1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
CoolMods

So, i just followed Sweet's Greenwood in Drive-Thru after reaching East Los Santos.

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

After he said that he is going to another hood, i followed him. And he was just driving agressivley, normaly, until, then he stopped near the mullholland safehouse, then he started riding and i think he goed off the cliff where that bridge is and he dissapeared! (i guess it's a distance bug) Well it's pretty interesting.

Edited by CoolMods

Male01
Posted (edited)

Dude, that's just the smallest of the many strange things about Sweet. I once tried saving the SWAT Tank from the last mission (unaware of save editors for the mobile version (but if you find one that isn't JCheater or from X3T-Infinity, please give me the link)). Isn't it just creepy to drive with Sweet, be shot at by multiple CJ clones, and arrive at the crack palace, only to find a clone of Sweet and his Greenwood partially blocking your checkpoint marker?

Edited by Male01

Male01

Guys, I believe these things happen in several missions. Some of these things require mods in order to be seen. Sweet can almost permanently leave you stuck in the suffocation animation. Ryder can be cloned. Sweet can float in Grove Street inside his Greenwood. Through Sweet, the last mission's fire truck chase can be broken to a point where it can never be completed. The list just keeps going on.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Yep...some strange things with Sweet and a few others.

The best is getting Bear to get out of the Infernus after B-Down on B-Dup and run around with you. The first time was an accident, yes, the first time when I figured out that you could back out and get the AP-Infernus let Bear step out of the car and speak and then walk off. You can use a cheat to get him to run around with you.

interesting.......

Helegad

A real answer to OP's question that doesn't involve masturbating furiously over special vehicles is that the game script sets Sweet to basically "ped mode" instead of scripting a path away for him to follow. There is no point to following him at that point, you might as well follow a regular traffic vehicle. His sudden disappearance is also scripted in that the engine tries to get rid of ped Sweet as quick as possible, mainly to clear out models that have no further purpose on that mission and to reduce the chance of something silly happening like his car being stuck, or even destroyed, in traffic, which would break the player's immersion a bit. We all know how SA peds drive.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
Posted (edited)

*^ I didn't see any questions, just statements, shared experience in game if you like.

What's up with the reductive connotations? Many of us know about coding yet none of our statements toward the OP were dismissive of the statements or intentions of this thread.

The whole vulgar angle is not proper for this thread, either. I see no mention of intention for a special vehicle, if so then that's another thread issue anyway, so what's your angle?

I'm just curious about the presentation of your post.

We don't need the vulgar disparities to see a point you'd like to make about any issue. The game has been here long enough to check these things out and advocate scene and stage breakdown without dispelling any story screen board immersion, cognitive dissonance isn't an issue for this particular thread.

If you are into playing the game for another round and saving fly rides, so be it. If you are interested in glitches or some other interaction that steps off the beaten path, then go for it.

Respect.......for everyone here........think about it, please, for your sake as well as others.

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

i'm gonna try again to see what happens.

Edited by CoolMods

lkz

the reason is because after that small cutscene, the game just tries to get the Sweet ped as far as it can from the player so he can be despawned, he says he's going to "do" another hood, but the game can't do that because of it's limited memory. So the best solution is make sweet a normal ped and give it that reckless driving script, so it ignores traffic and gets away from the player's view faster

also, if you pay attention, he's driving from the passenger seat

Male01

SpriteFan274- I couldn't have said it any better.

Helegad- CoolMods was speaking about his observations of what happens with Sweet in certain missions. I was not "furiously masturbating over special vehicles". I was only sharing my similar experience, encountered when trying to acquire the SWAT Tank (which just happens to be that special vehicle).

Everybody- Let's just carry on. I prefer if you act like everything but the first four posts were never made. We don't need to bump threads with any further illegitimate discussions originating from small details in posts.