3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

jpm1

State of Decay 2

darthYENIK

Had an enclave move in and start getting pushy with their requests for supplies.  Refused them at one point, due to being rude and I didn’t have enough to give them and keep for my own.  They got hostile.  Thought about leaving them because they live in an area I rarely visit in the middle of nowhere special.

I wanted to confront them.  But thought it might get messy.  So I recruited an assassin.  I knew another group for as long as my group had been in the region, but they no longer had anything to offer, and their enclave disappeared off the map, leaving them in a restaurant doing nothing.  They were a group of three battle hardened paramilitary looking guys.  I recruited the leader.  Waited until night.  Sent him out to the hostile group’s house with a .50 cal sniper rifle, and popped their heads from a hundred yards out.  Gave him some utilities text books because my old utilities guy died (long boring story), and now I have a hydroponics garden.

jpm1

hostile humans have zero chance against an M16. take a teammate with you. and while the AI is unsure what target it should attack, blow their heads off. more or less same strategy than with ferals. when you meet one, disconnect your brain, and reconnect it onto the following sentence 'blow his *** head off' ^^. with 3 humans groups generally once you killed 2 of them the third surrenders, and you are given the option to ban him. but be careful because i noticed that you can blow allied heads as well. and sometimes when a human nearby calls for help, and there's lot of Z incoming. while you try to clear up a bit the area with firearms, sometimes you kill the human as well. you can still loot his corpse lol, but it wasn't what you were supposed to do x)

DexMacLeod

Finally got a couple nights of multiplayer in last weekend and it was a bit of a mixed reaction. The first night he came into my map and it was all pretty smooth but the second night we went into his and I was having major de-sync issues. 

Pretty much any time we got into a car it would look like we were constantly crashing into things then suddenly we'd be back on the road. Things apparently looked just fine for him but it made it so that I pretty much couldn't drive at all. Not sure if that's the game's fault or just something was going on with my internet at the time.

Another weird thing is that his map was incredibly tame. We hardly ever saw any hordes and no freaks outside of Infestation Screamers in a little over 2 hours of play. He was still very, very early into the game but I remember having Ferals and Juggernauts all over the place from the get go.

On the upside, my map is pretty close to running dry on supplies and I was able to horde up on gas cans and vehicle repair kits while in his. Also, since we both decided to start in different maps, going into his game actually felt like I was going somewhere. Not sure I've ever really had an experience like that in a game. 

jpm1
On 5/31/2018 at 7:23 PM, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

does this game have an end? i just cleared all plague nests and moved to a second map and started all over again in the bigger base i found

actually yes and no. you can end the game by completing all the chief missions. but it's not really and end. as you will quit your actual community, but you will gain great bonuses for your next communities. just finished with a builder chief, and now i can start a new community with the ability of

having water, and electricity with 0 fuel consumption, and 0 noise

. plus all you survivors will gain the survivor title. and you can choose them again if you want for your next community. and of course with all their skills. and the ending cinematic is pretty cool also BTW

Edited by jpm1

jpm1

Willy pete. with 1 grenade i eradicated an infestation 😄

Hfje3ya.jpg

attacking the supremacists

kHuJ7ds.jpg

the ending idea is great. the idea of giving you bonuses, as well as the ability to restart with experienced survivors is brilliant

GTA3Rockstar

I really want a lot more customization like in 7 Days to Die.

Can destroy the world and build your base from the ground up.

HaRdSTyLe_83
On 6/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, jpm1 said:

actually yes and no. you can end the game by completing all the chief missions. but it's not really and end. as you will quit your actual community, but you will gain great bonuses for your next communities. just finished with a builder chief, and now i can start a new community with the ability of

Reveal hidden contents

having water, and electricity with 0 fuel consumption, and 0 noise

. plus all you survivors will gain the survivor title. and you can choose them again if you want for your next community. and of course with all their skills. and the ending cinematic is pretty cool also BTW

i finished the first with the warlord legacy

Spoiler

the bonus makes the game 2 easy IMO, you get so many grenades that if you want you can just run along the map and blow the nests as fast as you want, you also get the .50 sniper that alone, can take the nest with 3 shots, and a bunch of ammo

jpm1

yeah finished with builder, sherif, and i'm about to finish with warlord, but i'm making it last long for the fun. well yeah the bonuses make it easier, but that way you can equilibrate your base, and just have fun. whatever your base stock it's still not easy. i mean if you attack a jug with low health whatever your napalm stock you'll die. and you never know what can happen. when you respond to a distress call it could be 10 Zs waiting for you, as it could be 20 or 30 folks flanked with a couple of ferals waiting for you as well. it happened to me already, and with no car, it simply turns into nightmare in seconds 😁. and the more you last the more the spawnings increase, and make the moves delicate. each time you switch a map the difficulty increases

sherif bonuses are

supplies of all kind. snacks, supplies, grenades...[/spolier]

Edited by jpm1

HaRdSTyLe_83

Im on the 3rd legacy, first time i  switched the map 2 times before ending it. Its a shame we always restart in the same map.

Its getting easier even without the bonus. I have zero outposts and always around 15-20 resources each, and a truck parked outside full of resource bags. I now always take a team mate with me for the extra carrying capacity.

I dont know much about the first game, but i hope this one gets updated with more stuff to do, maybe some sort of extreme mode or something

jpm1

things are getting serious with map 3. on 3rd map you clearly see spawnings are increased. it's very difficult to make 30m without meeting a Z. your base supplies have almost zero incidence when you are surrounded with lot of Z. finished the warlord legacy and i find the bonuses pretty lame btw. 3 M16, 200 bullets.. you don't go far away with that. i think the game difficulty is more or less based on SoD 1 scheme. the more you switch maps the more it becomes nightmaristic. right now we are hunting the legacies, but once we'll get the 4, we'll keep switching maps, and difficulty will really increase. the 2 first maps are really easy. things are starting to get really tough with 3rd map. i remember playing 1 after 5 or 6 map switches, and there were litterally hundreds of Zs around

Edited by jpm1

HaRdSTyLe_83
4 hours ago, jpm1 said:

things are getting serious with map 3. on 3rd map you clearly see spawnings are increased.

it looked the same in the 3rd map to me, ill try it again after unlocking all legacies, but i doubt by that time im still motivated to do so.

finished the warlord legacy and i find the bonuses pretty lame btw. 3 M16, 200 bullets.. you don't go far away with that

it also gives you a 0.50 sniper plus 50 ammo enough to blow 17 plague nests  +  a hand full of grenades that will do the same.

if you brought 3 or 4 cans of fuel from the previous legacy, you can just roam around the map and blow all plague nests in one go

jpm1

don't waste the .50 for nests. more fun on juggies. just popping in to say that there are revolutionaries dressed Zs right now in the streets. probably because of the 4th of july

Mister Pinkerton

Just started this. Got it from Game Pass. I was never really fond of zombie games but the concept of this one is really different and I love it. I love this type of hands-on settlement building, so it's a big plus.

So, at E3, Microsoft announced they bought the developers that make State of Decay. Is that right? I'm literally only a couple of hours in and the "indie-style" non-full price vibe off this game doesn't put me off at all but I'm just imagining what this game would be like if it gets some Microsoft budget and a huge bump in graphics. Because these guys seem to have nailed down the gameplay pretty well. A graphical enhancement could be nice, although I'm not complaining about how it is now. 

Pocket Fox

It is pretty fun. I like the fact that dying is completely ok. Most games it's a reset to a checkpoint whereas SOD2 you select another survivor and just deal with it. Although I do wish I could have one base and build everything, but you have to pick and choose.

For an indie game it really is quality and Microsoft is killin it with the game pass. It's such great value for gamers on a budget.

I do wish there was more information in game about gameplay mechanics though, I find myself googling and going to wikis to figure out how to advance sometimes.

Mister Pinkerton
2 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

It is pretty fun. I like the fact that dying is completely ok. Most games it's a reset to a checkpoint whereas SOD2 you select another survivor and just deal with it. Although I do wish I could have one base and build everything, but you have to pick and choose.

For an indie game it really is quality and Microsoft is killin it with the game pass. It's such great value for gamers on a budget.

I do wish there was more information in game about gameplay mechanics though, I find myself googling and going to wikis to figure out how to advance sometimes.

For sure. I love that element too. I haven't got to the point anyone has died yet but I've read about others really feeling the toll of the death like it's more powerful. And like you said, the fact that it doesn't reset and life goes on, is pretty realistic. 

DexMacLeod
5 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Just started this. Got it from Game Pass. I was never really fond of zombie games but the concept of this one is really different and I love it. I love this type of hands-on settlement building, so it's a big plus.

So, at E3, Microsoft announced they bought the developers that make State of Decay. Is that right? I'm literally only a couple of hours in and the "indie-style" non-full price vibe off this game doesn't put me off at all but I'm just imagining what this game would be like if it gets some Microsoft budget and a huge bump in graphics. Because these guys seem to have nailed down the gameplay pretty well. A graphical enhancement could be nice, although I'm not complaining about how it is now. 

I don't think Microsoft buying them will change much, honestly. They've been making State of Decay with a "Microsoft budget" since somewhere during the development of the first game. I think it's always going to have that indie game feel.

I am curious to see where the franchise goes from here though. State of Decay 2 feels more like State of Decay 1.5 and I assume that's mostly because of the new engine they worked with. I'm excited to see how they build off of it when they don't also need to re-build everything else from scratch. 

Mexicola9302

I stopped playing the game for now, because of the horrible performance and the massive load of bugs. I did a basebuilder and a sheriff playthrough, mostly ended up in the container fort or the baseball field or in the mall. In the end i was so bored of the game that i used a trainer to get infinite supplies etc. i just didn't want to go out for supply runs over and over again. It really sucks there is barely any story in this game and that mostly the quests you get are bugged because the ppl are stuck underground or whatever. Having to go to mainmenu and back into the game over and over again totally killed the fun in this game.

The worst thing is the game can't count how many items you buy or sell from vendors. If you sell a vendor 100 of anything then you can buy it back for the price of just one, it works with all stackable items. The weirdest part is after you bought it back from the vendor, if you talk to him again he still has the 99 of anything, and everytime you buy it he only loses 1 of the stacked items. This way you can get unlimited stuff in no time and a sh*t ton of money.

So many gamebreaking bugs i mean wtf.

Mister Pinkerton

@DexMacLeodYou could be right. I don't know how they make games or what the implications are of a publisher, in this case Microsoft, buying the developer for which they exclusively published their games but I can imagine there will be more resources for State of Decay devs to make a better game. Whether it's gaining free access to Microsofts infrastructure, Azure, leaving the team to be more productive and allocating more budget for devs and artists that can do more of the leg work and seniors to focus on more innovative ideas  - there has to be something. Otherwise what's the point in buying them out? Why not keep them as a 3rd party dev?  

Personally, I see it as a reaction to "Xbox has no games." And the potential is there in SOD for it become something bigger in future. And by Microsoft buying them, they have some control of where the series goes in the future. They may give the devs some carte blanch with some stipulations and more resources to bring it from indie to AA or AAA. They might be priming it as a flagship launch for next gen but much bigger with more realistic graphics. Who knows? 

Well, it's on Game Pass now, so I guess buying it out made sense too. They retain ownership and don't have to pay a third party for it too could be another reason. 

BTW, I'm kind of struggling in this game already. Need to look up some tips for this game.

Edit: Finally, I broke into this game. I got my infirmary to level 2, got a gym thingy and have finally got an outpost at a clinic and I just took out my first plague heart. I was tempted to restart when I knew I didn't take a couple of optimal steps and knew I set myself back a bit. Yesterday, before I got all the stuff I just mentioned, I had no infirmary, two infected followers and no resources and my mode of transport was bust.  I have to say, it was looking really grim. I was running around like a headless chicken. I persevered though. 

I must admit, I did like at a tips video yesterday and that helped a lot but I don't feel like I was cheating. I do like the way the game doesn't spell everything out for you though. It gives you that sense of "oh sh*t, what the f*ck am I doing" kind of vibe one might get during a zombie apocalypse haha! :D

Edited by Mister Pink

jpm1

Microsoft means budget, but means also delay. personnally i prefer the word indie, to delays. but who knows, future will tell. i think the game main problem right now is the unreal engine. i don't think that engine allows big open world areas. which IMO the game is actually missing. even if i'm satisfied with the small maps switching system

Mister Pinkerton

I hear what you are saying but delays are there for a reason. A game that is delayed will most likely become the better game because someone had the balls to say that the game isn't ready yet, despite pressures of fans and investors anticipating the game. Just like "indie" doesn't mean inherently good either. 

Microsoft means budget but also means delay? What are you basing that on? Crackdown 3?  :) 😛 

Aside from that, I had another good game of SOD2 last night. My community of about 6 people now is moderately happy, supplies are OK and now I'm at that point where I'm being encouraged to explore beyond and get a new settlement - preferably one with access to water. 

Can anyone tell me.. do we all move to a new settlement or is it that I just set up a new home and try attract more settlers while my original community stays in the original home we setup? Not too sure how it works. 

jpm1

well the exploration is more or less the same. but the more you'll switch between maps, the more the difficulty increase. Z become faster, and numerous

DexMacLeod
7 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Can anyone tell me.. do we all move to a new settlement or is it that I just set up a new home and try attract more settlers while my original community stays in the original home we setup? Not too sure how it works. 

Everyone moves.

Mister Pinkerton
3 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

Everyone moves.

Cheers man. Going to probably check it out now. 

jpm1

but if i remember correctly you loose everything, except supplies. so maybe it would be wise to equip 3 or 4 characters with good rifles. talking about SoD2, huge update ( 5 gig) right now. i have no clue what it is

Mexicola9302
On 9/18/2018 at 11:10 PM, jpm1 said:

but if i remember correctly you loose everything, except supplies. so maybe it would be wise to equip 3 or 4 characters with good rifles. talking about SoD2, huge update ( 5 gig) right now. i have no clue what it is

Patchnotes:

Spoiler

Changelog:
General Issues
Fixed an exploit involving buying and selling stackable items with traders to
earn massive amounts of Influence.
Removed an apparent soft-lock caused by the death of a leader.
Removed some locks and crashes associated with pop-up boxes.
Fixed a handful of buildings that were inaccessible due to collision.
Fixed a number of localization issues.

Characters and Communities
Random ôresource lossö events are now dependent on morale and traits. If you
recruit carefully and keep everyone happy, then random resource losses should be
a thing of the past.
Characters who incur ôresource lossö events because of low morale will now
receive a temporary morale benefit for doing so. IE, they binged on a bunch of
food, but at least it made them feel better.
Skilled characters will now sometimes provide the community with new free items
in place of the ôresource lossö events.
Exiles should now always count towards exile-related achievements.
Characters from other enclaves will no longer receive the large-scale
death-banner treatment when they die.

Bases and Facilities
Fixed an issue where facilities would sometimes stop building when the main
menu was opened.
Fixed an issue where weapons would be repaired for free.
Fixed collision on the Sniper Tower to allow it to be scaled.
Fixed a case where the old Rally Point bases could still be claimed.
Extended the new resource-counting prompt for depositing rucksacks in the
generic Storage facility to apply to specialized Storage facilities as well.

Missions
Fixed an issue where some missions would provide deceptively large piles of
resources.
Fixed many cases where critical NPCs would not show up for missions
(or in one case, would attack you for no reason).
Fixed an issue with the Warlord: The Informant mission, which was not counting
vehicle kills.
Fixed an issue with the Builder: The Call Is Answered mission, in which some
enclaves would flee the playerÆs home site.

Gameplay
Armored zombies are no longer killed by flames. Instead, they catch fire and
become scarier, like a juggernaut;)
Zombie kills with vehicles should now count towards zombie-killing achievements.
Fixed some issues where zombies would spawn trapped in geometry.
Fixed an exploit that allowed some clients to easily blow up the hostÆs
vehicles.
Fixed an issue with indefinitely persistent C4 charges left by dead characters.

jpm1

looks nice 👍

Edited by jpm1

jpm1

HI guys, i need help regarding 2 things. i need a commercial chief. and i need tips to join a MP session fast

JON22

They need to add back real-time and Search and Rescue missions for your survivors. This game lacks the suspense and dread of the first. Only reason I kept going back to the first for years and made it addictive. I have no reason to play if I don't have to frantically restock my resources and make sure everyone is accounted for and happy before ending a session.

jpm1

you have plenty of S & R missions with the neighbors

jpm1

is the daybreak thing worth it. i'm tempted by the RT workshop, but i don't want to spend 10E just for that

edit: share your stats guys

dzwg2Zr.png

Edited by jpm1