz.

The Benz: [with a smirk on his face] Sand bagged me on GTAOnline huh? I guess you think you taught the teacher a lesson that the tail can wag the dog huh? Well let me clue you in, pal. The ice is melting right underneath your feet.

[punches Imran and grabs him by the coattails]

The Benz: Did you think you could've gotten this far this fast with anyone else, huh? That you'd be out there producing a game like GTAOnline? No. You'd still be coding side scrolling dog sh*t games like f*cking Pinky & the Brain! I took you in!

[hits him again]

The Benz: A NOBODY!

[and again]

The Benz: I opened the doors for you! Showed you how the system works! The value of player freedom! How to *get it*! Vice City! San Andreas! GTA4! GTA5! And this is how you f*cking pay me back you COCKROACH?

[hits him once again and Imran falls to the ground]

The Benz: I GAVE you GTAOnline. I GAVE you your manhood. I gave you EVERYTHING!

[calms down, then takes out his handkerchief and throws it to Imran to clean off the blood]

The Benz: You could've been one of the great ones Imran. I looked at you and saw myself. Why?

Imran: [getting up] I don't know. I guess I realized that I'm just Imran Sarwar.

[firmly]

Imran: As much as I wanted to be The Benz, I'll *always* be Imran Sarwar.

[tosses back the handkerchief and walks away]

HelloMyNameIsHuman

The Benz is the reason we got no single player DLC, and why GTA Online is so prominent. Him being gone is a good thing in my book.

BUT THE BENZ

ha when I went through my PMs today I found one from january 2017?! I think, with the subject saying EAT LESLIE'S DICK

classic haters!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Ash_735

The Benz is the reason we got no single player DLC, and why GTA Online is so prominent. Him being gone is a good thing in my book.

Well he was going to produce 3 Single Player DLCs, so if it's his fault he got fired then sure, take that view. Online being popular is a big reason as to why there is no Single Player DLC but the major reason IS because Leslie was fired, the DLC teams disbanded and a huge amount of people quit Rockstar North during this 2014/5 period in response to Leslie being fired, all this time when these teams were SUPPOSED to be doing the DLC was spent dealing with the aftermath of the Leslie situation whilst the GTAO team just sailed through.

Gray-Hand

Do you have a reference for that?

Cozzi

12-IMG_1047.jpg

Glad I wasnt the only one. lol

Auditore

12-IMG_1047.jpg

What if Rockstar adds a Mercedez looking car in GTA 5 and call it The Benz?

Gray-Hand

It would probably disappear from your garage for six months and then delete $150,000,000 from your bank after you got rid of it.

Edited by Gray-Hand

jdv95

well considering he is the guy that pushed online to the front with gta v,i can't say that i will miss him.

the housers i still trust because they are great writers and have no real interest in online.

take 2 on the other hand will just push that online agenda even further so i am woried about them.

so yeah if benz did not force online to be such a big part i would have more respect for him.

no offence to the OP,you can like what you like afterall.

MARKUS.

well considering he is the guy that pushed online to the front with gta v,i can't say that i will miss him.

the housers i still trust because they are great writers and have no real interest in online.

Really? I thought it was the opposite, good to know it. F HIM then

Nutduster

Really? I thought it was the opposite, good to know it. F HIM then

Yeah, his lawsuit makes a big point about how Online was his baby and the Housers weren't interested in it, and then basically says that the shark card revenue has been all because of him and he deserves a cut. I have no doubt that he's a good developer and project manager, but if his lawsuit is accurate in all the parts his supporters go on about, then it must also be accurate in the fact that he was almost the sole architect of the thing that is currently dragging down the whole game. (He may not have envisioned it would be that way, but almost without question he was one of the first to see dollar signs where microtransactions and online multiplayer were concerned; more than likely the driver now is Strauss Zelnick, but The Benz got the ball rolling.)

BUT THE BENZ

yeah HATE on the man for being innovative....for realizing GTA 3 and everything else after that....let that sink in, at least try, ungrateful philistines!

online was his idea, what you saw was his concept, what actually was delivered down the road was basically IMRAN and gang, since the benz had no more part in it. he was about to make/drop the DLC, but imran didn't get around to that I guess. Same with heists, imran did what he could with it, well, semi-worked out I think. and what's wrong with GTAO? the sharkcards, besides that? a few things one could just tweak in games to come. but really, you can have a great time with the game. the playerbase and the people behind the game currently running it are responsible for the state of the game is in.

Why is there no hate for those ACTUALLY responsible?

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Spider-Vice

You should be hired for Everywhere automatically.

BUT THE BENZ

I'd love to pioneer but I wouldn't have any real purpose there Spice, you said it yourself quite clearly...I have no flipping idea on how programming works etc

BUT THE BENZ

the benz on the other hand, was the BOSS at it. that was quite the bridge..

well, with the delay around the corner, will you reconsider your stance on the one and only? accept his greatness and unreachable skills?

just sayin, anyhow good to have the forums "back"

thc_404
On 5/15/2018 at 5:35 PM, JuliusCaesar said:

I GUESS WE'LL SEE.

HelloMyNameIsHuman
On 5/15/2018 at 8:29 PM, Ash_735 said:
On 5/15/2018 at 11:35 AM, JuliusCaesar said:

Well he was going to produce 3 Single Player DLCs, so if it's his fault he got fired then sure, take that view. Online being popular is a big reason as to why there is no Single Player DLC but the major reason IS because Leslie was fired, the DLC teams disbanded and a huge amount of people quit Rockstar North during this 2014/5 period in response to Leslie being fired, all this time when these teams were SUPPOSED to be doing the DLC was spent dealing with the aftermath of the Leslie situation whilst the GTAO team just sailed through.

I mean, if that's true, okay? But in Leslie Benzie's court filings he says that the Housers didn't want GTA Online and wanted to focus on single player. You can imagine how we would have been playing those DLC's, though, and how they may have been themed around other times in the story when you can't be trevor or can't be mike and franklin, perhaps. It's a shame. No one wins. T2 wins, I guess. Online fans win. They don't need to know how the system is rigged up, it works, let it work I suppose.

edit: Like, it's so obvious, too, that we would have played the parts that led up to the way we met trevor killing you know who and his friends - probably from their perspective again, sub-serial series in form of DLC, mainstay, lost's next chapter, but nope.

So I wish it all never happened. But he found Jesus and bought a church, so that's a triumph. I'm sure the Housers are fine, no one can really be blamed for not wondering, they like it that way.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Ash_735
On 6/1/2018 at 6:17 AM, JuliusCaesar said:

I mean, if that's true, okay? But in Leslie Benzie's court filings he says that the Housers didn't want GTA Online and wanted to focus on single player. You can imagine how we would have been playing those DLC's, though, and how they may have been themed around other times in the story when you can't be trevor or can't be mike and franklin, perhaps. It's a shame. No one wins. T2 wins, I guess. Online fans win. They don't need to know how the system is rigged up, it works, let it work I suppose.

edit: Like, it's so obvious, too, that we would have played the parts that led up to the way we met trevor killing you know who and his friends - probably from their perspective again, sub-serial series in form of DLC, mainstay, lost's next chapter, but nope.

So I wish it all never happened. But he found Jesus and bought a church, so that's a triumph. I'm sure the Housers are fine, no one can really be blamed for not wondering, they like it that way.

You assume just because he created Online (which was vastly different in his design docs) that he wouldn't want to do Single Player DLC? There were already plans for the SP DLC, there were going to be three, one actual story one, followed by two "what if" styles (like Undead Nightmare) one being Alien War and the other being Zombie Apocalypse.

Original Light

I can't imagine the game being any worse or better without his involvement.

With RDR, he was able to fix some of the prominent bugs in development hell. If he weren't there, the bugs would still be fixed -- it would have only taken longer.

I doubt he had as much creative direction power as some people imagine. Games are a collaborative effort.

Ash_735
2 hours ago, Original Light said:

I can't imagine the game being any worse or better without his involvement.

With RDR, he was able to fix some of the prominent bugs in development hell. If he weren't there, the bugs would still be fixed -- it would have only taken longer.

I doubt he had as much creative direction power as some people imagine. Games are a collaborative effort.

They are, especially in the case of Rockstar North, where multiple long time vets walked out/quit after Leslie was fired, funny how people gloss over that one.

mombo2811
9 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

They are, especially in the case of Rockstar North, where multiple long time vets walked out/quit after Leslie was fired, funny how people gloss over that one.

They can be easily replaced.

Im sure Red Dead 2 will be just as good as any of their previous without the benz.

Ash_735
10 hours ago, mombo2811 said:

They can be easily replaced.

Would you say the same about the Housers? I mean what level of people do you consider easily replaceable? They already lost Craig Conner and Will Morton who were responsible for the sound designs in Rockstar Games titles since GTA3 (Craig being involved since GTA1 actually doing work for GTA1 and 2). How about Stephen Bliss who was the character art designer and box art designer since the GTA3 days? Or concept and design artists Ian McQue? Another audio and production direction guy since GTA IV was Matthew Smith? Or how about Animation Director Felipe Busquets  who was with Rockstar North since GTA3? Or San Diego Audio Sound Direction and Designer Christian Kjeldsen who had been with Rockstar since Red Dead Revolver?

Now I'm mainly interested in Sound and Artists so that's why those names above are mainly from those departments but that's still a chunk of names who have been involved with Rockstar Games since around GTA3, who have contributed to the look at feel of the games in areas that people like, who all quit/walked out after the Leslie incident. Majority of these won't be noticeable until the next major Rockstar North project however but to say they're easily replaceable is questionable about how much you think the style of Rockstar Games is approached, we've already seen questionable choices with Red Dead Redemption 2.

mombo2811

What do you mean by questionable choices Ash? 

Edited by mombo2811

mombo2811

And I don’t see much different from this

15 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Would you say the same about the Housers? I mean what level of people do you consider easily replaceable? They already lost Craig Conner and Will Morton who were responsible for the sound designs in Rockstar Games titles since GTA3 (Craig being involved since GTA1 actually doing work for GTA1 and 2). How about Stephen Bliss who was the character art designer and box art designer since the GTA3 days? Or concept and design artists Ian McQue? Another audio and production direction guy since GTA IV was Matthew Smith? Or how about Animation Director Felipe Busquets  who was with Rockstar North since GTA3? Or San Diego Audio Sound Direction and Designer Christian Kjeldsen who had been with Rockstar since Red Dead Revolver?

Now I'm mainly interested in Sound and Artists so that's why those names above are mainly from those departments but that's still a chunk of names who have been involved with Rockstar Games since around GTA3, who have contributed to the look at feel of the games in areas that people like, who all quit/walked out after the Leslie incident. Majority of these won't be noticeable until the next major Rockstar North project however but to say they're easily replaceable is questionable about how much you think the style of Rockstar Games is approached, we've already seen questionable choices with Red Dead Redemption 2.

And I don’t see much different from this game to GTAV or Red Dead Redemption yet...

Leslie left now I don’t know 4 years ago? So those people you mentioned have already been replaced and have been working on this game for a very long time.

The people who worked GTA3 are still at Rockstar. Look at this list:

Edited by mombo2811

Ash_735

The point is, we've not played the game yet, you're dismissing these people, dismissing any input Leslie had, etc, in favour of sticking with Rockstar who have yet to show us they're still Rockstar, but recent actions have shown them to be more UbiSoft than Rockstar which is why I'm still worried about RDR2 and their overall future, it'd be great if they continued on and were still awesome but right now even before the game something feels off. As for you pulling up a list of names of people who worked on GTA3, again missing the point as to how a lot of them left after the Leslie incident, the reason I brought that up was because a lot of people, including yourself, were saying that Leslie was just one man, when reality wise him being fired triggered a lot of other people to leave, which caused GTAV SP DLC to be cancelled, which could have even more of a knock on effect were yet to see because we've not seen anything from Rockstar North in terms of a big project and probably wont for another few years.