3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Classique

5% Discount Removed for being Kicked from a Session

Classique

Hello GTAForummers.

It has come to my attention that the 5% Discount Bonus you get from being commended by other players can be removed for being kicked from a session.

Here's the small story.

I randomly joined an open public session with only two players in it, both Crew Mates, and spawned in my Facility. I exited my Facility with a Pegasus Swift, and was on my way to my Bunker to modify my MOC.

After just 10 seconds of me being in the air, I get the notification that players are voting to kick me. Okay, fair enough, they want the session for themselves, I understand that. Just before I could press Pause->Online->Find New Session, I get automatically kicked.

Once I joined back into another Session, I didn't get the "You have a 5% Discounts for being commended by 90% of your peers" message, which I found odd. I then took my Hustler into Los Santos Customs, and sure enough, the 5% discount was gone (100% Armor was $47.500, now it's $50.000).

Then I became sad. And thus this post was created. So I can share my sadness. :(

I do want to point out that I do get a little upset when I get kicked for the wrong reason; by simply being in the session. I did not grief them or anything similar. I literally just joined the session.

On the other hand, I cannot blame them for doing it, as they didn't kick me for the sole purpose of removing my 5% Bonus. The kicked me because they wanted the session for themselves.

Now one can argue that it's Rockstar's fault for not making Businesses available in Invite-Only sessions, because... well, why else would they want a public lobby for themselves?

Another can argue that two players who are friends, or in the same Crew, should not be able to vote-kick someone out. There are solutions here which can be discussed.

While a 5% discount isn't much, it's still a bonus which I've earned by helping random players do Daily Objectives, helping them through tough Heist Setups, and so on. Having said bonus removed by two players who wanted the session for themselves is quite annoying, as I now have to go ""dirty"", by asking my friends to commend me to get the Bonus back.

Happened to anyone else? Do you even have/know about the 5% Bonus?

And if those players are GTAForummers, and ends up reading this post: You guys are dicks, but I understand your reasons. :santa:

SHOKKERZ91
Posted (edited)

Just another reason to grief votekick abusers.

Edited by SHOKKERZ91

Classique

That was absolutely tempting to do, gotta admit that, but that would make me just as bad as an actual griefer. All they wanted was a session for themselves, because they likely just wanted to do freemode Business stockups - and I do respect that. Even though it may be a dick move, it's the only way players can actually have a peaceful, stressless time doing some freemode work.

I would rather thank R* for the flawed Kick system and their horrible decision of making Businesses only available in Freemode :angry:

Sanches

I discovered that commend option like 2-3 months ago. And now i discovered that you can get bonuses for it? Lmao.

Sad story tho. Someone needs a hug.

HailHydra

Reading this makes me wonder, what is the highest discount you can get? 10% right?

Classique
Posted (edited)

Reading this makes me wonder, what is the highest discount you can get? 10% right?

The highest is 5% for clothing stores, Ammunation, and in Los Santos Customs.

Fun Fact: the Bonus also counts for the upgrading price for turning vehicles into Benny vehicles :santa:

Edited by Classique

DangerZ0neX

I also lost my commendation discount this way, but I usually get vote-kicked by tryhards whom I destroy with my Stromberg and Starling, and sometimes a Ruiner 2000 if the session is seriously infested with Deluxos and Oppressors.

Kind of a shame, though. I built up all those commendations from grinding heists with my crewmembers, friends, and randoms since the Heists update came out.

joel15cat

I never had it. some time ago I even deleted friends so that the 40 I had commended to me but without succeed... :(

Sanches

Is there a way to see how much you were commended?

StormerBoy

Fun Fact: the Bonus also counts for the upgrading price for turning vehicles into Benny vehicles :santa:

I thought 8% was the max?

SHOKKERZ91

To sum it up.

Votekick abuse gets you:

BS points? Check

Sending back to clouds with the chance to get stuck there? Check

Delets bonuses because some pussy wants his easymode session? Check

Nope, no mercy. They want a peaceful session? Should they set up one or search for one. There are so many tutorials, tips n tricks and even scripts to set up solo public lobbys. In the meantime, i use everything to stay in said lobby. 1 crew trick to delete votekicks and vip-jobs to not get kicked instantly.

Verstappen

I thought this was a glitched thing. I've only seen the commended message like 5 times ever since playing online.

I dont even know really how to commend someone...

Shadowfennekin

Ah, that's probably why mine disappeared then ever since GR came out.

I hopped back to FR during Overtime.... which was the original again? Well whatever, it was that event week and I was doing a quick supply mission to refill my supply bar to continue research.

Sure enough the two people who were in that lobby kicked me, I was removed after the supply mission.... and the progress didn't save. Dickheads......

I never noticed it disappeared until some weeks later.

This ^

SHOKKERZ91

I thought this was a glitched thing. I've only seen the commended message like 5 times ever since playing online.

Same as reporting/votekicking someone. Start-Online-Players-Commend

Classique

Is there a way to see how much you were commended?

Nope. For this reason, I think the Commend feature is still in its "beta" stage, and R* couldn't be assed to do anything more to it :lol:

I thought 8% was the max?

Unfortunately, the Commend Bonus awards you a maximum of 5%. :(

To Commend a player, go to Start -> Online -> Players -> [player name] -> Commend. There, you can choose Helpful or Friendly. Both give the same 'points' counting towards the Bonus. :)

Lonely-Martin

Not just for being kicked dude, walking out of heists/races/jobs with twats in them too. All sorts of stupid out there, and much begins with R* themselves.

I've not long had a fun back and forth over the abuse of the kick feature, and I do still feel we should have a way to remove those that go 'that' far to be bastards to jobs/games. But I fully understand and know this frustration. It's a joke of a system that contributes to the negative that plagues this game at times.

For me, I landed in a session with an ally in, I had to ask another here I bumped into to commend me, I like that 5%, and accept it being taken away through my poor sportsmanship moments, but not for defending sales, quitting grief filled jobs like races where 2 or more guys block final ramps to end races, and this whole 'kicked for griefing' thing, when we are told to interfere if we want on things in freemode, is really redundant now. I don't like asking, but the game forces my hand really.

Hit me up anytime (A little later, as not on) for a quick counter vote there dude. Same for anyone on my list reading. Commending does counter it, and we need less commendations than boots to 'balance' it out, lol. Jobs with others helps too. (I expect you know thee bits, but also in case others don't :))

I do wish the business friendly crews did more to help others out there, one thing to be cautious, but it's clear so many are just 'f*ck 'em'. But as I learned in my lil' scrap here recently, the thought of communicating is absurd to some, lol.

'Why should I beg to stay'. I get the complaint, but there's so much more to it than 'begging', lol. Bless the ignorant my man.

Peace.

PwnageSoldier

Would the commend points be classifed as "Good Sport" points, or GS points? The reason why I think the name should be GS points is if you are awarded enough GS points (or enough commends) in a short time it can actually remove you from Dodgy Player status and put you back as a Clean Player. Essentially, GS points can counter BS points.

Lonely-Martin

^ Absolutely. Though it'll take more BS points to get booted to BS lobbies than it will GS points to get this 5%, lol.

ALifeOfMisery

Lost my 5% discount the same way.

I use to be in a friendly crew, some members would commend each other on a regular basis. I left the crew last December due to having less game time, so not wanting to spend every minute I play devoted to grinding and also because I wanted to use the GTAF tag as my primary.

Anyway, over the last 3 months or so I've gradually accumulated enough kick votes (I understand why they do it) that my 5% discount has now gone.

I always make a point of commending any other GTAF member I happen to land in a session with, or any name I recognize from the forum for that matter, every little helps.

Although my 3 commends for Harbujahn obviously didn't help turn the tide for him lol.

Quinn_flower
Posted (edited)

I was going to say 5% that's nothing anyone can afford ammo now. then I saw the post was from you classy so you get my sympathy

Edited by Quinn_flower

kenmy13999
Posted (edited)

Pm me if you're on ps4 and I'll gladly help commending you again

Edit: by you I mean pretty much everyone on ps4

Edited by kenmy13999

Voodoo-Hendrix

To sum it up.

Votekick abuse gets you:

BS points? Check

Unless you destroy way too many PVs, you leave jobs constantly and you get reported on a daily basis, it's pretty hard to end up in Bad Sport by being kicked from a lobby once in a while.

Sending back to clouds with the chance to get stuck there? Check

Getting stuck in the clouds it's beyond our control, I can hit "Find New Session" just fine and end up in Cloud Simulator anyway.

Delets bonuses because some pussy wants his easymode session? Check

Pussy? Easymode session? Careful with that edge bruh.

Nope, no mercy. They want a peaceful session? Should they set up one or search for one. There are so many tutorials, tips n tricks and even scripts to set up solo public lobbys. In the meantime, i use everything to stay in said lobby. 1 crew trick to delete votekicks and vip-jobs to not get kicked instantly.

They're already set up their peaceful session, that's why they're kicking you.

You making an effort to stay in said session even when people already told you to leave is waste of time and equals to thrown a tantrum basically.

"Mom, the kids don't want me to play with them, I'm gonna scream and destroy their sand castles, bwaaah"

You're not teaching anyone a lesson, you're just justifying them in kicking you and everyone else.

@Classique sorry for you to lose that bonus, it really sucks and I hope you get that bonus back. I'm glad that even when you got wronged, you still hold no grudge against them and understand their motives, it's nothing personal, it never is.

Verbal Soze

This is also happened to me before, which turns me into a griefer now but only to those who vote kick me out of the sessions

The usual method fully loaded and destroy their product or supplies or if they're just sitting inside their office/bunker boot them, problem solved, i don't treat an egocentric asshole nicely, especially those who kicks me out while i'm in passive in my savestra just wandering around the map

If they're afraid to do things in public lobbies set your MTU, bam solo lobbies, don't ruin other people's GTAO experience just because you're a chickensh*t

No worries tho, i got the discount back in the weekend by helping multiple randoms with my khanjali during their sales

Zader

This same thing happened to me while I was doing biker supplies back when they were new.

The discount sucked at first to lose, as I'd gained it relatively early on. I was a day one player who was, and still is, regularly helpful, sends all my freemode event winnings to low levels, and will spawn rare vehicles for people should they desire one. It was something small, but I felt like I earned it.

I've since regained the status, but just kind of accepted the loss after a while, realizing that even if I'm not hostile to the few other people in the lobby, me being in means more people will start to matchmake, some probably less than savoury.

If you join a low-pop lobby, just leave. Let the people grind in peace, and find another room to modify your cars. If you want to grind solo, set your MTU low, lag yourself out, or otherwise desync. It's honestly easier for everyone.

Verbal Soze

If you join a low-pop lobby, just leave. Let the people grind in peace, and find another room to modify your cars. If you want to grind solo, set your MTU low, lag yourself out, or otherwise desync. It's honestly easier for everyone.

no, just because i pop in to their sessions doesn't mean i'm a threat to them, those kind of people are very judgemental, which deserves to get f*cked

hell i even helped a random crew yesterday when i pop in to their sessions after a heist, they sent me a message "friendly don't kill", i was like ok then i brought my tampa and khanjali and helped them out, they even invite me to join their crew which i politely refuse cause i don't want to be attached to one thing

KingpinRCR

No it’s not, I had a 9% discount before, now I know why it dropped to 5% recently.

Classique

Pm me if you're on ps4 and I'll gladly help commending you again

Edit: by you I mean pretty much everyone on ps4

My PSN name is public on my profile :)

III-Ari-III

Crying for the loss of 5% discount XD ahahaha

Just play the game man.. you'll earn enough money eventually to not care at all about it.

emptyplayer

8% is correct. I've had an 8% discount for a long time until I got kicked last week in a similar situation as the OP and now I have lost it.

StormerBoy

8% is correct. I've had an 8% discount for a long time until I got kicked last week in a similar situation as the OP and now I have lost it.

This is what thought. Is it possible the additional 3% comes from following Ammunation on the ifruit app?

Apart from that, I don't believe my discount has gone down in years. I'm sometimes kicked too.