Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,242 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Rafae

GTAV most profitable entertainment product ever.

Voodoo-Hendrix
Posted (edited)

I was thinking about the subject and I'm pretty torned about it:

On one hand, it's pretty cool than GTA V has sold even more than freakin' Star Wars. I guess that's it.

On the other hand, R* has made a lot of mistakes while updating GTA Online (and I'm gonna be sincere, most of these mistakes seem more like deliberate) and I'm afraid that R* is going to repeat the same mistakes with other games, RDR2 included, even more with Zeldick's statement that they're going to introduce "recurrent consumer spending opportunities" in every game from now on.

I'm pretty excited from RDR2's Story Mode, I have no doubt that R* will still deliver a great single player game unless they cram microtransactions or loot boxes on it, which I doubt.

RDR2 Online? I'm not so sure.

EDIT: I was writing this on my phone when I got a WhatApp message and I sent this post incomplete by mistake lol

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

FlacidJack

Reminds me of when they hit the half billion mark in profits and players started to expect big updates. Now that media stating 5+ billion was made I hope we start seeing more of the stuff we've been begging / wishing for.

I won't get specific since we all know what's wanted and what's needed to keep the game from stagnating.

Rafae

Reminds me of when they hit the half billion mark in profits and players started to expect big updates. Now that media stating 5+ billion was made I hope we start seeing more of the stuff we've been begging / wishing for.

I won't get specific since we all know what's wanted and what's needed to keep the game from stagnating.

That half a billion was shark card profits only and I'm not sure it's even reached a full billion yet.

The 6 billion is the money made from total copies of the entire game sold. Lol at you thinking they could go from 500m in profits to 6b in just a few months.

LeFox
Posted (edited)

Apperently when GTA offers probably over 100$ worth of free DLC, people rather be pissy with it.

Nice credible pricetags you gave to these DLCs, I'm sure you haven't fabricated it at all.

Of course, it's natural for people to get "pissy" if the game they paid for twice or thrice keeps getting worse and worse. Are we now not entitled to not liking the poor services we got just because it hurts the feelings of bootlicking fanboys like you?

Not sure to any of y'all, i rather get free DLC that requires a little hard work that you can still get, for free, mind you probably a lot slower, and have microtransactions you aren't even required to play the game.

Oh boy, here we go again with the mundane "muh free" and "muh hard work" bull.

The DLCs are free to download, not entirely free. If they indeed were free like Fortnite and Team Fortress 2, you'd be able to play them without having to purchase the game in the first place. As for the 'little' hard work you're preaching about, you have to be seriously delusional to consider grindy gameplay that has to be treated as a full-time job as a 'little' hard work. If you have to put in so much time just for a few items, then it's not f*cking free.

You did hear the phrase "Time is Money" at least once in your life, right?

But NooOoOoOoOO, lets just keep on bitching because that tickles our weenies and makes us feel better because we'd rather have it NooOOOw.

Your mention of other people stating things you disagree with as them 'tickling their weenies' just shows how big of a manchild you are. Kindly take your head out of your ass, thank you.

For your answer hamwithcheese, if this is the new standard of gaming, then I'm all in.

Edit: to op, it is well deserved. Good job on R* for creating a masterpiece they have.

The fanboy is spotted in his natural habitat, licking the boot it is currently being stomped with as if it was its only source of nourishment. Quite a sad creature.

In all seriousness, it's not well-deserved at all. The game is riddled with mistakes, the Singleplayer has been gutted and abandoned for the glory of Online to the point of recycling its own cancelled DLC for Online, and the sh*tty corporate practicies it has been injected with proves that it is in no way a masterpiece. If you're genuinely enthusiastic about other developers copying Rockstar's tactics, that they in turn stole from F2P mobile games nonetheless, then I feel genuine pity for you.

Nice to finally see a reply. While I do enjoy the game, nowhere I said it doesn't have it's flaws. I understand your lack of negligance to even use a simple pricing comparison to other games DLCs, but that's alright, I don't blame you.

As for paying it twice, or thrice, that is totally up to the consumer. If you were their, since day 1, when the first trailer released in like what, November of 2011? You would have saw the hype. And what was it.. May/June 2013? before the game even released when next generation consoles was announced, and released within months of next gen consoles, what possibly made everyone think it was going to be exclusive for past gen consoles? And had they noticed in past games, when GTA was released in PC several months after consoles, people should have figured it was comin to PC, seeing all that hype.

So in all technicality, just because you decide to buy the game on both consoles or both and PC,should not give you the entitlement to think that R* should cater to someone because that someone decided to spend 120+ to buy the game, when they had the choice.

They already showed their marketing tactics before the next gen releases, so all in all if you didn't like the way it was going, should have just kept updated and not buy the game until you felt like it was worth it.

And I'm sorry you apparently don't have the same free time as the next guy. Maybe you should take advantage of the double money and rp events they have been holding for past few weeks.

As for your devaluement, in discrimination I have no reply to that. I'll just let it speak for itself on your immaturity in lack of respect to other peoples opnion for the fact you seem to think yours is any superior to the next guy, as for your blindness to see that I have not called anyone disrespectful, just for a call for people whok continue to play the game and or keep updated on it and still complain when something isn't their way.

As for hoping other developers continue, then look no further than Ubisoft. https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/ubisoft-is-making-ghost-recon-wildlands-more-like-rainbow-six-siege/

I'll save you the time as well, seeing as I have made a rebuttal to your blatant attack, I have no further interest in you. Any replies you make, will never be seen by me. So if you do make a reply, then go ahead and waste your time.

Edit: added spoiler bars so that if people don't care then they dont have to deal with a wall of text.

Edited by LeFox

Le biatch

I've said it once and I'll say it again..

THIS GAME IS A REMASTER

So hats off to R* and this beautiful whore of a game.

I understand that there are problems galore with every other dlc they put out. But like a sinking battleship that's getting patched during the sea venture, you better believe that this game will not go down in flames very easily.

So to those still enjoying the sweet nectar that it's slowly oozing out, get ready for some badass sh*t in the coming months before RDR2.

Big Molio
Posted (edited)

I dont think that idiom really applies to playing a videogame (or any other leisure pursuit) unless playing the videogame is your actual job.

Edited by Big Molio

DangerZ0neX
Posted (edited)

While I do enjoy the game, nowhere I said it doesn't have it's flaws

Calling it a masterpiece while evangelically defending the company that developed says otherwise.

I understand your lack of negligance to even use a simple pricing comparison to other games DLCs, but that's alright, I don't blame you.

Fabricating prices for DLCs isn't a "comparison". Funny of you to accuse me of negligence when you don't even know what it means.

As for paying it twice, or thrice, that is totally up to the consumer.

Yeah, no, it's not up for the consumer if Rockstar abandons last gen while being ambigous about releasing it on PS4/Xbone and PC just a year beforehand.

I swear, you'd break your arm just to grasp at the most far-fetched straw.

If you were their, since day 1, (...) seeing all that hype.

I don't see any argument here, just some guy ranting to blame the consumers for not understanding a company that is very secretive about every single thing it does.

So in all technicality, just because you decide to buy the game on both consoles or both and PC,should not give you the entitlement to think that R* should cater to someone because that someone decided to spend 120+ to buy the game, when they had the choice.

Uh, yeah, it goddamn does entitle them to speak about the quality of the product they bought. How many times do I have to iron such a simple tidbit of common sense for you to understand it? If you buy something that later shows to be defective, are you gonna blame yourself for buying from that business instead of demanding a refund or a better service? The mental gymnastics of these fanboys, man.

They already showed their marketing tactics before the next gen releases, so all in all if you didn't like the way it was going, should have just kept updated and not buy the game until you felt like it was worth it.

No, they have not. They were denying or straight up not answering about any possibility of GTA V coming to next gen and PC because they know they can get more sales if they trick people into assuming it's old-gen exclusive, only for Rockstar to pull the rug from under their feet and reveal their plans of abandoning old-gen and keeping all updates exclusive to PS4/Xbone and PC.

And guess what's the first real DLC they bring out on next gen? Lowriders. The most requested thing people have wanted in GTA V way before it got released because of their love for San Andreas, and Rockstar knew people would flock to next gen or PC just to get these lows, and that's a seriously low yet expectidly corporate move of them.

And I'm sorry you apparently don't have the same free time as the next guy. Maybe you should take advantage of the double money and rp events they have been holding for past few weeks.

"Apparently"? Not everyone has the same freetime as anyone addicted to this game, the way you say 'apparently' loudly states you genuinely believe this is just a minor case when, in fact, it's a major case.

And double cash and RP events of trashy adversary modes that will die once the double money event is over? Bunkers that require an arm and a leg just to have it become productive, only for it to be remotely profitable for just a week? They'll still have to grind an insane amount of time to break even and actually afford anything. If it was Heists or Contact missions where they are easily accessible, sure, but not goddamn bunkers.

As for your devaluement, in discrimination I have no reply to that. I'll just let it speak for itself on your immaturity in lack of respect to other peoples opnion for the fact you seem to think yours is any superior to the next guy, as for your blindness to see that I have not called anyone disrespectful, just for a call for people whok continue to play the game and or keep updated on it and still complain when something isn't their way.

Hahahahaha. The guy demanding anyone who doesn't worship Rockstar he does to basically stop saying what he doesn't like, calling ME the devaluing immature person here.

Bud, you straight up said that anyone who criticizes Eockstar is a jerkoff. You outright attempted to discredit any paying customer by calling them bitches. You obnoxiously preached about how Rockstar does literally nothing wrong and that all consumers who don't like their business practices are at fault just for disliking it. That right there makes you the disrespectful, blind, immature person who complains about people not thinking like you do.

Cognitive dissonance sure is rampant amongst these bootlickers, huh?

As for hoping other developers continue, then look no further than Ubisoft. https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/ubisoft-is-making-ghost-recon-wildlands-more-like-rainbow-six-siege/

Yeah, they are just as scummy as Rockstar. Your point?

I'll save you the time as well, seeing as I have made a rebuttal to your blatant attack, I have no further interest in you. Any replies you make, will never be seen by me. So if you do make a reply, then go ahead and waste your time.

Ah, sneaking out the thread already, but I like how you act shallowly smug here about how you totally know how to debate but you don't have energy, or time, or any other excuse. Perfect cowardly escape tactic, if I do say so myself.

I made this post so other people read it and see it. I haven't made it just for you. As usual, the only thing bootlickers think about other than their diety company is themselves. Goodbye.

Edited by DangerZ0neX

DangerZ0neX

I dont think that idiom really applies to playing a videogame (or any other leisure pursuit) unless playing the videogame is your actual job.

That idiom doesn't apply to actual games you can recreate in, like the older GTAs or something.

With the way this game is structured, it wants you to play it as if it was an actual job. The grind system literally seeps your precious time just to gain virtual monetary fund and repeating the same mundane missions over and over again instead of having fun, so obviously, it applies.

Big Molio
Posted (edited)

That idiom doesn't apply to actual games you can recreate in, like the older GTAs or something.

With the way this game is structured, it wants you to play it as if it was an actual job. The grind system literally seeps your precious time just to gain virtual monetary fund and repeating the same mundane missions over and over again instead of having fun, so obviously, it applies.

Well I agree that it is a mundane grind of course, and I dont dispute that at all. But it is still really a leisure activity, so whether you sink one hour or one thousand hours into GTAO, simply playing the game doesnt cause you to lose real money which you might otherwise be earning elsewhere, which is where that saying comes from. As I have always understood it anyway. Edited by Big Molio

DangerZ0neX

Well I agree that it is a mundane grind of course, and I don’t dispute that at all. But it is still really a leisure activity, so whether you sink one hour or one thousand hours into GTAO, simply playing the game doesn’t cause you to lose real money which you might otherwise be earning elsewhere, which is where that saying comes from.

Did you not yourself admit this game is frustrating earlier? A game that's dedicated towards leisure would actually let you be comfortable with the gameplay, not make you upset about the intentional mishaps Rockstar injected into the game like Public-only and the saturation of memevehicles.

And with the grind, it feels like a chore because it is designed to be a chore, and you're not supposed to be doing frustrating chores when all you wanna do is relax. The saying still applies here since you are working in-game to afford buying something in-game.

D9fred95

Most profitable product ever, yet R* won't use any of that money to renew the licenses of GTA IV's soundtrack...

Big Molio
Posted (edited)

Did you not yourself admit this game is frustrating earlier? A game that's dedicated towards leisure would actually let you be comfortable with the gameplay, not make you upset about the intentional mishaps Rockstar injected into the game like Public-only and the saturation of memevehicles.

And with the grind, it feels like a chore because it is designed to be a chore, and you're not supposed to be doing frustrating chores when all you wanna do is relax. The saying still applies here since you are working in-game to afford buying something in-game.

It is frustrating. And grinding is boring. I guess that’s why I spent so much time just mooching about and annoying everybody else. I kind of like the photography (even though I’m a relative novice compared with some of the guys here) and video making now, plus playing with the creator and racing.

I don’t particularly want to argue with you over the saying, but it is one I have always associated with actually working, rather than playing a videogame, no matter how chorelike and worklike aspects of it appear.

My son likes Lego models, and I swear, making some of those with him can be chorelike, especially when you have to make large models with lots of repetitive bits. I sometimes end up with a bad back and bad eyes ha ha, but I couldn’t tell him "Time is money" because it isn’t actually my “working time” that is being taken up by making them.

Edited by Big Molio

SAS_Intruder

Today, those numbers mean nothing. We live in the age when barely anyone has taste in movies, music or even video games.

Fast and Furious is probably better selling than Bullitt, Taylor Swift sells more albums today than Johnny Cash would have and same applies to video games.

Congrats to Rockstar, but GTA V was IMO, poor single play game when compared to previous titles and GTA Online is great at giving troubled youngsters playground where they can be sick and perverted as much as they want without real responsibility for their actions. But other than that, it is a broken game. Even more today than in 2013.

Physics and mechanics are joke, fighting as well as shooting and driving. World is pretty much shallow and empty, lack of interiors and things to do is obvious. As I said earlier, this game is good at giving everyone chance to be a psychopath and that is pretty much it. If next game is to be this shallow and catered to 13 year old kids, I am gonna pass.

Again, congrats to Rockstar but I think their success only has to do with society we live in than with actual quality of the product.

ScrappyBauer

I think its a little naive not move on from an unwinnable situation like you do DangerZ0neX. I mean personally I've had like the longest grudge with EA since i think... maybe 10 years, i haven't bought a game from them since that long and that is because morally i cannot support a company like that (they've killed a lot of my favorite studios) so i did what i think was the best thing for me, i never bothered with them anymore. My personal grudge with EA ends with them crashing and burning, not that something like that is going to happen any time soon since they are doing fine without me, but still. f*ck them.

The point i'm trying to make is that you can stay with a situation you don't like or agree and keep the debate healthy for some time, but if they aren't doing that magical 180° turn anytime soon you're just gonna hate yourself for sticking around. Personally i think Rockstar and T2 sins are not that bad compared to something like EA, so i guess i can live with them. They still haven't crossed that threshold for me.

Cheesy_wotsit

So there you go folks, most profitable piece of 'entertainment' in history raking in 6billion and that is apparently before you take in to account Shark Card sales.

If you are a fan of GTA or where a fan of GTA or even on the fence about it let that rattle around in your mind for a few minutes before asking what has Rcokstar done with that cash, in fact has Rcokstar done ANYTHING that could be called for the benefit of the player, by that I mean given or done a single thing that has benefited players with no ulterior motive (i.e with the intention of not selling sell Shark Cards). Now add to this equation the frankly stupideous amount of bugs and the quality of their servers, a quality that has gone almost unchanged since day one and it is easy to see why the game gets so much hate, especially from former long term fans of the series like myself.

No I am not glad about this, because it confirms a few things that will only benefit Rcokstar and T2

1). That they can get away with releasing the bare bones sh*ttiest buggiest over priced DLC that's gone through monkey levels of QC

2). That they can keep the prices of their products stupidly high and people will STILL keep paying

3). That they can skip long term bug fixing and QC in favour of releasing the next meme mobile (I can name at least three bugs that have been in the game longer than a year, two of them have been in the game since launch)

4). That they have a core player base that is not only stupid enough to keep lapping it up but will go to bat for them against any nay sayers

CaliMeatWagon
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't care of them bragging about making all that money if they actually made a game that worked. Put $500 million into the damn servers so people can play.

All that money yet R* is seemingly unable to invest in dedicated servers, a proper functional anticheat or a decent customer support.

It really makes you think

Agreed on the anticheat and customer support. Dedicated servers will never happen because their P2P mesh design is integral to the game code. They're not going to tear out the guts and start over for something that basically works most of the time (though it's frustratingly sh*tty a not-insignificant amount of time, too). It's not just a patch-it-in thing. Very few multiplayer games overhaul their entire model in midstream like that, and it would a nightmare for a game as complicated and populated as GTA Online.

Cross your fingers for GTA VI / GTA Online 2.

^^

GTA:O is Peer to Peer game that uses cloud servers to save our progression. IF they actually had servers (like World of Tanks for instance) then we wouldn't be able to use all the tricks that we do to create solo public lobbies.

They mostly give Bibles away for free

Which can be used as kindling.

Or rollin' doobies in a van down by the river....

Edited by CaliMeatWagon

nido997
Posted (edited)

I´m actually surprised that GTA 5 surpassed ALL these famous movies !!!?? ALL OF THEM ? waw , that ´s HUGE !

but what also surprises me the most , is that only 2 % of all GTA5 copies are PC sopies ???!!! ONLY 2 % ??!! WTF , I always thought PC is even the biggest plattform since there are way more ppl having PC than consoles ... only 2 % ???

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-violent-videogame-has-made-more-money-than-any-movie-ever-2018-04-06

I´m afraid GTA 6 will not be available on PC , I´m not bying any consoles for that in the future !

Edited by nido997

Rafae

Not everyone prefers playing on PC or even has one good enough to run GTAV with decent settings.

nido997
Posted (edited)

Not everyone prefers playing on PC or even has one good enough to run GTAV with decent settings.

but ppl can play GTA on low settings or 720p though ... still , ONLY 2 % ? so ONLY 1,8 million GTA players on PC in the whole world ? that´s really a low number , didn´t expect that at all !

Edited by nido997

Rafae

Like I said, most people PREFER playing on consoles even if they have decent enough setups to run GTAV on PC. It's a more enjoyable experience too without the rampant modders everywhere.

nido997

Like I said, most people PREFER playing on consoles even if they have decent enough setups to run GTAV on PC. It's a more enjoyable experience too without the rampant modders everywhere.

well I guess It´s a bad news for me , like I said R* would probably just skip a PC version for the next GTA ... and no I won´t buy any consoles in the future , I just upgraded my PC lately :(

PC >>>>>> consoles

Rafae

Pretty sure they'll make a PC version of GTA VI too regardless of the % of people that play on it. Almost every single GTA in the past has been released on PC.

nido997
Posted (edited)

Pretty sure they'll make a PC version of GTA VI too regardless of the % of people that play on it. Almost every single GTA in the past has been released on PC.

yeah but then I´ll have to wait 1 or 2 years after the initial console versions drop ... :S

maybe they´ll make the PC lobbies more enjoyable (less hacking , maybe dedicated servers ? ) then more ppl will surely play on PC ...

Edited by nido997

KWF1981

yeah but then I´ll have to wait 1 or 2 years after the initial console versions drop ... :S

maybe they´ll make the PC lobbies more enjoyable (less hacking , maybe dedicated servers ? ) then more ppl will surely play on PC ...

Nope, sorry.

My PS4 can fit under my TV and can move around practically when I want around the house, or to friends even. My laptop is genuinely sh*t, and a PC proper is just not fitting in my living room, lol. And haven't really ever had the room for a gaming area. (Kids and all too).

Consoles are just for games for me. Even today's amount of 'social media' etc. that's on the PS4 is just wasted being there. Literally couldn't care less for Facebook or YouTube options or any of it. My music is on external drives, unless on Spotify or elsewhere too. I ain't changing basically the ease, flexibility or comfort I like just for a few extra graphics, delayed releases, and as it seems, very risky gaming over there (Be it cheats manipulating things, or R* getting it all wrong).

Not only that, PC's and laptops these days to me just have too much going on with them. Anti-virus, many other tools and programs to avoid online raping, lol. I'm already lost as it is, and more just comes along. The damn things do sh*t I just can't seem to learn at all. So I just got a friend to load me up and I type here, lol.

I hate computing like this, hell it took me months to find a web browser to use so I could quote people here. All I wanna do is talk GTA, or play videogames, lol. Not become Sheldon Cooper!.

nido997
Posted (edited)

Nope, sorry.

My PS4 can fit under my TV and can move around practically when I want around the house, or to friends even. My laptop is genuinely sh*t, and a PC proper is just not fitting in my living room, lol. And haven't really ever had the room for a gaming area. (Kids and all too).

Consoles are just for games for me. Even today's amount of 'social media' etc. that's on the PS4 is just wasted being there. Literally couldn't care less for Facebook or YouTube options or any of it. My music is on external drives, unless on Spotify or elsewhere too. I ain't changing basically the ease, flexibility or comfort I like just for a few extra graphics, delayed releases, and as it seems, very risky gaming over there (Be it cheats manipulating things, or R* getting it all wrong).

Not only that, PC's and laptops these days to me just have too much going on with them. Anti-virus, many other tools and programs to avoid online raping, lol. I'm already lost as it is, and more just comes along. The damn things do sh*t I just can't seem to learn at all. So I just got a friend to load me up and I type here, lol.

I hate computing like this, hell it took me months to find a web browser to use so I could quote people here. All I wanna do is talk GTA, or play videogames, lol. Not become Sheldon Cooper!.

I respect that ...

but PC performs way better than Consoles IMO ( graphics, fps etc.. ) , plus PC is way more versatile , and truthfully speaking , I don´t want to pay 300€ just to play games , I d rather spend a bit more than that on a plattform allowing me to do several things like studying , surfing ,playing games etc. ...

to each their own of course ... I take PC over consoles ...

Edited by nido997

Xiled
Posted (edited)

Most profitable but still incapable of making singleplayer dlc because they said it isn't possible lmao

Meanwhile they released Midnight Club LA, and GTA IV in 2008, they made 2 singleplayer dlc's in 2009 for gta iv, released chinatown wars, and Beaterator, released Red Dead Redemption in 2010, released LA Noire in 2011, and released Max Payne 3 in 2012 all without those "micro-transactions" They could easily make dlc for GTA V.

Hmm all those profits and only 1 game being made...

PFWK4Fq.jpg

Edited by Xiled

DemonicSpaceman

"Entertainment" is a very broad term, GTA:V is not the most profitable entertainment ever.

NFL makes $9 billion a year, is that not entertainment?

HamwithCheese

"Entertainment" is a very broad term, GTA:V is not the most profitable entertainment ever.

NFL makes $9 billion a year, is that not entertainment?

Entertainment product, a singular entry in a segment. Not an entire industry.

Pocket Fox

Apperently when GTA offers probably over 100$ worth of free DLC, people rather be pissy with it.

Nice credible pricetags you gave to these DLCs, I'm sure you haven't fabricated it at all.

Of course, it's natural for people to get "pissy" if the game they paid for twice or thrice keeps getting worse and worse. Are we now not entitled to not liking the poor services we got just because it hurts the feelings of bootlicking fanboys like you?

Not sure to any of y'all, i rather get free DLC that requires a little hard work that you can still get, for free, mind you probably a lot slower, and have microtransactions you aren't even required to play the game.

Oh boy, here we go again with the mundane "muh free" and "muh hard work" bull.

The DLCs are free to download, not entirely free. If they indeed were free like Fortnite and Team Fortress 2, you'd be able to play them without having to purchase the game in the first place. As for the 'little' hard work you're preaching about, you have to be seriously delusional to consider grindy gameplay that has to be treated as a full-time job as a 'little' hard work. If you have to put in so much time just for a few items, then it's not f*cking free.

But NooOoOoOoOO, lets just keep on bitching because that tickles our weenies and makes us feel better because we'd rather have it NooOOOw.

Your mention of other people stating things you disagree with as them 'tickling their weenies' just shows how big of a manchild you are. Kindly take your head out of your ass, thank you.

For your answer hamwithcheese, if this is the new standard of gaming, then I'm all in.

Edit: to op, it is well deserved. Good job on R* for creating a masterpiece they have.

The fanboy is spotted in his natural habitat, licking the boot it is currently being stomped with as if it was its only source of nourishment. Quite a sad creature.

In all seriousness, it's not well-deserved at all. The game is riddled with mistakes, the Singleplayer has been gutted and abandoned for the glory of Online to the point of recycling its own cancelled DLC for Online, and the sh*tty corporate practicies it has been injected with proves that it is in no way a masterpiece. If you're genuinely enthusiastic about other developers copying Rockstar's tactics, that they in turn stole from F2P mobile games nonetheless, then I feel genuine pity for you.

Nice to finally see a reply. While I do enjoy the game, nowhere I said it doesn't have it's flaws. I understand your lack of negligance to even use a simple pricing comparison to other games DLCs, but that's alright, I don't blame you.

As for paying it twice, or thrice, that is totally up to the consumer. If you were their, since day 1, when the first trailer released in like what, November of 2011? You would have saw the hype. And what was it.. May/June 2013? before the game even released when next generation consoles was announced, and released within months of next gen consoles, what possibly made everyone think it was going to be exclusive for past gen consoles? And had they noticed in past games, when GTA was released in PC several months after consoles, people should have figured it was comin to PC, seeing all that hype.

Edit: added spoiler bars so that if people don't care then they dont have to deal with a wall of text.

I like your avatar :3

Sleepwalking

I´m actually surprised that GTA 5 surpassed ALL these famous movies !!!?? ALL OF THEM ? waw , that ´s HUGE !

but what also surprises me the most , is that only 2 % of all GTA5 copies are PC sopies ???!!! ONLY 2 % ??!! WTF , I always thought PC is even the biggest plattform since there are way more ppl having PC than consoles ... only 2 % ???

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-violent-videogame-has-made-more-money-than-any-movie-ever-2018-04-06

I´m afraid GTA 6 will not be available on PC , I´m not bying any consoles for that in the future !

I think this is not correct

According to steamspy, 10 million people own this game. Thinking with social club version I think PC players close to %20.