Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    2. News

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

    1. GTA Online

      1. After Hours
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Crews

      1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA Next

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

    2. Site Suggestions

BUT THE BENZ

The BENZLESS factor

Recommended Posts

Ash_735

The point is, we've not played the game yet, you're dismissing these people, dismissing any input Leslie had, etc, in favour of sticking with Rockstar who have yet to show us they're still Rockstar, but recent actions have shown them to be more UbiSoft than Rockstar which is why I'm still worried about RDR2 and their overall future, it'd be great if they continued on and were still awesome but right now even before the game something feels off. As for you pulling up a list of names of people who worked on GTA3, again missing the point as to how a lot of them left after the Leslie incident, the reason I brought that up was because a lot of people, including yourself, were saying that Leslie was just one man, when reality wise him being fired triggered a lot of other people to leave, which caused GTAV SP DLC to be cancelled, which could have even more of a knock on effect were yet to see because we've not seen anything from Rockstar North in terms of a big project and probably wont for another few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mombo2811

I dont know... 

Its difficult to say but ill wait for gameplay and the game to release before I decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

Rockstar North is leading RDR2, so we will be seeing what Rockstar North is up to this October. There isn't no reason they got North to talk about the game and they brought the media to Edinburgh. Developing RDR2 does not negate developing GTA VI as well, btw.

 

Also, it wouldn't be up to Leslie anyway whether they'd do collector's boxes or not "like Ubisoft"... Same thing with anything that's financial. Look at either the Housers or Zelnick, it probably wouldn't have differed that much with Leslie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Journey_95
On 6/5/2018 at 1:39 AM, Ash_735 said:

The point is, we've not played the game yet, you're dismissing these people, dismissing any input Leslie had, etc, in favour of sticking with Rockstar who have yet to show us they're still Rockstar, but recent actions have shown them to be more UbiSoft than Rockstar which is why I'm still worried about RDR2 and their overall future, it'd be great if they continued on and were still awesome but right now even before the game something feels off. As for you pulling up a list of names of people who worked on GTA3, again missing the point as to how a lot of them left after the Leslie incident, the reason I brought that up was because a lot of people, including yourself, were saying that Leslie was just one man, when reality wise him being fired triggered a lot of other people to leave, which caused GTAV SP DLC to be cancelled, which could have even more of a knock on effect were yet to see because we've not seen anything from Rockstar North in terms of a big project and probably wont for another few years.

I'm a bit worried because of Rockstar's Online obsession as well but what we have seen so far of RDR2 looks great and I think they will deliver again.

 

What looks off right now for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AGNT009

I havnt been keeping up with this Benz stuff at all. And I couldnt make it past page 2 of this thread. I'll say this, if this Benz guy was so great, and saved RDR, I have to think if he was in charge, we wouldnt be going backwards with old west games, we'd be going forwards. Just retelling an earlier version of Marstons story is way to safe, and The Benz guy without even touching this game still has his prints all over it, because they are using RDR as the outline for a successful RDR2. A man as truly great as this Benz guy apparently is, wouldnt want to go backwards. He's have maybe gone further back in time for the old west, but tell a totally original story that had nothing to do with Marston. Think about it, they are telling the story of a guy meant to be forgotten. So after we play the single player story, how could we not most likely think of Arthur as a forgettable experience. Arthur is a tool just to get us into RDR Online, and they didnt have the balls or the originality to tell a new unique story. Its a lazy way to introduce RDR Online. And laziness is what Rockstar is becoming known for, they build a great hook, but then make terrible decisions after that hook has been created, and you wonder how the same company that made the world could be the ones running it so badly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

The Benz wasn't responsible for writing the stories on any  R* games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am Shaegar

Leslie had no official position in the RDR development. The game was in development at Rockstar San Diego under the direction of Rockstar co-founders Sam and Dan Houser. 

The Housers and the team at SD shaped the vision of RDR. Benzie shaped the vision of Online. He doesn't deserve to be praised for this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUT THE BENZ

okay....then let's praise the dude who totally lost his sh*t because the game just wasn't working propperly, and eventually BEGGED the man who doesn't deserve to be praised for it for help - and even though the benz managed to get it all in shape, make it work, and eventually have it ready for release, the benz doesn't get any credit for it....RDR would have been better WITHOUT him really!!!!

 

good god...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
14 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

okay....then let's praise the dude who totally lost his sh*t because the game just wasn't working propperly, and eventually BEGGED the man who doesn't deserve to be praised for it for help - and even though the benz managed to get it all in shape, make it work, and eventually have it ready for release, the benz doesn't get any credit for it....RDR would have been better WITHOUT him really!!!!

 

good god...

We respect the man for what he did for us in the past. but he is GONE and we most move on. No matter what happens he is GONE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thc_404
1 hour ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

okay....then let's praise the dude who totally lost his sh*t because the game just wasn't working propperly, and eventually BEGGED the man who doesn't deserve to be praised for it for help - and even though the benz managed to get it all in shape, make it work, and eventually have it ready for release, the benz doesn't get any credit for it....RDR would have been better WITHOUT him really!!!!

 

good god...

We will know when RDRII comes out, if you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
On 6/16/2018 at 12:39 PM, thc_404 said:

We will know when RDRII comes out, if you're right.

To be fair RDR2 has been in development for the longest period by this point and has been delayed multiple times, so either way we won't know for sure but maybe they DID have issues and that's one of the delay reasons? Considering the amount of time they've took on this it should be released in a pretty tidy state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Journey_95
On 6/16/2018 at 11:40 AM, BUT THE BENZ said:

okay....then let's praise the dude who totally lost his sh*t because the game just wasn't working propperly, and eventually BEGGED the man who doesn't deserve to be praised for it for help - and even though the benz managed to get it all in shape, make it work, and eventually have it ready for release, the benz doesn't get any credit for it....RDR would have been better WITHOUT him really!!!!

 

good god...

OP this is unhealthy. Stop obsessing over the benz and move on. IF RDR2 is lackluster then his absence would be only one of the many reasons anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thc_404
On 6/5/2018 at 1:16 PM, mombo2811 said:

I dont know... 

Its difficult to say but ill wait for gameplay and the game to release before I decide.

You're still assuming you will get gameplay. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

The delays for RDR2 had nothing to do with The Benz. In the court documents they told him "There was nothing in the pipeline." 

 

Even if he was under an NDA he could have said unannounced project/title but he didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Journey_95 said:

OP this is unhealthy. Stop obsessing over the benz and move on. IF RDR2 is lackluster then his absence would be only one of the many reasons anyway.

what is unhealthy? making fun of idiotic comments? that's quite the self-medication up in here, as seemingly you have a lot of people around with little to no knowledge of what they're saying - especially these days!

(but really, has it ever been any "better"?)

 

so please, very kindly, stop acting like a woman on her period, nagging about my "obsession"!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thc_404
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

what is unhealthy? making fun of idiotic comments? that's quite the self-medication up in here, as seemingly you have a lot of people around with little to no knowledge of what they're saying - especially these days!

(but really, has it ever been any "better"?)

 

so please, very kindly, stop acting like a woman on her period, nagging about my "obsession"!

Maybe you should take a step back, and litterally f*ck your own face.

 

I'm just kidding. But Why the need to be so hostile over genuine concern? Are you scared that your opinion is less valid if you don't lash out like a petulant toddler? Or dare I say it, a woman on her period?

Edited by thc_404

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUT THE BENZ

ha that best tom cruise quote....almost thumb'd you up there mate....NOT

not kidding, really saying I'm just saying. idiots come along and babble sh*t, I just hit 'em back with some common sense. you talk down and hate on me for that? anytime buddy....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thc_404
3 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

ha that best tom cruise quote....almost thumb'd you up there mate....NOT

not kidding, really saying I'm just saying. idiots come along and babble sh*t, I just hit 'em back with some common sense. you talk down and hate on me for that? anytime buddy....

 

It's pretty clear that there's no deviating you from your path, Leslie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

This thread is starting to go in a loop of the same arguments, over and over again. I think it's time we nip this in the bud and actually wait for RDR2 instead of fighting for 6 pages about the same things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.