2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

IV Song Removal Due to Licenses expiring.

edups

TomilovSenya

And what is the Rockstar's fault? Many songs didn't get removed which means they are licensed forever or >10 years. Blame the rightholders.

Rockstar failed to mention this, or basically GTA IV today in their newswire, but didn't fail to mention the SMUGGLER'S WEEK IN GTA ONLINE. f*ck rockstar!

What should they mention? «GTAIV Gets Some Songs Removed»? There are a few articles on the Support website already.

Edited by TomilovSenya
  • Like 1

Gnocchi Flip Flops

If you play GTA IV and EFLC on Xbox 360 or PS3 just do not update the game and stay in the old version (who plays online will be required to update). Who plays on the Xbox One for backwards compatibility with Xbox 360, there is no escape, since basically the disc when inserted is downloaded from the game and the disc is just a pass to play the game.

You can just play offline on Xbox One lol even if you have the disc.

How do I know? Because I did.

Edited by Scaglietti

MeatSafeMurderer

If you play GTA IV and EFLC on Xbox 360 or PS3 just do not update the game and stay in the old version (who plays online will be required to update). Who plays on the Xbox One for backwards compatibility with Xbox 360, there is no escape, since basically the disc when inserted is downloaded from the game and the disc is just a pass to play the game.

Just hope you don't ever need to reinstall it...because if you do...

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Just hope you don't ever need to reinstall it...because if you do...

If I do I'm sticking to my xbox 360 or getting them for pc and downloading the files from that one guy on reddit.

DingoPachinko

download.jpg

I was hoping for a patch that would fix at least one thing....

WELSH_BOI_99

K109 - TBOGT

"Still In Love" by Rose Royce

L.C.H.C. - TLAD

"Call from the Grave" by Bathory

Liberty Rock Radio - TLAD

"Touch Too Much" by AC/DC

"Five To One" by The Doors

"Jane" by Jefferson Starship

"Run To The Hills" by Iron Maiden

Vladivostok FM - TBOGT

"Salvation" by Sucker DJs

"Music" by Jonathan Peters feat. Maya Azucena

"When Love Takes Over" by David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland

ADDITIONAL REMOVED

Bahama Mammas Club Mix (Mainly contained an extened mix of "Music")

REMOVED FROM VIDEO EDITOR The above songs plus...

"A City Under Siege" by Boy 8-Bit

"Boxer" by Crookers (feat. Nic Sarno)

"Stickin" by SonicC

"The Best Thing" by Hook N Sling

"You Never Know" by Marly

"TBOGT Theme (Downtempo Mix)" by Aaron Johnston, Jesse Murphy & Avi Bortnick (Unused before)

Ouch some good tracks there jeez.

download.jpg

Me too... I was really hoping to have at least a decent patch that could fix something for this anniversary. The .exe file is even the same!!! I have to keep GTA IV on medium settings with a GTX 970 tu run it at a decent framerate, GTA V runs way way better on my PC.

MeatSafeMurderer

-snip-

The good news is that because they opted to fix absolutely nothing there's nothing stopping people on PC with franken'd installs (well...really just prepatch with the new paul.dll) from playing online.
  • Like 1

Anyone know where I can find this junk?Of course,I'll downgrade soon after I've tested it.Reason why is that there is no update available through GFWL,and R* haven't put up a link.

L.C.H.C. - TLAD

"Call from the Grave" by Bathory

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DhF4CUK7S5mrQmZkTLK8DA.png

Funny, for SA they tried making the song removal "update" worthwhile by trying to add some fixes. This is literally a patch that just removes content from the games. Lol good job Rockstar. Happy 10th Anniversary GTA IV.

Edited by cp1dell
  • Like 7

Yes but if you try to update another game it will download the minute you go online. That is what I tried to do and it just started updating without warning, If I mess around with my TV the 360 version looks almost as good so it I guess I am playing that from now on.

Hmmm nice bike

So what plays when Roman drives up to you at the beginning now?

• Like 3

Sheesh, man. I was kinda feeling like Id not be too fussed with these removals, but after seeing whats gone theres too many losses for me to update my game.

Its a damn shame that the songs I like had to go, but ah well. I rarely ever use my 360 online so I wont be effected.

Anyone know if playing the downloadable versions of TLaD/TBoGT on an IV disk can go under the radar? Or I will I need to buy a physical copy of EFLC?

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Yes but if you try to update another game it will download the minute you go online. That is what I tried to do and it just started updating without warning, If I mess around with my TV the 360 version looks almost as good so it I guess I am playing that from now on.Did you turn auto update off?

Yes but if you try to update another game it will download the minute you go online. That is what I tried to do and it just started updating without warning, If I mess around with my TV the 360 version looks almost as good so it I guess I am playing that from now on.
Did you turn auto update off?

I didn't. Oh well.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I didn't. Oh well.Oof I'm sorry man. That would've helped. :/ Edited by Scaglietti

Marcello Julio

I speak this for whoever is to play from now the GTA IV or EFLC on Xbox One for backward compatibility with this change and download the game, will have to unfortunately play that way.

WELSH_BOI_99

Ah f*ck they removed that track? Jeez.......

• Like 1

I didn't. Oh well.Oof I'm sorry man. That would've helped. :/

Is there any way to reverse this?

MeatSafeMurderer

The only remaining original track on Vladivostok. Seryoga - Liberty City: The Invasion.
  • Like 3

Hmmm nice bike

Yes. In IV, everything on Vladivostok FM except for "Liberty City: The Invasion" by Seryoga was removed and replaced with other Russian songs.
  • Like 1

AlexanderPierce

Here is a list of music added(+), removed(-), and also a couple renamed. Based purely on the american.txt files.

GTA IV:

-	0xE9C319C0 = ZiT! Spotted SERYOGA: King Ring

So I just noticed this. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I f*cking hate rockstar with passion now! Rockstar is officially worse than EA!

• Like 3

JimFitzgeraldBiker

Guys please tell me, do the download versions of TLAD and TBOGT get their songs removed if i update GTA 4?

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'm not sure. I just made sure I had it off last night and then went ahead and went offline and on top of that disconnected my wifi connection. I heard on Xbox 360 patches could be removed but not sure about One.

WELSH_BOI_99

Yes. In IV, everything on Vladivostok FM except for "Liberty City: The Invasion" by Seryoga was removed and replaced with other Russian songs.

That sucks. Those tracks really did set the atmosphere in IV. I'm unsure if the atmosphere will be the same without those tracks.

JimFitzgeraldBiker

I'm not sure. I just made sure I had it off last night and then went ahead and went offline and on top of that disconnected my wifi connection. I heard on Xbox 360 patches could be removed but not sure about One.You cannot delete patches on Xbox One, i know this because last time my cousing was trying to delete that GTA Online patch he accidently downloaded because it wasted more space from his console and it wont let him install Resident Evil 7.

MeatSafeMurderer

New Minor features has been added which is a pro- for this update.

FPS boost and graphical optimization according to some new options on the graphics menu like the Texturefilter Quality which has 5 options.

But whats bad on this option is, that textures far away are a bit clunky. Also saw issues on some car textures.

The game became a bit smoother at rainy or foggy weather.

I assume you're talking about PC? Absolutely none of that is this update. The executable is identical and they didn't touch anything but paul.dll, the GXTs and audio related stuff.