2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

IV Song Removal Due to Licenses expiring.

edups

What about Rick Ross - hustlin that plays whenever Kat Williams performs at the comedy club.

It's intact.

• Like 2

Quinn_flower

And what the heck is this? Wasn't before.

bfi1524766900a.jpg

Thanks for absolutely nothing Cockstar...

Seems they completely broke the text files. I did a comparison of the German text file - a ton of stuff got either added, removed, or changed.

They removed the strings for the Anisotropic Filtering options.

8jI6Lru.png

Also this weird change:

//BEFORE	0x4AA60BF6 = © 2006-2010 Rockstar Games, Inc. Rockstar Games, Rockstar North, Rockstar Toronto, das Rockstar Games r-Logo, das Rockstar North r-Logo, Grand Theft Auto, Episodes from Liberty City, The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony und die dazugehörigen Logos sind Warenzeichen und/oder eingetragene Warenzeichen von Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Dolby, Pro Logic und das Doppel-D-Symbol sind Warenzeichen von Dolby Laboratories. ATI und das ATI-Logo sind Warenzeichen von Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Verwendet Bink Video Technology. Copyright © 1997-2010 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Windows und das Windows Vista Start Button-Logo sind Warenzeichen der Microsoft-Unternehmensgruppe und 'Games for Windows' und das Windows Vista Start Button-Logo werden unter Lizenz von Microsoft verwendet. NVIDIA, das NVIDIA-Logo und andere NVIDIA-Marken sind eingetragene Warenzeichen oder Warenzeichen der NVIDIA Corporation in den Vereinigten Staaten und anderen Ländern. Alle anderen Marken und Warenzeichen sind Eigentum ihrer jeweiligen Inhaber. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.//AFTER	0x4AA60BF6 = © 2006-2008 Rockstar Games, Inc. Rockstar Games, Rockstar North, das Rockstar Games ¬ Logo, das Rockstar North ¬ Logo, das Rockstar Toronto ¬ Logo, Grand Theft Auto und das Grand Theft Auto Logo sind Warenzeichen und/oder eingetragene Warenzeichen von Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in den USA. und/oder anderen Ländern. Windows und das Windows Vista Start Button Logo sind Warenzeichen der Microsoft Firmengruppe und 'Games for Windows' und das Windows Vista Start Button Logo werden unter Lizenz von Microsoft verwendet. Alle anderen Marken und Warenzeichen sind Eigentum ihrer jeweiligen Besitzer. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.~n~~n~In Nordamerika ist das Einstufungssymbol ein Warenzeichen der Entertainment Software Association.
Is it me or have they copy pasted the console text files onto the PC version and called it a day?

Wouldn't suprised me brick if they half assed it based on what we seen lately

• Like 1

Igor Bogdanoff

bfi1524766900a.jpg

Seems they completely broke the text files. I did a comparison of the German text file - a ton of stuff got either added, removed, or changed.

8jI6Lru.png

Also this weird change:

//BEFORE	0x4AA60BF6 = © 2006-2010 Rockstar Games, Inc. Rockstar Games, Rockstar North, Rockstar Toronto, das Rockstar Games r-Logo, das Rockstar North r-Logo, Grand Theft Auto, Episodes from Liberty City, The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony und die dazugehörigen Logos sind Warenzeichen und/oder eingetragene Warenzeichen von Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Dolby, Pro Logic und das Doppel-D-Symbol sind Warenzeichen von Dolby Laboratories. ATI und das ATI-Logo sind Warenzeichen von Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Verwendet Bink Video Technology. Copyright © 1997-2010 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Windows und das Windows Vista Start Button-Logo sind Warenzeichen der Microsoft-Unternehmensgruppe und 'Games for Windows' und das Windows Vista Start Button-Logo werden unter Lizenz von Microsoft verwendet. NVIDIA, das NVIDIA-Logo und andere NVIDIA-Marken sind eingetragene Warenzeichen oder Warenzeichen der NVIDIA Corporation in den Vereinigten Staaten und anderen Ländern. Alle anderen Marken und Warenzeichen sind Eigentum ihrer jeweiligen Inhaber. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.//AFTER	0x4AA60BF6 = © 2006-2008 Rockstar Games, Inc. Rockstar Games, Rockstar North, das Rockstar Games ¬ Logo, das Rockstar North ¬ Logo, das Rockstar Toronto ¬ Logo, Grand Theft Auto und das Grand Theft Auto Logo sind Warenzeichen und/oder eingetragene Warenzeichen von Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in den USA. und/oder anderen Ländern. Windows und das Windows Vista Start Button Logo sind Warenzeichen der Microsoft Firmengruppe und 'Games for Windows' und das Windows Vista Start Button Logo werden unter Lizenz von Microsoft verwendet. Alle anderen Marken und Warenzeichen sind Eigentum ihrer jeweiligen Besitzer. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.~n~~n~In Nordamerika ist das Einstufungssymbol ein Warenzeichen der Entertainment Software Association.
Is it me or have they copy pasted the console text files onto the PC version and called it a day?

can confirm it's broken on all languages (except english)

Edited by George Costanza
  • Like 5

rollschuh2282

bfi1524766900a.jpg

8jI6Lru.png

Also this weird change:

i think they took the Text files from a old build.

bc asn´t shadow density renamed to night shadows in 1.0.6.0?

now it´s shadow density again :/

R* hates us germans.

first they make the saves in SA on the german steam version with a update UNUSABLE, and now the text files for german are broken!

i can´t believe it

WildBrick142

Yep, most if not all mentions of GTA EFLC have been changed to GTA IV. Tons of controller specific strings were added - some strings were changed to add controller specific stuff. Some PC specific strings were removed.

Best update of 2018 yet hdtHoM2.png

Edited by WildBrick142
  • Like 5

That's Rockstar's quality control there, remove a sh*tton of songs, added nothing in return and to top it all off they managed to break the translations.

Won't surprise me if this update was done in a few minutes by some underpaid new employee.

• Like 4

Igor Bogdanoff

Yep, most if not all mentions of GTA EFLC have been changed to GTA IV. Tons of controller specific strings were added - some strings were changed to add controller specific stuff. Some PC specific strings were removed.

there was an idea they might have also used gxt from older patch, which didnt have anisotropic option

here is gxt from 1.0 IV, try comparing that https://mega.nz/#!k5EHWAAK!5WbZvFhpKH44ih3gDiWoWY62aNEOcHfcZ_2apeZzcXc

• Like 1

WildBrick142

there was an idea they might have also used gxt from older patch, which didnt have anisotropic option

here is gxt from 1.0 IV, try comparing that https://mega.nz/#!k5EHWAAK!5WbZvFhpKH44ih3gDiWoWY62aNEOcHfcZ_2apeZzcXc

There is still a lot of differences between the two.

Igor Bogdanoff

dunno then. all i can say, they f*cked up. Yet they needed so many beta updates on steam

• Like 2

Marcello Julio

I do not doubt Rockstar wants to remove some of the songs from Midnight Club Los Angeles, since October 20 marks the 10th anniversary of the game. Pathetic!!!

• Like 3

rollschuh2282

dunno then. all i can say, they f*cked up. Yet they needed so many beta updates on steam

and that with the translations errors isn´t even something hard to find!

they just had to change the language in the pause menu, or maybe hmm i don´t know, maybe hire a few TESTERS FROM OTHER COUNTRYS!

Edited by rollschuh2282
  • Like 2

and that with the translations errors isn´t even something hard to find!

they just had to change the language in the pause menu, or maybe hmm i don´t know, maybe hire a few TESTERS FROM OTHER COUNTRYS!

But that would require a smidge of effort, Rockstar wouldn't do that!

Haha, that's f*cking hilarious. I didn't even noticed it since i always play all games in english... but that's true R* laziness right here. I don't know if i should cry or laugh on how they managed to destroy a 10 year old game which was broken since day 1 and managed to get fairly stable with patch 4.

Edited by Gravarty
  • Like 4

AlexanderPierce

Imagine what they're gonna do to GTA V in 5 years...

Release a remastred GTA Online: GTA V edition with all the music, they're going to license the music again since they're gonna milk GTA Online once again.

• Like 2

20180426_123606.jpg

obama-laughing-333x275.jpg

GTA IV CD, Definitive Edition!

Also. All russian profanity from Aleksey Bolshoy - YA Nenavizhu Karaoke has been *beeped*!

What is this, GTA III?! They took out the profanity in Game Radio songs, despite the game having an M rating.

GTA III was always censored tho, same with GTA 1 & 2. it was them trying to make things more like a real radio station (which does censor stuff), Vice City was when everything was uncensored.
  • Like 1

Replace all non Blonded stations with more Blonded 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc...

• Like 6

Really like the new songs on VladivostokFM. Better, than the old ones

Edited by Danzhy
  • Like 1

Lelouch The Zero

Can someone make a playlist of all the new songs added? I want to hear the new songs, but I don't want to mess my game up with the update...

Greek Salad

Replace all non Blonded stations with more Blonded 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc...

Or Bull Shark Radio, GTA Online FM, Resupply FM etc....

• Like 3

It was a pretty busy day for me, so I couldn't read what's going on here, but right now after seeing this load of bullsh*t that happened I am glad I turned off auto update on my XOne. And GTA V was the last R* game I've bought new. If I will ever want to play anything from this sh*tty company I will either pirate it or buy it used to make sure they'll never see a dime from me.

• Like 5

Can someone make a playlist of all the new songs added? I want to hear the new songs, but I don't want to mess my game up with the update...

I just created a spotify playlist containing all new songs: https://open.spotify.com/user/gravarty/playlist/1R61b7OIRNzTqHXWSJTHPc?si=KguryXjBS-qN3XT8ZDOJiA

• Like 1

JoeFury1997

LRR has lost some great songs.

At least Genesis - "Mama" isn't gone on Liberty Rock Radio.

"No I won't hurt you mama, but it's getting so hard ooooo"

Still nothing on PS3 (disc version) :)

Although there's still time for them to apply the update I suppose. Can anyone confirm (or deny) that the hardcopy versions are immune to this soundtrack butchery? I don't want a nasty surprise when I boot the game up tomorrow.

Edited by tdavies457

It was a pretty busy day for me, so I couldn't read what's going on here, but right now after seeing this load of bullsh*t that happened I am glad I turned off auto update on my XOne. And GTA V was the last R* game I've bought new. If I will ever want to play anything from this sh*tty company I will either pirate it or buy it used to make sure they'll never see a dime from me.

I'll probably never buy a R* game brand new again either. eBay or bargain bin only from now on. They deserve the hit.

• Like 2

Although there's still time for them to apply the update I suppose. Can anyone confirm (or deny) that the hardcopy versions are immune to this soundtrack butchery? I don't want a nasty surprise when I boot the game up tomorrow.

As long you don't update the game, you'll always have the original songs. It can't magicially erase and replace files on your disk.. even though i can imagine that this would be fantastic idea for developers in the future

• Like 1

As long you don't update the game, you'll always have the original songs. It can't magicially erase and replace files on your disk.. even though i can imagine that this would be fantastic idea for developers in the future

That's true, single player will always be intact. But I meant more for playing online, which I still like to do. Community is somewhat diminished now but there's still people playing.

Im assuming the physical versions are unaffected by this?

Edited by cj67890
  • Like 1

Im assuming the physical versions are unaffected by this?

If you don't install the patch, yes! If you install the patch, you'll lose the songs, in which case you'll have to uninstall the game and re-install (reject the patch).
  • Like 2