2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

IV Song Removal Due to Licenses expiring.

edups

Igor Bogdanoff

the patch wasnt even released for physical releases (yet?)

• Like 1

the patch wasnt even released for physical releases (yet?)

Yeah, I have the PS3 disc copy and havent been prompted to update.

EpsilonProgram

Im assuming the physical versions are unaffected by this?

If you don't install the patch, yes! If you install the patch, you'll lose the songs, in which case you'll have to uninstall the game and re-install (reject the patch).

Physical disc on Xbox 360 are unaffected I can confirm. On PC physical disc I assume you need to stick to Patch 8, right?

Gnocchi Flip Flops

It was a pretty busy day for me, so I couldn't read what's going on here, but right now after seeing this load of bullsh*t that happened I am glad I turned off auto update on my XOne. And GTA V was the last R* game I've bought new. If I will ever want to play anything from this sh*tty company I will either pirate it or buy it used to make sure they'll never see a dime from me.

I'd call you dramatic in any other case but I completely agree.

They took a solid game and tampered with. V isn't perfect, I play it but it's got a lot of disappointments. I've always resorted to IV instead of V because it was "just right" to me. After seeing how they screw SP V over and got super greedy, lackluster, and glitchy with their Online updates and maintenance, I gave up.

It is insulting to have them go back to something old of theres that you thought was great and f*ck with it. Idgaf if it's Take Two, Rockstar, Houser, etc they're all motherf*ckers. And the game is just a license for situations like this so you can't do anything about it. f*ckin con artists.

Gaming in general has got me down so this actually doesn't affect me the way it would two years ago. Thank f*ck. But this is still disgusting.

The fact that I have to give up MP just to enjoy the game I got a "license" to play is something else. Ain't even worth it but well I know I'll wanna play IV from time to time so I made sure to turn auto-update off.

I'm so disgusted. Just ugh. This industry, community, etc I'm done.

Edited by Scaglietti
  • Like 2

If you don't install the patch, yes! If you install the patch, you'll lose the songs, in which case you'll have to uninstall the game and re-install (reject the patch).

But there is a patch for the disc versions? So those of us who still want to play online are screwed.

Edited by tdavies457

TheOriginalGunslinger

Puts original GTA IV disk in Xbox 360/Xbox One > No update

Plays digital version of GTA IV on Xbox 360/Xbox One > Update

I'll stick to the original disk version until it fails one day. The patch never showed up for me (disk version). I even cleared my System Cache and same results.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

EpsilonProgram

But there is a patch for the disc versions? So those of us who still want to play online are screwed.

My xbox 360 was connected to Internet when I tested the game, the update didn't popped in. I believe you can still play online with discs on both PS3 and 360. What Rockstar basically did is uploaded a new 6GB+ version with new songs to Xbox One and whatever the size is on Steam so I don't think you will be affected on last gen consoles, they can't rewrite your disc lol. However if you have a digital version on last gen and you redownload, the new version might be there. This is why I did a back up of my copy of GTA VCS before they removed it from PSN

Igor Bogdanoff

only thing which was updated outside the radio was paul.dll and that seems to be only changed graphically and not functionally so disc version should work just fine online

Physical disc on Xbox 360 are unaffected I can confirm. On PC physical disc I assume you need to stick to Patch 8, right?

What you have Xbox 360, GTA IV disc, and Episodes DLC — the combination that gives you combined soundtracks. Do they try to patch the songs out of the DLC you've already downloaded?

If I uninstall IV on X Box one and the reinstall it offline would that work or I have to be online?

EpsilonProgram

What you have Xbox 360, GTA IV disc, and Episodes DLC — the combination that gives you combined soundtracks. Do they try to patch the songs out of the DLC you've already downloaded?

No sorry lol to clarify I got the GTA IV disc and EFLC disc for 360, the soundtrack is not combined , but it's still intact. The EFLC disc has exclusive stations like Vice City FM and like 3 more I can't remember now. I don't believe the DLC will be patched on 360 but If you need to redownload the new version might pop up and you'll lose the songs on the DLC

Edited by EpsilonProgram

If I uninstall IV on X Box one and the reinstall it offline would that work or I have to be online?

No, it needs to download the game from the Microsoft Store, you only need the disc to verify that you own the game.

Edited by Gravarty

Thinking about it this update surely has to apply to all versions of the game. Sure they can't change what's on the disc, but they can force you to install a patch if you want to play online. Otherwise you'd have a situation where people running different versions of the game (and in this case with different content) would be playing alongside each other in the same lobby. I don't see how that would work.

Edited by tdavies457

HandSoap2811

Anyone know what they replaced schweine with (thats the song that plays when you get in Romans car after the intro

Edited by mombo2811

Is this update even an official "patch" for the game? I recall reading on a previous page that the EXE version stays as 1.0.8.0. for IV and 1.1.3.0. for EFLC. If this is true, I doubt they will release anything for retail games since they are not officially changing the game version. They know that, if there's no additional gain, people will want to keep the music if they have the chance to do so.

• Like 1
Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs? Did you ever wonder...

CslLPae.png

...why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?

But I got to give R* a credit - atleast they WARNED us about song cut.

Yeah, and I am not so sure that this is T2 or R* fault, at least not only their fault.

I am betting that labels got greedy, and GTA being as enormous as it is, they decided to rake in on the licenses. And that went to hell.

Who knows, a Russian record label might say something about this, but I doubt that R* will, neither will Western license holders.

EpsilonProgram

Thinking about it this update surely has to apply to all versions of the game. Sure they can't change what's on the disc, but they can force you to install a patch if you want to play online. Otherwise you'd have a situation where people running different versions of the game (and in this case with different content) would be playing alongside each other in the same lobby. I don't see how that would work.

I don't believe soundtrack changes affect the online play regardless if you are playing and old or new version. I could be wrong though. I will keep on checking my 360 discs for the next few days to see if it pops ups. You will have to keep the console offline then.

Is this update even an official "patch" for the game? I recall reading on a previous page that the EXE version stays as 1.0.8.0. for IV and 1.1.3.0. for EFLC. If this is true, I doubt they will release anything for retail games since they are not officially changing the game version. They know that, if there's no additional gain, people will want to keep the music if they have the chance to do so.

I don't think it's an official patch, but a "different" overall digital version of the game that was uploaded. This is why Steam updated due to the way the updates are handled and Xbox One. Kind of like what they did with GTA SA/VC on PS4, it's the same PS2 game emulated but with altered sound files to remove expired licenses. Retail PC versions have no way to be updated in such manner I believe. That content is on disc. If anybody could confirm, it will be great.

Anyone know what they replaced schweine with (thats the song that plays when you get in Romans car after the intro

Edited by Gravarty
  • Like 2

Rockstar can't renew the license for the old songs because they simply don't have the rights to them. For example: on VladivostokFM there was a song by Viktor Tsoi. But how did it appear on the radio station? The game was released in 2008 and Viktor Tsoi died in the year of 1900. This means that the song was added into the game without any permission. All in all, Rockstar did the right move by deleting all the songs they didn't have the rights to.

Edited by Danzhy

TheOriginalGunslinger

Cruising around Broker now. The new songs take a little while getting used to on Vladivostok FM but it still feels the same. I don't mind it now. However, the beginning of "The Cousins Bellic" (when you drive Roman to the "so-called" mansion) it feels a little weird considering that one song that always played has been removed from the game.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Rockstar can't renew the license for the old songs because they simply don't have the rights to them. For example: on VladivostokFM there was a song by Viktor Tsoi. But how did it appear on the radio station? The game was released in 2008 and Viktor Tsoi died in the year of 1900. This means that the song was added into the game without any permission. So, Rockstar did the right move by deleting all the songs they didn't have the rights to.

The rights normally go to either the creator's family or any company he made a deal with before he died. Rockstar probably licensed the song with one of them. As for removing the songs, it might be some peculiarity with either the Russian law for copyright or Russian records companies.

Rockstar can't renew the license for the old songs because they simply don't have the rights to them. For example: on VladivostokFM there was a song by Viktor Tsoi. But how did it appear on the radio station? The game was released in 2008 and Viktor Tsoi died in the year of 1900. This means that the song was added into the game without any permission. So, Rockstar did the right move by deleting all the songs they didn't have the rights to.

Well if he died in 1900, there's no problem because copyrights were nationalized a couple years after the October Revolution and in post-Soviet Russia copyrights of authors who died or published before 1943 are expired.

Eugene H. Krabs

Cheer up, guys, at least we can listen to newer songs that are as beautiful as this gem.

Rockstar can't renew the license for the old songs because they simply don't have the rights to them. For example: on VladivostokFM there was a song by Viktor Tsoi. But how did it appear on the radio station? The game was released in 2008 and Viktor Tsoi died in the year of 1900. This means that the song was added into the game without any permission. All in all, Rockstar did the right move by deleting all the songs they didn't have the rights to.

I don't think you know how music licensing works.

Mangled Crow

Did they seriously remove 'Run to the Hills' by Iron Maiden?

F*ck sakes... one of the best added from TLaD too.

Igor Bogdanoff

Seems like i missed some files in IV. download this patch if you have already downgraded on 26/04/2018 https://mega.nz/#!B9NBTQJZ!CE3LALGnrpbrwxbYzve0KsHsXxYu_6Z44FPKcOoK1iI

i will update OP in few secs with fixed link. So dont use this if you see edited OP

I wont be updating links in this thread, so be sure to check here http://gtaforums.com/topic/908658-iveflc-radio-downgrader/

• Like 1

Xav Curbelo

"TBOGT Theme (Downtempo Mix)" by Aaron Johnston, Jesse Murphy & Avi Bortnick (Unused before)

I'm really f*cking pissed about this. That sh*t is super cool to listen to.

• Like 3

It was a pretty busy day for me, so I couldn't read what's going on here, but right now after seeing this load of bullsh*t that happened I am glad I turned off auto update on my XOne. And GTA V was the last R* game I've bought new. If I will ever want to play anything from this sh*tty company I will either pirate it or buy it used to make sure they'll never see a dime from me.

I'd call you dramatic in any other case but I completely agree.

They took a solid game and tampered with. V isn't perfect, I play it but it's got a lot of disappointments. I've always resorted to IV instead of V because it was "just right" to me. After seeing how they screw SP V over and got super greedy, lackluster, and glitchy with their Online updates and maintenance, I gave up.

It is insulting to have them go back to something old of theres that you thought was great and f*ck with it. Idgaf if it's Take Two, Rockstar, Houser, etc they're all motherf*ckers. And the game is just a license for situations like this so you can't do anything about it. f*ckin con artists.

Gaming in general has got me down so this actually doesn't affect me the way it would two years ago. Thank f*ck. But this is still disgusting.

The fact that I have to give up MP just to enjoy the game I got a "license" to play is something else. Ain't even worth it but well I know I'll wanna play IV from time to time so I made sure to turn auto-update off.

I'm so disgusted. Just ugh. This industry, community, etc I'm done.

I 101% agree... I was planning to pre-order RDR2, but I decided that I won't do that. Now I don't know if I'll buy it or not, everything depends on how are balanced the single player and the online mode and how huge is the impact that microtransactions will have on the game in general. Thanks to the current state of the industry now I'm playing some old games (GTAs too) and some story-driven PS4 exclusives that fortunately Sony continues to release.

Black-Dragon96

Can anyone please give me a full list of what has been removed and what has been added?